Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner (13962 Views)

Dokpesi: PDP Youths Protest In Front Of High Court Abuja, Demand His Release / VIDEO Of The Debate Between APC & PDP Youths On Channels / PDP Youths Host Northern NGOs,Civil Society And Youth Groups In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 09, 2013
PANDEMONUIM broke out at the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, secretariat in Ughelli North Local Government Area, Delta State, following a protest over the list of the party executives in Uwheru and Agbarho wards.

The state Commissioner for Secondary and Basic Education, Professor Partrick Muoboghare, was stabbed by aggrieved party youths from Uwheru, his home town, who accused him of manipulating the list of ward congresses held last year. Several other party members were injured in the fracas.

The aggrieved youths, who stormed the party secretariat in large numbers, disrupted the inauguration ceremony for hours, as party leaders and political office holders in the area ran for safety. The youths destroyed plastic chairs and other property belonging to the party.

According to a source, Professor Muoboghare was stabbed on his upper arm and abdomen. He was rushed to Ufor Hospital, Ughelli and later referred to Oghara Teaching Hospital for medical attention.

The source, who is close to the commissioner, said Muoboghare was receiving medical attention, adding that “he was stabbed by our Uwheru boys, who are opposed to the ward list.”

Pleading anonymity, the source said that the commissioner was placed on oxygen, Saturday, due to excessive bleeding, which led to shortage of blood, adding that one of the suspects was intercepted by them and handed over to the Police in Ughelli.

At press time, efforts were still being made to reach the Ughelli ‘A’ Divisional Police Officer for comment. However, a senior police officer attached to the division confirmed the arrest, saying “it took the combined intervention of the police and Joint Task Force, JTF soldiers to restore normalcy after the ugly incident.

“The police is investigating the matter. One person in our custody has made useful confessions. I can assure you that we will get other members of the gang and they will all be made to face the law. Nobody is above the law.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/delta-commissioner-stabbed-by-pdp-youths/
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 09, 2013
Huh!

And What is it with Nigeria Journalists and the word pandemonium?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by eightsin(m): 7:29am On Sep 09, 2013
Owkay...politricks.

1 Like

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:30am On Sep 09, 2013
Primitive region!

1 Like

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Brimmie(m): 7:33am On Sep 09, 2013
Erriga!! undecided
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Tolexander: 7:50am On Sep 09, 2013
Are they sure it is the commissioner that was stabbed or the commissioner stabbed someone cos nigerian news can be twisted..
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by godello: 7:55am On Sep 09, 2013
grin Uduaghan Will be the next victim. grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by tyson99(m): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2013
Vexing mode activated

1 Like

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by dridowu: 8:31am On Sep 09, 2013
Pdp do or die politics

5 Likes

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 09, 2013
HIP HIP HIP....

(This calls for celebration)
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 09, 2013
Nice Development

1 Like

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by tnktosin(m): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2013
godello: grin Uduaghan Will be the next victim. grin
Amen.
Dat Prof is my friend's uncle.
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by guass(m): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2013
At the moment, the Urhobo youths are fed-up with the current high level of MARGINALIZATION, ISOLATION, JOBLESSNESS, HARDSHIP, POVERTY, DESPERATION, NEGLIGENCE, DESPONDENCY, DECEIT, UNDERDEVELOPMENT, ABANDONMENT, DISENFRANCHISEMENT,MISREPRESENTATION,WRONG EMPOWERMENT(if any), BETRAYAL, UNEMPLOYMENT,SELFISHNESS, CORRUPTION, LACK OF INTERNAL DEMOCRACY WITHIN PARTIES, STOLEN MANDATE, LOOTING,BRIBERY, DESPAIR AND IDLENESS.

However, resorting to violence is a mistake because as much as i know:

Dialogue is better than Violence;

Peaceful Protest is better than Pandemonium;

Love is better than Hatred &

Peace is better than War.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Evestar200(f): 9:26am On Sep 09, 2013
Choil,,my mummy town boys dy vex o
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by buoye1(m): 9:26am On Sep 09, 2013
Fresh air nooni
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by speeder(m): 9:26am On Sep 09, 2013
Aboki, use that change u dey owe me take give me pure water

4 Likes

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by blayz0923: 9:26am On Sep 09, 2013
the commissioner was a youth member.....
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 09, 2013
Abeg ma block commenting space
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Wetin u talk I was eatin cockroach
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Sorry I wan block space
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 09, 2013
Fers time on d fers page
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 09, 2013
Ageg wetin u say I been dey eat cockroach
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Albert0011(m): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2013
Boys are nt smiling....uduaghan wil be the next victim,dis man is turnin our beloved state into a mess.
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by mascot87(m): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2013
Just one reason why that can happen is #E.T.T

10 Likes

Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Horlawoomey(m): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2013
RIP

Don't quote me o
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by FEMISCOPE(m): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2013
[[femiscope]]
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by moscobabs(m): 9:33am On Sep 09, 2013
So tell me diffrent btw Niger Delta guys and Boko haram proud to be Yoruba guy!!!
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Evestar200(f): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2013
Delta is about to receive sweet fresh air,,cuz everybody is clamouring for change,Ugborikoko are fighting over d same selfish politicial which has left several pple dead,,Now is Ughelli north,,one day,, one day,,NIGERIA GO BETTER
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by yahrant140(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2013
Bloody civilian!
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by ichommy(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2013
Boys are not smiling
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by Evestar200(f): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2013
Albert0011: Boys are nt smiling....uduaghan wil be the next victim,dis man is turnin our beloved state into a mess.
yes o,,all those making Delta state to be backward shall Never go unpunished
Re: PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner by ayusco85(m): 9:39am On Sep 09, 2013
He was lucky its just stab. Next time na "shot 9 times"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kebbi Assembly Members Impeach Speaker And Deputy Speaker / Fayose Benefited From Arms Cash:apc / We’ve Overcome Boko Haram, Buhari Tells Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.