Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet (51234 Views)

Dino Melaye Buys A 2015 Slingshot - Sahara Reporters / N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Ex-militant, Tompolo, Buys Six Warships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Stunner1(f): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2013
Abeg make una no vex ooo but which kain name be GOVERNMENT....
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Billygee2u: 10:52am On Sep 10, 2013
$ugardaddy:

Very true

What do you mean by ,That's true? governors ,senators,reps,ministers,local government chairmen,councilors,commissioners etc.how many of them you use their money to better Nigerians?
I see that you are just a noise maker,you are blind and deaf that you do not know about OBJ,IBB,Achike Udenwa,Tifnubu,Uzor Kalu,Buhari etc.
You love Nigerians right? If you love Nigerians,you can start doing something to change the way things are in Nigeria,by starting a revolution.
Is your life worth more than those Egyptians that rose up against their government?
Tompolo staged war with his life to let the world hear their crying.you can do better than that ,ok?

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by DaLover(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2013
The truth is, Tompolo may or may not have made his money in the best way possible, like Jesus once said, let him without sin cast he first stone.
Looking across the terrain of the country, I can beat my chest to say that 98% of billionaires in this country can attribute their wealth to oil from the 9ja delta...and majority of them are because they were close affiliates to the military boys who controlled power through the gun...

So to a newbie to this topic or someone ignorant of the real issues, why is there so much emphasis on the ND militants who have made money?
The fear of the 9ja deltan insisting on the resource control fight and the over dependence on oil by the SW and the Core north,
The SW press have realized that by constantly focusing attention on the rich militants, the propaganda will be strong enuf to destroy the desire of the average 9ja deltan to fight for true resource control, the strategy is simple, play up the negative aspects of the struggle in the media and play down any positives...

I saw somewhere that if you keep telling a big lie long enuf, it seams to become true, even to the person or people being lied against.

Like I have always said, and keep saying, education is a means to an end, the end being a developed society, it isn't Enuf to laf at the 9ja deltans that they are not educated, it would also be nice for this country to begin to benefit from the much touted well educated resources of the SW. If put to proper use, can generate much more money that oil, which is presently driving the media in the SW crazy with tompolos money.
fact: Israel with no oil or natural resource and a population of 6mllion people, generates about $100b in revenues, same as nigeria with a population of 150 million.
The population of the SW maybe at least 35million can definitely do better than over reliance on 9ja delta oil, and who and who in the 9ja delta is buing planes or not.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Mcjoke(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2013
It amazes me how some people here are shouting it's our money, it's our soil instead of calling a spade a spade. Do you people want to end up like northrz where their kinsmen steal,steal and steal without developing their region. I think we should all think like civilized people at this stage of our existence for once.
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by ojigbijigbi: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2013
big pastor:
Kai!!!!!!!!
See how money miss road!!
What may have been used to empower several graduates.
I don't want to believe this is true!
How does this affect the price of garri in the market sad angry

big pastor.......indeed......wondering what u preach
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by DaLover(m): 11:03am On Sep 10, 2013
Mcjoke: It amazes me how some people here are shouting it's our money, it's our soil instead of calling a spade a spade. Do you people want to end up like northrz where their kinsmen steal,steal and steal without developing their region. I think we should all think like civilized people at this stage of our existence for once.

Under the current structure, people such as Tompolo will continue to rise, what we are shouting is that there should be resource control, everybody will sit up or die suffering

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by ojigbijigbi: 11:05am On Sep 10, 2013
big pastor:
Kai!!!!!!!!
See how money miss road!!
What may have been used to empower several graduates.
I don't want to believe this is true!
How does this affect the price of garri in the market sad angry

big pastor indeed ......wondering what u preach
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Concept(m): 11:13am On Sep 10, 2013
No 2 ways to it. A professional is hired to fix a problem but the problem is not only being delayed, it is getting worse. My people what do you think the employer should do? Nah sack now. Naija tire me, everything is lopsided.
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Emperor007: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2013

T.D. Jakes just mentioned ( gave testimony ) how gas is found in a house ( property ), he bought just 60 days ago.

You know what, the guy ( Tompolo ) should be richer, if Nigeria has been practicing what advanced countries do, example is U.S.A.

They've been cheated for too long, if oil or gas is found in your land ( property ), it naturally ( rightfully ) belong to you. You receive ( get ) what is due for you directly from the oil companies.

You've to understand the origin of something first, are they SS / SE being cheated or not?

We've got stuffs flowing in our ( family) lands in Abia, until things are managed the way it should be, it remains untouchable.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by concacid: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2013
IGBO-SON:
na waoh u really depict your name.

^^^Inasmuch as this story leaves a bad taste in the mouth, how different is this Tompolo guy to the thieving politicians, born-to-rule cabal, thieving contractors and lazy/jobless quota-system enabled civil servants (that spend a greater part of the working day cutting deals)?

It's his turn to chop, and those that have been chopping since the late 60s ( wearing the unmerited garb of respectable gentlemen) shouldn't begrudge him his own share abeg!

I tend to overlook all this b'cos anyone acting all holier-than-thou and taking umbrage at his latest acquisition need to first ask what kind of setup do we have in Nigeria that leads to the emergence of a 'Tompolo'; but to do this they first have to dislodge their block heads from the sand!

Tompolo carry go abeg.....na your oyel money be that bros......enjoy am! wink

PS-Anyone wey no like am fit go hug transformer!
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by DaLover(m): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2013
Emperor_007:

T.D. Jakes just mentioned ( gave testimony ) how gas is found in a house ( property ), he bought just 60 days ago.

You know what, the guy ( Tompolo ) should be richer, if Nigeria has been practicing what advanced countries do, example is U.S.A.

They've been cheated for too long, if oil or gas is found in your land ( property ), it naturally ( rightfully ) belong to you. You receive ( get ) what is due for you directly from the oil companies.

You've to understand the origin of something first, are they SS / SE being cheated or not?

We've got stuffs flowing in our ( family) lands in Abia, until things are managed the way it should be, it remains untouchable.

cool

Really Tompolo may actually have been richer if he found oil in his land, collaborated with technical pathners to exploit it and paid taxes o government! But selfish and our greedy most educated people will not accept this!

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Emperor007: 11:36am On Sep 10, 2013
DaLover:

Really Tompolo may actually have been richer if he found oil in his land, collaborated with technical pathners to exploit it and paid taxes o government! But selfish and our greedy most educated people will not accept this!

^^^

Yes, they should be richer for having oil and gas in their land.

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by confusion247(m): 11:51am On Sep 10, 2013
The problem is not One Nigeria. The earlier we do away with One Nigeria the better for all of us.
If i may ask the op, how come 80% oil well in Niger Delta is owned by northerners? Can a niger delta man own an oil well in sokoto?
As for Jonathan's 2015 reelection, that is a done deal. NO VACANCY in aso rock till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Oliveronline: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
For 40 yrs we de niger deltans watched as de northern elites squandered our resources...its time 4 we niger deltans 2 eat our money.if bunkering is de only way we can do dat so be it.
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by chucksbadt(m): 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2013
In other news or Anglican bishop aka bishop Kattey still remains m in the custody of kidnappers...... Read story here
https://www.nairaland.com/1430973/archbishop-kattey-kidnapped-gunmen

Still dunno yet d mod hasn't put this on front page 4over 2days nw
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by bakynes(m): 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
I want this country to split,Let's hold a referendum to that effect.Let each region go their seperate ways am tired of hearing its our Oyel money everytime. I am a Petroleum Engineer studied in the UK and I know Oil recession is coming soon in some countries in the next 50-100 yrs. Oil reserves will increase in other countries and the dependence of Oil is almost over. The west are doing everything to find alternatives to Oil and when that time comes I hope some pple won't cry out for help. I support the Emancipation of the Niger delta region, but of wat use is it if this same man who swore to fight for the freedom of his pple is nt giving back to Communities he swore to fight for. I do nt also support the Northerners owning most of the Oil blocs in the ND.But hold ur leaders responsible wen the oil recession begin, they fail to use the money for the good of their own pple bt to enrich themselves instead of the Land. SW will survive without your Oil who knows 2moro Oil reserves might increase in the SW. Split Nigeria
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by DaLover(m): 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
bakynes: I want this country to split,Let's hold a referendum to that effect.Let each region go their seperate ways am tired of hearing its our Oyel money everytime. I am a Petroleum Engineer studied in the UK and I know Oil recession is coming soon in some countries in the next 50-100 yrs. Oil reserves will increase in other countries and the dependence of Oil is almost over. The west are doing everything to find alternatives to Oil and when that time comes I hope some pple won't cry out for help. I support the Emancipation of the Niger delta region, but of wat use is it if this same man who swore to fight for the freedom of his pple is nt giving back to Communities he swore to fight for. I do nt also support the Northerners owning most of the Oil blocs in the ND.But hold ur leaders responsible wen the oil recession begin, they fail to use the money for the good of their own pple bt to enrich themselves instead of the Land. SW will survive without your Oil who knows 2moro Oil reserves might increase in the SW. Split Nigeria

Start right now, let us benefit from ur education, remember oil money was used to provide free and subsidized education for the SW.
Just as it is impossible for a bully to continuously prosper from taking forcfully from others,
The Nigerian nation cannot prosper by forcefully denying the minorities of their resources.

Every war or battle will have people that will profit, this does not and should not distract from the original struggle, which is freedom to exploit your God oven resources.
If asking for resource control annoys you to the extent that u which to leave he union, no wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by nokingasgod: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
The fear of the 9ja deltan insisting on the resource control fight and the over dependence on oil by the SW

enhhhhhh, so the SW is over dependent on oil! hmnnnnn grin
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
Standing5: Good for him. They want the Oyel money and now they have a part of it. Marginalization is almost over i guess. Give our son 4 years to complete the 'Good' work.
hilarious
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by takeprofit: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
DaLover: The truth is, Tompolo may or may not have made his money in the best way possible, like Jesus once said, let him without sin cast he first stone.
Looking across the terrain of the country, I can beat my chest to say that 98% of billionaires in this country can attribute their wealth to oil from the 9ja delta...and majority of them are because they were close affiliates to the military boys who controlled power through the gun...

So to a newbie to this topic or someone ignorant of the real issues, why is there so much emphasis on the ND militants who have made money?
The fear of the 9ja deltan insisting on the resource control fight and the over dependence on oil by the SW and the Core north,
The SW press have realized that by constantly focusing attention on the rich militants, the propaganda will be strong enuf to destroy the desire of the average 9ja deltan to fight for true resource control, the strategy is simple, play up the negative aspects of the struggle in the media and play down any positives...

I saw somewhere that if you keep telling a big lie long enuf, it seams to become true, even to the person or people being lied against.

Like I have always said, and keep saying, education is a means to an end, the end being a developed society, it isn't Enuf to laf at the 9ja deltans that they are not educated, it would also be nice for this country to begin to benefit from the much touted well educated resources of the SW. If put to proper use, can generate much more money that oil, which is presently driving the media in the SW crazy with tompolos money.
fact: Israel with no oil or natural resource and a population of 6mllion people, generates about $100b in revenues, same as nigeria with a population of 150 million.
The population of the SW maybe at least 35million can definitely do better than over reliance on 9ja delta oil, and who and who in the 9ja delta is buing planes or not.

dont mind them. when criminals like t.y. danjuma ibb, and abacha who overthrew legitimate governments in nigeria throw billions of naira around, they wont see it. it is tompolo who fought against the neglect of the niger deltans that they will see well.

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
idupaul:

Get Black friends then so u can explain to them
if he get black frnds he may not need to even explain because they r familier with the situation
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Billygee2u: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
Joysmart: tell that to your pastors.

Tell that to the governors too
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
Wadeoye: ND emancipation indeed. I hope these so called ND people will not come and start shouting environmental problems, negligence, lack of infrastructure when GEJ leaves power. You have power now and militants are buying private jets, etc instead of addressing the real issues facing the region.

militants and politicians r real issues facing the region and they r bn addressed by GEJ
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by daddymuna: 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
leave him, he has just bought his ticket to hell. that jet gonna kill him one day.
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by digospel2: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
Na your time Tompo, use am well.
After all many mallams like babagida, atiku, abacha, abdulsalami, turai etc has been enjoying the oil wealth since independence

1 Like

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Goldenboy007(m): 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
Oh Nigeria...This reminds me of a TV series here in US...The walking dead..where most people in one country turned to Zombies except for few. I took my time to go through most comments and discovered that majority their intellectual souls are dead. I used to believe that Nigerian Youths were the victims but recently i am having a rethink, chronic insidious poverty like that of the zombie virus has eaten deep into their social value core functionality. Nigeria hasn't witnessed the chaos yet, lets wait till this particular generation are fully grown then we shall know the mother of all insanity. These same youths majority have either graduated but helplessly unemployed or their universities have been closed down for ages, they don't give a hoot..all they want is a taste of any loot the way zombies seek blood. No wonder your government are not bothered about opening your universities, are you guys not a sample of what the universities are churning out as graduates? You passionately lay claims to tribal sentiments; I am proud Niger Deltan or Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa...poverty has impoverished your consciousness while wallowing in your vain glory. From Tinubu to Asari Dokubo, GEJ to OBJ, Babangida to David Mark, Dangote to Adenuga, Alakija to Stella Oduah...they are all from the same tribe !!! they are billionaires! you think they care about you or tribe? I don't pity you all because you have manipulated your futures already but may God help your children and children's children. The gods must be crazy !

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by ogbronx(m): 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
Osama10: When I say this country is finished people start wondering,can u imagine this happening in any other part of this world?

A militant?
walahi! finished and gone! Even more painful is Nigerians dont take serious issues seriously.
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by playboy19(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
Welcome to Nigeria, the dem of thieves! wink cry
ogbronx: walahi! finished and gone! Even more painful is Nigerians dont take serious issues seriously.

The almighty rule to making it in nigeria is "be creative". Either in a bad way or a good. The bad way is more advisable though.

Sigh! Quite pathetic.
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by Everfrank(m): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
This jet surely belongs to GEJ and could have been purchased for arms importation. Watch out for he will soon own a private airport or a landing strip. The Nigerian Army is bleeped- this is a killer that they should have covertly wasted despite the so called amnesty. He has killed many of them and they are watching him preparing for more bloodshed.
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by autchkings: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
O BOY CHECK OUT D JET NA.
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by KENFERDYOORI(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
the_ripper3: So TY Danjuma, Alakija and the other thieves can own an oil bloc in Niger Delta and amass so much wealth and a son of the soil shouldn't tap into the same grace?

Bunch of jokers. Naija na opportunity, when e reach ur turn, chop and quench.

BUT DON'T HE THINK THERE IS ANOTHER WAY OF USING THIS MONEY THAN BUYING A JET WHICH ONLY THE MAINTENANCE WILL COST HIM ALOT. I BELIEVE THERE IS AN ELEMENT OF PRIDE HERE, LOL!
Re: Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet by autonomy: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2013
This country has already been sold,its just that our evacuation has not been announced.The next news you should watch out for is EX-BOKO HARAM LEADER BUYS NIEGERIA REFINARY.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike / Photos From Seyi Tinubu 34th Birthday Dinner / Another Man Shot At Ekiti APC Rally, Man Trying To Save Him Victim Of Pickpocket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.