Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! (34405 Views)

Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Mintayo(m): 10:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
15 ways to know if you're ready for Marriage:

(1). If you believe that you must always have the last say in an argument,you are not ready for marriage.

(2). If you don't like anyone invading your space,you are not ready.

(3). If you're a lady,and you don't cook or don't like to,your marriage is not likely to be easy or funny.

(4). If you always say things exactly how they come to your mind not caring who is hurt,your marriage is likely to crash.

(5). If you believe you are who you are and no one can change that,you're not ready.

(6). If you think about others when you've fully sorted yourself out,you're not ready.

(7). If you are so good about holding a grudge and you will only let go when you feel like,stay unmarried.

(.8.). If you're a man and you are not engaged in ventures or a process in time that can financially take care of your immediate family and
beyond,you need to give yourself a few more years to be ready.

(9). If as a man,you're easily swayed and pressurized to do things against your wish,you are not ready for marriage.

(10). If you believe that women at best should be good in bed and kitchen affairs only,you will end up having a bitter and subdued wife;stay away.

(11). If your mind can't conceive the thought of having a more successful wife,even if it is temporary,then you have little growing up to do.

(12). If you have no confidence in your capability and your future,you have no business taking someone else with you.

(13). If as a man,you don't have a mentor or leader you follow,listen or defer to,you're not going to be able to lead your family.

(14). If you can't have wedding ceremony within a budget you can personally afford,give yourself more time. Who says you can't have 20 guests or less at your wedding? Cut your coat according to your cloth and take responsibility. As a man, you can define how small or large you want your wedding ceremony to be and be able to handle it.

(15). If you have anger problem such that you can destroy things when you are angry, get a therapist to help you in managing it. Otherwise engage God's help for the change you seek. With anger issues,you're a disaster waiting to explode.
Marriage is an investment, what you put into it is what comes out of it!
You Want to Add Something?
(Judith Imagoro).

75 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Godysien(m): 10:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
A good one bro...thumbs up man.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Mintayo(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2013
Godysien: A good one bro...thumbs up man.

thanks...
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by mikeljims(m): 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
Alright..... okada man stop me here.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by adexsimply(m): 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
If I hear..
Na by force to get mentor? undecided

17 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Hopewokoma(f): 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nice one. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by bignene(m): 3:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
nice one,pls keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by faitheverest(f): 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
Good piece!
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Herjide(m): 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
hmmmm nice one... U make sense
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Billygee2u: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
This is great,remain blessed
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by club12: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
THANKS!!!!!
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by crystalballs: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
ok
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by azibit: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
Kai what a perfect truth.
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by momodub: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
sad true talk
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by mikeljims(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
And to summarize it all.

If you are rich you can forget the whole 15 points and go get em anytime anywhere..

Thank you...oya okada let's go.

12 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by tobezekiel(f): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
i dont think there is anything wrong in no4

1 Like

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by greedie1(f): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
good one
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by braine(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
If you're among the end timers and the 'firstus de commentus' people, you're definitely not ready.

6 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by YoshiMaster: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
After checking my account balance, I have decided that I'm not ready, I refuse for my children to grow up to be garri warriors.

20 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by bjprodint(f): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
noted!
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Ruthia(f): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
True talk, i'm qualified, but i neva reach... Tell me again in 3-4 years time
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by swtcharissa(f): 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nice...
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Majikals(m): 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Thank God O,am not ready
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
1. You are not ready for marriage if you're unemployed.
2. You're not ready for marriage if you spend most of your time on nairaland.
3. You're not ready for marriage if you're a fan of indecency movies.
4. You're not ready for marriage if you live in a room apartment.
There is more to marriage than having the best character or mindset, you need money too!!!

30 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by BabaEleko(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
All my homeboys and girls getting divorced, end time tins. Ffuucckkk marriage. I stay loyal to my oloshos for life!!!!!!!!! #TeamOlosho

3 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by MrAboki: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
Utter rubbish

Mintayo: 15 ways to know if you're ready for Marriage:

(1). If you believe that you must always have the last say in an argument,you are not ready for marriage.

I beg to differ...

Mintayo: (2). If you don't like anyone invading your space,you are not ready.

Erm.... Nobody loves their space more than I do. I love being left alone. But then again, I realize that I have a duty to my wife. Left to me, I would rather be left alone and she knows it and tries to respectt my space as much as possible..

Mintayo: (3). If you're a lady,and you don't cook or don't like to,your marriage is not likely to be easy or funny.

I agree with you on this to an extent.. I'm a foodie and love to eat home cooked meals. BUT!! Its understandable if a woman does not know how to cook| does not like to cook. NOT ALL WOMEN MUST KNOW HOW TO COOK. However, I strongly believe that every woman must make an attempt to learn how to cook, even if she fails at it.

Mintayo: (4). If you always say things exactly how they come to your mind not caring who is hurt,your marriage is likely to crash.

You have never met my mother.. OR my wife. These two women dont know how to mince words.. angry

If it looks like shiit, smells like shiit then best believe that they will tell you that it is 'SHIIT' and theywouldnt even try to rebrand it and call it 'feaces'.

Mintayo: (5). If you believe you are who you are and no one can change that,you're not ready.

If you believe that a Man|Woman can change who you are or that you can change a person, then I think you have already failed even before you start. If shes a round Peg and you are a square hole, dont think you can change her to fit, there will always be space.

Mintayo: (6). If you think about others when you've fully sorted yourself out,you're not ready.

Hahahaaa... Well. How can you solve other peoples problems when you havent solved yours. grin

Mintayo: (7). If you are so good about holding a grudge and you will only let go when you feel like,stay unmarried.

If this were true, I would still be single.

But guess what?! I no longer hold grudges. Infact, I consider it to be a waste of time and energy. But before and as at the time of my weddings, I was still very much a grudge holder.

Mintayo: (8.). If you're a man and you are not engaged in ventures or a process in time that can financially take care of your immediate family and beyond,you need to give yourself a few more years to be ready.

[b]Another dilly point.. No offence

Unfortunately, a source of income to feed your family is as fickle as life. A friend of mine who had a job with a bank as at when he got married, lost his job 3 months to the arrival of his firs child and stayed without a job or tangible source of income for 2 years after the childs birth. Today things are back up. I will agree that if as at the time of getting married, you dont have a job, then please cease and desist.. But having a job or a source of income is very secondary in the grand scheme of things as far as the fundamentals for marriage is concerned.

Mintayo: (9). If as a man,you're easily swayed and pressurized to do things against your wish,you are not ready for marriage.

[b]If your spouse cant make you do things against your wish, then you people shouldnt be married.. grin I'm serious..

Thats why its very important that you find the right person for you because if that marriage is based on true love and affection, your spouses would most times have the power to sway your solid decision. I remember how I got to school abroad. My father had said NO!! My mother just told me to leave the matter up to her.. Today, all my siblings are abroad schooling (the last ones are still in secondary school sef) ... grin

Thats the power of a partner..

Mintayo: (10). If you believe that women at best should be good in bed and kitchen affairs only,you will end up having a bitter and subdued wife;stay away.

ANY WOMAN WHO ISNT GOOD IN BED & CANT COOK, Yet plans to be married and keep a man faithful IS PLAYING LUDO WITH THE DEVIL.. . I will agree with you here because of the word 'ONLY' in that point..

Mintayo: (11). If your mind can't conceive the thought of having a more successful wife,even if it is temporary,then you have little growing up to do.

Hmmmm... Well, I can conceive it, live with it but dont agree that any man should be comfortable in himself knowing that his wife is more successful than he is.. The solution however shouldnt be to pull her down, but to climb to her level and surpass her.

Mintayo: (12). If you have no confidence in your capability and your future,you have no business taking someone else with you.

I agree with you to an extent..

But I will say it like this; If you have no confidence in yourself, then you have no business marrying someone who shares the same opinion about you. I say this because a partner can be a major motivating factor in a persons life. I'm not even talking financially, but also morally.

Mintayo: (13). If as a man,you don't have a mentor or leader you follow,listen or defer to,you're not going to be able to lead your family.

FA! FAA! FAAAAA! FAAAAAAAAAWWWWL.. A mentor is only as good as the people you have around you. I cant even say I have a mentor or role model per se.. Not everybody must have a leader|Mentor. Sometimes, all you need is a dream|vision|principle|mantra|standard|etc and the steadfastness to pursue|stick to it and you are fine..

Mintayo: (14). If you can't have wedding ceremony within a budget you can personally afford,give yourself more time. Who says you can't have 20 guests or less at your wedding? Cut your coat according to your cloth and take responsibility. As a man, you can define how small or large you want your wedding ceremony to be and be able to handle it.

[b]This is so funny!!

Any NIGERIAN that has ever gotten married knows that this one is very very impossible. Budget for wedding?! How!!? You want tell your Umunnas say na only 10 people fit attend from village?! Or you wan make Yoruba man tell ehn people say na on 5 people fit attend the Owambe?! Or make Aboki tell ehn Hommies say the Kunu for the wedding na for only 10 feefle?! LOL

My guy Mbuk fogerrabout!!. This happens 1 in 200 Nigerian weddings. The budget of a wedding almost, always exceeds the couples planned budget.

My standard advice is that one comes out plain and honest to the family members about their true financial status and ability, do the best they can, solicit help from friends and family and just get married.. Everything somehow sorts itself out on the wedding day.. Left to me alone, I couldnt have afforded my wedding cost. I came out clean to both families and got help..

No one couple can foot the bill of a wedding alone, except you are marrying Chief Sweetus Oyoyo Banana Icecream Boy YUZEDO... grin
[/b]

Mintayo: (15). If you have anger problem such that you can destroy things when you are angry, get a therapist to help you in managing it. Otherwise engage God's help for the change you seek. With anger issues,you're a disaster waiting to explode.
Marriage is an investment, what you put into it is what comes out of it!

If this were true, then my mum and my wife shouldnt be married women.

[b]Abokis Last Advice:: What I have always told people is that no two marriages are the same..

I once told my mother to her face that if I were married to her, I would beat her almost everyday. Guess what, my father has never once hit her ever before. I guess this has to do with their personalities. My father is the cool, quiet, calm type.. My mum is the hot tempered, quick anger, yell and shout type.. So the more she yells, the calmer my dad is.

My wife is a little like my mum.. She gets angry, picks up vases and smashes them, cries, yells and has even once grabbed my shirt.. Funny! I have never hit her before. I simply get angry, hold a grudge that can last for weeks|months.. Until she comes and apologises or we just simply move on.

I personally feel the most important thing in Marriage is finding the right partner.. The right partner being someone you can live and spend the rest of your life with. Someone who you can live with through thick and thin. Someone who if they slip tomorrow and fall on the floor, disfiguring their face, you can still look at them in their scarred face and smile. Someone who makes you better than you are. Basically, the person that appeals to you.. Your perfect match may not be another persons perfect match. The perfect partner sef doesnt have to be a good cook, or a Havard school graduate, or the most romantic, or God-fearing and whatever else you read in all these marriage books and DVDs.. There is no such thing as the perfect time to be married.. You can never be fully prepared for marriage. There is no perfect manual for marriage. Some marriages if put on T.V will look as fvcked up as shiit, but between the couple, they are in heaven, and thats what matters.

P.S:: I am not even 30years old sef and I'm married.. Till tomorrow, I still cant believe I got married at the stage in life where my mates are still balling. I have never been able to answer myself as to why I married so early in life as a guy!

Nuff said from Mr. Aboki aka Mr. Romantic Aboki.. grin...
[/b]

78 Likes

Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by jmoore(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
I don't need a mentor. Is it rocket science? Thanks
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by demelza: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
I like my space and I love having the last word in arguments.
I never ready then
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by switdil(f): 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
smiley smiley
Tnks OP
Now I know m just HALF ready
Ll work on d rest
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
I neva get money guess am nt ready yet but can i use my papa money marry wife
Re: Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! by Ralphlauren(m): 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
rubbish.

nobody is ever 100 percent ready for marriage.

marriage is a school. you keep learning every single day.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Abandons Wife Abroad For Trading With Her Body / Mother Humiliates Man For Visiting Her Teen Daughter (video) / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.