Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Sample Of Letter Of Application - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sample Of Letter Of Application (992275 Views)

Nigeria Police Academy Begins Sale Of Application Forms / Pls Can Some One Help Me With A Sample Of A Recent Standard CV. / The Perfect "Letter Of Application" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
This thread is just what we need. God bless the O.P.

Anyways

Perfectdanny sha
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by onos217(m): 3:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
Lets some other persons post application letter for the post of an Electrical/Electronics Engineer and other fields.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Jonwesley(m): 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jadeite:

OK sir, I understand. Point(s) noted. I apologise. Ofcourse, I'd let you rest...A few of us still want to know/learn. Please, can you kindly help out? Thanks in anticipation..... I just sent you a PM.

You are always welcome please.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Clashy(m): 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Wonderful,I love this family of mine"NAIRALAND"home of sages.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by stancod(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
Consultant:
This is not an attempt to criticize you in anyway Funsho cause you're doing a great job here. I made a few changes to your letter, to make it sound better grammatically.

4, Asa street,
                                                                            Ikeja Lagos.
                                                                            Ist June,2006.

The Human resources Manager,
ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
  Oyo state

Dear sir,

APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CHIEF ACCOUNTANT

I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of Chief Accountant. I graduated from XYZ University with a degree in Accounting (2nd Class Honours, Upper Division). In addition I have a  Masters degree in finance, proffessional qualification (ACA), and many years of cognate experience.

I understand that this post requires a candidate with a strong analytical mind, a self starter who must be able to work with little supervision. I possess these attributes and they have served me well in the past - ensuring my rapid promotion by my previous employers.

I would appreciate an opportunity to interview with you and demonstrate to you first hand that i am an excellent fit for this position. You may contact me at the above address or through my telephone number 08038363655. I have also attached my resume for your perusal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
                                                                                   Adekunle Olufunso
  ATT'D
  CV

Consultant:
This is not an attempt to criticize you in anyway Funsho cause you're doing a great job here. I made a few changes to your letter, to make it sound better grammatically.

4, Asa street,
                                                                            Ikeja Lagos.
                                                                            Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
  Oyo state

Dear sir,

I read with extreme interest your advertisement in The Guardian Newspaper of May 30th 2006 for the post of Chief Accountant. I graduated from XYZ University with a degree in Accounting (2nd Class Honours, Upper Division). In addition I have a  Masters degree in finance, proffessional qualification (ACA), and many years of cognate experience.

I understand that this post requires a candidate with a strong analytical mind, a self starter who must be able to work with little supervision. I possess these attributes and they have served me well in the past - ensuring my rapid promotion by my previous employers.

I would appreciate an opportunity to interview with you and demonstrate to you first hand that i am an excellent fit for this position. You may contact me at the above address or through my telephone number 08038363655. I have also attached my resume for your perusal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
                                                                                   Adekunle Olufunso
  ATT'D
  CV

[quote author=Consultant post=401262]This is not an attempt to criticize you in anyway Funsho cause you're doing a great job here. I made a few changes to your letter, to make it sound better grammatically.

4, Asa street,
                                                                            Ikeja Lagos.
                                                                            Ist June,2006.

ABC Nigeria Limited.
4, Tom street, Ibadan
  Oyo state

Dear sir,

I understand that this post requires a candidate with a strong analytical mind, a self starter who must be able to work with little supervision
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by igwegeorgiano(m): 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
for those of us who doent know how write app lette, its time to come and learn
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by OZYL: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2016
House pls I want to know I was told of address of the addressee has been changed from right to left is that true?
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by collinsoft(m): 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
Can someone proof read this

Dear Sir,

My name is XYZ, a graduate of Electrical Electronic Engineering  from University of Benin,a dynamic and result driven enthusiast with business management related engagement seeking for an opening as a warehouse manager and I believe my experience, academic skills and training in engineering field will make me a better candidate for this job.

‎I have over the years acquired proven key skills with vast experience as a project engineer preparing technical and commercial tender document for potential contract/project while managing key operational facilities within challenging and changing oil and gas sector and I know this requisite experience will complement my application for this job role in your organization. 

My career within the oil and gas sector demonstrates comprehensive understanding of Facility Management with Business Development skills which was built over seven(7) years working experience supervising and coordinating product receipt and trucking out of product on a continual basis, taking inventory of stock records considering quantity received, loss and tank product was received into, training of staff on relevant courses and daily personal interactions that help reduce conflict amongst workers.

As a project engineer and currently a depot supervisor, my work schedule include but not limited to day to day supervision of operation within the depot, preparation of tender documents from RFQ, planning a robust schedule for maintenance and repair of faulty equipment both fixed and mobile that ensures reduced operational breakdown and downtime, managing limited operational float while achieving set targets, preparation of dayend sales report, taking stock record and carrying out stock reconciliation, representing company in pre-bid meeting, preparation of MoM and site visit.

My work ethics, training and experience has enabled me manage and deliver team training to multi-cultured and multi-disciplined teams through control  of internal process, focus on targeted KPIs, reporting structure and managing human and material resources available to achieve company objectives and goals.

I also have good interpretation of Piping and Instrumentation design drawing, knowledge of the use of Primavera software and Microsoft Project Management software for scheduling and monitoring of project to ensure timely completion of cost effective projects.
 ‎
I look forward to an opportunity for interview to discuss more about my experience, expertise and skills as they relate to this job opening in your organization .‎

Very Truly Yours
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Seun360(m): 9:07am On Jul 14, 2016
An educating thread.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by tonerospeaks: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2016
All this story for application letter?
collinsoft:

Dear Sir,

My name is XYZ, a graduate of Electrical Electronic Engineering  from University of Benin,a dynamic and result driven enthusiast with business management related engagement seeking for an opening as a warehouse manager and I believe my experience, academic skills and training in engineering field will make me a better candidate for this job.

‎I have over the years acquired proven key skills with vast experience as a project engineer preparing technical and commercial tender document for potential contract/project while managing key operational facilities within challenging and changing oil and gas sector and I know this requisite experience will complement my application for this job role in your organization. 

My career within the oil and gas sector demonstrates comprehensive understanding of Facility Management with Business Development skills which was built over seven(7) years working experience supervising and coordinating product receipt and trucking out of product on a continual basis, taking inventory of stock records considering quantity received, loss and tank product was received into, training of staff on relevant courses and daily personal interactions that help reduce conflict amongst workers.

As a project engineer and currently a depot supervisor, my work schedule include but not limited to day to day supervision of operation within the depot, preparation of tender documents from RFQ, planning a robust schedule for maintenance and repair of faulty equipment both fixed and mobile that ensures reduced operational breakdown and downtime, managing limited operational float while achieving set targets, preparation of dayend sales report, taking stock record and carrying out stock reconciliation, representing company in pre-bid meeting, preparation of MoM and site visit.

My work ethics, training and experience has enabled me manage and deliver team training to multi-cultured and multi-disciplined teams through control  of internal process, focus on targeted KPIs, reporting structure and managing human and material resources available to achieve company objectives and goals.

I also have good interpretation of Piping and Instrumentation design drawing, knowledge of the use of Primavera software and Microsoft Project Management software for scheduling and monitoring of project to ensure timely completion of cost effective projects.
 ‎
I look forward to an opportunity for interview to discuss more about my experience, expertise and skills as they relate to this job opening in your organization .‎

Very Truly Yours

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by collinsoft(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
I asked for a proof read

I need expert advice on the length, punctuation and other necessary correction
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
collinsoft:

Dear Sir,

‎

Very Truly Yours
this is a cover letter, is quite impressive but is advisable to delete some part of it, is jus too lengthy

3 Likes

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by femijohn21(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nice one
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by darm2009: 7:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
Thanks
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by freshersdoor: 11:15am On Jan 04, 2017
Flot 235, Block 4, Flat 7,
Off Aminu Kano Way,
Maitama, Abuja.
23rd May 2010.

The Human Resources Manager,
Standand Charterd Bank,
Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent
Wuse 2, Abuja.
Dear sir/Ma,

I read with extreme interest your advertisement publish in the Guardian Newspaper dated on may 20th 2010 wish to apply for the post of Chief Accountant in your financial institution. I am a graduate of xyz university with a B.sc degree in Accounting(2nd Class Honours). In addition, I have a Master degree in Finance and a proffessional qualification in Oracle 11g and ACA(am a database administrator)with many years of cognate experience.
I would appreciate if i may be called to have an interview with you.You may contact me at the above address or through my mobile line 08033,
Attach here are my resume for your perusal. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yes , in this the letter format is quite different and easy. everyone can follow this and is found in this letter.

Yours faithfully,
xyz.

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by sachinsadhukha(m): 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
An job application-letter should be written with care. Do mention why you are fit for this role. Highlight you strengths ,skills.Don't forget to include your related experience needed for the the job.At last do include a cover letter as managers are very busy people. Keep your application letter short and simple! If you dont know the format how to write an application letter then here is the format-

https://lettersguru.com/letters/application-letter/
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by arowz56(m): 9:18am On Apr 07, 2017
Jonwesley:

Really, what is this fashionista saying? Yes that I didn't have all that time to correct the errors, doesn't mean I can't say the obvious noticeable errors there. It's funny that people like the poster of that application, even though it was posted 10 years ago who to me has a lot of inadequacies in writing essay and particularly an Application letter could boldly come on a forum like this to display his writing prowess which is far below average.

It would have been humble enough to ask for help or be guided rather than putting a half baked or a poorly written application as a model for others, and in the process attracting all manner of responses from people that includes those ignorant than him and who woul have thought they have gotten a model to follow. A blind man leading a blind man, will they not both fall into a ditch?

There is so much to correct in that application and please permit me to let it go for now, just as Jarus (whom i have so much respect for) also has responded to. The total presentation is wrong, apart from the spelling errors. The usage of the word, "extreme" is uncalled for, in his attempt to show his likeness for the position. Again, there are so many 'I this or that' in that application which shows arrogance or too much to self and an unnecessary glorification. Imagine claiming 'rapid promotion' by his previous employees, too boastful and full of pride. For crying out loud he attached a curriculum vitae to the application which ordinarily has the details of his past and other things. He demanded the company to call his phone line, uhuhhh, No!, Nevertheless that he used 'Kindly'.

Having titled the application for the post, why stating it again in the first line of the first paragraph,.....

A normal first paragraph of an application ought to be direct and formal, an example could be:

With reference to the advert placement (or replace with "advertisement) of 19th April, 2016 in the Guardian Newspaper regarding the above subject, I hereby apply for the position. This is very formal, this removes all the likes of 'extreme', 'interest', etc.

You don't decide for yourself that your qualifications, skills, etc are perfect fit for the position, you are meant to submit for them to make that consideration. Again it shows a person who is full of pride.

Please, note that my correction is not only on the original poster, but also on others "I too know" contributions that are also full of blunders. I have taken all together in this piece. I beg you, let me rest here for now.

could you please share your email address?
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by gistmate: 2:48am On Oct 06, 2018
Nigerian Navy Direct Short Services Cadets (DSSC) Nationwide Recruitment Notice

The Nigerian Navy invites applications from qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 26 in the following graduate and experienced positions

See more Details: https://www.gistmate.com.ng/nigerian-navy-recruitment-2018-for-graduates-and-experienced/

2018 Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Direct Short Services Cadets (DSSC) Nationwide Recruitment Notice - (Graduate & Post-graduate)

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), invites applications from suitably qualified graduates and post graduates for training as Direct Short Services Cadet (DSSC). N.B: Application Portal opens on 19th October, 2018.

See more Details: https://www.gistmate.com.ng/www-airforce-mil-ng-air-force-naf-recruitment-2018-apply-for-dssc/
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Emo247: 8:40am On Oct 26, 2018
It is surprising how up to date no person can post good samples of C.V but when it is to critics, you will find many people that will find errors. Are we all here unemployed
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Arolamboolamide(m): 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
Vacancy: Sales Consultant

Our client is the regional distributor for the world’s leading manufacturers of sanitary fittings, kitchen, tiles, doors and other interior solutions. We excel in the provision of total bathroom solutions, creating unique and innovative bathroom themes for both the domestic and commercial markets.

The Job requires you to have
• Equal Opportunities: FEMALES are advised to apply.
• A minimum of B.Sc Degree
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a client facing role (Business Development, Customer Success, Client Services, Relationship Management)
• Microsoft Excel proficiency is a MUST
• Very good working knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Motivated & with a positive attitude, self-driven with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Aggressive, presentable, flexible and teachable.

Method of Application

SEND YOUR CV TO olamide@eoutsource.net
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by Chazblagos(m): 8:17am On Dec 31, 2018
*3DAYS INTENSIVE SNAIL TRAINING SEMINAR�*

� *Venue: Dedicated Whatsapp Group For Paid Members*

*⏰Date: 5th- 7th January , 2019*

*�Training Fee : #2,000*

*Click here to join* https:///GHsdLFnJLu548Jjvttv7cS

��������
*It's a 3days intensive online snails training seminar, that comes with eBook, videos, pictures and well detailed write ups....AND CONTINUOUS MENTORSHIP AFTER TRAINING*

*��Every participant will also receive the 78pages eBook on snails farming for further guide*

*�� At The End Of The 3days Training, Every Participants Will Join Previous Participants In The " _SNAIL FARMERS GROUP_" Where Further Interaction and mentorship continues*

https:///GHsdLFnJLu548Jjvttv7cS

https:///GHsdLFnJLu548Jjvttv7cS

*....Snail Pays!*�
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by 22Johnny(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2019
goshen26:
Pls Funsho can u send me a copy ? olusojiakinbowale@gmail.com.

Please house I also would need the favour of geting a sample of how a cover letter should write up. My email: samuelfrancis212@gmail.com
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by David2019(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2019
Good morning sir/ma, please I need a sample applicaton letter format on how to write federal civil service commission letter.
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by egojeny1(f): 1:46pm On May 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by stdurumi: 9:10am On Jul 21, 2020
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by vickydevoka(m): 6:11am On May 01, 2021
Toscoas2:

Did u do essay writing in ur ssce? I believe u were tot hw to write letter. Yours sincerely is meant for Informal letter while Yours faithfully is meant for formal or official letter.
Lie.
De both can be used for formal letter
Re: Sample Of Letter Of Application by lordchiz(m): 10:33am On Aug 05, 2022
this is a cover letter, is quite impressive but is advisable to delete some part of it, is jus too lengthy
Pls sir!
I need you to get me a sample of Cover Letter and Application letter ....
I don suffer no be small...I can't seem to get an invite since 2014 I left school.....
Seems I ain't getting it right!
Even I think I might need a new CV too...
Tnks in anticipation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Npower Batch C 2020 - How To Apply. / List Of Fake Employment Companies. Stay Off Them. / NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.