Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:50 PM

Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! (11408 Views)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / 2008 Audi A8 D3 6.0 W12 Or 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 HEMI Quad Cab? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 20, 2013
Bossforeva: Siena are U a fan of the premium wheels just as ur ride is a luxury one.

The term "premium wheels" is just as ambiguos as the term "full options". Premium wheels is vague, and doesn't tell you anything about them. I buy wheels based upon design and manufacturer. Besides OEM offerings, there are very few after market wheels I'd buy, these are:

Ronal.
BBS.
Speedline.
Borbet.
Azev.

There are lots of cheap alloy wheels out there, that are of poor quality. Usually very heavy, and brittle. Some of these will buckle under fast road use, especially when subjected to lateral loads, and fitted to heavy cars. I tend to stay away, regardless of how nice they may look.

I only buy alloy wheels with pedigree, or proven in Motorsport.

So bro, what does "premium wheels" mean to you?
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 20, 2013
Siena:

The term "premium wheels" is just as ambiguos as the term "full options". Premium wheels is vague, and doesn't tell you anything about them. I buy wheels based upon design and manufacturer. Besides OEM offerings, there are very few after market wheels I'd buy, these are:

Ronal.
BBS.
Speedline.
Borbet.
Azev.

There are lots of cheap alloy wheels out there, that are of poor quality. Usually very heavy, and brittle. Some of these will buckle under fast road use, especially when subjected to lateral loads, and fitted to heavy cars. I tend to stay away, regardless of how nice they may look.

I only buy alloy wheels with pedigree, or proven in Motorsport.

So bro, what does "premium wheels" mean to you?
Chromed Alloy Wheels.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
Bossforeva: Chromed Alloy Wheels.

These will have a name. Manufacture and style names. Premium wheels is a wrong term, created by those who have no idea what their wheels are.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by abuabdullah: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2013
Hi Sienna,
I am new in this house.
Kindly inbox me ur email address. mine is freemee.pls@gmail.com
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2013
abuabdullah: Hi Sienna,
I am new in this house.
Kindly inbox me ur email address. mine is freemee.pls@gmail.com

Please call if you need advice, my number's in my signature.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 22, 2013
One thing is certain - with modern cars, it's often difficult to know what extras they have, at least just by looking. With my new car, I was after a specific specification, but the seller could not list all of them. He was certainly able to tell me what he could see, but some of the extras are not obvious to the inexperienced user, or sell. These are only accessible via the menu system.

So armed with the registration number and VIN, I called up my dealership, and gave them the details. Up to this point, I knew what the car had as standard equipment, which was:

DVD-Based Navigation.
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirrors.
Electric Front And Rear Windows.
Central Locking.
6-Disc Multi Changer.
Cruise Control.
Climate Control.
Xenon Headlamps.
Electric Mirrors.
Air Suspension.
Dual-Pane Glass.
Servotronic Power Assisted Steering.
Tinted Windows.
Heated Screen Wash Jets.
Headlamp Washers.
Self-Levelling Headlamps.
PDC (Parking Distance Control) Front And Rear.
Folding Door Mirrors With Memory.
Electronically Adjustable Steering Column With Memory.
Electronically Adjustable Front Seats With Memory.
4-Spoke Multi-Function Steering Wheel.
MMI (Multi Media Interface).
Rain Sensing Wipers.
Full Leather Interior.
ESP.
EDL.
ABS.
Front And Rear Headrests.
Front And Rear Armrests.
On-Board Computer.
Auto-Check System.
Dual Chrome-Tipped Exhaust Pipes.
6-Speed Tiptronic (ZF6HP-26).
Front Fog Lamps.

And after hearing back from my dealership, I found my car also has the following extras:

Pearl-Effect Paint (Ebony Black Pearl Effect).
Adaptive Air Sport Suspension. So the ride height and firmness can be varied. Car lowers further 15mm over 70 mph.
Electric Rear Window Blind.
Manual Rear Side Blinds.
Adaptive Xenon Plus - means HID is also available on main beam, and there are extra lights that turn with the steering wheel.
Heated Rear Seats.
Cordless Bluetooth Phone.
DVD Player.
TV Reception.
Bose Surround Sound.
Power Door Closing - means you can just push the doors to, and they are sucked in. No slamming needed.
Power Trunk Open And Close - means you can simply use the remote fob.
Alcantara Pack.
Aluminium Pack.
Interior Light Pack (Ambient Lighting).
Exterior Light Pack.
Rear Climate Control Panel.
Small Cool Box (In Glove Compartment).
Small Fridge (In Left Hand Storage Area, Luggage Compart).
Sport Front Seats.
Voice Control.
8.5"x18" 5-Arm Aluminium Wheels.
Coming Home Lighting.
Automatic Lighting - means they sense dusk.
Advanced Key.

It's missing a few extras, some I may retrofit:

Adaptive Cruise Control - means the car will match the speed of the car in front, in case it slows down (radar controlled).
Sunroof (definitely won't fit one).
9"x20" Aluminium Wheels (definitely getting a set).
Rear TV Monitors In Headrests / Bluetooth Headphones (definitely fitting them).
Fingerprint Recognition / Start (definitely not fitting this).
3-Spoke Multifunction Sport Steering Wheel (definitely fitting one).
Báng & Olufsen Surround Sound (might fit this).

Hopefully, time permitting I'll be picking her up on Friday, then it's time to start scouring eBay and my dealership for accessories to personalise my new purchase. smiley
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by shootsight(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
@siena ;
With all Τђε afore-Mentioned specifications and/or features I really wonder if u're gonna drive that vehicle. It could well be Τђε Audi version of a self driving automobile .
ℓ☺ℓ
Plus I am still very curious @ this mystery car, I thought I had a handle on it but these specifications have all but eliminated Τђε car models i envisaged.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
Oga Siena na Maaaaaaaaaccccccchhhhhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnnneeeeee dat your bespoke motor go be Oº°˚˚°. NLers abeg una helep me see all the options wey dey inside the motor plus d ones wey Oga Siena wan jam inside?
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Cocodiva: 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
My guess is an Audi
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by imsuboi(m): 8:01am On Sep 23, 2013
sienna enough with the suspense na.. cry
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by yungboss(m): 9:15am On Sep 23, 2013
Maybe an Audi A8?
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Shagati(m): 9:51am On Sep 23, 2013
yungboss: Maybe an Audi A8?

My money is on the S8. 2011 to be precise
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Olisa4all: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
patiently waiting for pictures
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
Shagati:

My money is on the S8. 2011 to be precise

Way too expensive to justify at this point in time. wink
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Siena:

Way too expensive to justify at this point in time. wink
O.K, i know a ride that is not that expensive..U went 4 a Santana Passat,oh really! They are all cars anyway congratz on that.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by b2212(m): 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
if the car has this Adaptive Xenon Plus - means HID is also available on main beam, and there are extra lights that turn with the steering wheel.methinks you are getting your self an Audi...
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by mastro: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
Me thinks everyone here who follow Siena's posts will faint if he doesn't reveal his new ride to be a VW group car, however I'm thinking that rather than a Audi he has gone left field and brought himself a Phaeton, what's the prize for guessing right
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by lungwun(m): 10:08am On Sep 24, 2013
My money is on an A8, or as the previous poster said, a Phaeton.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 24, 2013
Not long to go now...I purchased my train ticket a couple of hours ago, so well in advance of my trip date (Friday the 27th).

Hopefully there are no hiccups like the last time.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Olisa4all: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
I'll go with a BMW
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
Hey! Siena abeg.. This what Inspired_m has been doing last time i visited the Auto Section,he kept leaving us to our guesses on the car Akin Alabi ordered 4rm him.
Anyway,it pays if the car is a wonder on wheels.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by t3ky(m): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2013
Siena: One thing is certain - with modern cars, it's often difficult to know what extras they have, at least just by looking. With my new car, I was after a specific specification, but the seller could not list all of them. He was certainly able to tell me what he could see, but some of the extras are not obvious to the inexperienced user, or sell. These are only accessible via the menu system.

So armed with the registration number and VIN, I called up my dealership, and gave them the details. Up to this point, I knew what the car had as standard equipment, which was:

DVD-Based Navigation.
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirrors.
Electric Front And Rear Windows.
Central Locking.
6-Disc Multi Changer.
Cruise Control.
Climate Control.
Xenon Headlamps.
Electric Mirrors.
Air Suspension.
Dual-Pane Glass.
Servotronic Power Assisted Steering.
Tinted Windows.
Heated Screen Wash Jets.
Headlamp Washers.
Self-Levelling Headlamps.
PDC (Parking Distance Control) Front And Rear.
Folding Door Mirrors With Memory.
Electronically Adjustable Steering Column With Memory.
Electronically Adjustable Front Seats With Memory.
4-Spoke Multi-Function Steering Wheel.
MMI (Multi Media Interface).
Rain Sensing Wipers.
Full Leather Interior.
ESP.
EDL.
ABS.
Front And Rear Headrests.
Front And Rear Armrests.
On-Board Computer.
Auto-Check System.
Dual Chrome-Tipped Exhaust Pipes.
6-Speed Tiptronic (ZF6HP-26).
Front Fog Lamps.

And after hearing back from my dealership, I found my car also has the following extras:

Pearl-Effect Paint (Ebony Black Pearl Effect).
Adaptive Air Sport Suspension. So the ride height and firmness can be varied. Car lowers further 15mm over 70 mph.
Electric Rear Window Blind.
Manual Rear Side Blinds.
Adaptive Xenon Plus - means HID is also available on main beam, and there are extra lights that turn with the steering wheel.
Heated Rear Seats.
Cordless Bluetooth Phone.
DVD Player.
TV Reception.
Bose Surround Sound.
Power Door Closing - means you can just push the doors to, and they are sucked in. No slamming needed.
Power Trunk Open And Close - means you can simply use the remote fob.
Alcantara Pack.
Aluminium Pack.
Interior Light Pack (Ambient Lighting).
Exterior Light Pack.
Rear Climate Control Panel.
Small Cool Box (In Glove Compartment).
Small Fridge (In Left Hand Storage Area, Luggage Compart).
Sport Front Seats.
Voice Control.
8.5"x18" 5-Arm Aluminium Wheels.
Coming Home Lighting.
Automatic Lighting - means they sense dusk.

It's missing a few extras, some I may retrofit:

Adaptive Cruise Control - means the car will match the speed of the car in front, in case it slows down (radar controlled).
Sunroof (definitely won't fit one).
9"x20" Aluminium Wheels (definitely getting a set).
Rear TV Monitors In Headrests / Bluetooth Headphones (definitely fitting them).
Fingerprint Recognition / Start (definitely not fitting this).
3-Spoke Multifunction Sport Steering Wheel (definitely fitting one).
Báng & Olufsen Surround Sound (might fit this).

Hopefully, time permitting I'll be picking her up on Friday, then it's time to start scouring eBay and my dealership for accessories to personalise my new purchase. smiley

This is cool.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by BizBooks(m): 11:47am On Sep 25, 2013
There is a 70% chance this is an Audi and a 30% chance it's a BMW. I will be surprised if it turns out
to be anything else.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2013
I've been eyeing a set of BBS Le Man 9"x20" alloy wheels on eBay. As my car has 8.5"x18" wheels, I'll need new tyres, 275/30x20 all round. Current tyre size is 245/45x18, so for a full-size luxury sedan, on the small side.

My Audi Cabriolet and BMW 120D M-Sport are tight in the back with 2 child seats, it'll be impossible to squeeze in a third, and time's running out.

We'll see how it all pans out.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2013
Siena: I've been eyeing a set of BBS Le Man 9"x20" alloy wheels on eBay. As my car has 8.5"x18" wheels, I'll need new tyres, 275/30x20 all round. Current tyre size is 245/45x18, so for a full-size luxury sedan, on the small side.

My Audi Cabriolet and BMW 120D M-Sport are tight in the back with 2 child seats, it'll be impossible to squeeze in a third, and time's running out.

Siena,how many cars do U have now? All those cars U opened a restoration thread for,how far with them,are U still strolling with them?
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
^^^ Boss, just 4. And yes, they're all still ongoing, bar the BMW, which is staying stock.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by mastro: 9:25am On Sep 26, 2013
Siena: I've been eyeing a set of BBS Le Man 9"x20" alloy wheels on eBay. As my car has 8.5"x18" wheels, I'll need new tyres, 275/30x20 all round. Current tyre size is 245/45x18, so for a full-size luxury sedan, on the small side.

hmm, it's a luxury car, why degrade the ride quality & fuel economy while increasing NVH with bigger wheels, I get that they look better to some eyes, but IMO any modifications you make to this car should be to increase the luxuriousness

As stated very clearly here, it's a matter of physics [url]http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1333231&mid=130653&i=0&nmt=Why+the+hate+for+big+wheels%3F&mid=130653[/url] there is also an interesting graphic in that thread of a golf fitted with different size wheels and it's effect

Larger diameter wheels and skinnier tyres have physics stacked in the wrong direction at least twice over.

The low sidewall compliance kills ride comfort and steering feedback. A 'noisy' steering wheel tells you nothing about the weighting of steering effort, and it's the change in feeling of weight on the wheel that tells you exactly how much grip you have left. Big wheels/low-profile tyres tend strongly to handling of the 'I've got grip! I've got grip! I just binned it and dont know why!' school of progression. (that's also why so many hate over-assisted power steering... in part necesary to deal with teh inertia of oversized wheels...)

Secondly and more seriously - very few alloy wheels are actually designed with second moment of inertia in mind. Big wheels are heavy to accelerate both in the direction the car is moving, and and rotationally, and these effects stack exponentially (esp. as manufacturers need stiff rims to deal with impacts not absorbed by those oh-so 'low profile'/ over-thin tyres - so big rims tend to be grossly overweight.)

Even ignoring most 'oversize' alloys weight for a moment - if you only treat the tyre as an annulus: the moment grows as the 4th power of the difference in radius: a 20" rim has nearly 3x the inertia of a 16" rim once rolling. That in turn has an utterly massive effect on steering, braking, turn-in. It's like an oversize mass attached to each wheel, and kills response and ultimate grip.

People who care about such things go for the very smallest wheel that covers the brake setup the car needs, and that's pretty much al there is to it. If you need a graphic example - the very fastest Caterfields and the like are on 13" wheels, not even 15"s. The difference is perceptible and measurable.

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2013
mastro: hmm, it's a luxury car, why degrade the ride quality & fuel economy while increasing NVH with bigger wheels, I get that they look better to some eyes, but IMO any modifications you make to this car should be to increase the luxuriousness

I understand where you're coming from, Mastro.

But in thiscase, this is factory size. The largest wheel and tyre combination this car comes with is actually 8.5"x20" ET45 or 9"x20 ET46. In both cases, tyre size is 275/35x20.

And as for ride quality, it won't degrade it. That's why the car manufacturer's have an adaptive air suspension option. I've test driven one with 22" wheels AND 285/30x22 tyres, and the ride was very compliant. Fuel economy has never been one of my considerations when buying a car, else I would have gone for a Nissan Micra with a 1.3L engine.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2013
The Volkswagen Golf fitted with larger than stock wheels is not comparable to my own car either. Though it MAY sacrifice ride comfort, it WILL sharpen handling. Smaller wheels with high-sidewall tyres don't do anything for handling. With big power, you do need a wider footprint, otherwise you'll break traction in fast corners.

I take part in track days, and have tried different wheel and tyre combos. Small wheels, just enough to cover the brakes don't aid brake rotor cooling, due to the smaller air gap, and rotor damage (warped, cracked) due to insufficiently dissipated heat WILL lead to brake fade.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by mastro: 10:57am On Sep 26, 2013
Siena: The Volkswagen Golf fitted with larger than stock wheels is not comparable to my own car either. Though it MAY sacrifice ride comfort, it WILL sharpen handling. Smaller wheels with high-sidewall tyres don't do anything for handling. With big power, you do need a wider footprint, otherwise you'll break traction in fast corners.

I take part in track days, and have tried different wheel and tyre combos. Small wheels, just enough to cover the brakes don't aid brake rotor cooling, due to the smaller air gap, and rotor damage (warped, cracked) due to insufficiently dissipated heat WILL lead to brake fade.

Fair enough, though trackday and road requirements differ significantly in many areas.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Originalsly: 11:28am On Sep 26, 2013
Hmmm...the mystery car...is it an Audi S8? ...I guess of it is not you will say but if it is...... you will pretend you never read this post!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PAN Nigeria Higer Bus Bags Best New Auto Entrant Commercial Award / Incoming North American Vehicles / Honda Goes Into Robots, To Introduce 3E Robotics Concept At CES 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.