Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' (41711 Views)

Harvard University Bans Relationships Between Students And Professors / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Madonna University Bans Camera Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
confusion247:
So university is now a fashion parade ground? What's the most important thing here, how you look or your certificate? Are you there to learn or showcase your body?

So wearing high heels and make up means showcasing your body
Why is oyedepos wife showcasing her body
These are single young girls but a married woman,the mommy of the flock is showcasing her body
Why should these girls,adults for that matter who are paying through their noses to fund the Oyedepo empire be held to a standard Mrs Oyedepo,her daughters and daughters in law plus church members are not held
Is that right in our eyes?
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Godson201333(m): 11:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dannyxy: The student should jst go on strike....

what is the website of NSCDC? @My Oga at the top grin grin grin grin
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by UyiIredia(m): 11:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
If I hear. I happen to be a CU student deferring resumption for the second time due to some financial knots. I never took all their rules seriously, the pairing rule was bad enough but I wasn't a skirt-chaser so I ignored it, the p*rn was harsh but I did agree to that p*rn was bad so I figured that as much as I agreed with it I'll code. The exeat rule I found most annoying. For Christ's sake you are dealing with late teens and young adults who need not be looked on like kids. I could go on about my experiences there which aren't yet over despite my leave. This one should do.

The former VC's son was a friend and in my dept, EIE. I was cool with him moreso since he wasn't too much of the 'SU type'. I did know of the privileges he got or not . . . and I did know he had p*rn. A roomate of his told me he was caught by Mario (CU students know the dude) with over 4GB of the sh*t and nothing happen. When I was repeating 300-lvl a mate of mine was caught with it andwas expelled. Then you have the case of a lecturer who disciplined students for many of the rules including pairing and impregnated 2 girls, if not more. SMH. One would think they would learn from their mistakes and that of the Purists, whose rules they can by no means beat . . . and yet this. I just dey talk for the sake of CU students now there. Do it like those b4 u, aManFromMars should know grin. Take it in your stride. Follow it, or damn it and dance to the music, you might be lucky to get away with it, or do what most tend to do, bend the rule ni.

I just dey laff grin
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
No be by force to attend the School.. Oyedepo's wife is a grown up .. You have no idea who these innocent girls attract with all these accessories.. Moderation is the key.

I sign a code of conduct every school year even in elementary school , if you can't deal , they can withdraw ASAP.

It's only in nigeria I hear people contest rules.

Na waya!!
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
This is Oyedepos's daughter on her wedding day

Na wa for double standards

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
jidegirl12: No be by force to attend the School.. Oyedepo's wife is a grown up .. You have no idea who these innocent girls attract with all these accessories.. Moderation is the key.

I sign a code of conduct every school year even in elementary school , if you can't deal , they can withdraw ASAP.

It's only in nigeria I hear people contest rules.

Excuse you !!
you are comparing elementary school kids with undergraduates
Wonders
Make up is bad but the Oyedepo clan can wear them
How hypocritical
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by UyiIredia(m): 11:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
P.Stacks:
Seriously I know a girl who has no confidence in herself whatsoever without her make-up. She's always hiding behind her make ups.

But this thread has tripped me so much I don't even know what to comment about convenant university..

A Religious Body affiliate that's strictly for Profit Maximization. Oh my god I can't laff cheesy grin

Kai, av never heard this kind of thing before,

If it were that it was a missionary school that being running sole on values and norms it would have been a different thing, but its an institution for the money and u want to tell me what not on my money! Gaskiya its not possible.

What! People above age 18, this are the kind of Human rights issues America needs to wade into, not Gay rights in Russia.

These whole thing just supports my theory about Religion.

All sort of motives are hidden behind religion.

@ bolded: Gbam. Wetin com dey vex na how Papa dey boast. Unfogettables: 'There are only 2 universities in Africa: Covenat university and all others.' This guy boasts about how they don't need our money, supposedly God tithing church members, profits from their the school, butteries and other businesses etc and yet they increase the fees, 2ce since I joined. Your last statement is much true.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by qlp007(m): 11:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
LMFAO! This must be the work of Ada Sonia ;DLMFAO! ;DLMFAO ;DLMFAO
Still wondering how I finished from that school sef?! But the guys are lucky, those girls can stop lying and the poor boys will see the real wowo things behind all that pancake. Not being in the system might not make you realise the extent to which those girls have taken make-up. But who sigh all of them sef?! I don collect my own degree commot!
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by UyiIredia(m): 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
davidque007: Why are christian(questionable one's I believe) so quick to use abusive words at other christian, as if they know it better? I wonder. For all(including CU students) who are complaining, pls remember that its a CHRISTIAN university not a conventional school, also u can try going to an islamic university and talk about being an adult and human right et al, pls give us feed back once u graduate fron there. I agree with the laws at CU......selah

The word Christian doesn't justify nothing. We know the words, 'God', 'Christian', 'Holy Spirit' and any sufficiently sanctimonious gibberish has been used to justify absurdities over time. Maybe you should support child marriage since according to some it is supported by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
I mentioned elementary just to make reference to Rules.

There's code of conduct in every institution esp Private ones... Oyedepo's Daughter didn't marry while in school did she? They can do whatever off campus.. This is CU rule and they must adhere to. No be by force.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by UyiIredia(m): 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
qlp007: LMFAO! This must be the work of Ada Sonia ;DLMFAO! ;DLMFAO ;DLMFAO
Still wondering how I finished from that school sef?! But the guys are lucky, those girls can stop lying and the poor boys will see the real wowo things behind all that pancake. Not being in the system might not make you realise the extent to which those girls have taken make-up. But who sigh all of them sef?! I don collect my own degree commot!

*sighs*
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by UyiIredia(m): 11:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
qlp007: LMFAO! This must be the work of Ada Sonia ;DLMFAO! ;DLMFAO ;DLMFAO

*sighs* Good for you.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
emusmith: Do u know that you didn't think before saying that. That's pure ignorance in action. Which uni did u attend? Oh, she's even a gal! Ew!! Gudnyt!
And in your little mind, you said something sensible? Dude, have a seat.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by UyiIredia(m): 11:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
jidegirl12: I mentioned elementary just to make reference to Rules.

There's code of conduct in every institution esp Private ones... Oyedepo's Daughter didn't marry while in school did she? They can do whatever off campus.. This is CU rule and they must adhere to. No be by force.

I suppose this applies to students and not female lecturers. So they'll ban eyeshadows, lipsticks abd nipick over the grey areas which are sure to crop up. In any case, suppose you are in CU, you know that the phone rule, for example, is broken on a steady. I expect the same of this rule. One possibility is they'll wear makeup around the hostels and cafe areas.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by qlp007(m): 11:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
jidegirl12:

I tire oh .. Tell them.

Infact I would send my kids if they wear uniforms. The immorality rate in Naija Tertiary institution students is quite alarming and discouraging for parents who desire to send their kids to a decent Uni at home...

There are parents who actually are praying for this to happen sooner than later so it's long overdue... Good job Chancellor.

Yeah this was what my father thought too!
Don't dull!!! In a random sample of 100 students there, only 2 out of the sample population has truly adhered to the rules, 73 individuals have just learnt how to become better liars, pretenders and hypocrites and the remaining 25 are those who just can't help it and will probably be expelled before the end of their stay in the school.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by UyiIredia(m): 11:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
adconline: Instead of producing top notch thinkers and innovators, they resort to producing religious zealots. No wonder they can NEVER compete against their counterparts globally.

A fallacy of composition. Whereby you deem the students zealots given that of the school's administration which is not the case. While they do have the astutely religious ones, who deeply respect Papa they do have their thinkers, liberals and . . . erm . . . possibly skeptics.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 07, 2013
qlp007:

Yeah this was what my father thought too!
Don't dull!!! In a random sample of 100 students there, only 2 out of the sample population has truly adhered to the rules, 73 individuals have just learnt how to become better liars, pretenders and hypocrites and the remaining 25 are those who just can't help it and will probably be expelled before the end of their stay in the school.

I'm not dulling grin

I like your analysis.. that's the point, people will always break the rules , be hypocritical, condescending , and better liars in their homes anyways .. CU's goal is to Encourage a Decent face value, CU will not change anybody's attitude and imbibe Hometraining , they ain't y'all parents .. They want to reduce rubbish ( camels feet or wtf is it called drives me crazy on its own) on their campus that's all. Get it?
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I suppose this applies to students and not female lecturers. So they'll ban eyeshadows, lipsticks abd nipick over the grey areas which are sure to crop up. In any case, suppose you are in CU, you know that the phone rule, for example, is broken on a steady. I expect the same of this rule. One possibility is they'll wear makeup around the hostels and cafe areas.

Ofcourse it's strictly for students I guess?

Y'all can break the rules in your hostels , cafes and whatnot.. You get caught you're in deep soup. grin

I like it.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by UyiIredia(m): 12:08am On Sep 07, 2013
Acidosis: wow...

Wait a minute !

Acidosis: A good school for men to get good wives..

Tell me you didn't say that.

Acidosis: I spent 5years in a public school with mermaids, masquerades, mad people, vampires,& dragons... ALL in the name of Fashion..

Sure. I did 'see things', even my father grin, whilst tring to enter LAG but they had their decent ones too. They really did. I have a sister, I know how she is, from what I see and she tells, at school and she has stuck to her training. Public schools have good eggs as well.

Acidosis: The level of immorality in a single public institution in Nigeria is higher than what we can see when you combine the entire brothel in the world...

Covenant has enough. Enough dudes get disvirgined in that place. Shoot my roomates tried to convince me into PMS but I refused. If you think that school equals good behaviour, or ABSOLUTELY guarantees it, you are mistaken. You are also mistaken if you [yes I know you didn't claim it] think they are all butties. Hard nigg*z are they, few though.

Acidosis: Immorality is soo high abeg..

It's simply coded there. But you are correct in the sense that, compared to others, it's relatively decent. But then, so is UNILORIN.

Acidosis: Of campus...lol

Okay.

Acidosis: Nigerians now use that word "off campus" as though its a good thing.. (biggest boy thingy grin wey dey suffer in disguise).. grin Off campus only to commit immorality every single night.. grin

Yeah !

Acidosis: Abeg make I born, make I send my pikin go Covenant jare...

I dey laff. No shock if im spoil for dia.

Acidosis: I'll never allow my children pass through the stinking immorality in the public schools.. never..

They go still see am for CU. Geez. What have I not seen, from gbana, to codeine, to condom etc. At least, they got no cults, very rare, if at all tbh. But for sex, drugs and booze, dey got it. To be candid I'll pick a fundamentalist from a public uni over a CU student because that one who had the fortitude to withstand the public academia more presumably has more fortitude, for apparent reasons.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 07, 2013
Billyonaire: Its a welcomed development, they should focus on their studies, they have a lifetime to use make-up and heels after education.

Thank you jare.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by qlp007(m): 12:57am On Sep 07, 2013
jydogirl12:

I'm not dulling grin

I like your analysis.. that's the point, people will always break the rules , be hypocritical, condescending , and better liars in their homes anyways .. CU's goal is to Encourage a Decent face value, CU will not change anybody's attitude and imbibe Hometraining , they ain't y'all parents .. They want to reduce rubbish ( camels feet or wtf is it called drives me crazy on its own) on their campus that's all. Get it?

This might be long! Read at your own risk to being bored!

The Statement: "CU's goal is to encourage a decent face value"
I beg to differ on that.
This is why;
The mission (as you can check on the school website) which I think is as good as its goal is to create knowledge and restore the dignity of the black man..........
Now dignity is something that can't be faked, you will loosen up and be exposed at one time or the other. This infers that they hope to imbibe the stipulated core values in all students who go through its system and not just to give their outputs the "face value" (as you put it)
Now this is my submission, in trying to make an output that is of wholesome human qualities, they end up making ones who are even worse off than the average human and they seem not to know it as the system allows itself to be cheated by its own subjects in perfect disguise.
Let me put it like this, you don't want black snakes to crawl out of a garden instead you want white. Now you hope to achieve this by scraping off the skins till you have the colour white yet you leave a stream of white paint running across your garden. In the end, since snakes are really slippery, dangerous and all that, you end up just being able to attend to three outta hundred, kill 25 for being not too clever to just run into the stream of white paint and clear your required standard. In the end, the extra 72 that you cleared will just easily rinse off the white paint when the rains come and go back to their normal selves.
You never really wanted to just have white painted snakes(face value) but you really needed truly white snakes which was the real goal.
Point of the whole epistle is that, the system is crap and students will always beat it and be even worse than they were in the beginning.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by iHustle(m): 1:46am On Sep 07, 2013
Nuzo':
Best news to come out of Black Africa in years!

This will reduce the number of mmasqurades in the street.

At least one gets to know what his partner really looks like before asking her out. shocked

May God bless your ancestors and descendants. Indeed, many women these days are masquerades. Paint and pads everywhere!
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by DonaldGenes(m): 2:14am On Sep 07, 2013
ɧєɧє
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 2:22am On Sep 07, 2013
they should also ban bleaching products wink
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by hammedkola(m): 2:22am On Sep 07, 2013
If you are complaining of CU, come to UNIMAID, "under bomb explosion(s) and gun shots ringtone(s)", you 'll know you have to be greatful.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by cutestme(f): 3:28am On Sep 07, 2013
And they call it a university? Mstcheeeew.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Mosb(m): 3:29am On Sep 07, 2013
By banin make up i dont fink deh mean totally does dat mean jux normal brown powder wont be accepted[color=#770077][/color] smiley
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by isaiahethan: 3:36am On Sep 07, 2013
olaric: Instead of criticising Covenant University and its code of conduct all the time, will it not be easier to advice students to move to other schools if they don't like the school? After all there are over 60 universities in Nigeria!

Your right but ASUU strike never affect them
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 07, 2013
DARREG: DISCLAIMER: Am not even sure if this post should be in Education or Religion section, so please pardon me

Covenant University are in the news again, only that this time its not about expelling any student unjustly but they stopping their female students from looking very beautiful and attractive.

According to students of the school and the new Student Handbook(2013-2017 edition), the new management of the university has outlawed the use of "makeup" and "high heels" in the school. I wonder what is wrong with a university student looking
beautiful with makeup.

Anyways some of the students took to twitter to state thier dissatisfaction about outlawing make up and high heels in the school. below are some of thier tweets you can go on twitter and search for Covenant university or CU for more tweets, it was even trending yesterday on twitter

SOME OF THE TWEETS
Ketandu KK Ezeji ‏@OfficialKK_ 19h
Covenant University Stay Acting Like Dressing Equals Salvation. You Can't Come Into My Heaven If Your Shoes Are Red.
Retweeted 21 times

PRO/Creativist ‏@TheRealVyne 19h
- Who goes to heaven for wearing black shoes or no makeup? Lol. Please explain to me. I'll wait. @JacobsIdowu4 @estiville
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite

- Sleep & Wake up CU students, it's only a dream.... Or not )-:
Expand

- One day they'll riot..... One day..... Never actually )-: #CuPains
Expand Reply Retweet Fav

Its Marvin; Biatch! ‏@duke_of_kellogs 18h
Lmao! *Dies* "@Tolu_Moula: :"( RT @KjSunmon: Lol. Covenant university 2014 Endurance set"

The Eccentric Imp. ‏@Cyntheeya 19h
Covenant University is not a University. More like a reform center for "bad children".

- ......They should for ONCE conduct a DEPRESSION test.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Ketandu KK Ezeji ‏@OfficialKK_ 19h
Covenant University Gets It Wrong A Lot of The Time I'm Not Sorry To Say. Plus Ouch Some Invisible Lightening Just Struck Me.
Expand Reply Retweet

- Cu is losing focus. Christianity isn't an issue of appearance. God hasn't stopped looking at HEARTS.
Expand Reply Retw

Moby V ‏@bookjunk1e 19h
Covenant University will break you. Take every single shred of endurance you have and deliberately shoot it to hell.

Tösïn Örìölá ‏@kid_sauce 19h
Link to the handbook y'all http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/Media/Banner-Assemblies/Homepage/Notifications/Student-Handbook-2013-2017

Ogunleye Olawale ‏@itz_waley 30 Aug
Watching T.V Doesn't Interest Me That Much Again.......Thank You Covenant University

- How can you devote the existence of a university into making lives miserable under a stiff academic calendar? DON'T YOU WANT TO LIVE LONG?
Expand

Arike ade ‏@MissLamide 30 Jul
A boyfriend nko? "@Temmii_xx: “I Never Had A GirlFriend” – Best Graduating Student In Covenant University http:///1ckaGQ5 "

_Princess_jasmine ‏@Saucejasmine 15h
I guess the "empty barrel makes the loudest noise"#amsowietothoseitmayconcern"@MsNarah: No sch tweets about thier sch the way CU students!

source:
http:///oDUTDlgv0M

link:
http://www.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/Media/Banner-Assemblies/Homepage/Notifications/Student-Handbook-2013-2017

Isn't this a private institution of learning?

If so then they can make the rules as they see fit.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by nice4life: 3:52am On Sep 07, 2013
Na wa o, what has makeup and high heels got to do with being upright?Abeg the school authorities should focus on more important issue instead of introducing guidelines that will end up breeding hypocrites.
Re: Covenant University Bans 'Make-Up' And 'Heels' by juanmata10(m): 4:59am On Sep 07, 2013
E ba mi shi awon omo wole AWON omo convenant, AWON north america uni gan o ni pe land... grin
that skul na dey Surprise mi tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Kaduna Teacher's Reasons On Why They Failed The Primary Four Test / The Signing Out Pose That's Making Waves / Pix: Who Is To Be Punished?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.