Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? (13531 Views)

Please Help!who Do I Confess To,pastor Or My Wife? / What Can You Never Forgive Your Parent For? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by bobolekepee(m): 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
I can't categorically tell u 1 nw and my oga @ d top will tell u anoda 1... Lol grin grin grin... Abeg no ban me o... I prostrate on ground dey beg una o cry cry cry
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by james2man: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Some people has turn pastor to their demigod, any little thing pastor ooo my husband has started again oo, pastors ooo my wife is that... As for me i will go with my parents advice, pastor my foot.The moment you start referencing pastor(s) they see themselves as important. This is what is affecting Nigeria as a country. The same applies to the Muslims, their Imam is their demigod.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Maranzano(m): 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
People should not compare two things that are not compatible.Parents have their roles towards their children and pastors have an obligation towards the spiritual needs of their congregation.Develop a strong personal relationship with God so that you can have confidence in your own opinion.Seek the guidance and advice of your parents on any matter you wish to undertake and you may confide in your pastor on your future plans if you so wish. NEVER COMPARE YOUR PASTOR TO YOUR PARENTS! and NEVER COMPARE YOUR MOTHER TO YOUR WIFE. They serve you in different ways.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Bimpss(f): 10:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
NEITHER . I'll "listen" to what they have to say, but at the end of the day I'll do what I feel is best. Some of you going all "parents" "pastor" I feel bad for you, the sooner you realize you are in this world alone the better. At the end of the day, you're the only person who can lookout for yourself. Not the sheikh/imam, pastors, rabbi ( definitely not them),mommy, daddy, aunty, uncle, sister, brother, cousin, friend, e.t.c but You.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
[b] @Op
It depends on the issue at hand and the individual involved!

God's charge to parents is, "Train up a child in the way he SHOULD go: when he is old, he will not the depart from it!"- Proverbs 22:6

If this command is not violated on the part of the parents, then the individual will definitely have to make a choice!

BUT,

No matter the case, God did command the child to, "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord hath giveth thee!-Exodus 20:12

Now,

When a Man of God {Pastor, Prophet etc.} by virtue of his ministry gives you an instruction that seems to contradict {in a way} what your parents wanted such an individual {at this point, I mean an adult of say 20 and above} to do... at this point, the individual HAS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO DECIDE; to follow mum and dad's instruction or to follow the Pastor's, it's solely A QUESTION OF FAITH!
But remember, our parent's choice for us sometimes {though are of good intentions} can be selfish!

Jesus did say in Matthew 10:37 that, "he that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter than me is not worthy of me."

Like I said, IT'S A QUESTION OF FAITH and A MATTER OF CHOICE!
God bless us all! [/b]
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mamacita007: be careful with the way some of u insult men of God. he has given us common sense to choose your own opinion whether right or wrong. it depends on the kind of advise they gave u. if ur mom ask u to sell ur soul to the devil for example by doing something bad will u do it? same thing if ur pastor asks u to sleep wit him for blessings will u do it? its not everytime i agree with my pastor
lol @d bolded.

Ur parent ain't got no reason 2 mislead u except someone has casted a spell or cantrip on dem 2do so.

Ur pastor may not also ve any reason 2, bt rememba dat is primary priority re his biological children.

It 'd beta 2 tk advices frm someone who has made u his/her best n first priority

Wat church do u attend?
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Cestmoi1(f): 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
Even if my parent or pastor advise me,the final advise i'll take lies wit me and those advises can either make or mar me.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Gbemmyxal(f): 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
Wld av wna get compelled to yield to either someday, but da ish is dat i aint trusting nobody - not even ma closest relative (dad or mom). BTW, wot r ma brain cells for, like somebody righty asked?
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Princessdiena(f): 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
My parents 1st, cos d bible said "hounor ur fada nd moda so dt ur days wl b lng on earth.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Thebrightest(m): 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
[size=20pt]Just passing by...[/size]
[size=60pt]__/""""|""""\_____
|__/@\____/@\___|%[/size]
[size=20pt]Anyways, I will follow my heart and choose the one with the right advice.[/size]
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
protestants worship their pastors

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by FatCock: 11:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
I listen to Shembe
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by ravensckar(m): 12:27am On Sep 06, 2013
My take is dt one shld put into considerations factors lyk; Knowledge,Experience,Sincerity, n Spirituality. Seeking advice shldn't be based on sentiments or emotions, U gotta employ d ryt man 4d job. My own case is a very rare example, av got a father who doubles as my spiritual leader.So,I reali dnt need to boggle my mind in d cause of selecting who my adviser wil be.Bt com 2tink of it, if my Dad hadn't bn my spiritual leader, wld av stil relied on his advise cos He possesses all d qualities of a gud adviser....
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Roland17(m): 1:48am On Sep 06, 2013
I have come a very long way with those two wonderful and rare people in my life and there's no way I am trading their advice for any pastor, priest, bishop, imam or pope.... God blessed both of them with wisdom, wisdom I can't comprehend sometimes....but hey I am happy they are in my life with all that wisdom.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by NosaHenry(m): 1:58am On Sep 06, 2013
It depends on the quality and soundness of the advise. Wise men dont follow anyhow
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Blackygal: 2:46am On Sep 06, 2013
my parent
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 3:29am On Sep 06, 2013
Have you wondered why those who counseled you before your marriage have divorced now?
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Funjosh(m): 3:47am On Sep 06, 2013
My MUM, she may now ask me to go to her pastor if its beyond what she can handle.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by kasim155: 3:57am On Sep 06, 2013
I can take advice 4rm anybody, My parent, My pastor, Anybody older than me or even younger than me, provided it is a Gud n Positive Advice.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Queeneth29(f): 5:35am On Sep 06, 2013
I can take advice frm my pastor bt parent advice is gud
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Giniguru: 5:44am On Sep 06, 2013
Depending on d kind of advice cos smtimes GOD uses both parents n pasrors to advice U on smtin. Bt my parents 're d 1nce I believe more
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 06, 2013
Even my own Dad doesnt advice me, he only just chips in a few words, the advice he gives since i became an adult is,

''Son, you should know where you are going to from where you are coming from, the best advice is the one you give yourself''

i can listen to advice from any1 from now till tomorrow, at the end i still do the exact thing i have in mind. If i make mistake finally, i go learn

1 Like

Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by abioyeolufemi6: 6:30am On Sep 06, 2013
There are some issues one should take in considration pastor advice, some will follow parent advice..... but the truth is, if God speaks through both of them, it will surely be the same.... all the same, KNOW THE GOD YOU ARE SERVING so that guide you on any advice and issue you are in to.... ''ONLY GOD, NOTHING ELSE.......''
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by blessed4ever: 6:35am On Sep 06, 2013
The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international crusade, titled,'GOD HAS THE ANSWER', in Eagle Square Abuja this weekend, 7th & 8th September, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break,yoke of sin will break,HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by lolaxavier(m): 6:36am On Sep 06, 2013
My mum and dad have served as effective and efficient guide throughout my entire life. I have never been led astray by their advice,so why do I need one Pastor Biodun to pump me with lies and deceit,possibly toast me self. Guys,this pastor pastor thing will plunge some people into concrete wahala oooo.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by sfx9ja(m): 6:40am On Sep 06, 2013
Listen to all men but filter all you hear on a screen of truth. Shikena!
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Kelechi2020(m): 6:48am On Sep 06, 2013
Your parent should be ur advicer on plain matters until u tink that the matter has taken a meta physical direction.that is when ur pastor should come in,a good pastors advice should be in conformity with ur parents.else run 4 ur dear life.
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by Flow11(f): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2013
when you have parents that dont know how to advice,what then do you do order than to listen to your spiritual leader..that wat i do
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by nurusystem(m): 7:21am On Sep 06, 2013
d bible say children obey your parent not pastor,prophet.n your heaven is under your parent.so honour your parent
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by quivah(f): 7:59am On Sep 06, 2013
berem: Indeed! Are you expecting God to talk to you directly? wa pe mbe!! grin
hmmn Why not?!.. is my pastor more human or opportuned than I am?
Re: Your Pastor Or Your Parent? Whose Advise Do You Listen To? by mbulela: 8:25am On Sep 06, 2013
berem: Indeed! Are you expecting God to talk to you directly? wa pe mbe!! grin
Why can't God talk to me directly?
The veil has been torn,in case you forgot.
So in your books, he can't talk to me directly but he can talk to pastor directly?
No be the same Jesus grant two of us access to the father?
Abi na different blood ransom the pastor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nairalander Celebrates His Great Grandmother At 130 Years / Increase Your Family Income With This Info / South African Based Nigerian Lady Rants After Finding Unknown Baby At Her Gate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.