Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,946 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President (20335 Views)

NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent / ASUU Vs FG ... The Full Gist / Esut ASUU Vs Governor Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by rollas007: 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nobody knows the whole truth about this ASUU/FG face-off...We have reduced everything to politics in Nigeria including the future of the country.
I still have hope even though it seems like a cold day in hell, there will be a U-turn for the better someday.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by ichidodo: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
Like i said before if Nigerian students refuse to take proactive steps and hold these greedy he-goats in ASUU responsible for this strike but find a scape goat in Ngozi Okonji Iweala then they can flex at home till December.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by favouryemmy: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
[quote author=pseudonomer][/quote]

Young man, I don't know the 2009 agreement they showed to you, but the one I have contains earned allowances properly spelt out and signed by both FG and ASUU.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by bunmioguns(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by MCKULQ(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
okada! stop me here for prayers.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Boss13: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
The FG wants to resolve the issue. ASUU doesn't want to compromise. Without no compromise there shall be no agreement. I believe ASUU is very selfish and self-centered. Nigerian students should raise their voice and order their lecturers to go back to the negotiating table. Honestly, the demand by ASUU is ridiculous.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by MCKULQ(m): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
okada! stop me here for prayer.

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Emrich(m): 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
Why should ASUU make demands that would favour students? Every association is formed to protect the interest of it's members so let's not hold the fact that they fight for their pocket against them. However, students can make their demand as well through there union. I suggest they lobby the government to review the whatever act that establishes the terms of university lectures' employment. Truth be told, some of the old professors don't have anything to offer us other than fight for retirement account. I say we go on strike when this is over untill FG terminates some jobs.

Democracy is a b**ch

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by mooregan(m): 3:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
I said, I'm saying n will always say this; ASUU does not have d interests of Students at heart. When police where busy killing students, what did they do? Have d stood up against it 4 once? When schools r busy increasing fees, do ASUU step in to help d students? When my VC's husband was kidnapped, students went to d streets protesting till d man was released, but when my same VC imposed fees, d same students went on protest, but my VC called armed police men to fire shots at students, n unlucky one was killed n d school management n Police denied having any knowledge where d bullet came from, where was ASUU? When it has got to do with dia pockets, they claim Students interest. Most of them don't deserve any allowance. How can a lecturer use his lesson notes of year 2000 to teach in 2013(no updates, same notes verbatim) and u tell me he deserves allowance. ASUU r being used to play Politics.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Bastituta(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hummm! Some signs dt dis country is seriously sick. Wen de nation builders are also in de corrupt pool ao wud deir product not corrupt.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by kallysky(f): 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
THIS IS VERY FUNNY. DONT BE SURPRISE. STRIKE IS CONSTANT IN NG UNIVERSITY
MEANWHILE, YOU CAN KILL THE BOREDOM BY BROWSING WITH MY MTN AND MULTILINKS BROWSING KIT.

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by favouryemmy: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Boss13: The FG wants to resolve the issue. ASUU doesn't want to compromise. Without no compromise there shall be no agreement. I believe ASUU is very selfish and self-centered. Nigerian students should raise their voice and order their lecturers to go back to the negotiating table. Honestly, the demand by ASUU is ridiculous.

Which demand is ridiculous? Do you know that the amount in question in for work already done between 2009 and 2013? Do you also know that this amount includes that of the non academic staff in the universities so they don't go on strike after this one? There's not ridiculous about it. The agreement should be implemented for peace to reign.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by uceee(m): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Will meeting all ASUU demands mean they won't go on strike next year?
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by deletrue: 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
O.M.E:
Nigeria is currently in a state of confusion, everything is about politics and corruption, yesterday some ministers were dropped primarily due to the conflict at d PDP convention, t
hat aside, we can all read the hand writings on the wall from the way things are, the president isn't even concerned about the strike all he's concerned about is getting re-elected back as president in 2015, nobody seems to know why the strike is still on, and Dr fagge has kept mute for a while now, the real purpose of the strike is unknown to us, is ASUU fighting for students ? or for her own selfish wants ? In my opinion, these our 'so called' leaders have to go before this curse can be lifted away from our land.
Mid way into your thread, it became clear that you are more confused. While i agree that the write up is lengthy, you can go through it into more than half way to understand it to some extent. Have you done that? Can't you praise the student leader and the government? My finding revealed that ASUU is annoyed because federal government established new universities. ASUU wanted that money spent on the old schools for sharing. They forgot that available schools are too few for the numbers of students seeking admission.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by onyxo76(m): 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
The bottom line is that an agreement was signed in 2009 which the FG has refused to honor. ASUU may be fighting for its interests but don't forget that other university unions have their own issues to settle with the FG so its not only an ASUU thing.
the issue of earned allowances cuts across all unions not just the lecturers only that there are different types of allowances involved, for example-
ASUU is meant to collect "excess work load allowance" which is not even for every lecturer, directors of different units, HOD'S etc collect 'responsibility allowance" while workers in maintenance, health center, labs and other "hazardous" environment are to collect "hazard" allowance which was formerly paid but stopped when a circular with the new allowances was released in 2009. Up till now those new allowances have never been implemented.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by tokunbobo(m): 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
I KNOW THE ASUU STRIKE WILL GET TO THIS STAGE OF BUYING NANS OVER TO THE GOVERNMENT.

EVEN IF ASUU'S DEMAND IS MUCH, IT CAN NEVER BE TOO MUCH THAN WHAT WE ARE LOOSING TO CORRUPTION. WHAT OF THE JUMBO PAY OF OUR SENATORS (HIGHEST PAID IN THE WORLD), WHAT OF THE BILLIONS BUDGETED FOR FOOD OF THE PRESIDENCY ALONE ETC.

ALL THESE ISSUES STILL HAVE THEIR FOUNDATIONS AND ROOTS FROM OUR LEADERS! GOVERNMENT IS INSENSITIVE! PRESIDENT JONATHAN DOES NOT EVEN SHOW ANY CONCERN AT ALL AND HE CLAIMED HE WAS ONCE AN ACADEMICIAN. ALL HE THINKS ABOUT NOW IS HIS SELFISH 2015 AMBITION, EVEN THE CRISIS IN THE PDP IS EVEN DISTRACTING HIM THE MORE, APART FROM ASUU STRIKE, UNEMPLOYMENT IS THERE O, NEPA ISSUE IS THERE O, INSECURITY (BOKO HARAM, KIDNAPPING ETC) ARE THERE O, PRESIDENCY IS NOT SEEING THOSE ONES O, ALL GEJ COULD DO IS TO REMOVE SOME MINISTERS BECAUSE OF 2015. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED IN HIM BUT IT IS WELL SHA.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by MaziOmenuko: 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lmao! You guys actually think that NANS executives consists of undergrad students? They are all graduates; most of them are there for political gains. I know of the former sug presido of my school that has remained in NANS executive up till date.
More than 2 months of staying at home and all they talk about is whose side they are on! Bloody selfish airheads!

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Dharyhor: 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
C dis people playing politics on each other, both party knows d core of dier dispute. Dey just like fooling public
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by pobosky20(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
Thunder fire both ASUU and FG!!
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Sajio(m): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
ASUU must know this...... They can't fight government! They ought †̥ have resumed while negotiation continues, but from the look of things.... ASUU has politicise this struggle.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by sylvesterokolo(m): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
Honestly, de relationship between ASUU and the students is poor hence the poor communication...ASUU believes we ar nothing..tell me, is ASUU doing diz coz dey 'so' luv us?..truth is, neither ASUU nor fg is to be trusted..lets keep praying pips
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by tunapa2009(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
deletrue: Mid way into your thread, it became clear that you are more confused. While i agree that the write up is lengthy, you can go through it into more than half way to understand it to some extent. Have you done that? Can't you praise the student leader and the government? My finding revealed that ASUU is annoyed because federal government established new universities. ASUU wanted that money spent on the old schools for sharing. They forgot that available schools are too few for the numbers of students seeking admission.
Hmmm! What do we need currently in Nigeria, Quality or Quantity? Improving quality of education or increasing number of universities
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Hearme(m): 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
As many students supporting the FG, my prayer is when you graduate, you will do free service for government for at least 10 years. Then FG will promise and agree with you to start paying you, and then disappoint you for 4 years, telling you there is no fund but buying golden iPhones and allowing those with school cert to buy private jets. In your face may they budget 12 times your budget for an overinflated and politicized census.

May the councilors in your ward that work for 2 years make a law that makes him eligible for a life pension as the national assembly are preparing for one now. Even though, just aout 500 of them have benefited over 1 trillion in 8 years and now denying over 10,000 lecturers 87 billion of 4 years arrears.

Government recklessness and insincerity to be blamed. Let the OP declare that he has no financial conflict of interest from either NANS or FG. It is until we begin to invite channels to our universities to see and broadcast students standing and sitting on the floor before they will respond.

Railway workers fought for salaries without fighting for the system where are they today? Same for NITEL, if the universities don't fight to improve the system, a generation will arise one day to curse this generation.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Hearme(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
deletrue: Mid way into your thread, it became clear that you are more confused. While i agree that the write up is lengthy, you can go through it into more than half way to understand it to some extent. Have you done that? Can't you praise the student leader and the government? My finding revealed that ASUU is annoyed because federal government established new universities. ASUU wanted that money spent on the old schools for sharing. They forgot that available schools are too few for the numbers of students seeking admission.

So how much has the FG invested in those new universities? Can it be compared to the state of covenant university at inception not to talk of after 2-3 years now that those universities have been announced.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by samesolomon(m): 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
It's a shame that the federal government cannot implement an agreement it willingly entered in to, in other climes the government will resign
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by ubeji: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
What is he saying.One way or the other he may find himself in government later.My people what do u expect then.Please tell me.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by jamesbro(m): 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
dont mind these NANS guys o they are all theives. you went to meet a corrupt governor and he has bribed you so you think because of that you can be telling us rubbish? the truth is that most of these NANS executives are not students oooo. bloody theives may God punish all of you

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by ravensckar(m): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
In as much as I chastise d F.G 4 entering into a blind agreement wit ASUU, I also condemn in strong term d 'millitary' tactics employed by ASUU. 4 God's sake,beheading has nd wil never be d solution to headache. 2d best of my knowledge, ASUU has never stood against d declining level of Edu b4,talkless of school fee increment amongst othr appalling issues facing Nig Stdnts. If u wana prove me wrong, tel dem 2publish 2d whole world wat is contained in d so-called 2009 AGREEMENT. Until den,I stand 2b corrected.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by OrangeHokage(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
oluafolabi: This is what I think;

I don't think it is a wise decision for students to support ASUU's decision to continue to waste our time at home. 1) Why should ASUU pull out of negotiations with the federal government accusing them of being dishonest? Why pull out of a means of finding solution to a lingering problem?
2) Do you think ASUU won't collect their salaries immediately they resume back to work? ASUU is not losing anything!! We are the ones losing.
3) The decadence in the educational sector is not something that started during this regime. It was a gradual decay leading to the almost total collapse (In which the consistent strikes by the lecturers is a factor too) , do you think that decay is something that can be rectified within the twinkle of an eye?
4) I want ASUU to know that the federal government is not losing anything either through the ongoing strike, they(the rulers) have most of their wards/children in private schools and universities abroad. Should the strike continue, it won't hurt the FG in anyway in the long process.
5) According to an article I read this morning, ASUU should look for other alternatives to incessant strikes rather than punishing Nigerian students all the time for offences we do not even know about.

By the way, I think we keep on forgetting that FG has implemented most of ASUU's demands ; Retirement age,Bonuses and gave reasonable reasons for some demands that they couldn't meet e.g the transfer of those landed properties,earned allowance.
FG has also signed 400 billion to be disbursed for infrastructures over a period of 4 years. I'm not saying FG has done enough, but FG has shifted ground a little and I would expect same from ASUU. Y'all should look back which parastatal in Nigeria has ever gone on strike and got their 100 % demands from the FG? Even the famous subsidy protest that crippled the whole nation couldn't restore the price of PMS back to 70 naira,. So why should ASUU continue to suffer us(the students) when the strike isn't even directly affecting the FG in any way??
sad sad sad
so because the decay didn't start now, we should now let it continue, typical Nigerian

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by tunapa2009(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Lmao! You guys actually think that NANS executives consists of undergrad students? They are all graduates; most of them are there for political gains. I know of the former sug presido of my school that has remained in NANS executive up till date.
More than 2 months of staying at home and all they talk about is whose side they are on! Bloody selfish airheads!
@maxi, the so-called ayefele (NANS PRESI) is a diploma student in OAU. Though he is not a bonafide student of great ife.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
OrangeHokage: so because the decay didn't start now, we should now let it continue, typical Nigerian

Nah! I'm not saying that. Let's be factual here. The 'decay' is not something that can be rectified in a twinkle of an eye. And ASUU's decision to waste our time pending implementation is not wise either. These things are gradual.
All I'm saying is, ASUU should return to negotiation with the FG instead of just doing nothing.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by SHAIBULIAR: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
If dem like make dem no call of the strike,me I don take to farming and I dey even pray make dem no call off the strike again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 / What Can I Study In University With This Result? / 6 Common Mistakes Students Make During Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.