Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? (49248 Views)

Olympus Has Fallen Vs London Has Fallen / Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down / Which Is The Better Movie? White House Down 2013 Or Olympus Has Fallen 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by ideyvexnow: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
kimco:

U know...i was seeing alot of praise for the movie...so i was eager to watch it. Looking for it like a mad man. Then i got it and was dissapointed. U think u have the right to praise it, then let others critisze it as well. Live and let live. Funny thing is that i've juxt highlighted everything that bodered me about it and all u jux did was say u liked it. I responded to the post that said it was unique....but we all know it isn't. And people shud stop using that lame excuse of have u done it b4 or can u do it. So because i haven't done it b4 i must accept mediocrity from people who shud do better? To whom much is given (producers) much is expected. Don't be a douche bag and jux say why u love it, dats all. the movie has the making of realism...yet it breaks all the rules. Even rambo 4 has more realism than this movie

i'm not perfectionist and i don't know everything. However i play the devil's advocate because everyone seems to ff the leader alot. It'll be a bore if we all agreed with each other...and as far as i'm concerned, the thread was made for a debate... And i'm providing one....so stop being a total A.s.s and provide ur counter argument, if u got one.

As for the other...i haven't seen it yet. So no comment.

What is there to argue about?

Olympus Have Fallen is a really good action movie best watched with lots of popcorn.

but WHD is well written suspense filled action movie that will stay in your memory for a long if you love a movie with a good storyline.

So my conclusion is, Olympus have Fallen has slightly better action while White House Down has the more memorable story.

If ask me to choose which one I like best, I will choose both of them and still look for more similar movies. Damn!!!, I can't get enough of these kinds action blockbusters.... grin grin grin
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by duvek: 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
Definitely white house down...
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Chidiphilip(m): 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
I have not watched any of them at all. Is there anywhere i can get the film in makurdi,benue state
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
The mistake I made was to watch the action packed OHF first , after that I could not have the patience to finish WHF after I saw the president being chased round the lawn and people were watching closeby.
My advice is , take time n watch WHF first the later do OHF , u will probably love WHF better but for me n my family , Olympus Has Fallen carries the day
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by sawhite: 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
ideyvexnow:

What is there to argue about?

Olympus Have Fallen is a really good action movie best watched with lots of popcorn.

but WHD is well written suspense filled action movie that will stay in your memory for a long if you love a movie with a good storyline.

So my conclusion is, Olympus have Fallen has slightly better action while White House Down has the more memorable story.

If ask me to choose which one I like best, I will choose both of them and still look for more similar movies. Damn!!!, I can't get enough of these kinds action blockbusters.... grin grin grin
lol totally agreed. However i did not respond to the op...jux responded to the person who said the movie was unique. Cos we all know it isn't
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by opskie: 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2013
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by MzteejaY(f): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2013
I dnt knw why every1's saying olympus has fallen is better. OHF had no suspense d bad guy was introduced frm d beginnin nd d action wasn't real. I had 2 delete d movie after watchin bt white house down was more mature with d president and tatum fightin 4 their lives. Tatum's loyalty was torn between savin his daughter and his country and we didn't knw d speaker of d house was d bad guy till d end. I'd pick WHD anyday anytym.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
Mz_teejaY_: I dnt knw why every1's saying olympus has fallen is better. OHF had no suspense d bad guy was introduced frm d beginnin nd d action wasn't real. I had 2 delete d movie after watchin bt white house down was more mature with d president and tatum fightin 4 their lives. Tatum's loyalty was torn between savin his daughter and his country and we didn't knw d speaker of d house was d bad guy till d end. I'd pick WHD anyday anytym.

Dude c'moooooon..warn people about ur spoilers, not cool at all
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Enoquin(f): 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
undecided WHD better? Too childish...I didn't relate with the characters at all. I love channing tatum but in this movie...nope.
I liked channing's daughter in Ramona and Beezuz but not in this movie. Her flag waving moment wasn't too emotional. It was okay.
The plot wasn't too realistic. The story dragged in my opinion and the last two scenes; speaker getting found out and the President's thingy wasn't it. Channing dodging every bullet wasn't it. Everything was just chaotic, the helicopters falling on the lawn with channing and jamie dodging every bullet with the Limo.
And Jamie? Triple facepalm! I thought I was done with his drab acting in Django Unchained.
And couldn't someone shoot Channing's daughter? I mean, should terrorists have any conscience? Maybe if they are Americans. LMAO

OHF. I first saw the billboard in Calabar 5 months or so back and said to myself, this would be a boring movie. The poster wasn't inspiring.
Now, watching the movie...I am reminded again about judgements, books and covers.
Gerald Butler? Muuuuuaaaahhhhh!
Basset? I have always liked her carriage
I liked the way the terrorists bulldozed their way in, killing without mercy and double checking bodies by shooting through the head (don't take that the wrong way); it showed efficiency and proficiency. When there's a task at hand, why give room for future obstacles?
The terrorist had the advantage of surprise and it worked well. They were ready for the 'no negotiation' stance and had no qualms doing what they had to do.
I liked the way the President was moved immediately there was an attack. And how the speaker immediately became the Acting President without delay.
And why is no one mentioning the scene, where the Secretary of States was told to walk out so she could be killed in front of a larger audience but instead got saved.
And when he was typing in the code and didn't know where hash was and Angela said ''shift 3"
Gerald used his knowledge of the White House and his relationship with the first family and of course his seeking for redemption to drive the movie.

Both movies reminded me of Die Hard 1 but OHF reminded me more of DH1.

In my opinion, it's OHF for me

8 Likes

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
Enoquin: undecided WHD better? Too childish...

Well said. Straight up no contest! wink
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by opskie: 8:06am On Sep 08, 2013
Zzz. Zzzz
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 9:56am On Sep 08, 2013
opskie: I dint wanna do this but seeing as some people would still go on to rate this movie as good kinda irks me into writing to point out tht there were lots of things wrong, lame and so out
of place in this movie. Even though this is fiction but dont just put up a lame script and
expect people to shove it down their throat and give you a thumbs up in return.. ..
Lots of things were out of place in this movie and im gonna point out some:

-First off the CGI fx in this movie was just terrible and made me almost want to puke.
Infact the CG from Penguins of Madagascar series was better off!
- American air defense is incredibly skimpy, incompetent and late..i mean a C-130 GUNSHIP
makes it to D.C. before being intercepted by two raptors, which get shot down and after that
only ONE raptor is sent to deal with the threat. [how did the aircraft get into A RESTRICTED
DC AIRSPACE in the first place?!!] youve cat to be kitten me.. shocked
-Disregarding the fact that half of the army would already be all over D.C. when the two jets
got shot down, the terrorists are now advancing towards the White House on foot!!! - Humvees
and choppers are sent out from across the river and the humvees get there first
- Kang states in the movie that it took only 13 minutes to overtake the white house (i call absolute BS on that) and during this whole time police, swat, special forces, army etc were nowhere to be found! Usually in critical times, all cops are sent to the area! If a bank is raided in Washington, the cops must logically reach there later than the time they need to reach to White house?!!!
To the best of my movie experience if a bank was being raided even anywhere in the US other than Washington, it takes less than 13mins or so for the police to get there..
and for the Real SS agents protecting the white house? they had just suits on, no armor whatsoever and the worst thing they were so stupid as to pour out of the entrance like ants and started running towards bullets from terrorist guns..no strategies, contingencies etc....if it would have been this easy for terrorists to overtake the white house, then it would have been done in real life years ago.
-President gets captured and the U.S. chain of command will let the nation be destroyed just
because of one man
-WH use the super secret weapon to defend the premises but somehow the terrorists are able to
operate it haba..
-At the end when Butler calls in that they are okay, it takes them 5 mins to get out of the
building and no one is going in
-And wait what? N.koreans are the terrorists attacking the US now? kim jong would probably have laughed his ass off if he watched this movie.
-And to missile detonation part, Don't you have to Arm a missile BEFORE you detonate it?
-Also the part where they send in the Navy SEALs knowing their own weaponry will cut these
brave men down and yet the CSA refuses to call them back after 5/6 helos are smoking? and The
guys were probably still alive, couldnt they have gotten out of the chopper and get the job
done?...BUT Nah, the movie lets them be dead for the sake of the script so Butler the bad
dude can go in there and clean house. Even though all his security codes should have been revoked by
the White House after 18 months reassigned!!! but miraculously all his passwords and combination to the safe in the Oval Office were still intact.
-My biggest angst is in the part where Kang (Rick Yune) is torturing people for some codes
and the President (Aaron Eckhart) keeps saying "Give him the code, he will never get mine."
and when it finally comes to the point in the movie where Kang needs his code it is ALREADY
in the computer!! Lolwotdefuqq... What happened? How did Kang get his code? undecided
-President of USA calls Korean prime minister to join him in top secret bunker for a cup of coffee probably violating thousand protocols. angry
-And speaking of stupid, how about that super dooper gun turret they somehow miraculously
smuggled into the White House and strategically placed on the roof such that it could shoot
down 6 Navy SEAL helicopters shocked OMFG! STOOOPID! This movie was Die Hard on steroids. Lame
lame lame lame lame, and again, lame. sad My head hurts.

*i should just stop here* ..this movie plot had many holes than the bad guys..
i just had to suspend LOGIC temporarily to watch this movie.

THIS is a dumb movie...boring, predictable, Loaded with cheesy inane dialogs, ridiculous inaccuracies and weak story line.
Every lame over the top Die Hard action cliché was crammed in this production, and what makes it more depressing is that its coming from antoine fuqua, a guy that once brought us very decent movies like 'Tears of the Sun', 'Brooklyn's Finest', 'Shooter' and the award winning Training Day!.
Perhaps i expected more than this from him in ohf but im just grossly dissapointed..this movie fell below standards and expectations. i had to wonder..what happened to him?

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN MY HAND!

Nice post.....imdb user review...hmmmmm? Still great post. U cud post the others too which i agree with perfectly.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by opskie: 10:11am On Sep 08, 2013
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
opskie:
[how did the aircraft get into A RESTRICTED
DC AIRSPACE in the first place?!!]
█ Enemy craft can be shot down even before entering DC but when it is one of yours , action may be delayed █
- Humvees and choppers are sent out from across the river and the humvees get there first They have given you a special aerial view to timed who got there first
They were choppers in the air

- Kang states in the movie that it took only 13 minutes to overtake the white house (i call absolute BS on that) and during this whole time police, swat, special forces, army etc were nowhere to be found! it takes less than 13mins or so for the police to get there.
█ Kang said , it takes 15 mins for the ARMY to be there , the police where there seconds after the first strike █
-President gets captured and the U.S. chain of command will let the nation be destroyed just
because of one man
█ Duh █

-WH use the super secret weapon to defend the premises but somehow the terrorists are able to
operate it haba..
█ The US , Russia and Chinese have been stealing technologies and designs from each other , nothing is secret , just don't let your enemies access it █
-And wait what? N.koreans are the terrorists attacking the US now?
█ Isn't that a welcome alternative ? I was already tired of the Arabs and muslim stuff █
-And to missile detonation part, Don't you have to Arm a missile BEFORE you detonate it?
█ Everything needed to arm a missile are in the same compartment with the core. Kang theory was to set up a firework which will heat up the core and cause it to explode █
- What happened? How did Kang get his code? undecided
█ Jacobs said they needed to crack just one code considering the time they had when the other guy say it will take days to crack the 3 codes. They already the resources to crack one code all they needed was the two other codes. Don't ask me why the Pentagon didn't change the codes █

-President of USA calls Korean prime minister to join him in top secret bunker for a cup of coffee probably violating thousand protocols. angry
█ This would never happen in real life especially after this movie █

-And speaking of stupid, how about that super dooper gun turret they somehow miraculously
smuggled into the White House and strategically placed on the roof such that it could shoot
down 6 Navy SEAL helicopters shocked OMFG! STOOOPID!
█ just cool down and rephrase the question █

This movie was Die Hard on steroids. Lame
█ I have seen worse , I was hospitalized after watching Skyfall █

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN IS THE NAME OF THE MOVIE!

2 Likes

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
ITbomb: ur post
no duh....america doesn't negotiate with terrorists....and no...in real life...they jux won't bend rules for the president. They'll get a new one after he's dead. The human is jux occupying a symbol, that figure can always be replaced. If he can be saved sure, if not...they'll move on. He is also a soldier...commander in chief of the army...

Secondly on ur first point...was the aircraft seen as one america's.? cos i dnt think it was. Any aircraft flying without authorization be them america's own or foreign won't be allowed to enter dc airspace or even get closer to it. there won't be no delays i can promise u that. Americans take security as prioty over anything...the movie insults them with the shoddy security protocols that were in place (or not, in this case)
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
opskie:

ah beht ofkez...unless we'd just be lying to oursleves. Couldnt have agreed more with what views are shared on there.. if you watch these type of flicks very well and alot of things dont add up, it wont be that hard for you to notice.

O boy, i agree with that post 100% infact u can post the others as well as far as i'm concerned.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by fleck: 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Olympus has fallen is the movie,good story line.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by iykedee: 7:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Morgan567: winkI am a script writer and movie critic and from a techincal and story angle, White house down is better. It has a story, a beginning and an end, nicely written. Olympus has fallen is cool too but no good story, just destruction shaaa. Got tired midway...

Some scriptwriter you are! If you actually believe that WHD had a good script, then you have no business writing scripts and I say this without any malice. Stick to your day's job bro

2 Likes

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by omar22(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
kimco: it not unique really, feels like airforce one on land. OHF is an action flick. No logic behind it atall. U think americans will risk the security for their president? America doesn't negotiate with terrorists. In real life, that president would die b4 the codes are given. That plane which destroyed the place would'nt have even made it that far b4 been shot down. The military special ops would be in the white hse b4 the saboteaurs can even blink, hard boiled militia soldiers giving out infos after torture, i mean what did u learn in the academy? These things are taught, u're a higly trained soldier for christ sakes. Also nobody takes cover, looks like the good guys move to receive the bullets in the abdomens, too obvious..... That's to mention a few.

The illogical reasoning in the movie made me not even finish it. I'm quite dissapointed with gerrard butler and morgan freeman partaking in this movie. Too much commando with this movie, a little realism won't kill us. It's a sad day when people are praising an action flick like we were in the 80s and it was the best thing since sliced bread, and brilliant movies like shutter island gets called overrated.

The president was prepared to die but they managed to get the Code!

The military plane belongs to the US airforce thats why it managed to get into a no fly zone

Its not easy to shoot down a highly techincal war carrier moreso its hard to lock a missile unto one either.

Its a movie not a true life story

2 Likes

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by wonderiyke(m): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2013
Enoquin: undecided WHD better? Too childish...I didn't relate with the characters at all. I love channing tatum but in this movie...nope.
I liked channing's daughter in Ramona and Beezuz but not in this movie. Her flag waving moment wasn't too emotional. It was okay.
The plot wasn't too realistic. The story dragged in my opinion and the last two scenes; speaker getting found out and the President's thingy wasn't it. Channing dodging every bullet wasn't it. Everything was just chaotic, the helicopters falling on the lawn with channing and jamie dodging every bullet with the Limo.
And Jamie? Triple facepalm! I thought I was done with his drab acting in Django Unchained.
And couldn't someone shoot Channing's daughter? I mean, should terrorists have any conscience? Maybe if they are Americans. LMAO

OHF. I first saw the billboard in Calabar 5 months or so back and said to myself, this would be a boring movie. The poster wasn't inspiring.
Now, watching the movie...I am reminded again about judgements, books and covers.
Gerald Butler? Muuuuuaaaahhhhh!
Basset? I have always liked her carriage
I liked the way the terrorists bulldozed their way in, killing without mercy and double checking bodies by shooting through the head (don't take that the wrong way); it showed efficiency and proficiency. When there's a task at hand, why give room for future obstacles?
The terrorist had the advantage of surprise and it worked well. They were ready for the 'no negotiation' stance and had no qualms doing what they had to do.
I liked the way the President was moved immediately there was an attack. And how the speaker immediately became the Acting President without delay.
And why is no one mentioning the scene, where the Secretary of States was told to walk out so she could be killed in front of a larger audience but instead got saved.
And when he was typing in the code and didn't know where hash was and Angela said ''shift 3"
Gerald used his knowledge of the White House and his relationship with the first family and of course his seeking for redemption to drive the movie.

Both movies reminded me of Die Hard 1 but OHF reminded me more of DH1.

Great Analysis!!!!! I enjoyed every bit of it.

1 Like

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by wonderiyke(m): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2013
iykedee:

Some scriptwriter you are! If you actually believe that WHD had a good script, then you have no business writing scripts and I say this without any malice. Stick to your day's job bro

Tell him, bro!! He certainly has no business writing scripts. And he should also retract the earlier statement about being a movie critic. He wouldn't even know a movie if it kicked him in the face....
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by wonderiyke(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2013
opskie: I dint wanna do this but seeing as some people would still go on to rate this movie as good kinda irks me into writing to point out tht there were lots of things wrong, lame and so out
of place in this movie. Even though this is fiction but dont just put up a lame script and
expect people to shove it down their throat and give you a thumbs up in return.. ..
Lots of things were out of place in this movie and im gonna point out some:

-First off the CGI fx in this movie was just terrible and made me almost want to puke.
Infact the CG from Penguins of Madagascar series was better off!
- American air defense is incredibly skimpy, incompetent and late..i mean a C-130 GUNSHIP
makes it to D.C. before being intercepted by two raptors, which get shot down and after that
only ONE raptor is sent to deal with the threat. [how did the aircraft get into A RESTRICTED
DC AIRSPACE in the first place?!!] youve cat to be kitten me.. shocked
-Disregarding the fact that half of the army would already be all over D.C. when the two jets
got shot down, the terrorists are now advancing towards the White House on foot!!! - Humvees
and choppers are sent out from across the river and the humvees get there first
- Kang states in the movie that it took only 13 minutes to overtake the white house (i call absolute BS on that) and during this whole time police, swat, special forces, army etc were nowhere to be found! Usually in critical times, all cops are sent to the area! If a bank is raided in Washington, the cops must logically reach there later than the time they need to reach to White house?!!!
To the best of my movie experience if a bank was being raided even anywhere in the US other than Washington, it takes less than 13mins or so for the police to get there..
and for the Real SS agents protecting the white house? they had just suits on, no armor whatsoever and the worst thing they were so stupid as to pour out of the entrance like ants and started running towards bullets from terrorist guns..no strategies, contingencies etc....if it would have been this easy for terrorists to overtake the white house, then it would have been done in real life years ago.
because of one man
operate it haba..
-At the end when Butler calls in that they are okay, it takes them 5 mins to get out of the
building and no one is going in
-And wait what? N.koreans are the terrorists attacking the US now? kim jong would probably have laughed his ass off if he watched this movie.
-Also the part where they send in the Navy SEALs knowing their own weaponry will cut these
brave men down and yet the CSA refuses to call them back after 5/6 helos are smoking? and The
guys were probably still alive, couldnt they have gotten out of the chopper and get the job
done?...BUT Nah, the movie lets them be dead for the sake of the script so Butler the bad
dude can go in there and clean house. Even though all his security codes should have been revoked by
the White House after 18 months reassigned!!! but miraculously all his passwords and combination to the safe in the Oval Office were still intact.
-My biggest angst is in the part where Kang (Rick Yune) is torturing people for some codes
and the President (Aaron Eckhart) keeps saying "Give him the code, he will never get mine."
and when it finally comes to the point in the movie where Kang needs his code it is ALREADY
in the computer!! Lolwotdefuqq... What happened? How did Kang get his code? undecided
down 6 Navy SEAL helicopters shocked OMFG! STOOOPID! This movie was Die Hard on steroids. Lame

*i should just stop here* ..this movie plot had many holes than the bad guys..
i just had to suspend LOGIC temporarily to watch this movie.

THIS is a dumb movie...boring, predictable, Loaded with cheesy inane dialogs, ridiculous inaccuracies and weak story line.
Every lame over the top Die Hard action cliché was crammed in this production, and what makes it more depressing is that its coming from antoine fuqua, a guy that once brought us very decent movies like 'Tears of the Sun', 'Brooklyn's Finest', 'Shooter' and the award winning Training Day!.
Perhaps i expected more than this from him in ohf but im just grossly dissapointed..this movie fell below standards and expectations. i had to wonder..what happened to him?

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN MY HAND!

sorry sir. But how many have you produced? Would love to see one of your works. Looks like its gonna be a bigger blockbuster than "Olympus Has Fallen" ever was....
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Enoquin(f): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
VillageBoi:

Well said. Straight up no contest! wink

Elusive dude, howdy. It's OHF for you too? tongue
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Enoquin(f): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2013
VillageBoi:

My dear sista, how now? I dey around o. Oh yeah... to me both were good fun but OHF is much, much better... well it's a far more mature movie. WHD couldn't decide if it wanted to be a comedy grin

WHD had its flashes no doubt but did it tilt towards comedy? Mbanu. It was a less serious movie.
Anyways, me dey good. Got one crazy mail from your mail. It sure didn't sound like you, so I am thinking you got hacked or cloned
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Enoquin(f): 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
wonderiyke:

Great Analysis!!!!! I enjoyed every bit of it.

Much thanks senor.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
Enoquin:
Elusive dude, howdy. It's OHF for you too? tongue

My dear sista, how now? I dey around o. Oh yeah... to me both were good fun but OHF is much, much better... well it's a far more mature movie. WHD couldn't decide if it wanted to be a comedy grin
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
wonderiyke:
sorry sir. But how many have you produced? Would love to see one of your works. Looks like its gonna be a bigger blockbuster than "Olympus Has Fallen" ever was....

Thank you. Help me tell them... they all jump in like experts slagging off anything ever made. Like it's easy to make a film. And they obviously have no idea on the planet why films are even made - 'entertainment and escapism' for the most part. The stupidity of analysing everything to 'prove' that's not EXACTLY how it would be done in the 'real world' never fails to make me laugh. Who gives a sh*t? And who says films MUST show 'reality'? If they want 100% 'reality' let them stick to 'factual documentaries'... oh and as they hate everything... they can zip it & shoot their own... actually we'd love to see what they make grin ... thankfully not a single one of them is a producer!

2 Likes

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 11:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
wonderiyke:

Will u people jux shut up. He just told u his point, u either disagree by debunking like others have done or u shut up, period. Read the gud with the bad, that's objectivity. Bloody hippocrite, u wanna hr all the gud things....well he jux highlighted reality for u, the movie is an insult to the intelligent. Enjoy ur blockbuster.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 11:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Larrygr8t: Olympus has falling and White House down are both unique and classic films. But Olympus, takes the lead for me.

Hahahahhahaahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahaha. Gud joke dude *wipes tears from eyes*
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 12:02am On Sep 14, 2013
omar22:

The president was prepared to die but they managed to get the Code!

The military plane belongs to the US airforce thats why it managed to get into a no fly zone

Its not easy to shoot down a highly techincal war carrier moreso its hard to lock a missile unto one either.

Its a movie not a true life story

first let me correct u dere....i love commando even if it's very unrealistic becos it wasn't trying to be....however olympus has fallen takes facts and makes a mockery out of it jux for petty patroitism/ big hit at box office.

Secondly...doesn't matter if it even the presidents own private jet, without authorisation, that plane cudn't get past there.

The war drone is powerful yes...but if u think america doesn't have planes that can take a war plane down then u're kidding urself. They know others might have similar technology and so the have counter measures as well, plus for also cases like that of OHF. Beside why in God's name was it only one plane dispatched to take that plane down, after the first two had been shot? Abeg guy, i didn't finish watching it...but can u tell me if it was explained hw the koreans got their hands on that american war plane?
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Bibol(f): 7:44am On Sep 14, 2013
Funny thing is I saw both movies on the same day. Olympus has fallen has a better script, but white house down to me, was better in terms of acting. The suspense was intense. I go with White house down because it actually looked more realistic especially with that lil kid in the film.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBNaija: Chidi Mike To Give Erica N2M Cash After Disqualification / Tobi Bakre Wins AMVCA Best Actor In A Drama, Movie Or Tv Series / "Weed And Porn" T-shirt Worn By A 'Pastor' In A Yoruba Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.