Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,962 members, 7,838,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

My Father In Law Wants An Apology From My Parents - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father In Law Wants An Apology From My Parents (3793 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father In Law Wants An Apology From My Parents by RoyalRoy(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2013
mobuch: Some comments here sound like they came out from the mouths of under-18 children, who havent gotten much experiences in life.

i have attended in the last 65years of my life have always followed this protocol, anybody saying it should be done in your church because that would be the last service you would attend is talking crap and is probably below 18years without any experience.

Goodluck.

Funny how your post didn't look like that of someone who has been attending weddings for 65yrs.

A bit immature to attack others based on their personal opinions!

Yeye!

1 Like

Re: My Father In Law Wants An Apology From My Parents by bellong: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2013
mobuch: Some comments here sound like they came out from the mouths of under-18 children, who havent gotten much experiences in life.

@Op, if you are a lady,
First of all, your parents should have handled iSsues diplomatically rather than walk your would be in laws out of their house.
Secondly, as long as the traditional wedding has been done at the bride's place, it is then proper that the white wedding takes place at the grooms church, all the weddings i have attended in the last 65years of my life have always followed this protocol, anybody saying it should be done in your church because that would be the last service you would attend is talking crap and is probably below 18years without any experience.

Goodluck.

Sir, I think you are the one spewing thrash here. I expect an elder person to put things in perspective rather than confusing innocent youths. As the oldest person on this thread, going by your years of experience, I expected you to have travelled beyond your region to have a balanced understanding of how weddings are done.

To educate you sir, in the Yorubaland, the traditional and church weddings are done in the bride's place. It is not bargained except the bride's family decides otherwise. And that is based solely on their decision with no influence from the groom's family. I understand that in the East, the traditional is done in the bride's place and church in the groom's place. I have no idea of how it is done in the north.

If you have been patient enough to read and comprehend what has been written on this thread, you would have noticed that someone asked the cultural practice of where he is from which he/she never responded or did not even understand.

In the final analysis, you only gave advice based on your limited knowledge of the culture of people before accusing others with a better idea than yours. Sir, always express your opinion without attacking the persons of others.
Re: My Father In Law Wants An Apology From My Parents by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 15, 2013
Mr Bellong, I laugh in swahili!
So u believed that?
Hahahahaha!!!
U guys will not kill me here!
Nairaland soap opera.
(So serious reading the riot act!)
Re: My Father In Law Wants An Apology From My Parents by bellong: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Mr Bellong, I laugh in swahili!
So u believed that?
Hahahahaha!!!
U guys will not kill me here!
Nairaland soap opera.
(So serious reading the riot act!)

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You have to give people benefit of doubt incase he is speaking the truth...
Re: My Father In Law Wants An Apology From My Parents by AWONEYAN(m): 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
What a bad way to start ! There are so many things involved in marriage. If planing the wedding alone can degenerate to calling names on who is rude and asking your inlaws to walk out of your house,then both of you are here asking for rights and wrongs!
I can imagine what your inlaws go tell each other when you want to name your first born and other issues in you guys lives !
Pls both of you should stick together once u are maried and avoid parental influences and never take side with any of your parents and don't try to be a judge in your home!...an advice though !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Polyandry Not Practised In Nigeria? (photos) / Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? / Nagging And Non Caring Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.