Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Molue Banned From Lagos Island - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Molue Banned From Lagos Island (19795 Views)

PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting / Deji Adeyanju Banned From Seeing Metuh In Prison / Man Treks From Lagos To Abuja To Fulfil The Vow He Made If Buhari Wins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by born2boink(m): 4:31am On Sep 06, 2013
The current BRT has already turn to Molue, I cannot see any different, Government should just seize the Molue and put them on BRT lane, passenger will not see any different if Colour change. Both of them are still 99 standing 44 sitting

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by unmask: 4:36am On Sep 06, 2013
Samoo01: ‘‘The state government said the decision was taken in its determination to ensure adequate monitoring of commuter bus operators as reagrds (sic) compliance with traffic rules and regulations.’’

So Lagos State needs to eradicate the remaining few dozens of 'Molue' that has been facing sustained attrition by Fashola's administration or the ‘‘adequate monitoring’’ of hundreds of thousands of vehicles plying Lagos roads daily will be in jeopardy? You can't make this stuff up.

Granted, ‘‘Molue’’ has become too haggard for this age and its carbon footprint being its Archiles heel, it, however, hasn't outlived its usefulness; the great unwashed still use the ugly Benz to commute themselves due to its affordability and uproariousity.

Why ban it from plying Iyana-Ipaja (the same road that heavy duty trucks ply) if it can ply Agege? And why did the reporter find it superfluous to get reactions from 'Molue' unionists?

I've never entered a 'Molue' before but I've been wondering how no one is upgrading this low budget means of transportation in an increasingly unaffordable Lagos.

The convoluted atmosphere that has become increasingly emblematic of Fashola's administration is the APC echo chamber cocooning.

Just when you think life can't get worse for Lagos proles, Fashola stifles it further with yet another Soviet-esque ukase.

As egregious as the PDP has been for us, Fashola's Lagos is a forlorn harbinger of what Nigerians will go through should APC get the mandate to man Aso-Rock. Alas, there's no alternative to PDP and APC. Nigerians are in for a bumpy ride. Pathetic, really.
one of the essence of effective communication is getting a lot of people to understand what you are saying....

I believe you chose the wrong thread to take a swipe at Fashola and you should have saved your comments for an actual anti-people policy.

The ban on molue is a good thing and should be effected across the state (in my own opinion), cos better options with equally enticing fares are now available to the masses.

And the article said restricted to iyana-ipaja....which in my limited use of the english language I am sure means molue are still allowed to ply that route.

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by KriTic24A: 5:52am On Sep 06, 2013
DJDOLA: I thought molue as been ban before nah...very soon dem go ban people wey no wear fine cloth for lagos road all because of mega city

You make mistake here. I for say very soon dey go ban cars wey no be BMW or S/Class. And if your jeep no be 21st Century model, just LEAVE Lagos grin grin grin
Scurrying for cover...

My advice: assist the people to grow. They will know what is goo for them, not to dictate to them...
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by KriTic24A: 5:57am On Sep 06, 2013
Exponental: Empowering BRT/Lagbus.........
But I thought they said that wat is good for d goose is good for d gander

Can someone tell us why Trains no longer pick passengers at Oshodi B/Stop
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by KriTic24A: 6:03am On Sep 06, 2013
Samoo01: ‘‘The state government said the decision was taken in its determination to ensure adequate monitoring of commuter bus operators as reagrds (sic) compliance with traffic rules and regulations.’’

So Lagos State needs to eradicate the remaining few dozens of 'Molue' that has been facing sustained attrition by Fashola's administration or the ‘‘adequate monitoring’’ of hundreds of thousands of vehicles plying Lagos roads daily will be in jeopardy? You can't make this stuff up.

Granted, ‘‘Molue’’ has become too haggard for this age and its carbon footprint being its Archiles heel, it, however, hasn't outlived its usefulness; the great unwashed still use the ugly Benz to commute themselves due to its affordability and uproariousity.

Why ban it from plying Iyana-Ipaja (the same road that heavy duty trucks ply) if it can ply Agege? And why did the reporter find it superfluous to get reactions from 'Molue' unionists?

I've never entered a 'Molue' before but I've been wondering how no one is upgrading this low budget means of transportation in an increasingly unaffordable Lagos.

The convoluted atmosphere that has become increasingly emblematic of Fashola's administration is the APC echo chamber cocooning.

Just when you think life can't get worse for Lagos proles, Fashola stifles it further with yet another Soviet-esque ukase.

As egregious as the PDP has been for us, Fashola's Lagos is a forlorn harbinger of what Nigerians will go through should APC get the mandate to man Aso-Rock. Alas, there's no alternative to PDP and APC. Nigerians are in for a bumpy ride. Pathetic, really.

Pay heavy taxes all over. Yet no service...
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by habbyy03: 6:26am On Sep 06, 2013
Horlazuncanmi: End time things
na so my bro
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Delafruita(m): 6:27am On Sep 06, 2013
Samoo01:

Typical Fashola lackey: When challenged, throw ad hominem attacks.
i didn't see a challenge so I wonder why you choose to term someone a lackey for stating the reality.the. Reality is there are very few molues currently in lagos because most people have chosen to go along with the BRT which is more covenient and equally affordable.there Is hardly any route where the molue is cheaper that BRT.so what difference does it make if the haphazard looking molues are eradicated?the drivers can be absorbed into the BRT sceheme besides the molues haven't even been eradicated.just restricted to certain areas
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by naptu2: 6:44am On Sep 06, 2013
It seems that many people do not know that the molue drivers (through NURTW) own one of the BRT franchises "Lagos NURTW First BRT" and that molue drivers (who've been retrained at the Drivers Institute) also drive BRT buses.

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by badesco(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2013
A welcome development because the Molue itself is nothing but a moving coffin waiting to be buried.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Crown128(m): 6:52am On Sep 06, 2013
ROSYL: hahahaha Fashola really wanna separate men(island men) from boys(mainland men).
Correct!
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Neyoh90(m): 7:36am On Sep 06, 2013
[b][/b]
Paulfish: Just passing by
Mtcheew Gibberish.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by mapet: 7:50am On Sep 06, 2013
@ Samoo01,

First of you prior submission laced with vocabs (albeit jargons) did not communicate anything......well most of the posters here have told you same. I think it is discorteous and downright low of you to attack @Mobuch on his supposed "emotional weakness". There is nobody that is perfect and even captains of industries are refered to couselling sessions and does not make them less a man. Besides I find no nexus between his comment refered to and interpretation on comprehension now......granted he insulted you, you could give him back, but a below the belt is not manly.

That said, you earlier posts simply gave you away as someone who;

1. Does not live in Lagos
2. Is at loss with reality
3. Little wisdom (else you don't jump to make ascertions on something you know little or nothing about)
Samoo01:

This coming from the same person who created this thread: www.nairaland.com/1403003/need-advise-how-sleep-lady.

Indeed, Nigeria's problems are more about the average Joes than they are about its insatiable corruptocrats.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by mapet: 8:06am On Sep 06, 2013
Well in some cases like his, we get to see the limits where scholastic pursuit and a clear difference from being educated; nutshell, some people go to school and end up "educated Illiterates
Delafruita: i didn't see a challenge so I wonder why you choose to term someone a lackey for stating the reality.the. Reality is there are very few molues currently in lagos because most people have chosen to go along with the BRT which is more covenient and equally affordable.there Is hardly any route where the molue is cheaper that BRT.so what difference does it make if the haphazard looking molues are eradicated?the drivers can be absorbed into the BRT sceheme besides the molues haven't even been eradicated.just restricted to certain areas
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 06, 2013
mapet: Well in some cases like his, we get to see the limits where scholastic pursuit and a clear difference from being educated; nutshell, some people go to school and end up "educated Illiterates

Or EDUCATED IMBECIILES
If u may want to rephrase it. cool
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by mspinkpepper: 8:27am On Sep 06, 2013
mitwitdot: Signs of good Governance..BRF ride on
Abeeeeeeegi...all because of mega city? He banned okada-how does he xpect those people to feed?. Now he is banning molue, if those ones carry gun now to feed themselves, he wud start ranting. Oga Fashola, we know u want to turn Lagos to a mega city but take it easy. Why should molue ply orile,iyana ipaja nd not lekki, VI nd Lagos island....further enlargin d boundaries between d rich nd d poor.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by MrWorldwide2(m): 8:48am On Sep 06, 2013
After banning Okadas, Increasing LASU sch fees, making some people irrationally homeless and hungry, deporting of Igbos & a whole lot of some disturbance of d masses in what is left of dem, now he has banned Molue.
Ok nw, me I knw he wld soon ban those dnt hv cars in these areas to move out.
I wish he did all diz in his 1st term, he wldnt even hv stood a chance 4 a 2nd term. Bt all d same, he is jst making @ as difficult 4 his bleeped up party 2 succeed in d nxt election. Am sure d masses who gave his party their lives back den wld nt dare to try it again, coz nw dey hv learnt dt "not all dt glitters is gold".
I rest ma MOLUE case!
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 06, 2013

Sorry guys i just had to quote the whole post!

Nairalanders please note that the OP is :

Special Assistant to Patrick Obahiagbon on Grammatical Matters and Instruction!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Godson201333(m): 8:51am On Sep 06, 2013
Ride on...Baba Fashola..
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by DICKtator: 8:52am On Sep 06, 2013

Read the news again Mr Patrick Obahiagbon. Molue wasn't banned in Iyana Ipaja!!!!.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Kx: 9:02am On Sep 06, 2013
Samoo01:
The convoluted atmosphere that has become increasingly emblematic of Fashola's administration is the APC echo chamber cocooning. Just when you think life can't get worse for Lagos proles, Fashola stifles it further with yet another Soviet-esque ukase. As egregious as the PDP has been for us, Fashola's Lagos is a forlorn harbinger of what Nigerians will go through should APC get the mandate to man Aso-Rock.

Yes we can.
All thanks to Patrick Obaigbon for sowing this seed.
Long live Higi Haga
Long Live lugubriuos
Long live crinkum crankum
Long live ologomabia
Long live saga cum gaga cuam gagar
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Esiere: 9:03am On Sep 06, 2013
They need to be more specific..are the brt buses that have been turned to Molue included? Seriously speaking some brt buses are no different from proper molue. Some need to be discarded or sold off.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by mbhs139(m): 9:48am On Sep 06, 2013
Delafruita: i didn't see a challenge so I wonder why you choose to term someone a lackey for stating the reality.the. Reality is there are very few molues currently in lagos because most people have chosen to go along with the BRT which is more covenient and equally affordable.there Is hardly any route where the molue is cheaper that BRT.so what difference does it make if the haphazard looking molues are eradicated?the drivers can be absorbed into the BRT sceheme besides the molues haven't even been eradicated.just restricted to certain areas

I can't even remember the last time I saw a molue, as in a typical molue, on Lagos road talkless of boarding one. Another interesting angle to this whole thing is that I wonder when was the last time any of the people castigating the Governor has taken molue, even if they had ever done so before.

By the way, I think it was also in the news that the Government had an agreement with the bus owners, during the introduction of the BRT scheme, that there is going to be a phase withdrawal of Molue on Lagos roads, which is what they they have now started.

And for those clamouring for molue drivers, I don't think they can be out of job, because the restriction (not ban) was not abruptly announced or passed to them, it was a systematic implementation. They most, I mean the wise one among them, have taken the right steps in that regard. Mind you, more LagBus are being added every now and then and it is these drivers that are engaged to drive them

Finally, this takes me to the way and manner news are being reported in this country lately, particularly when it concerns Lagos and Fashola. First, it was 'deportation' when actually it was 'repatriation' or 'uniting them with their family'. Now it is 'banned' when actually it is restriction to certain areas of the state.

In conclusion, Lagos has always been in the news as if Lagos is the only State in Nigeria. It simply shows that somebody somewhere in Lagos is actually doing is job.

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by gratiaeo(m): 10:18am On Sep 06, 2013
MOLUE TINZ

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by eio2013: 10:20am On Sep 06, 2013
He is related to HITLER.
What would we call the rickety LAGBUS & BRT?

Lordave: Fashola is really bent on making Lagos unbearable for the poor.

I wonder if this man has a blood tie with Hitler. angry
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by shagaman: 11:42am On Sep 06, 2013
Banning of Molue is a very good policy however Lagos state also has to ban the Molue they call BRT ,Nigeria with lack of maintenance culture
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by playboy04: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] undecided Imagine, is this not self madness? You pack okada finish na molue be the next agender.. Man think twice before taking furious decisions now. It just unfair!!
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by omonnakoda: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Another ANTI-IBO POLICY!!
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by ravgach: 4:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Many of those molues of old are far better than many of the brt that they are pushing down our throats today. The government should made it impossible for people to patronize molue buses by ensuring that the brt buses are decent, air-conditioned, fast and extremely affordable. This is possible because they have mapped out routes that are not affected by traffic and they are a monolopy.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
omonnakoda: Another ANTI-IBO POLICY!!
Dz start illiterate,,,ordinary Igbo u can't spell...well kayode syndrome'''
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by BERNIMOORE: 7:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
After the damage is already done!
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by sixpee(m): 10:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You aren't thinking straight, you must know how bad transport and transport cost will fare without danfos.

Ur kidding right? Or u meant the reverse
Cms-Ajah by danfo =250/300
Cms-Ajah by Lagbus=150

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Angry Abia Traders Boo Gov Orji Over Poll Result / Tinubu: 'Saraki, Tambuwal Left APC For Fear Of Buhari' / Become Our Consultant, PDP Mocks APC Over ‘close Shop’ Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.