Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa (10903 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Police Command. See Photos: / Gov. Fashola Hands Over New Area ‘c’ Police Command In Surulere / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by 3ace(m): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
This is laudable.
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by moscobabs(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
Big ojoro...where is Taraba and Borno states police? how many war did Lagos state police faced that make them ranked 1st?,killing the innocent citizens and bribery and their laziness makes them No 1?....I disagree !!!!
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by 3ace(m): 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
Community Orientation(100%); Physical Condition(96.67%); Equal treatment of the public (96. 67%) ;Transparency and Accountability (100%) and detention condition(100%).
Other police stations should take the above factors seriously for better operation.
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by ShineIt: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
This is a joke right? I mean are you serious?
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by Seriousbusiness: 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
colombiana: for Christ sake must it always be ibo vs yoruba on this nairaland. Others are here too so pls take ur chicken fight elsewhere

God bless U.Pls ignore them .
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by eio2013: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Stop fooling urself.
The police stations are taking care of by corporate organisations especially VI.
Hw many vehicles and equipments have been donated by this corporate organisation.
Stop giving kudos where it is not merited.
kudos should go to d corporate bodies.

agbameta: Kudos to Fashola and the government of the state of Lagos..
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by eio2013: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Who will give u state police?
LASTMA, VIO, KAI, LG tugs, Omoles', Agberos are enough reason not to have state police especially in lagos.

obitwo: Just imagine what kind of Police Lagos would have if we had state police

Eko o ni baje

Ile Oduduwa o ni baje

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by telexfree1: 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Good news
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by eio2013: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
Yes oh! Just the way Channels exposed the Anambra deportation blunder by Lagos state government a.k.a. fashola govt.

skyfall: PDP had 14yrs but what have they done about the police? Nothing!

It took Channels TV to scream out for them to hypocritically start the renovation of the animal pen call Police Training College in Ikeja.

And it's these same people they give guns to follow them about.
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by 3ace(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
berem: Most crimes committed by police officers ranging from bribery scandal to unlawful killing of innocent lives to harrassment of Nigerians are done by policemen in Lagos. So why should they be ranked top in Africa? angry

Arrant nonsense!!
I agree with you but these particular stations might have police officers devoid of such allegations you put up there. In as much as I've had some terrible experiences with them, I believe they are not all the same. For instance, if most females I have encountered seem to be materialistic, would it be right for me to conclude that you are also like them even though I've not met you?
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by back2sender: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
VERY CORRECT ON THIS. most of the rogues in the police are not Yoruba's the truth be said. iam from edo and edo pple are part of the bad eggs giving the police a bad name. I will not defend rubbish
bloggernaija: Yorubas generally shy away from the police force and the army as those 2 institution are regarded as dirty.
The police command in my hometown once had vacancies advertise for 6month without anybody applying
Personally , I think the best thing that will ever happen to the SW is to have state police.
That way , bribe taking and people killing outsiders/villager can be transferred back to their states.
This is not to say that the yorubas in those institutions are not equally guilty but my bad experiences with the police had always been with outsiders
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by KHbaby(f): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hmmmm! the same police that helped a complainant retrieve money from a client and up to this minute refuse to release the money to the complainant for over 3months now. Ok o, una well done.
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by 3ace(m): 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
KH-baby:
Hmmmm! the same police that helped a complainant retrieve money from a client and up to this minute refuse to release the money to the complainant for over 3months now. Ok o, una well done.
Are these guilty police officers from the listed police stations in the report? Why are you people not being objective? The report didn't say "all police in Lagos State".
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by solomon111(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
Kudos to the FG for strengthening the lagos state police command to cope with the pecuilarities of lagos state.
Fresh air!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by AntiSerious: 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
Gbawe:

Indeed. Fashola has decried this situation many times. I.e the way the FG abandon the NPF and leave the Government agency at the mercy of States yet will not let States assume full control to create their own modern and effective police forces.

The FG's handling of the NPF is 'criminal' to say the least with conscientious Governors forced to take up the duty of the FG and equip the NPF while callous Governors simply abandon the people to their fate. They can justify their stance via saying it is the duty of the FG and they would be right. Yet we all know no price, for a decent administrator, can be placed on the safety of the citizenry. I don't know why Nigeria cannot protest against a situation where N18 billion is callously budgeted to maintain the air fleet of the President while only N11 billion is voted to equip men and women of the NPF. Absolutely crazy Country.

http://spotonreporters.com/fashola-a-legacy-sustained/

Long yarnz
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by Gbawe: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I must use this to recourse to the point some have made: Nigeria must become a true federation if she must progress. The State police is symptomatic of problems bedeviling other sectors of our nation. Curiously, I happen to gather the Supreme court ruled in favour of the LASG in regulating tourism, I can't recall details, but I hope that precedent cascades into other aspects so we can at least, see how well a quasi-federation goes till we achive a true one: it so happens I'm a strong federalist, I don't remember a time not being such.

I agree. Yet the biggest challenge we face is how those opposed to that concept keep managing to get their gradualists into power at the centre (OBJ, Yar Adua and now GEJ) so that the bastardization of our federal structure, which renders it a sad caricature of what it should/must be, continues.
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
mascot87:
Don't pretend as if you aren't obsessed with Yorubas.All these igbo people self sad
mumu which tribe is showing obsession here?
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by hardbody: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
obitwo: Just imagine what kind of Police Lagos would have if we had state police

Eko o ni baje

Ile Oduduwa o ni baje

Just in case you do not get the point let me tell you how it will be.

Flashback to the LASTMA touts grappling with drivers and settling scores with fists.

Then fast forward to Policemen uniformed and given guns with tax payers money (my tax rate is 15.5% and can pay some people's salary especially if you are on N1.2m pa), they are basically illiterates, weed smokers and mostly irrational and to a large extent Yorubas.

Imagine the civility you will expect to receive (especially if you neither speak nor understand Yoruba Yoruba), compound that with the number of deliberate accidental discharges (guns in place of fisticuffs), and then think about their justice mentality.(You are always guilty as charged in their courts) and then they are lurking at dead ends and blind alleys waiting to catch a defaulting culprit infact in some instances they goad you on to fall into their trap especially if you are new in an environment.

For avoidance of doubt, state police will mean recruitment of more indigenous agberos (localized to tribal yoruba) into the supposedly organised policing affair. this is unlike what we have now where officers of various states of origin are posted to Lagos state and intermingle. It is actually very possible that the officers that won the accolade for Lagos state are not Yorubas, so let us not get it twisted.

If State Police should ever work, definitely not in Lagos State, this is not a Fashola issue, it is in built in some people to be pugilistic and pugnacious, add the spark of guns and bullets and some trivial knowledge of barks and woods from the forest and they will run amok. Ask OPC.....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by Afroconnect: 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
Kudos to Fashola and the Lagos state Government team.The Lagos state security trust fund is a very wise initiative that really boosted the fire power and mobility of security forces in the state.
it also led to the introduction of OP MENSA.
I advise other state governors to emulate Lagos state and create such security trust fund initiatives in their states.
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by Afroconnect: 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
moscobabs: Big ojoro...where is Taraba and Borno states police? how many war did Lagos state police faced that make them ranked 1st?,killing the innocent citizens and bribery and their laziness makes them No 1?....I disagree !!!!
guy you are sick,if they are lazy,Lagos state would have been overrun by criminals because of the wealth in it.please go and wash your brain.
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by meine: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
This is an expensive joke,someone should be fired for posting this. shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by samseen02(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
A good result from NPF Lagos bt Alakara police Station getting ranked here with that %. Mmmh... I'm speechless for now
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by phineas: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2013
There are always bad elements in every organization but the lagos state police is a very organized group.Now for all who don't know,all organizations with expatraite communities have security units that work closely with the police as such wherever they sense any trouble their security unit informs the policeand they turn up in any part of lagos it may be happening at.

I have experienced the police arriving in 15mins of boys just attempting to start trouble and the sirens alone did the trick before they arrived,also the provision of armoured Personel Carriers by the state for the police aided their ability and confidence to combat crime effectively so they actually turn up.

Add the sea patrol unit,everyone who cares to know will realize for the population of lagos its crime stat will probably be the best in Africa.

Give them some kudos pple,their system is also a victim of the Nigerian story,but they have recorded some success despite all,let's say something good when there is something good to be said.

To all the men and women of the police force who try to do their jobs properly,despite poor motivation from the state,I say thank you,and pray one day the nation will reward you.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by plaindealer: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
Lagos state command and control center..

Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by Odunharry(m): 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2013
kudos to d Nigerian Police Force on this..
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by emeka94(m): 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2013
although the call for state police by fashola and other governors is a welcomed idea, it is neither feasible or applicable in nigeria. nigerians have a history of nepotism and "indigene" bulshit. an imo will not work in abia because the abia govt wont employ him and vice versa. this illustration is not restricted to abia and imo alone, it is a common occurance in nigeria. take a look the high institutions in the country and tell me if i dey lie. as sad as it may sound the NPF is one of the few loose strings holding nigeria and nigerians together. the FG is not easily given to the indigene madness that is dividing the country even among people of the same tribe. one NPF PLEASE.
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by yomexp(m): 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
I once heard sporadic gun shots on my street in the evening -Iju Ishaga to be precise. immediately i called the emergency number 767 and reported the incidence. believe you me under 15minute two police patrol van arrived on my street with atleast 8 policemen heavily armed.

mehn! i became a fashola believer from that day. guy fashola they try.
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by plaindealer: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
FGfg.

Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by mascot87(m): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
9jadelta: mumu which tribe is showing obsession here?
All these ig-gbo people sha,we give up.I wouldnt insult u ok, we know u people
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by MightyThor(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Humm..... i don't have a problem with Victora Island Police Command being the best but did they also look at other areas?
Victoria Island is a high class area where the residents have their own private security personnel and in some area they secure the whole streets, what of places like oshodi, ebute-meta, amukoko etc, those are the area where they should do focus on as these areas tend to be the criminal flash points! if they can transform these middle and low class area police station also then they deserve the top ranking.

It is like comparing VI, VGC or Maitama (if they have one there) police stations and officer with the ones in places like Ajegunle or dutse. those highbrow area know the kind of personality that live there and they will keep up appearance to "keep face"

I give kudos to the Lagos state government for their efforts but i somehow feel that it was done for "show", like those days during my school days when during inspections the best dressed pupile is always presented while those that are unkempt even though brilliant are told to hide or given "free day"
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by lastpage: 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2013
All these "cash-for-praise" awards that make Ibori the most honest man in Nigeria, Jona-daft the most intelligent Presido nigeria ever had, OBJ the most honest Presido Nigeria ever had, IBB the most cruel (okay, that one is right on the button), PDP the best Party in Africa, Tinubu the least corrupt governor to ever rule in Nigeria, Police the best friend of a Nigerian, e.t.c!.....are just not even worth the paper they are written on.

If they give you this kind of award, l bet your gateman will even refuse to use the paper to clean nyash ...after poopoo!

But we like to deceive ourselves and live in a fools paradise with all sorts of useless paid-for award.!

Oya, V.I Police station, l hope your own bail is free and all those "checkpoint" along Bar beach road is free of #50 nore huh?
How about stop & search pus illegal detention?
How about extra-judicial killings?

I hear you guys have even steeped itup by harassing citizens who record your criminality on thoer own phone?

Nonsense and ingredients a.k.a Chief Eleyinmi! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Lagos Police Command Rank Top In Africa by Xriss: 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
I wonder what all the excitement is for........

There are over 50 countries in Africa and only 6 participated in this circus and it is titled best police command in Africa......I mean 6 out of over 50

Now let us consider the other countries competing with Nigeria.....Benin.....Cameroon.....Kenya.......Liberia......Ghana.....come on guys pls...

Whatever happened to South Africa, Botswana, Angola, Tunisia, Mauritius, etc

Now it has turned to PDP vs APC or Igbo vs Yoruba........

Nairaland is becoming a sick place......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interim Report Of Presidential Committee On The Audit Of Defence Equipment / Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke / If You Know People Who Know People Then You’ve Probably Heard This Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.