Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,502 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu (10652 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Boko Haram Abducts Over 170 Teenage Girls From Bam 7km From Buratai's Hometown / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Ayekotoo(m): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
Gov. Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State on Tuesday inaugurated and handed over Oshorun/Ibeshe road to the two communities of Ikorodu Local Government Area of the state. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the road, seven-kilometre in length, was delivered with drains, pedestrian walkways, service ducts, speed breakers and street lights-- with guaranteed power supply.

Speaking at the inauguration in Ikorodu, Fashola described the delivery of the project as part redemption of his electoral promises to speed up the development of all parts of the state. He said that when he was brought to the community during the electioneering campaign, it took his convoy 45 minutes to drive through due to its bad state. “But today, it took us less than 10 minutes to drive through the road”, he said. The governor explained that the road would usher in more schools, petrol stations and other businesses, stressing that the road was nothing but a statement of fidelity.

“Very soon, the contractors will be here to start work on the Ferry terminal. “Very soon, we will be here to start work on a new housing estate that will deliver 720 flats”, the governor said. He thanked the people of Ikorodu for cooperating with his administration on the 13.3- kilometre Ikorodu road, being expanded from four to six lanes, with a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridor.
Fashola urged motorists to be patient with the government on the ongoing work, and that the present pain they were experiencing would eventually translate into a thing of joy for them.

Earlier, the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Mr Obafemi Hamzat, said the project was conceived in line with the state government`s determination to open up roads in the rural areas. While restating government`s resolve to execute more development projects in the area, he urged residents to protect the project against vandalism.

`We have built this road according to international standards. I urge you to protect it. No one should come here to cut or damage the road. Take ownership and protect it from damages,” he said. He also said that the state government was constructing no fewer than 10 inner city roads in Ikorodu. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/100913/governor-fashola-inaugurates-7km-oshorunibeshe-road

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Ayekotoo(m): 11:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
This governor no dey tire? Everyone is talking about 2015, him dey commission this and that.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by ogb5(m): 11:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
At 1 billion per km that's 7 billion quid.

Enough to organize someone's 2nd birthday this year.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by homesteady(m): 12:50am On Sep 11, 2013
So because he commissioned a new road, you had to open a thread! Mtcheew!
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by wheelbarrow: 1:50am On Sep 11, 2013
homesteady: So because he commissioned a new road, you had to open a thread! Mtcheew!

Bad belle.....grin

Can you tell me what your Governor has done this year??

I just learned Akpabio and his family abandoned his "Dubai" and relocated to Lagos to enjoy good governance from Fashola....

14 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Nobody: 2:31am On Sep 11, 2013
homesteady: So because he commissioned a new road, you had to open a thread! Mtcheew!

7 km road

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by kaze4blues(m): 3:46am On Sep 11, 2013
Good one from fashola.

Bless your existence.
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by bloggernaija: 3:48am On Sep 11, 2013
What has your own governor or your president built in the last year
Water works. -commissioned
Roads -commissioned
Second longest bridge in nigeria -commissioned
Bridges -commissioned
Pedestrian bridges -commissioned
Hospitals (tertiary and secondary -commissioned.
Schools - commissioned

With many more ongoing like this one with 7 bridges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmPgKMYt3Aw

Fashola
Keep cruising
The yoruba nation dey your back.
Can't wait for odua,you will be a good candidate to act as the founding president .that is after some sharp deportations.
N.B
The interlocking concrete brick used to build that road comes from a Lagos state owned brick factory .
If that does not make sense,
1 it is about cutting the middlemen out 2giving the taxpayer more bang for the money ,
3 a practical solution to a problem ( any future maintenance only requires replacing bricks)
4 keeping as much of money used within
state

ORDINARY LAGOS STATE WASTE MAINTENANCE AGENCY IS TOO MUCH FOR MOST IF NOT ALL THE GOVERNORS TO HANDLE .
ROTIMI AMAECHI,THE CLOSEST PERSON YOU COMPARE TO FASHOLA IN TERMS OF INITIATIVES,PERFORMANCE AND RESPONSIBILITY DUMPS HIS RUBBISH IN ABIA STATE.HE HIMSELF KNOWS THAT FASHOLA, IS THE ONLY FACTOR IN TERMS OF GOVERNANCE AND PERFORMANCE

20 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by bloggernaija: 4:40am On Sep 11, 2013
babyosisi:

And Tinubu went to the USA with Lagos money to have his hips replaced a year after his daughter's graduation from a US College
Bwahahahahahaha
You are a despicable human being.
You think you are making sense but really, you are simply making a fool of yourself and come across as crude and unrefined.
I reckon you think it is fun but really,
What state are you from and how does tinubu's treatment in America affect you as a human being.
Is he the governor of the state from which you originate or is tinubu your president?
Is Lagos state a burden on your state?
Are Lagos state indigens a burden on your state or any other state?
Are they putting pressure on your social services?
Are Lagos state indigens worse off than indigens of your state?
Are they less educated,less enlightened or less empowered than your people.

23 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Danhumprey: 4:42am On Sep 11, 2013
Here is a governor at work. Yet some PDP goons would claim he is not working and that he isn't the best governor. Haters to the left. angry

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Demdem(m): 5:29am On Sep 11, 2013
Ayekotoo: This governor no dey tire? Everyone is talking about 2015, him dey commission this and that.

Infact I tire for the man. What will the next gov do if he finish developing the entire lagos. Fashola, go and rest. Na u biko cheesy
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 11, 2013
This guy is a phenomenal man. He never tires. Why a mumu like Gej be a president when a guy like Fashola is in Nigeria beats me. He is just too energetic. He would allocate contracts, supervise it personally and commission it. May God bless you sir. Gej and other governors have abandoned their states and moved to Abuja for 2015. May God kick them all out and silent their e-warriors in Nairaland and Niger delta and other places and put people like Fashola as president

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by obitwo: 7:42am On Sep 11, 2013

So what should we say about your people that open threads about proposed projects?

It's a promise delivered

Kindly focus on curbing erosion in your backyard and leave our performing governor alone

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by obitwo: 7:49am On Sep 11, 2013
babyosisi:

And Tinubu went to the USA with Lagos money to have his hips replaced a year after his daughter's graduation from a US College
Bwahahahahahaha

So what did Chime go to the UK with? Ghana money? Call Tinubu whatever you want, since 1999 when thus democratic era begun, the SW has moved the furthest and developed the most with the likes of Tinubu. When he became governor, Lagos was barely generating N600m per month. Today, its almost N30bn. Ogun under 2 yrs has grown its IGR from N730m to over N4bn per month

We aren't complaining so why are you taking insulin for another man's diabetes?

13 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by homesteady(m): 7:51am On Sep 11, 2013
wheel barrow:

Bad belle.....grin

Can you tell me what your Governor has done this year??

I just learned Akpabio and his family abandoned his "Dubai" and relocated to Lagos to enjoy good governance from Fashola....

Don't you think you sound ridiculous?? Did I tell you that I'm from akwa ibom??
BTW my governor is Adams oshiomole! And he has done nothing this year! He has only sacked more teachers!
He has been repairing just one road for the past four years!
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by MafiaMan: 7:58am On Sep 11, 2013
homesteady:

Don't you think you sound ridiculous?? Did I tell you that I'm from akwa ibom??
BTW my governor is Adams oshiomole! And he has done nothing this year! He has only sacked more teachers!
He has been repairing just one road for the past four years!

Stop lying you this ibo man!

The only people bittered with development coming to southwest are ibos.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by homesteady(m): 8:21am On Sep 11, 2013
Mafia Man:

Stop lying you this ibo man!

The only people bittered with development coming to southwest are ibos.

Look at this deranged fellow!! So do you want me and you to engage in a debate over my state of origin? Then you must be a joker!
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by MafiaMan: 8:39am On Sep 11, 2013
homesteady:

Look at this deranged fellow!! So do you want me and you to engage in a debate over my state of origin? Then you must be a joker!

No, I do not need to debate what I know.

You can keep displaying your low self esteem by claiming other people, as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by homesteady(m): 8:48am On Sep 11, 2013
Mafia Man:

No, I do not need to debate what I know.

You can keep displaying your low self esteem by claiming other people, as usual.

You should come to kano state and see how yoruba people are claiming hausa!! They are even speaking the hausa more than the real hausa people!
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by dridowu: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2013
mr haters , how market ?
@topic, we need more of that. Kudos to Fashola
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2013
What all the press about? Roads are being built in Other states everyday without the governors running to the press. It's is only Fashola, T.A Orji and Aregbesola that I still hear make this kind of noise for some meters of road.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by homesteady(m): 8:56am On Sep 11, 2013
kenis: What all the press about? Roads are being built in Other states everyday without the governors running to the press. It's is only Fashola, T.A Orji and Aregbesola that I still hear make this kind of noise for some meters of road.

Thank you my brother!! Roads are commissioned almost everyday!! So what's the press about?? Or is this the first road to be built in lagos??
Come on, you guys have made us believe that lagos is one heaven on earth, so why the merriment for just one road being completed??
Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by MafiaMan: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2013
homesteady:

[s]You should come to kano state and see how yoruba people are claiming hausa!! They are even speaking the hausa more than the real hausa people![/s]

Rubbish, irrelevant hogwash and pure bunkum.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by dammyteli(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2013
Ayekotoo: This governor no dey tire? Everyone is talking about 2015, him dey commission this and that.
fashola is working,haters are hating,lagos is moving forward.eko oni baje ooo

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by Confusionist(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2013
babyosisi:

Bwahahahahahaha
shocked biliv me, she laughed? And the question is: for what?

I see no correlation in ur thesis:

1. He went for surgery

2. I year afer daughter's graduation in U.S.

Do u think at all?

And u laughed? For what na?

Dnt u think this is the begining of psychosis for u?

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions 7km Oshorun/ibeshe Road In Ikorodu by ladeski: 9:15am On Sep 11, 2013
WHERE IS THE ROAD ?

WHY IS FASHOLA'S PICTURE HERE INSTEAD OF THE ROAD HE COMMISSIONED?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Electoral Act Bill: Buhari Averted A Major Disaster By Declining Assent - Sagay / Bandits Have Become The 4th Tier Of Government - Shehu Sani / FG Appoints Jessica Matthews As Entrepreneurship Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.