Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,498 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow (30454 Views)

Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / Nigeria's Best President Ever Will Be Removed Tomorrow / Jega May Be Removed Tomorrow, Replacement Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by lekanolas: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Barring any last minute change of plan, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, may kiss his job goodbye tomorrow.

Impeccable sources told National Mirror yesterday that one of the key positions to be adopted during the party’s elders’ meeting holding tomorrow is for Tukur to relinquish his position for peace to reign in the party.

National Mirror exclusively gathered that the Friday’s meeting would hold at Akwa Ibom Lodge in Asokoro, Abuja, in the morning.

The meeting was called by ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo to resolve the impasse in the party following the decision of former Vice- President Atiku Abubakar and six other governors to walk out of the PDP special convention held at the Eagle Square on Saturday, August 31.

At the meeting, the party’s elders will take a decision on Tukur.

“The consensus is that Tukur has to go for peace to return in PDP. So, we will agree on his fate. Surely, we will ask him to resign honourably from office. From there, we will ask the aggrieved governors and parties to return to PDP for further reconciliation,” one of the party’s elders told National Mirror.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/embattled-pdp-boss-may-be-removed-tomorrow/
Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by ckkris: 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
The renegade 6, or, r6, are all outgoing 2nd termers, and therefore, have no power of bargain. Their walkout had no effect on the mini convention, because their followers were too few. President Jonathan is more acceptable to Nigerians than Obasanjo, who is generally perceived as a wicked, heartless man. And Atiku is even worse. Let the r6 go and join hell-Rufai & other renegades in the APC.

42 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Goddex: 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
@OP
For your mind. Keep dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Sirniyeh(m): 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
ckkris: The renegade 6, or, r6, are all outgoing 2nd termers, and therefore, have no power of bargain. Their walkout had no effect on the mini convention, because their followers were too few. President Jonathan is more acceptable to Nigerians than Obasanjo, who is generally perceived as a wicked, heartless man. And Atiku is even worse. Let the r6 go and join hell-Rufai & other renegades in the APC.
It's like you dont know what you typed. ItLs not a must people like you comment. Just read and go.

35 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by brixton: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
This Turkur will go tomorrow news no de tire una? Turkur will not go cos thats the best way to stop Atiku from contesting the next primaries

3 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Wsdm: 5:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
ckkris: The renegade 6, or, r6, are all outgoing 2nd termers, and therefore, have no power of bargain. Their walkout had no effect on the mini convention, because their followers were too few. President Jonathan is more acceptable to Nigerians than Obasanjo, who is generally perceived as a wicked, heartless man. And Atiku is even worse. Let the r6 go and join hell-Rufai & other renegades in the APC.
By your summation, any politician that is against GEJ are all renegade. It should also be surmise that renegade politicians brought him to power. Where are we heading to in this country with such odious mentality?

16 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by juman(m): 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
Who cares. grin

One nigeria is the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by boniflex(m): 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
Definitely this is END TIME for Turkur
Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by dridowu: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
2moro ?...............i dont care about papa deceive pikin
Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by omenka(m): 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
If your arguement is anything to go by, then your conclusion is awfully flawed. Since they are all 2nd termers, that, as a matter of fact, makes them the more dangerous since they have nothing to lose.

12 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Chloekim(m): 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
PDP, can't u guys resolve simple impasse all this while? I dey laf o
Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by ckkris: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
omenka:

Since they are all 2nd termers, that, as a matter of fact, makes them the more dangerous since they have nothing to lose.

To stop EFCC from investigating the numerous petitions against them is the major reason they r6 are forcing the President to acknowledge them as special. Not that they have any contributions to enhance Jona's widespread transformations. They MUST beg for mercy & forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Haywhymido(m): 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
I c undecided

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by simpleseyi: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2013

Never fight someone who has nothing at stake. These 2-time governors have upper hand because they can fight dirty and naked publicly. Since they are not strategizing on winning next election, it will be easy for them to destroy all Pigs Digging Pigs (PDP) votes and bury the party since the party will be dead before the next election. Are you calling me a Renegade too since I am not in support of the Pigs Digging Pigs (PDP) and the husband of your "Jesus-on-Earth"?

12 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by nerodenero: 8:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
In my own opinion, Tukur's only problem in PDP is his loyalty to the President. Most members that are against the President's ambition in 2015 knows Tukur can deliver the mandate him, hence the clamour to remove him and replace with another person accordingly. I'm not a fan of Jonathan or PDP but it is glaring that if this matter is not curbed, it is capable of disintegrating PDP entirely. I still believe that the end of PDP is near than ever before.

4 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Built2last: 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
Political observers are fully aware that Tukur is not a politician.He is a business man.He represents all the troubles bedeviling PDP. However, Jonathan must also understand that Tukur is Loyal to him and the North has to remove him to achieve their 2015 agenda...I am watchin in HD to see how it plays out

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bamanga Tukur to be removed tomorrow so what? Make i start to dey cry abi? Stupid newz to have made front page today. Talk about ASUU strike not PDP rivalry. Where are the end time Niggaz

2 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by JuanDeDios: 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sorry if I don't sound current, but what grievances have these people listed against Tukur?

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by confusion247(m): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
After all said and done, Jonathan will have the final say. I thought that people said that Jonathan is clueless, why are they so afraid to face him on the field come 2015?
I can now believe what one his aides said, that those who caused/instigate the crisis should find a way to solve it and those people are doing just that. grin grin grin grin
No vacancy in aso rock till 2019.
Fresh Air Continuaaaa

14 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Lordave: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Despite this man's incompetency, he's nothing to lose.

He is one of the biggest mistakes PDP has ever made.

1 Like

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by texaco1: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
This was bound to happen sooner or later.the removal of tukur has always been the number 1 condition given by all aggrieved members before any negotiation could take place
Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Tpave(m): 8:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dancing democrazy by baba FELA.
Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by confusion247(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
Juan_De_Dios: Sorry if I don't sound current, but what grievances have these people listed against Tukur?

Tukur is Loyal to him(Jonathan) and the North has to remove him to achieve their 2015 agenda.
I hope this helps
Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by mcdokwe(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
the People creating a "new Pdp" knows as much that they cannot scratch PDP from joining a new party as no party has yet, the enormous power the party has. The best attack had to be what the did; create distractions like the distractions they are since they no longer had the level of influence they desire in the party. I only wish The President can ignore them as he marches on. They're just like attention seeking kids

5 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Confusionist(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
Wsdm:
By your summation, any politician that is against GEJ are all renegade. It should also be surmise that renegade politicians brought him to power. Where are we heading to in this country with such odious mentality?
u shld learn to ignore the half-baked self acclaimed educationist on NL, or u get dragged on into their abyssmal level!

4 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by olatiler(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2013

If ur clueless Kindergarten Shoeless Fisherman can be begging this ppl u called "renegade" in order for peace to reign and ready to meet most of their demand, I totally conclude that u are brainless just like ur ingrate shoeless brother are Clueless to we Nigerians

12 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by ckkris: 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
Why are these apc people more worried than the FeeDeePee? Its clear to all that PDP is generally accepted as a national political party, in which every Nigerian has equal right to challenge other Nigerians, no matter your religion, social status, majority or minority ethnicity. APC belong to a particular religious group, and to some monopoly tribes. And APC leaders are tribalists and dictators. For these, among other reasons that shall be presented in 2015, Nigerians are generally going to vote massively for President Jonathan and his party.

11 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by wellmax(m): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hmmm PDP
16 > 19
5 > 23 Änd now
6 > 21

3 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by texaco1: 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
olatiler:

If ur clueless Kindergarten Shoeless Fisherman can be begging this ppl u called "renegade" in order for peace to reign and ready to meet most of their demand, I totally conclude that u are brainless just like ur ingrate shoeless brother are Clueless to we Nigerians
and can you tell us where or when you heard or saw gej begging them?just asking .because the way you made ur comment ,you made it sound as if you were standing behind gej when he was begging them

7 Likes

Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided nothing way person no go hear from nairaland..which one be r6
Re: Bamanga Tukur May Be Removed Tomorrow by OdionOdion: 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sour news indeed!,we ve been hearing this since last year and the more the rumour the firmer Tukur holds to the position,Those clamouring for Tukur's removal are indirectly targeting President Jonathan's 2015 ambition.Even if Turkur go,Jonathan will certainly be the one to chose who will replace him,for now GEJ is in Kenya and Turkur's removal will not be plausible,until GEJ decides who will replace him.Atiku and Amaechi still have to wait

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media / South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / Burial Of Another IPOB Member Killed During Rally In Port-Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.