Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,820 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2571968 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
babawere:
Went for a written test @ Jacobs Model School today, was questioned on Maths and English 4 2hours. The Maths was 35 questions, which I tried 2 d best of my ability,but the English was much easier with 35 questions too. Worried about d maths though, but was told by the headmaster that my answers would be marked, and he ll keep in touch' hoping it turns out good. God bless d movers of ds thread.

Hopefully it would turn out great!
Awesome feedback bro
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MrAmerica(m): 9:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
jydorchem:
Urgent vacancy for a Physics and Chemistry teacher in a private secondary school in Wakajaye area,Ibadan.
I'm presently taking those subjects,but I'd b leaving in the next 1 week(2 @most).Any interested person shld mail me: niyi4med@yahoo.com.
N.B: I'm nt under any obligatn 2 advertise d vacancy 4 d sch,jst doing dz on my own.Then d applicant shld also prepare 4 a micro teachn.
God bless.
Submitted bro, pls help a fellow bro and may God make ur new destination greener.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kachnov(m): 11:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
If you are a good instructor,see my signature.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 01, 2016
PLS Golden dr, i need a school around yaba/ilupeju areas were i can teach. i can teach core science subjects and possess 3years experience. God bless!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 6:09am On Mar 01, 2016
The International School of Prophecy and Biblical Studies (often called ISPBS) is an interdenominational institution owned by Throneroom Trust Ministry, Kafanchan. It is located in the city of Kafanchan, Kaduna State, Nigeria. The Institution is committed to sound theological knowledge and spirituality. It is an upcoming theological Institution which trains people into the ministry and contributes to sustainable development in the nations in this end time. It has had graduates from Cameroon, Niger Republic, Zambia, Scotland and within Nigeria.

Academic Staff
Job TypeFull Time
QualificationMBA/MSc/MA   PhD/Fellowship  
Experience 3 years
Location Kaduna
Job Field Education / Teaching  

Requirements

Applicant must be born again.
He or she can be from any denominational affiliation.
Anyone with Pentecostal affiliation has higher advantage.
Applicant should have a PhD or MA from a recognizable University or accredited theological seminary.
He or she must have a minimum of three years’ working experience in a university or any theological seminary.
Areas of Specialization

Biblical Studies (Old Testament).
Biblical Studies (New Testament).
Theological Studies.
Christian Religious Studies.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their applications to:
Director, ISPBS (Throneroom Trust Ministry),
P. O. Box 266, Kafanchan,
Kaduna State, Nigeria.
Or
Send your application and CV's to intschoolofprophecybs@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 6:56am On Mar 01, 2016
an International Secondary School in Lekki - Ajah, Lagos, is recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: Mathematics Teacher

Qualification

University Degree, with a minimum of 2.2 grade.

Application Closing Date
11th March, 2016.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: info@businessarchitectsltd.com

Note: If you don't have the minimum qualification, please don't send your CV.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 6:59am On Mar 01, 2016
an International Secondary School in Lekki - Ajah, Lagos, is recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: English Teacher

Qualification

Application Closing Date
11th March, 2016.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: info@businessarchitectsltd.com

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:02am On Mar 01, 2016
-an International Secondary School in Lekki - Ajah, Lagos, is recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: Accountant

Qualification

Application Closing Date
11th March, 2016.

Method of Application

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:04am On Mar 01, 2016
Our client, an International Secondary School in Lekki - Ajah, Lagos, is recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: School Administrator

Qualification

Application Closing Date
11th March, 2016.

Method of Application

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 7:28am On Mar 01, 2016
a Nursery/Primary and Secondary School in the Lekki area of Lagos State, is recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Teacher (Yoruba)

Requirement

Candidate should possess a Degree in Education and at least 3 years teaching experience.

Application Closing Date
11th March, 2016.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV's to: greatertutor@yahoo.com
Or
Send a handwritten application letter, 2 passport photographs, CV and photocopies of credentials to:
The Consultant,
PID Ventures,
Shop B 149,
Ikota Shopping Complex,
Ajah - Lagos State.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adexy4us(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2016
Weldone guys for the wonderful job u are doing....
To be candid I have been invited for more than 15 interviews both in schools & other firm due to d course of following this thread. To Gods glory I av secured two different job with relatively good pay both school hours & after sch lesson at Ajah.

My wed & Fri is still free & am willing to be occupied this days too. More than 4yrs experience in teaching. mastering of IGCSE & British curriculum.

Below are subjects of proficiency

* Mathematics
* F/ mathematics.
* Physics
* Common Entrance Prep class
* Toefre, sat , GRE e.t.c.

Once again many thanks to u guys

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by UmmJameelah: 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2016
Urgent vacancy for a Physics, biology ,agric and Chemistry teacher in a private secondary school in owode ijako sango otta. Interested and qualified teachers should send cv to ajoseaminat@yahoo.com or call 08037149241 for more details

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oshpumpin: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
if u live around Ikorodu and can teach physics and biology competently call me on 08036473893
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 11:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Adexy4us:
To be candid I have been invited for more than 15 interviews both in schools & other firm due to d course of following this thread. To Gods glory I av secured two different job with relatively good pay both school hours & after sch lesson at Ajah.

My wed & Fri is still free & am willing to be occupied this days too. More than 4yrs experience in teaching. mastering of IGCSE & British curriculum.

* Mathematics
* F/ mathematics.
* Physics

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 11:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
Adexy4us:

* Mathematics
* F/ mathematics.
* Physics

Are you not the dude that miss a job because you are a jehovah withness.....
Wishing you all the very best.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adexy4us(m): 4:22am On Mar 02, 2016
Funpeter:
Are you not the dude that miss a job because you are a jehovah withness.....
Wishing you all the very best.

Oh really! I wasn't d one. what happened that made d guy lose d job.. just being a witness? wat kind of sch/firm is that
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 7:26am On Mar 02, 2016
Adexy4us:

Oh really! I wasn't d one. what happened that made d guy lose d job.. just being a witness? wat kind of sch/firm is that
okay.....He was close to get the job until he mention that he is a withness and i think the school didnt employ him then.......
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adexy4us(m): 7:48am On Mar 02, 2016
Funpeter:
okay.....He was close to get the job until he mention that he is a withness and i think the school didnt employ him then.......

Good for him that he didn't even take d job...he's meant to bevteaching in a sch & not a church or mosque
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 9:56am On Mar 02, 2016
Adexy4us:

Good for him that he didn't even take d job...he's meant to bevteaching in a sch & not a church or mosque
Thats one of the problem of our nation. Discremination.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
Golden Heart College - A reputable college with international standard will commence operations in September 2016 with a blend of Nigerian and Canadian curricula. The School which is located in a suburban but educationally conducive and serene environment in Abeokuta has the vacant position below:

Job Title: Christian Religious Studies Teacher

Qualifications and Cognate Experience
B.Sc/BA/B.ED/PGDE.
Must have a minimum of 5 years working experience on the field and also be computer literate.
Possession of a Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
Remuneration
Very Attractive.

Application Closing Date
16th March, 2016

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and curriculum vitae (CV) online to: goldenheartcollege2015@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
Funpeter:
Thats one of the problem of our nation. Discremination.
discrimination

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2016
Golden Heart College - A reputable college with international standard will commence operations in September 2016 with a blend of Nigerian and Canadian curricula. The School which is located in a suburban but educationally conducive and serene environment in Abeokuta has the vacant position below:

Job Title:
Civic Education
Social studies
Agricultural Science
Computer science
Mathematics
Basic Technology
Fine arts
Yoruba language
Basic Science Teacher
English Language
French
Home Economics
Music

Qualifications and Cognate Experience
B.Sc/BA/B.ED/PGDE.
Must have a minimum of 5 years working experience on the field and also be computer literate.
Possession of a Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
Remuneration
Pension
Health insurance (optional)
End of the year bonus

Application Closing Date
16th March, 2016

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and curriculum vitae (CV) online to: goldenheartcollege2015@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
26 Step on How to Be a Professional Teacher

A professional teaching qualification does not make you a professional, in the true sense of the word. Belonging to a particular profession does not automatically guarantee that the service you provide is a professional one. Hence, teaching as a professional is a hard thing to do because it encompasses many roles to be done well. Read this article to find out how you can stand out as a true professional in your field: the classroom and larger school community.

1. Inspire the trust of your clients - the students and parents. Create a good first impression from day one of the academic year.

2. Dress like a professional. It is important for teachers to dress in clean clothes with no stains or odor whether they teach in the gym, the shop, or the math classroom. This also means no denim or t-shirts. Revealing clothes are the number one "no-no" for female teachers. Male teachers should remember that a tie and jacket worn to work, can easily be removed, should the need arise. Teachers should arrive at work, looking the part, not dressed looking like their students.

3. Always be on time for work. A professional teacher understands the need to start the day well, every day. Truly professional teachers will make sure that they arrive at least ten minutes before the first bell rings, so as to prepare themselves mentally for the day ahead.

4. Be prepared. Check your diary the night before and plan the day ahead. Professional teachers plan thoroughly too for every lesson and class. They stick to their work programme and assessment schedule, to ensure that not only syllabus content is covered, but also the necessary skills for their students' longer-term success in their specific subject or learning area.

5. Follow procedures and the protocol expected at your school. Professionals embrace the corporate identity and values and model these for the clients - in this case, the children they teach.

6. Take charge of your classroom. Manage your students' behaviour. A professional teacher will not keep running to school management for assistance with classroom discipline.

7. Take pride in the process and product. Make sure your notes and handouts are professionally presented. Professional teachers should never have to be asked to re-do a piece of work because its presentation is shoddy

8. Never miss a deadline. Professionals keep their work up to date and plan ahead. Amateurs leave work until the last minute.

9. Keep up to date with your marking and grading of students' tasks. A three day rule of thumb should apply. If you take too long to hand back class tests and so on, the students will have lost interest in the task and their results by the time you return their work.

10. Treat your colleagues and supervisors with respect. Model respect for authority for your students and gaining their respect will be much easier for you.

11. Be passionate, positive, and enthusiastic about your work. A professional teacher will not create negativity in a staff room or engage in mindless gossip and the spreading of dissent.

12. Embrace change. A professional teacher will not be a doomsayer and throw cold water on new ideas or suggestions for positive change. A professional will not vocalise negative thoughts like "That will never work at this school."

13. Take an interest in every child. The better you get to know your students, the more influence you will have on their attitude towards your subject and on their lives in general. Remember the adage: "Teachers touch eternity; they never know where their influence may end."

14. Treat your students with respect. Follow the maxim "Do unto others." Never publicly humiliate or belittle your students. Do not discuss their results or grades in front of other students. Don't personalise issues with students. Leave their family, background, religion, behaviour, and personal circumstances out of public disciplinary processes and discussions.

15. Be a mentor not a friend. Model responsible adult values, exhibit self-control, choose your words carefully and consider the impact they may have on a particular student or group of students.

16. Maintain confidentiality. A professional teacher will use students' personal information to assist in helping a child to reach his or her potential. Confidential information will not be disclosed over tea during recess, or used as a weapon against a student. Confidential information such as the content of staff meetings too will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

17. Consult parents. Try to include parents in the educational process and encourage their support of the school's disciplinary processes and procedures. Be polite and calm when dealing with parents. Keep reminding them that every discussion about the child needs to be undertaken with the child's best interests at heart.

18. Put safety first. Remember that as a professional teacher you are offering a service to the students and the school community. You are duty-bound to take your "in loco parentis" role seriously. Explain why certain rules are in place and follow all institutional risk management procedures.

19. Support your colleagues and school management. Walk the talk. Put the needs of the institution above your own. Remember you are one person in a group of professionals who share a common goal and vision.

20. Let excellence be your aim. Constantly provide benchmarks for improvement for your students. Give praise when it is due, lots of it. Draw gently alongside those who are in need of help and find creative ways to assist them to improve their grades.

21. Take responsibility for your student's results. As ae professional teacher, the grades your students achieve are a reflection on you. Bear this in mind, in all you do.

22. Behave professionally in public. Always support your school if negative people are bad-mouthing the institution. Swearing and being drunk in public will cause community members to lose respect not only for you, but for the profession at large.

23. Keep abreast of education policy and legislation.

24. Constantly seek new subject knowledge and share this with your students. Take short courses to keep yourself mentally stimulated. Your renewed enthusiasm for your subject will be rewarded by increased student f and enthusiasm for the subject itself.

25. Simplify your lessons: Good teachers make it easy to understand complicated things. Use examples, models and coloured pictures and Photographs. Teach in illustrations that your students can relate to.

26. keep your students attention. Teach your students why the knowledge you convey is important and how they can apply what they learn in their daily lives. Then they are more likely to remember what you teach.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Redomi(m): 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2016
upload111:
a Nursery/Primary and Secondary School in the Lekki area of Lagos State, is recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Teacher (Yoruba)

Requirement

Candidate should possess a Degree in Education and at least 3 years teaching experience.

Application Closing Date
11th March, 2016.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV's to: greatertutor@yahoo.com
Or
Send a handwritten application letter, 2 passport photographs, CV and photocopies of credentials to:
The Consultant,
PID Ventures,
Shop B 149,
Ikota Shopping Complex,
Ajah - Lagos State.
That email address is bouncing back
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2016
Sunnypar:
discrimination
Thanks boss....

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 10:14pm On Mar 02, 2016
Redomi:
That email address is bouncing back

Probably the email box is full. U may try postal service..it works too
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adexy4us(m): 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
Pls house

I got an invite from Sathya Sai Sch Ajah. To the funniest part I searched d whole of nairaland nothing came out even d fone number in d text

Pls who know anything abt them?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by gbemmiey: 12:12am On Mar 03, 2016
Adexy4us:
Pls house

I got an invite from Sathya Sai Sch Ajah. To the funniest part I searched d whole of nairaland nothing came out even d fone number in d text

Pls who know anything abt them?

http://saiuniverse.sathyasai.org/tags/nigeria/

I think it is a school and orphanage. You need to carry out a proper research to find out more

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adexy4us(m): 6:58am On Mar 03, 2016
just wondering if it worth going for....
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:48am On Mar 03, 2016
Adexy4us:
just wondering if it worth going for....

I think it is if all you gat to loose is your t-fare. Besides u would get a first hand lesson on how orphange schools are/run their interview.

I understand even the tfare may b difficult to part with but i suggest you try it out if you can spare or better still call up d phone number and ask them all questions that seem to b bothering u.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:54am On Mar 03, 2016
Uploading....

Hello people..just want to inform those interested that the US embassy is recruiting for admin assistant.
The requirements are quite low enough. Yall might b interested.
I didnt post it cos u would need to download the form. So just google it up and apply if u r interested.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.