Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Ten Lies The Church Tells Women - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Lies The Church Tells Women (42829 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / 4 Lies The Church Taught Me About Sex / Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
ogbronx: From the very day Jesus died on the cross,the devil didnt stop working to undermine God‘s work. The same way the serpent decieved Eve who later lured Adam to same act and brought us where we are now,he is still doing it through contemporary christianity. The God that i know,want to know more and love so dearly is an orderly God. There is a reason why men and women are different emotionally and physically. Its for order. These days ,all sorts of nonsense philosophy has been imported to xtianity thru charisma of hustler preachers and guess whom their first victims are always;women as in d garden of eden. the serpent knows why he approached the woman and not the man. He is still doing it today. over time, i have come to realise,why paul ask women not to speak in church,i didnt like it at first but found out first hand why. women are very emotional and confuse this for spirituality. they are often not sure of themselves and can easily be misled not to mention their materialistic nature. Happy is a woman who knows her place in life and blessed is the man who marries such. Ladies,dont follow the times. Stick to the word like the good apostle Paul said. Salvation is not Just for men but like it or not,man is the head of a home and God has a reason for putting us in our respective sexes.
1 million likes
Okija juju post = 10 million likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by cold(m): 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
The Bible states categorically,explicitly,unanbiguously and unequivocally that women should be treated as commodities & discarded of when you're done

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
THE OP IS PROBANLY 1 OF THOSE EXPIRED PRODUCTS ON THE SHELF
WHO HAS OUTLIVED HER SHELF LIFE . ID LIKE 2 SEE HER PICTURE
I BET SHE IS HEDIOUS
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by CzarChris(m): 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
PrettySpicey: These lessons are for those who believe their Pastors' words are literally "Out of God's mouth"
Believe me, that is not always the case. I can't even do half of the things there, who be slave to which man? African men like am well well especially here in Naija...control freaks!
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
Babzilla: THE OP IS PROBANLY 1 OF THOSE EXPIRED PRODUCTS ON THE SHELF
WHO HAS OUTLIVED HER SHELF LIFE . ID LIKE 2 SEE HER PICTURE
I BET SHE IS HEDIOUS

LOL! Why so pained?? grin for the record I'm in my late teens! Satisfied?? If u don't share the same views as mine, why beat urself up??

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by vokalguy(m): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
ighoosagie: brb

if you do not have anything meaningful to type, then do not bother... all you had to type was 'brb' get a life you freaking w**ker
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
I didn't even bother reading much of the Op's post when I breezed thru and noticed that almost every bolded statement had the word "husband" in it. Apparently the Op wants women to always be in conflict with their husband. If you can't manage a husband then why marry? Stupid thread. Anoda sign of end times.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by tony9k: 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
What the op wrote is very true. The precarious situation of the female is compounded by the cultural practices in some countries like nigeria which not only support the marginalization of women but also stipulates additional dehumanising practices. The Islamic religion is even worse as some Islamic states forbid women even basic rights like travelling alone or even driving.

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Solozzo(m): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
Okija_juju:

Whats a lie about this?!

According to Apostle Paul..

I Cor. 11 – 8 “A Man is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man: for neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man: and the head of Christ is God.”

Refer...

And whats a Lie about this?!

Titus 2:5
English Standard Version (ESV)

5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Okay... So are you calling brother Timothy a Lair?! angry

1 Timothy 2:12 ESV
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

1 Cor. 11:7-10

"For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8 For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; 9 for indeed man was not created for the woman’s sake, but woman for the man’s sake. 10 Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels."

1 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

Ephesians 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

5 For this reason I left you in aCrete, that you would set in order what remains and bappoint celders in every city as I directed you,

6 namely, aif any man is above reproach, the bhusband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of cdissipation or drebellion.

7 For the 1aoverseer must be above reproach as bGod’s steward, not cself-willed, not quick-tempered, not daddicted to wine, not pugnacious, enot fond of sordid gain,

Acts 2:17

17 ‘aAnd it shall be in the last days,’ God says,

‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all 1mankind;

And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

And your young men shall see visions,

And your old men shall dream dreams;

1 Tim. 2:12-14

"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression."

2 Corinthians 11:3

3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

Erm... DUH!!

Shey na the strong Leadership qualities of Jezebel make her go barb Samsom head from Dada to mohawk!

Summary:: The Bible has nothing to do with new millenium or Y2k compliance.. You either obey the word of God or you become an unbeliever.. You women should simply obey the bible and be submissive.. Its this type of behavior that landed Mankind in the problems we are suffering today. You women have started again. Why wouldnt you learn from your ancestors Eve & Jezebel.. angry

Any Woman who isnt submissive to a Man would go to hell.. #Period

Indeed more than enough evidence in the bible to support the fact that mainstream Christianity underrate women. However gnostic Christianity has revealed that men and women equally have the divine spark of God and are mates that the creation of eve helped to awake Adam from the daze of ignorance and forgetfulness.

In gnostic writings eg Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Mary and the secret book of John. In them Peter representing mainstream Christianity has always put Mary down. The gnostics revealed Mary was one of the disciples of Christ ie Mary Magdalene, she received some inner spiritual information the other disciples did not get. Her responses to questions and comments in teaching sessions with christ were superior to the other disciples and that's why christ loved her more. Just like some ladies did better than some men in university classes.

Furthermore Eve helped Adam to receive the power of knowing good and evil by accepting the snake's advice in genesis. Without eating this fruit man would have remained a naked ape with no technology as intended by The Lord.. Even the Lord god knew his game was up when he said ''behold man has become like one of us knowing good and evil'. In anger he cursed the couple, the snake and the earth and prevented man from reaching the tree of life. But thanks to wisdom, man had coped well over the centuries and getting more knowledge of good and evil ie science, democracy, justice and good will.

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
tony9k: What the op wrote is very true. The precarious situation of the female is compounded by the cultural practices in some countries like nigeria which not only support the marginalization of women but also stipulates additional dehumanising practices. The Islamic religion is even worse as some Islamic states forbid women even basic rights like travelling alone or even driving.

At least someone is thinking straight smiley
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Solozzo:

Indeed more than enough evidence in the bible to support the fact that mainstream Christianity underrate women. However gnostic Christianity has revealed that men and women equally have the divine spark of God and are mates that the creation of eve helped to awake Adam from the daze of ignorance and forgetfulness.

In gnostic writings eg Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Mary and the secret book of John. In them Peter representing mainstream Christianity has always put Mary down. The gnostics revealed Mary was one of the disciples of Christ ie Mary Magdalene, she received some inner spiritual information the other disciples did not get. Her responses to questions and comments in teaching sessions with christ were superior to the other disciples and that's why christ loved her more. Just like some ladies did better than some men in university classes.

Furthermore Eve helped Adam to receive the power of knowing good and evil by accepting the snake's advice in genesis. Without eating this fruit man would have remained a naked ape with no technology as intended by The Lord.. Even the Lord god knew his game was up when he said ''behold man has become like one of us knowing good and evil'. In anger he cursed the couple, the snake and the earth and prevented man from reaching the tree of life. But thanks to wisdom, man had coped well over the centuries and getting more knowledge of good and evil ie science, democracy, justice and good will.

Thanks for this smiley
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by betadaz: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
@OP, I hope you are not my wife's friend on NL or facebook; because her stronghead dey increase and multiple per day.

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by zika1(f): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
Op tnk u very much 4 dis. Tnk God deres some dat tinks like me here. All those saying tinz like paul said dis abi he said dat, abeg u guyz shld park well. I wonder y u guyz read d bible in one way. Ooo becos u re guyz anytin u hear dat enpowers u is ryt abi? Pls u shld really take time 2 study the bible very well. As I hv said b4 nd will say again I really dnt like reading d books paul wrote becos I tink the guy ws confused. He kept contradicting his own words. Pls who does that? U shld take time and read d books he wrote and be logical. Nd pls only pple wit brainz nt jst anyhow pple who will end up attacking me instead of analysin tinz

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by ayoku777(m): 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
There is more emotion in this write up than revelation. Alot of ladies become feminists after multiple heartbreaks, or after watching what other women go through at the hands of men, or boys rather.

But just like my bb dm today 'becoming a bitter feminist or being closed hearted isnt the way to safe guard your heart from heartbreaks. Let God choose your man for you. Trust me, when you have a man who is becoming more like Christ daily, you will count it a privilege to submit to him.

This write up is tainted with more western civilisation opinions than scripture, that tries to make the woman co-head. God in his wisdom made the man the head. A family with no head is dead, and a family with two heads is a beast.

Dont be a bitter feminist or lead impressionable young girls down that path. Submit to God as a woman and he will give you a man you will be proud to also submit to.

God bless

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Eneze1: Nice one op, a lot of preachers twist the Bible to please their ego, that's why it's important for you as a person to read the Bible
am sure when you are married you made an oath that for for better for worst,or if you are not married you will still say it on ur day of wedding so who is deceiving who?keep deceiving yourself
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
zika1: Op tnk u very much 4 dis. Tnk God deres some dat tinks like me here. All those saying tinz like paul said dis abi he said dat, abeg u guyz shld park well. I wonder y u guyz read d bible in one way. Ooo becos u re guyz anytin u hear dat enpowers u is ryt abi? Pls u shld really take time 2 study the bible very well. As I hv said b4 nd will say again I really dnt like reading d books paul wrote becos I tink the guy ws confused. He kept contradicting his own words. Pls who does that? U shld take time and read d books he wrote and be logical. Nd pls only pple wit brainz nt jst anyhow pple who will end up attacking me instead of analysin tinz

Much appretiated smiley
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by ono(m): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
@carr101,
You're living in the US? - cos this definitely will have a huge impact on your outlook at 'religious' things.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by ono(m): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
ayoku777: There is more emotion in this write up than revelation. Alot of ladies become feminists after multiple heartbreaks, or after watching what other women go through at the hands of men, or boys rather.

But just like my bb dm today 'becoming a bitter feminist or being closed hearted isnt the way to safe guard your heart from heartbreaks. Let God choose your man for you. Trust me, when you have a man who is becoming more like Christ daily, you will count it a privilege to submit to him.

This write up is tainted with more western civilisation opinions than scripture, that tries to make the woman co-head. God in his wisdom made the man the head. A family with no head is dead, and a family with two heads is a beast.

Dont be a bitter feminist or lead impressionable young girls down that path. Submit to God as a woman and he will give you a man you will be proud to also submit to.

God bless

You have helped put my thoughts in a very lucid, crystal clear way.

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
ayoku777: There is more emotion in this write up than revelation. Alot of ladies become feminists after multiple heartbreaks, or after watching what other women go through at the hands of men, or boys rather.

God bless

Nah not me! Iv got a pretty happy life!... grin
I only refuse to have a stagnant mind..no knowledge is a waste smiley

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
ono: @carr101,
You're living in the US? - cos this definitely will have a huge impact on your outlook at 'religious' things.

No sir, I don't smiley
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by foleyx: 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
this is how demonic teachings started in the west. first it was women liberation, then gay liberation I wonder what comes next.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
foleyx: this is how demonic teachings started in the west. first it was women liberation, then gay liberation I wonder what comes next.

So women aren't meant to be liberated? undecided

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by esbjaygmailco(m): 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
honestly, u are the biggest fool I ever come across in life. go back to ur Bible and read it well, and check What God told Eve after she ate n also persuade her husband to eat the forbidden fruit. God told her that she will look up to her husband for everything. go n continue the remaining story in ur Bible.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:
honestly, u are the biggest fool I ever come across in life. go back to ur Bible and read it well, and check What God told Eve after she ate n also persuade her husband to eat the forbidden fruit. God told her that she will look up to her husband for everything. go n continue the remaining story in ur Bible.

For some reason I think a goat is smarter than u are undecided
Hope u get thrown off a bridge and raped by sharks.
God bless

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Solozzo(m): 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2013

Furthermore Eve helped Adam to receive the power of knowing good and evil by accepting the snake's advice in genesis. Without eating this fruit man would have remained a Unclad ape with no technology as intended by The Lord.. Even the Lord god knew his game was up when he said ''behold man has become like one of us knowing good and evil'. In anger he cursed the couple, the snake and the earth and prevented man from reaching the tree of life. But thanks to wisdom, man had coped well over the centuries and getting more knowledge of good and evil ie science, democracy, justice and good will.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by wasak(m): 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
She will marry herself instead.
She will grow old alone with a black cat. Not a dog cos dogs like happy people but an annoying cat

brother I swear u made my day
..big Thanks to U
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by purpose14(f): 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
Okija_juju:

Whats a lie about this?!

According to Apostle Paul..

I Cor. 11 – 8 “A Man is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man: for neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man: and the head of Christ is God.”

Refer...

And whats a Lie about this?!

Titus 2:5
English Standard Version (ESV)

5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Okay... So are you calling brother Timothy a Lair?! angry

1 Timothy 2:12 ESV
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

1 Cor. 11:7-10

"For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8 For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; 9 for indeed man was not created for the woman’s sake, but woman for the man’s sake. 10 Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels."

1 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

Ephesians 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

5 For this reason I left you in aCrete, that you would set in order what remains and bappoint celders in every city as I directed you,

6 namely, aif any man is above reproach, the bhusband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of cdissipation or drebellion.

7 For the 1aoverseer must be above reproach as bGod’s steward, not cself-willed, not quick-tempered, not daddicted to wine, not pugnacious, enot fond of sordid gain,

Acts 2:17

17 ‘aAnd it shall be in the last days,’ God says,

‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all 1mankind;

And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

And your young men shall see visions,

And your old men shall dream dreams;

1 Tim. 2:12-14

"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression."

2 Corinthians 11:3

3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

Erm... DUH!!

Shey na the strong Leadership qualities of Jezebel make her go barb Samsom head from Dada to mohawk!

Summary:: The Bible has nothing to do with new millenium or Y2k compliance.. You either obey the word of God or you become an unbeliever.. You women should simply obey the bible and be submissive.. Its this type of behavior that landed Mankind in the problems we are suffering today. You women have started again. Why wouldnt you learn from your ancestors Eve & Jezebel.. angry

Any Woman who isnt submissive to a Man would go to hell.. #Period
You have spoken my mind sir......
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Lordlexy: 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
ogbronx: From the very day Jesus died on the cross,the devil didnt stop working to undermine God‘s work. The same way the serpent decieved Eve who later lured Adam to same act and brought us where we are now,he is still doing it through contemporary christianity. The God that i know,want to know more and love so dearly is an orderly God. There is a reason why men and women are different emotionally and physically. Its for order. These days ,all sorts of nonsense philosophy has been imported to xtianity thru charisma of hustler preachers and guess whom their first victims are always;women as in d garden of eden. the serpent knows why he approached the woman and not the man. He is still doing it today. over time, i have come to realise,why paul ask women not to speak in church,i didnt like it at first but found out first hand why. women are very emotional and confuse this for spirituality. they are often not sure of themselves and can easily be misled not to mention their materialistic nature. Happy is a woman who knows her place in life and blessed is the man who marries such. Ladies,dont follow the times. Stick to the word like the good apostle Paul said. Salvation is not Just for men but like it or not,man is the head of a home and God has a reason for putting us in our respective sexes.
Absolutely on point. The duty is on every woman to do proper evaluation on misleading issues like this to avoid being ensnare in someone's poison. More importantly, ladies should access the man they intend to walk down the aisle to avoid an abusive and bossy husband. Lastly, purge yourself from the expectations that you are equal to your man but rather a help mate ready to listen and support. The incessant divorce, breaking homes in western countries is a pointer to this assumption.

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by sylve11: 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44:
She will marry herself instead.
She will grow old alone with a black cat. Not a dog cos dogs like happy people but an annoying cat

lol grin grin cool
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lordlexy: Absolutely on point. The duty is on every woman to do proper evaluation on misleading issues like this to avoid being ensnare in someone's poison. More importantly, ladies should access the man they intend to walk down the aisle to avoid an abusive and bossy husband. Lastly, purge yourself from the expectations that you are equal to your man but rather a help mate ready to listen and support. The incessant divorce, breaking homes in western countries is a pointer to this assumption.

Clearly u are the only one on this thread who read and understood my post! smiley
I never said a woman should rule over her husband but rather a man should see his woman as a help mate NOT a rag!!!
Its that simple! Thanks for this.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Solozzo(m): 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
carr101:

Thanks for this smiley

You may read more about the truth about women's position in the eyes of true Christians like the gnostics by reading the gospel of Mary. Pistis Sophia and the Gospel of Thomas. They are all free in the Internet. Indeed Sophia which means wisdom is the mother of the physical universe as she gave birth to the demiurge who created the physical world with the power he derived from his mother. Sophia is a close associate of Christ.

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Solozzo(m): 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:

God lost his temper because Eve helped Adam out of ignorance and immaturity. Without Eve encouraging adam to eat the fruit mankind would have remained a naked ape for ever!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses / Dear Nigerian's, Do You Know The Meaning Of These Symbols / Apostle Suleman To Buhari: ‘Your EndSARS Speech Was Useless, Insensitive’

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117