Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:51 AM

Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' (42039 Views)

Harvard University Bans Relationships Between Students And Professors / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Madonna University Bans Camera Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by tomzman: 9:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
Covenant university is more of an advanced secondary school. I pity their students sha! undecided
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nuzo1(m): 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
ahonzi:

REALLY?? shocked

REALLY?? Ain't this just SO LAME? Seriously this point has to be joke, someone pls tell me this is one huge joke.

Did you just quote me twice only to ask if my points were jokes? Or did you just mean the Chinese example?

Whichever way, try to counter it with your own points...before you become the joke.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Oloyeagba: 11:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
End time things..in the right way tho...
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by LadyJul(f): 8:10am On Sep 08, 2013
Lolzzz... Is dis a joke or wat? Why would any university ban make ups,even if mini skirts or short gowns were bannd den i will undastand, but wats wrong wit applying of make ups or even wearing high heels,when i saw d rules of c.u i pitied the students there, just imagine, most of dem there ar 18yrs and above and yet they been treated like babies. Anyway sha nobody was forced there, xo if u dnt like d skul den dnt buy their form but i wouldnt advise anybody to attend dat skul except if d person is 14yrs and below. As for dos students in d uni complaining pls dnt complain bcus nobody forced u there or just switch to a govt uni to live like a mature adult.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Sike(m): 10:55am On Sep 08, 2013
olaric: Instead of criticising Covenant University and its code of conduct all the time, will it not be easier to advice students to move to other schools if they don't like the school? After all there are over 60 universities in Nigeria!
THE END!
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 08, 2013
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by oluwanoni: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
simple its not by force to attend CU, others schools dey na, una just dey make them more popular by the day
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Jenomtwist(m): 7:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
wtn consine dis 1 wit end tym all u end tym prophets
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by suzzyy(f): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Nuzo':
Best news to come out of Black Africa in years!

This will reduce the number of masqurades in the street.

At least one gets to know what his partner really looks like before asking her out. shocked
. Says who? What has dressing got to do with knowing a guy b4 asking her out? Mtchewwwwwwwwwww LP
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by DARREG(m): 10:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Oyedepo is brilliant, both as a preacher and businessman.
The whole thing about ultra-conservative dress-code is about marketing; it makes good business sense, however hogwash, banal, trifling and hypocritical. It's a make-believe gambit, and gullible, money-miss-road parents are falling over it and over themselves to have their wards admitted into Oyedepo's university. My analysis is that the school is simply trying to project an image of seriousness and discipline. It's a PR thing. How else may Nigerian parents, who permanently see their children as kids even at 40, be bought over without selling the card of seriousness and discipline as the values a school represent?
Look well, though, it's all a veneer, and one seductive to parents, just as much as shielding off, as it were, all of CU's inadequacies from prying eyes. Make no mistake, many foolish parents will conclude CU to be the best just on the strength and myth of the dress-code idea.
The problem, however, is: Oyedepo is running his university like a secondary school and not a university...
CU is being run like an ideal secondary school!!!!
HOWEVER, OPENNESS, UNIVERSALISM, FREEDOM, BOTH ACADEMIC AND OTHERWISE, LIBERALISM, AUTHENTICITY, IDEALISM, ALL OF WHICH COMBINE TO KILL AND BURY CONSERVATISM, FORM THE DRIVING PRINCIPLES OF A UNIVERSITY WORTH THE NAME.
A true university does not set borders or limits on investigation or on the the human potential for authentic, kaleidoscopic being-hood.
For a university worth the name, anything and everything, in so far as it represents an idea is welcomed in an open atmosphere of constant debate. In a university, reason alone, not religion, not just the Bible or Koran or Bhagavad Gita, constitute the final arbiter.
The successes of the University as a human institution, as the harbinger of science, philosophy and art owe its being to pure reliance on man's highest faculty, REASON.
No-go areas don't exist for a university worth the name. Even God as a concept and possible being is not beyond query or bold interrogation in a university worth the name. Only open societies and institutions remain the hope of humanity for advancement, scientific and cultural breakthroughs, because conservationism stifles man's imagination and creative potential.
A TRUE UNIVERSITY DOES EVERYTHING IN THE NAME AND SPIRIT OF LIBERALISM, WARTS AND ALL!!!!
Hope somebody reading me understands.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by UyiIredia(m): 11:56am On Sep 30, 2013
Went there recently, babes still use make-up, but I didn't see high heels.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Chosen4ever: 2:41am On Oct 19, 2013
[size=14pt]The great miracle crusade(ONLY GOD CAN DO THIS) holds this weekend, 19th & 20th October 2013, at the Lord's Chosen International HQ church, Ijesha (Ijesha B/stop) tHE G.O. will be ministering in the power of the Holy Ghost. Be there!![/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9o3E2-V04U

The two-day great international miracle crusade starts today - 8.00am daily
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 19, 2013
This is interesting.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by skijo4life(m): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Mm

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don Davis' Mum: If Anything Happens To My Children, I'll Hold Kumuyi Responsible / Students Block Airport Road In Lagos To Protest Ongoing ASUU Strike (video) / Gp Calculation,carry Over Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.