Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Why Do You Believe In God? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Believe In God? (13063 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Kay17: 8:15am On Sep 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

There is an inherent contradiction in the concept and word 'nothing'. That it can be concieved and it is materially represented. If nothing truly exists it couldn't even be thought of. We know this given unconsciousness when we have no concept of anything whatever: given that 'nothing' is conceived and symbolized it is, in contradiction, treated as something which it is.

True, however this "Nothing" is empty, unproductive given that though it might be something, yet it has nothing. For Nothing to be creative, it must have the potential of being productive
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by buoye1(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2013
Because he is and the rewarder of those that diligently seek him.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by 4C2215131: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2013
It was a summon,a whispher in the winds and a burning desire in the soul and a quest of the mind. Needless to say,religion has got nothing to do with it.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
Still sounding like a deranged loon. Do you care to quit hyper ventilating enough to elaborate on what you're raving about? Do you care to refresh my short memory because I can deduce nothing from your incoherent ramblings.

Your ears are twisted and your brain's all mushy to talk of sound when I write. Explains the mention of incoherency given you peabrains like you still $h*t about in diapers. Given your confirmed poor memory read this thread and put your brain back where it belongs, your head, and off where it shouldn't be, your ar$€.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 8:39am On Sep 14, 2013
Kay 17:

True, however this "Nothing" is empty, unproductive given that though it might be something, yet it has nothing. For Nothing to be creative, it must have the potential of being productive

And so my subscription of God to space. God being conscious & sufficiently intelligent and omnipotent to effect creation ex nihilo. That's where Lord Babs stops, I expect you to.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 8:48am On Sep 14, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
Is known by who to be uncaused?

People with a belief in God. Theists and deists of every stripe.

Obi1kenobi: Did he personally reveal this to you by himself?

No.

Obi1kenobi: Or did you just make that up in your mind?

I did given the simple logic that an infinite regress of causes is a logical absurdity, hence in a chain of effects there must be recourse to a cause that is non-contingent or uncaused. God being that cause.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by DonaldGenes(m): 8:56am On Sep 14, 2013
TerryCarr: what about the other religions?

hmmmph! i pity you, showing us common pictures of some people worshipping whatever poo they think they wanna worship, how does that concern us, even if they like , let them believe in their A.nus, who cares, time will tell if when OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST shall come, it will be too late to say oh had i know,
even the demons knows and believe in God, read this" Mathew chapter 8 vs 28 "When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes,[a] two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29 “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2013
buoye1: Because he is and the rewarder of those that diligently seek him.

Finding God is a reward in itself.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Kay17: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

And so my subscription of God to space. God being conscious & sufficiently intelligent and omnipotent to effect creation ex nihilo. That's where Lord Babs stops, I expect you to.

Yet Nothing has no contents, no creativity, no consciousness, no intelligence, is null
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2013
I don't believe in God. I rather believe in his existence. Believing in God is a rather practical and religious term.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2013
Eye opening posts.
Uyi cool down pls
Some posts here are quite funny
P.S the question is 'why do you believe in God'?
Not 'do you believe in God'?
Why are atheists derailing my thread?.
No disrespects tho.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 14, 2013
An Encounter with God makes d difference...
May God deliver PAGAN 9JA, Judas2013 nd other that had made themselves Fools in the hand of Satan
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Infomizer(m): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2013
I believe for now because i'm not convinced otherwise yet. I don't fully understand yet how evolution and natural selection alone (without the interference of an intelligent being or beings) can give rise to the complexities we see around today.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Judas2013: 10:38am On Sep 14, 2013
Chibuebem: the very man who first used those words is Jesus Christ. Take your argument to him. Stop being confused. Read about what he said. He said you can't enter Gods kingdom without being born again.

Jesus doesn't wanna see me cos this time i will sell him for good!
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Image123(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2013
@OP
Because i do.

Everybody has their different reasns to love, some don't even need a reason. Everyhing des nt boil dwn to reason. Why do we die?
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Judas2013: 10:47am On Sep 14, 2013
Chikeziehosan:

'm saying the Same thing Blockhead...
It's the same bible that helped the Slaves regain Freedom
n FYI none of my Ancestors were Slaves..

Atheists like William Wilberforce free the slaves not christianity. The Pope owned slaves too.

The bible is the worst thing that could happen to man. The book is filled with Extraterrestrial encounter with humans,then has turned to a problem.

None of your Ancestors were slaves? You must be deluded! Those who were enslaved weren't relative of yours?

£30,000,000,000 for Jesus's ransom if i can lay my hands on him this time around
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by KwoiZabo(m): 10:48am On Sep 14, 2013
singing
you can't tell me God is not
he woke me up this morning
he walks beside me
he speaks t me in a still small voice
he has changed my life
he lives "cos I talked with him today
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Image123(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2013
Judas2013:

Atheists like William Wilberforce free the slaves not christianity. The Pope owned slaves too.

William Wilberforce an aheist? i feel your loneliness. You can feel free to add me to the wish list.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 11:05am On Sep 14, 2013
lorretta u: Eye opening posts.
Uyi cool down pls
Some posts here are quite funny
P.S the question is 'why do you believe in God'?
Not 'do you believe in God'?
Why are atheists derailing my thread?.
No disrespects tho.

Nah. Measure for measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over is what I'm given that deluded freak who thinks his folly smart. Atheists are to be expected but in truth, not all derail a thread. Logicboy, huxley and nferyn are no longer with us, not sure about the first though. Now a question: what arguments made you border on atheism ?
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2013
Image123:

William Wilberforce an aheist? i feel your loneliness. You can feel free to add me to the wish list.

Wilberforce was an evangelical Anglican.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Elevation(m): 11:11am On Sep 14, 2013
There is God i have felt his Power,he exists but one thing remains sure if u do not diligently seek Him u cant find him,i know most people believe in the Devil then why do u find it hard to believe in God remember that There's good and evil God-Giver of Good things while the Devil-Directlor of evil so u have to choose whom will be ur ruler u have to belong to a camp but i urge u to choose God and you'll not regret it,I AM CONVINCED BEYOND ANY THING OR ANY HUMAN THAT I AM exists I NEED NO OTHER ARGUEMENT THE WORD OF GOD IS SETTLED.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Image123(m): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Wilberforce was an evangelical Anglican.

i'm aware, not sure if judas2013 is.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2013
Image123:

i'm aware, not sure if judas2013 is.

A mistake. I won't push it.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 14, 2013
@Uyi Iredia;
Uyi Iredia(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13

RoyPCain: @9jadelta; Creator cant be created. if anything is created, that is not the Creator. even the thin air, the Creator created it. so when you get to the end of the line and you can not go further, after that, your have the Absolute Creator Who is One and in English language the generic identity; God in Islam, True Name Allah.

Why do you say Allah is God's true name as opposed to other names in other languages?
Almost all the 'pagan' Gods are something physical, now or sometimes in the past. The hindus for example on the 'pagan Gods' issue, represent each of their specific Gods with something they can see. Ask mr. pagan9ja. his own God or Gods exist[s] in the physical. unfortunately, these pagan Gods are themselves made by the pagans. Sango of the yorubas died by hanging. Is that the way of God and does God have a need to die? based on these and many other reasons, the pagan Gods cant be true God. But there is Only One True God.

this One God is claimed by the Jews, Christians and Muslims alike. The differences are many, including the laws, rules and how this God Lords over. What is crucial based on your question is the Actual Name of this One God.

In the case of the jews, they say that this God made Himself to man, only in their generation, forgetting that Adam [as] is not a jew, yet he knew God and the Personal Name of God. God is known by His Personal Name by other creatures, angels, jinns, long before man. And man existed long before man gave birth to the jews, a more recent tribe among children of man, Adam [as]. if i stop here with the jews, you must agree with me that the foundation being a lie, what strength does the wall have against truth?

But the jews can't even say the Name of God, whether because the forgot, think themselves inferior, made to forget it, one of these or all of them. The point is I Am is not a Proper Name, just like man is not a proper name of any human, male or female.

i am going to address the case of the christians while i ignore the trinity because it is irrelevant here. What is the Name of God on the lips of Jesus? it is not Yahweh or Jehovah. It is a word closer and identical in sound to the Arab Allah. You will say Eloi, Eloim, Ellah. Dr. Scoffield in his Bible says Ellah. Some arabs write Ebrahim, Ibrahim, to mean the same word, a name of the "father of faith" [as]. the E or I at the beginning does not change the understanding of the readers and the sound of both in the ears of the hearers is identifying the man they read his story well enough in their religious books, be they jews, christians or muslims. when the christians are saying Jehovah and Jesus is saying Ellah, the christians have to be wrong because the bible is a witness against them because what they say is different from what Jesus is saying.

The case of the muslims is clear. In the Quran which is the word of God, not word of Muhammad [sa] because he would have claimed so in order to win 'souls'. But since he is given strict instruction to repeat only, God says "I Am, Allah and there is no God beside Me". we can read this in surah taha and many other places in the Quran.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2013
@Judas2013;
by Judas2013: 4:02am

There is only one creator, YOU!
it is impossible that i am my own Creator. the reason is that i had parents that did what the bees and the birds do. they mated to produce me. if i am produced, i cant be my own Creator. Creator of man does not depend on any, does not have parents, not produced, ase.xually, or other forms, including sex.ually, self replicating, etc, etc. I will not need some external essence to impact 'knowledge' on me.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by khattab02: 11:38am On Sep 14, 2013
At op. I believe in God becoz He is the Supreme being of all that is between the heavens and the earth and He has made His ayats(signs, evidences, proofs) of his Existence known to us if we look around us. All what we see around us sun, stars, moon, moutains, trees etc did not just come in to exixtence ,He created them. What about ourselves? Did we evolve from Ape or just fall by ourselves? No, it is He who has created us and bestowed so many countless favours on us. The main purpose of our creation is given in Qur'an 51: 56 '' And I have not created the jinns and mankind except that they should worship me alone''. We praise and Glorify Almighty God because He alone deserves the right to be worshipped.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2013
Judas2013:

The bible is the worst thing that could happen to man. The book is filled with Extraterrestrial encounter with humans,then has turned to a problem.

None of your Ancestors were slaves? You must be deluded! Those who were enslaved weren't relative of yours?

£30,000,000,000 for Jesus's ransom if i can lay my hands on him this time around

even Einstein believed in a Creator

So who are u
Nobody
A Black Atheist
A devolved Homo Sapiens
Embrace the Religion that teaches Equality
Saying the bible was a lie is Blasphemous

None Of my Relatives were ever abducted...
Royal blood Line

U'll see Jesus on the Judgement Day

You can never make Up to that amount even if Ur lineage survives Till the time when the Sun expands n becomes a Red giant
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by khattab02: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Jazakallahu khairan RoyPCain well said. In addition to the Name Allah, We muslims have no objection to any Name u called Almighty God but the Name should not contain any mental picture, Image or names of other gods worshipped by some other people. Why do we love quoting Almighty God as Allah rather than the english Name God? Because a person can play mischief with the English name 'God ' if u add father to God it becomes 'Godfather', there is no such thing as nauzubillah 'Allahfather' or 'Allahmother'. If u add 'ddess' it becomes 'goddess' which means female god ,there is no such thing as 'Allah male' or 'Allah female' He is neither male nor female. Similarly if u add Tin to God it becomes TinGod, there is no such thing as 'Allahtin' or tin 'Allah'. So the Name Allah remains in its in Pure form and free from all mischiefs. Thank you.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
Chikeziehosan:
even Einstein believed in a Creator

So who are u
Nobody
A Black Atheist
A devolved Homo Sapiens

Embrace the Religion that teaches Equality
Saying the bible was a lie is Blasphemous

None Of my Relatives were ever abducted...
Royal blood Line

U'll see Jesus on the Judgement Day

You can never make Up to that amount even if Ur lineage survives Till the time when the Sun expands n becomes a Red giant

I dont get that part.

are you saying black people are inferior to whites?

so what is Einstein believed in God?
does that mean every black should?? i dont get it
Please explain

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by UyiIredia(m): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
RoyPCain: @Uyi Iredia; Almost all the 'pagan' Gods are something physical, now or sometimes in the past. The hindus for example on the 'pagan Gods' issue, represent each of their specific Gods with something they can see. Ask mr. pagan9ja. his own God or Gods exist[s] in the physical. unfortunately, these pagan Gods are themselves made by the pagans. Sango of the yorubas died by hanging. Is that the way of God and does God have a need to die? based on these and many other reasons, the pagan Gods cant be true God. But there is Only One True God.

this One God is claimed by the Jews, Christians and Muslims alike. The differences are many, including the laws, rules and how this God Lords over. What is crucial based on your question is the Actual Name of this One God.

In the case of the jews, they say that this God made Himself to man, only in their generation, forgetting that Adam [as] is not a jew, yet he knew God and the Personal Name of God. God is known by His Personal Name by other creatures, angels, jinns, long before man. And man existed long before man gave birth to the jews, a more recent tribe among children of man, Adam [as]. if i stop here with the jews, you must agree with me that the foundation being a lie, what strength does the wall have against truth?

But the jews can't even say the Name of God, whether because the forgot, think themselves inferior, made to forget it, one of these or all of them. The point is I Am is not a Proper Name, just like man is not a proper name of any human, male or female.

i am going to address the case of the christians while i ignore the trinity because it is irrelevant here. What is the Name of God on the lips of Jesus? it is not Yahweh or Jehovah. It is a word closer and identical in sound to the Arab Allah. You will say Eloi, Eloim, Ellah. Dr. Scoffield in his Bible says Ellah. Some arabs write Ebrahim, Ibrahim, to mean the same word, a name of the "father of faith" [as]. the E or I at the beginning does not change the understanding of the readers and the sound of both in the ears of the hearers is identifying the man they read his story well enough in their religious books, be they jews, christians or muslims. when the christians are saying Jehovah and Jesus is saying Ellah, the christians have to be wrong because the bible is a witness against them because what they say is different from what Jesus is saying.

The case of the muslims is clear. In the Quran which is the word of God, not word of Muhammad [sa] because he would have claimed so in order to win 'souls'. But since he is given strict instruction to repeat only, God says "I Am, Allah and there is no God beside Me". we can read this in surah taha and many other places in the Quran.

I differ with some of your points but it was informative. As a hint to why I differ, note that deists generally believe Nature is the only word God has spoken. Thanks.
Re: Why Do You Believe In God? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
Crassus:

I dont get that part.

are you saying black people are inferior to whites?

so what is Einstein believed in God?
does that mean every black should?? i dont get it
Please explain
....Darwin believed Negroes blacks were a Step closer to Primates than Whites....
That was why n Still y we are looked down upon by d whites till today

n Later
Einstein Said there's no way there couldn't av been a Creator

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism / 7 Keys To Wealth And Greatness For Christians / Happy Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.