Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

How To Become An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become An Atheist (23023 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2013
Olaadegbu is such a liar! A great one too. He is so good that he has deceived himself!

What is a Sin?! A sin is definitely far from an absolute truth. Sins are an invention limited to a particular culture -- the Jews. They are castles built on fear and dwell only in the mind like a child's.

However Olaadegbu self deception blocks his sight from realizing Sins are inconsequential to the outsiders of his lies (or religion). Atheists, agnostics don't have the christian guilt ridden complex. Freethinkers freely provide meaning to their existence as against mentally chained Christians who are bound to the subjective meanings of life suitable for just one man.

What is Sin?! The Christian answer is a cacophony of contradictory tones. The Christian (meaning all the Christian denominations) lacks the integrity of a single thought/voice, of a single conscience!

It is not Olaadegbu's place to claim self righteousness, Ola is dirty, he is a piece of rag (as the Bible admits), not worthy of value, destined for a self created "Hell". A freethinker is strongwilled, value creative, free from man made guilty, and ready to inherit the earth.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Hmmn. This article is full of misinformation. Let's grant that evolution is a fact and theory too.

It seems you used to argue against evolution sometime ago. Do you now take it as fact?

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Heathen(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
Didn't know i had been doing it wrong all along.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
Still waiting for my answers

*thinking out loud
Coded information is always the product of
an intelligent mind: At the centre of every
biological organism is a vast amount of
encoded information called DNA
(approximately the equivalent of 1.5 gig of
digital information in one DNA strand). Nothing
lives without that information and things go
terribly wrong when that information is
damaged. When we consider the full extent of
human knowledge, the only process that we
have ever observed in which vast amounts of
encoded information are assembled and
stored is through the agency of living minds.
Therefore, to assert that DNA is Mother
Nature’s fortunate little accidental child is laughable. The nature of the DNA is always and without
exception the product of an intelligent mind.

*thinking out loud

Atheist pls, can you all explain the DNA? How it came about? Who stored those data in them? Big bang theory, evolution or wharreva method you cn conjure cnt explain it

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Lordlexy: 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
Athiests, bunch of sadist. Looking for excuses to satisfy their lust. Anyone can choose to believe what he/she chooses to, which ever way God remains God. Engaging these folks, amount to waste of productive time. When an adult decided to have burnt his conscience for some silly reasons, his case remains irredeemable. God at sundry time has revealed Himself physically to many, myself inclusive, and yet some angry, 'over schooled' atheist would rather have me believed that i emerged from monkey. Sickness! If my encounter with divinity and that of several others, including that of a close friend of mine, a Ghanian (he was a muslim at tha time, when a man appeared to him and identified himself as Christ) are not enough to put the issue of God existence to rest, then i suppose, their case is pathetic and a hopeless one. OLU and GOMBS, once again, thanks to you guys for a neatly arranged rebuttal. No one could have put it any better. But while we awaits them to ring round the issues with the traditional rhetoric, i suggest that we have a way to allow believers to freely share their experiences and encounters with divine beings, that to me is one medicine that will heal them of whatever confusions and doubts in their minds. To the athiests in the house, i'm available to explain my encounter and that of my friend Christo the Ghanian. God bless you all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 1:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gombs: Still waiting for my answers

*thinking out loud
Coded information is always the product of
an intelligent mind: At the centre of every
biological organism is a vast amount of
encoded information called DNA
(approximately the equivalent of 1.5 gig of
digital information in one DNA strand). Nothing
lives without that information and things go
terribly wrong when that information is
damaged. When we consider the full extent of
human knowledge, the only process that we
have ever observed in which vast amounts of
encoded information are assembled and
stored is through the agency of living minds.
Therefore, to assert that DNA is Mother
Nature’s fortunate little accidental child is laughable. The nature of the DNA is always and without
exception the product of an intelligent mind.

*thinking out loud

Atheist pls, can you all explain the DNA? How it came about? Who stored those data in them? Big bang theory, evolution or wharreva method you cn conjure cnt explain it

That intelligent mind that thought it all up and built it, how sophisticated wld such a mind be?! And do you think that mind suddenly appeared?!

THINK!
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Lordlexy: 1:54pm On Sep 16, 2013
This post is classic. So simple and direct to the point. A must read for anyone who desired to be freed from the shackless of evolution bullcrap and the demons of deception called athiesm. OLA, THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE IS TRULY ON YOU.

3 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Lordlexy: 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
Kay 17:

That intelligent mind that thought it all up and built it, how sophisticated wld such a mind be?! And do you think that mind suddenly appeared?!

THINK!
Weak defence. Try again.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2013
Kay 17:

THINK!

grin

Ok, you now believe God exist but you wanna knw who created him?

Ans: He's the beginning and the end...he wasn't created

So, now who created n designed the DNA? I wanna know what atheist have to say about the uniqueness of the DNA. How such data was coded and stored

About evolution, you folks can't answer shii abt that...if man evolved from monkeys, why then do we still have monkeys?

3 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
^^

Then there lies the possibility that the DNA has always been this way since the beginning till the eND!!

Perfect midground

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29am On Sep 17, 2013
Lordlexy:

@OLA. What is the point trying to argue with folks who are bent on having their ways even when is obvious that there defences over the years about creation has proven flaws. What is rational for anyone to claim that the earth has no maker. Who invented law of logic then as you rightly pointed? And that humans emerged from ape is laughable. All these rebuttal are just attempt to remain lawless, rebellious to God only to satisfied their inordinate desire. I even heard that athiest don't believe anything spiritual. Joke of the century. Simply because you have never experience a thing, doesn't mean it does not exist. They ignorantly or foolishly try to either explain, castigate or make scorn of any spiritual encounter. Should i go ahead and narrate my encounter with an angel face to face in my bed room, will that be sufficient for them to be remorseful, to ponder, to be reflective or to subject it to scorn, waving aside or probably to questioning(which is ok, if done with an open mind to clear doubt, rather than to make jest)? Which ever way you look at it, i believe we all have conscience and we all know the truth. Except may be offcourse if you have pricked your conscience and decided to deliberately followed your established pattern, in which way, your case becomes irredeemable. Ola, God bless you richly.

My brother, please share your wonderful testimony. Who knows whether they would be convinced, convicted, converted, called and commissioned by it. May God richly bless you.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
wordcat: ;

Hehehehe so your are clapping for someone who said that something can not creat itself but believed that god created itself? Smh.

How do you read? Where did I say that God created itself?

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Gombs:

Thanks Ola...now over to atheists...Let's talk about Creation of the universe and all in it. You folks have funny theories just to make sure God wasn't the creator.

1.Evolution

If evolution were correct, and humans evolved from
monkeys, then why are monkeys still around today?
(Waiting for this answer grin who created d monkey sef? Why do you folks believe something/everything came from nothing?)

Even
Charles Darwin himself admitted that he regretted
sparking the lie of evolution. Atheists, however, still do
not want to admit it is wrong as the only other
explanation would be God.

2. Big Bang Theory
why do y'all atheist believe in the Big Bang theory sef? The big bang theory is impossible
.Something cannot come from nothing (except God, why? Because he is supreme being, the alpha and omega, he is the BEGINNING and the END). It is a scientific
impossibility (since you folk don't believe in God, science can't support your claims of something coming outta nothing). The idea that one second there wasn't
anything then another second there was, is frankly offensive to one's
intelligence.

Christians know God made the Earth and sun and stars.
Then he put the people and animals and plants here. You
can see it in the intelligent design of foods such as
bananas and kiwis. They are made to be eaten easily by
humans. If that isn't enough scientific proof for you
then you must be blind.

3. If God didn't create the Earth, why does everything
work so well?

It can't be coincidence that we have air to breath,
water to drink, and churches to pray in. God intended it
that way.

The fact that every ecosystem in the world acts in
accordance with itself and survives is proof of an
intelligent design. If it all just happened, as evolution
and the big bang seem to suggest, there would be chaos
everywhere, No? Instead, the more we delve into scientific
fields, we find order. Order that can only be provided
by a benevolent creator.

3. On what is conscience and morals based on?

4. Don't you think of all creation, man is distinct? Why is he special? Why does he matter? Why no whales or lions or baboons?

Can you explain how comes... grin

Lemme get answers to these first...I'm just getting warmed up

Bro. please take it easy on them. Ask them one question at a time otherwise you will be giving them an opportunity to hide under the excuse that the questions are too many.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
@Olaadegbu, i love this post..nice write up

@Gombs, Lol..You want me to laugh craze finish for here..abeg take am easy..

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Lordlexy: Athiests, bunch of sadist. Looking for excuses to satisfy their lust. Anyone can choose to believe what he/she chooses to, which ever way God remains God. Engaging these folks, amount to waste of productive time. When an adult decided to have burnt his conscience for some silly reasons, his case remains irredeemable. God at sundry time has revealed Himself physically to many, myself inclusive, and yet some angry, 'over schooled' atheist would rather have me believed that i emerged from monkey. Sickness! If my encounter with divinity and that of several others, including that of a close friend of mine, a Ghanian (he was a muslim at tha time, when a man appeared to him and identified himself as Christ) are not enough to put the issue of God existence to rest, then i suppose, their case is pathetic and a hopeless one. OLU and GOMBS, once again, thanks to you guys for a neatly arranged rebuttal. No one could have put it any better. But while we awaits them to ring round the issues with the traditional rhetoric, i suggest that we have a way to allow believers to freely share their experiences and encounters with divine beings, that to me is one medicine that will heal them of whatever confusions and doubts in their minds. To the athiests in the house, i'm available to explain my encounter and that of my friend Christo the Ghanian. God bless you all.

Well said bro

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
Most christians (inlcuding Olaadegbu) should be banned from writing about atheism.

They dont even understand the word "disbelief"...not to even talk of even understanding atheism.

Olaadegbu can not even understand how his fellow christians do not even believe his "there and back" hell tales.

Sir, you are not qualified to talk about atheism

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Most christians (inlcuding Olaadegbu) should be banned from writing about atheism.

They dont even understand the word "disbelief"...not to even talk of even understanding atheism.

Olaadegbu can not even understand how his fellow christians do not even believe his "there and back" hell tales.

I wish we could let threads like this slide down to the backpages of this section where they belong. To be ignorant is one thing, to be grossly misinformed is another, but to be confidently ignorant and eager to peddle misinformation...... smh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

I wish we could let threads like this slide down to the backpages of this section where they belong. To be ignorant is one thing, to be grossly misinformed is another, but to be confidently ignorant and eager to peddle misinformation...... smh..

Well said. Couldnt agree more
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Well said. Couldnt agree more
\

@Logicboy..welcome back..i knew you wouldnt leave NL just like that..
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Most christians (inlcuding Olaadegbu) should be banned from writing about atheism.

Some athiests talk about christainity everytime, even the ones that dont even know jack about it so let Olaadegbu be if reverse is the case...

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
joel lala:

Some athiests talk about christainity everytime, even the ones that dont even know jack about it so let Olaadegbu be if reverse is the case...
Some atheists were former Christians.. was Ola a former atheist too like Anony?

HEHE, another evidence that atheism correlates with intelligence? cheesy
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

Just keep praising yourself for something you rarely have..athiest come out here everyday talking about christainity so why are you crying foul when ola does the same..SMH..bunch of cry babies

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Emusan(m): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
Shoooooo shocked

Abi na, it's only atheist that do understand everything. Afterall "Atheism is a belief that there's no God".

The likes of Frosbel, Logicboy and co!

Do you also qualify to about Christianity?

Shalom!
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
aManFromMars:

If atheism correlates with intelligence, explain theses

Who created n designed the DNA? I wanna
know what atheist have to say about the uniqueness
of the DNA. How such data was coded and stored

And about evolution, you folks can't answer poo abt
that...if man evolved from monkeys, why then do we
still have monkeys?

Your time starts now....I cn wait till 2080 tho

Logicboy wants us banned for discussing atheism? Bwahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhah

*with tears in eyes

Logicboy..you shd consider comedy as a profession
Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
^^
Intelligence is not in knowing everything or having vast knowledge. Intelligence is practical and demonstrable.

Your question about monkeys is off because humans are not said to have evolved from monkeys, they are said to have had a common ancestor.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
jayriginal: ^^
Intelligence is not in knowing everything or having vast knowledge. Intelligence is practical and demonstrable.

Your question about monkeys is off because humans are not said to have evolved from monkeys, they are said to have had a common ancestor.

Who is their common ancestor? grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
Gombs:

Am waiting for a reply too...Lol

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
@Olaadegbu
@Gombs

God Bless U Both
Gombs i just love Ur Signature

I Am A Christian..
I know I can't be wrong
God has Shown himself too faithful

Thankyou Lord

How Do Atheists feel when they wakeup
Breathe the fresh Air
See the Faces Of their Loved ones
Hale & Hearty
n still not believe in God
don't U see the Starry nights
The Sun
The beautiful Skies

Seeing The Face Of My Family Alone makes me grateful to God

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2013
Gombs:

joel lala:

Am waiting for a reply too...Lol

Are you asking as an acknowledgement that your question about the monkeys was wrong?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 18, 2013
Gombs:

If atheism correlates with intelligence, explain theses

Who created n designed the DNA? I wanna
know what atheist have to say about the uniqueness
of the DNA. How such data was coded and stored

And about evolution, you folks can't answer poo abt
that...if man evolved from monkeys, why then do we
still have monkeys?

Your time starts now....I cn wait till 2080 tho

Logicboy wants us banned for discussing atheism? Bwahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhah

*with tears in eyes

Logicboy..you shd consider comedy as a profession

You don't even know what intelligence means going by your questions.

3 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
jayriginal:

Are you asking as an acknowledgement that your question about the monkeys was wrong?

Twas you folks who said we evolved from monkey..I now asked, if we actually did, we do we still have monkeys today? You now goofed and said we and monkeys have a Common ancestor..I now asked who is their common ancestor? And you can't seem to have the faintest idea...hence I'm concluding you and other atheist are wrong..very very

3 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 12:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
aManFromMars:

You don't even know what intelligence means going by your questions.

We are not discussing intelligence, I won't google for you what it means, obviously you have a weird definition for intellligence...however...Just answer the question, if you can't, pls roll over...I'd understand, trust me bro, I know that feeling grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Mbaka: Buhari Working With Those Who Will Pull Him Down / Apostle Suleman Clashes With Kennedy Achee, A Cameroonian Over Refugees / 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.