Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,965 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! (11404 Views)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / 2008 Audi A8 D3 6.0 W12 Or 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 HEMI Quad Cab? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 29, 2013
is this the TRUTH NOW?

Siena: Pictures, as promised!

On the way back from Coventry. I was glad I wasn't going the other way, that long line of traffic was moving at a snail's pace:

The all important buisness end - the V8 heart:

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 29, 2013
Home at last!

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by FindOut(m): 12:29am On Sep 29, 2013
Gleaming black beast! shocked

Congrats on your purchase Siena.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 29, 2013
At the car-wash, getting rid of the travel grime:

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 29, 2013
Find Out!:
Gleaming black beast! shocked

Congrats on your purchase Siena.

Thanks bro, I appreciate your kind words. smiley
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by imsuboi(m): 12:40am On Sep 29, 2013
WOW! shocked
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 29, 2013
Interior (rear):

Rear aircon vents:

Rear climate control panel:

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 29, 2013
Replacement new coilpack, just before fitting:

It was cylinder #4 too - just my luck to have the least accessible one to replace! #4 coilpack is on the left cylinder bank, closest to the firewall, under the intake trunking and MAF. Grrr! angry
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 29, 2013
Random exterior shots:

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 29, 2013
...And some more:

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 29, 2013
Interior shots:

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 29, 2013
...Yet more:

Rear screen electric privacy blind:

Audi bluetooth mobile phone:

Audi Bluetooth mobile phone, displaying on Audi MMI (Multi Media Interface) display:

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 29, 2013
Audi MMI display showing battery charge in percentage:

Audi MMI display showing lighting options:

Audi MMI display displaying playing media tracks - yeah, I love my Nigerian artists, especially the older ones: wink

Audi MMI display showing various customisable systems in the Car menu:

Audi MMI display showing Navigation map:

Audi MMI display showing suspension settings. I select dynamic, which lowers the car, and stiffens the dampers for optimum handling, allowing me to push this big car round corners, yet still remain firmly planted. At speeds of 70 mph and above, the suspension lowers a further 15mm, increasing high-speed stability:

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by uboma(m): 2:41am On Sep 29, 2013
Awesome! You sure do have eyes for good cars. Impeccable taste you got there. Congratulations on your latest purchase. She is a beauty to behold and a beast on the road with the V8 and 4.2 engine size. I'm sure it will be gulping down fuel. Very neat interior and sophisticated interior, I must say. We all need to celebrate this. I will be waiting for the e- champagne.

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by ziccoit: 3:20am On Sep 29, 2013
@Siena, this gorgeous ride must only be available with autotranny?

If that holds; can you say some people are working to face out manual tranny?

Are you planning to put the stick or you don't want to bother?

Congrats.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by skyfall: 3:39am On Sep 29, 2013
The car is beautiful and looks solid. You've got to respect the Germans.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by elektra80: 6:17am On Sep 29, 2013
So Siena even drives an automatic. Where are all those that says only dummies drive auto.. Ikenna et al. They even said dumb americans drive auto and even have a cup holder in their cars. LMAO. Very beautiful ride siena.. I want this someday. But siena.. this car doesn't have a cup holder or is there something I'm not seeing? So where do u keep ur coffee when u need to multitask?
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by ziccoit: 7:03am On Sep 29, 2013
When would Nigeria be blessed with brilliant AutoMechanics who could be easily accessed everywhere in the country and would be able to handle these kinds of ride? I don't get money to purchase these kind of ride now even if I had I wouldn't want to for fear of being destroyed by my cars-don't--need-thermostat AutoDestroyers. grin

Note- You need to view this thread on PC or Pad to appreciate the car. I used phone earlier but now using pad I'm wao.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by princemedico: 7:48am On Sep 29, 2013
Frankly, I am short of words. This is simply adorable.
Congratulobia!
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2013
smartchoice: is this the TRUTH NOW?

Yes sir, it is. Sorry about the deception, it was fun while the joke lasted though. wink

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 29, 2013
Congrats hope I will now have the courage to emulate you on an S-Class or an E420!

Siena:

Yes sir, it is. Sorry about the deception, it was fun while the joke lasted though. wink
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Lexusgs430: 8:20am On Sep 29, 2013
To appreciate the cruise, you needed to be seated @ the owners corner. Maybe we meet some day on the M25, for a drag race !!!!!
Lexus GS430 (4.3 V8) VS Audi S8 (4.2 V8)
NB: Tickets on sale now @ your nearest recharge kiosk !!!!!!
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 29, 2013
elektra80: But siena.. this car doesn't have a cup holder or is there something I'm not seeing? So where do u keep ur coffee when u need to multitask?

I never drink in any of my cars, my kids aren't allowed to drink or eat whilst sitting in my cars either. One of the most common cause of automatic electrical issues, that are external to the transmission and TCU are spilled drinks, knock a can of coke or similar onto the shifter, and problems start.

But in answer to your question bro, there are cup holders present. Two at the front, and two at the rear in the centre armrest. smiley

Front cupholders:

Rear cupholders:

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 29, 2013
Lexusgs430: Maybe we meet some day on the M25, for a drag race !!!!!
Lexus GS430 (4.3 V8) VS Audi S8 (4.2 V8)
NB: Tickets on sale now @ your nearest recharge kiosk !!!!!!

No M25 drag racing for me. Public road??

A testing facilty, or even a track day would be better. Let's see how 2WD versus AWD stack against each other in the chicanes and other twisty bits.

Straight line driving is easy, even for the inexperienced driver on UK roads. The real test comes when driving on the circuit, where there are tight left and right-handers. smiley
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 29, 2013
ziccoit: @Siena, this gorgeous ride must only be available with autotranny?

If that holds; can you say some people are working to face out manual tranny?

Are you planning to put the stick or you don't want to bother?

Congrats.

Thanks bro.

The first generation (D11 & D2) were available in Germany with a 6-speed manual option. With the D3, 6-speed Tiptronic only. I won't be converting this to manual, as the software won't support it. Sure it'll drive, but the ECU will be forever trying to communicate with the absent TCU, and with no communication, it'll go into EPC mode, limiting torque.

Cruise control and ABS will also be inoperative. For my manual fix, I've got my Audi A4 Quattro B5, with the S8 4.2 V8 2xDOCH 32V, running through a 6-speed manual.

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by elektra80: 9:38am On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=Siena]

[color=blue]I never drink in any of my cars, my kids aren't allowed to drink or eat whilst sitting in my cars either. One of the most common cause of automatic electrical issues, that are external to the transmission and TCU are spilled drinks, knock a can of coke or similar onto the shifter, and problems start.

I once drove a friend's 406 and into McDonald's drive thru.. got my order and as i was driving out, took a sip of the Pepsi and then tried to keep it.... and voila.. no cup holder. Ended up spilling the whole damn drink allover the car because there was no where to keep it. Cup holders are necessary.. u never know when u might need them.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 29, 2013
elektra80: I once drove a friend's 406 and into McDonald's drive thru.. got my order and as i was driving out, took a sip of the Pepsi and then tried to keep it.... and voila.. no cup holder. Ended up spilling the whole damn drink allover the car because there was no where to keep it. Cup holders are necessary.. u never know when u might need them.

I understand where you're coming from...my car has cup holders, but they are redundant, because no drinks are allowed in my cars...must be at least 7 years since I enforced that rule, and so far, it's never been broken.

2 Likes

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2013
Siena:

I understand where you're coming from...my car has cup holders, but they are redundant, because no drinks are allowed in my cars...must be at least 7 years since I enforced that rule, and so far, it's never been broken.

And what if i'm super thirsty, on a lonely road trip . . We have to park and I step out and drink or what
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by elektra80: 10:32am On Sep 29, 2013
Just took another look at the pics...chei...this is how all cars should look like.... Some people can comfortably afford this luxury in Nigeria but they choose to drive a bland Camry. I'm gonna own one of these while I'm still young.... Not when I'm old.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by elektra80: 10:34am On Sep 29, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:

And what if i'm super thirsty, on a lonely road trip . . We have to park and I step out and drink or what

ha ha ha.. The owner says no drinking in his car, I guess u will have to oblige
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2013
mxxpunkxx!:

You're an adult, so I'm sure you'll have your fill of drink before setting out. And there will be service areas where we could stop and drink / eat. If my kids all under the age of -years-old can cope, you as an adult will be just fine. smiley
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 29, 2013
uboma: I'm sure it will be gulping down fuel.

The Audi A8 4.2 V8 Quattro Sport is not as thirsty as the engine size may suggest.

The tank was on empty when I picked her up, I filled the 90-litre tank to the brim, cost £116. I drove from Coventry to Hayes (approx. 117 miles) and only used a quarter tank of gas. Average speed of 83 mph (134 km/h) and average gas mileage of 34.6 mpg isn't bad for a car the size of a bus. The base Audi A8 4.2 Quattro DOES weigh 1855 kilos (that's before extra options). So it's safe to say my car weighs over 1900 kilos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues / Auto Maintenance Issues. How Often Have You: / PAN Nigeria Higer Bus Bags Best New Auto Entrant Commercial Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.