Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

How To Become An Atheist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become An Atheist (23021 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
Gombs:

Twas you folks who said we evolved from monkey

You are assuming too much.

..I now asked, if we actually did, we do we still have monkeys today?

Which is a wrong question to ask.

You now goofed . . .

Oh no. I corrected you. Feel free to look it up.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 3:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ok, lemme don't assume..pls furnish me with a detailed account of how the universe and man came about.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by mazaje(m): 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
Chikeziehosan: @Olaadegbu

I Am A Christian..
I know I can't be wrong
God has Shown himself too faithful

How?. . .Allah has shown himself too faithful to muslims as well, same with the hindu gods and goddesses. . .

How Do Atheists feel when they wakeup
Breathe the fresh Air
See the Faces Of their Loved ones
Hale & Hearty
n still not believe in God

How do christians feel when they wake up and see so many of their loved ones afflicted with different types of sicknesssick , children born blind, many with congenital diseases, natural disasters, etc. . .And still believe in a loving and fatherly god that protects them?. . .

don't U see the Starry nights
The Sun
The beautiful Skies

You don'ty see the eatrth quakes, mudslides, raging storms kill many. . . diseases, drought etc. .

Seeing The Face Of My Family Alone makes me grateful to God

And if sickness and death takes one of your family away you will still believe and give thanks to the same loving and protective god, no?. . .What about many that have lost their loved ones?. . .There is as much chaos as there is order in the world. . .To only report one side is to be dishonest and to not know what reality is all about. . .

6 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 10:40am On Sep 19, 2013
Gombs: Ok, lemme don't assume..pls furnish me with a detailed account of how the universe and man came about.

Im not even sure how to address this. Detailed account you say?

I have neither the time nor the inclination. You can do some reading on your own if you are serious. There are several threads here discussing these issues. I would have posted a link for you but the last time I used that link, I got banned.

Go to google and use it. Then come back here.

Thank you.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2013
I understand bro...I knw that feeling grin
Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2013
^^

There are many theists here that are aware of the "rational" theories and explanations yet choose to believe in their "myths". Its one thing to argue with that kind.

To argue with someone who needs a detailed explanation, is another kettle of fish entirely. Where does one start from?

I mean, if you do not even know that man did not evolve from monkeys as you think, where do I start from?

Listen, do some reading. Im not trying to change your beliefs, in fact I made a simple correction. Do some reading before you argue.

Take that as a challenge.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
jayriginal: ^^

There are many theists here that are aware of the "rational" theories and explanations yet choose to believe in their "myths". Its one thing to argue with that kind.

To argue with someone who needs a detailed explanation, is another kettle of fish entirely. Where does one start from?

I mean, if you do not even know that man did not evolve from monkeys as you think, where do I start from?

Listen, do some reading. Im not trying to change your beliefs, in fact I made a simple correction. Do some reading before you argue.

Take that as a challenge.

See question I asked you before now, a plain question you can't seem to understand (tho I understand why grin)

Ok, lemme don't assume..pls furnish me with a
detailed account of how the universe and man came
about.

If you can't tell me how you think d universe came about, just roll over..you don't need you speak much grammar.

Simple thing o..if you cnt explain, just write out what you think brought out the universe and man, shikena.

You said you didn't have time o, but you had time to type the above. Time you should have used to answer my simple question. Keep going round and round... I understand grin

grin believe me I do

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by jayriginal: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
The information is readily available if you want it. That is what I have been trying to tell you.

You asked for a detailed explanation which is not a simple thing to do considering the level of ignorance you have displayed.

I wouldnt know where to start from. Who knows if I will have to teach you the alphabet first?
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Gombs(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2013
grin

I do understand bro!
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
Gombs: Ok, lemme don't assume..pls furnish me with a detailed account of how the universe and man came about.

This is the common mistake most lay theists make, rather than stand on their feet, they rely on uncertainties and gaps in human knowledge to make their claims. And whenever such gaps close up, they are left with nothing.

Our knowledge about Universe keeps changing and evolving, from seeing it as static and mechanical, to an ever expanding, ever changing and puzzling mindblowing quantum facts.

Our knowledge remains as it is our knowledge.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Sep 20, 2013
Kay 17:

Olaadegbu is such a liar! A great one too. He is so good that he has deceived himself!

What's your evidence that I lied? Do you believe in your worldview that lying is wrong?

Kay 17:

What is a Sin?! A sin is definitely far from an absolute truth. Sins are an invention limited to a particular culture -- the Jews. They are castles built on fear and dwell only in the mind like a child's.

Can you tell me one culture that believes lying is a virtue?

Kay 17:

However Olaadegbu self deception blocks his sight from realizing Sins are inconsequential to the outsiders of his lies (or religion). Atheists, agnostics don't have the christian guilt ridden complex. Freethinkers freely provide meaning to their existence as against mentally chained Christians who are bound to the subjective meanings of life suitable for just one man.

Please tell us the origin of life and of the universe. What is man's purpose in life and what happens after man dies?

Kay 17:

What is Sin?! The Christian answer is a cacophony of contradictory tones. The Christian (meaning all the Christian denominations) lacks the integrity of a single thought/voice, of a single conscience!

Treason is a sin. God is rightly angry at you for your treason against Him.

Kay 17:

It is not Olaadegbu's place to claim self righteousness, Ola is dirty, he is a piece of rag (as the Bible admits), not worthy of value, destined for a self created "Hell". A freethinker is strongwilled, value creative, free from man made guilty, and ready to inherit the earth.

To be precise. All who go about their own self righteousness are like filthy menstrual pads before God. Atheistic evolution is in fact a religion that you use in dumbing down your conscience from feeling guilty. The alarm of your conscience is still ringing but you have stifled it with your "religion" which deceives you into a false sense of security.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2013
Kay 17:

This is the common mistake most lay theists make, rather than stand on their feet, they rely on uncertainties and gaps in human knowledge to make their claims. And whenever such gaps close up, they are left with nothing.

Our knowledge about Universe keeps changing and evolving, from seeing it as static and mechanical, to an ever expanding, ever changing and puzzling mindblowing quantum facts.

Our knowledge remains as it is our knowledge.

Yeah ! Like space expanding. Or something popping out of nothing, or a quantum vacuum as Krauss called it.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Sep 20, 2013
Lordlexy:

This post is classic. So simple and direct to the point. A must read for anyone who desired to be freed from the shackless of evolution bullcrap and the demons of deception called athiesm. OLA, THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE IS TRULY ON YOU.

Amen I claim that in Jesus' name. You are right, its a must read especially for those wanna be "atheists".
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2013
Lordlexy:

Athiests, bunch of sadist. Looking for excuses to satisfy their lust. Anyone can choose to believe what he/she chooses to, which ever way God remains God. Engaging these folks, amount to waste of productive time. When an adult decided to have burnt his conscience for some silly reasons, his case remains irredeemable. God at sundry time has revealed Himself physically to many, myself inclusive, and yet some angry, 'over schooled' atheist would rather have me believed that i emerged from monkey. Sickness! If my encounter with divinity and that of several others, including that of a close friend of mine, a Ghanian (he was a muslim at tha time, when a man appeared to him and identified himself as Christ) are not enough to put the issue of God existence to rest, then i suppose, their case is pathetic and a hopeless one. OLU and GOMBS, once again, thanks to you guys for a neatly arranged rebuttal. No one could have put it any better. But while we awaits them to ring round the issues with the traditional rhetoric, i suggest that we have a way to allow believers to freely share their experiences and encounters with divine beings, that to me is one medicine that will heal them of whatever confusions and doubts in their minds. To the athiests in the house, i'm available to explain my encounter and that of my friend Christo the Ghanian. God bless you all.

I believe your testimony will go a long way in convincing, convicting and converting these doubting Thomases since they have refused to believe the word of God. Please share it with the house to the glory of God.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Lordlexy:

This post is classic. So simple and direct to the point. A must read for anyone who desired to be freed from the shackless of evolution bullcrap and the demons of deception called athiesm. OLA, THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE IS TRULY ON YOU.

Let's hope they will read it and be wise. The link suggested in the OP shows a short movie that did a better job at exposing the fallacy of their evolution worldview.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Most christians (inlcuding Olaadegbu) should be banned from writing about atheism.

Why and where is your tolerance for folks of a different persuassion?

Logicboy03:

They dont even understand the word "disbelief"...not to even talk of even understanding atheism.

Your "disbelief" in God is purely irrational.

Logicboy03:

Olaadegbu can not even understand how his fellow christians do not even believe his "there and back" hell tales.

We are free to agree to disagree.

Logicboy03:

Sir, you are not qualified to talk about atheism

I don't have to be an atheist anonymous to be able to talk about atheism, the Bible gives more than enough education on the topic.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18am On Sep 20, 2013
aManFromMars:

I wish we could let threads like this slide down to the backpages of this section where they belong. To be ignorant is one thing, to be grossly misinformed is another, but to be confidently ignorant and eager to peddle misinformation...... smh..

You wish. grin
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2013
aManFromMars:

Some atheists were former Christians.. was Ola a former atheist too like Anony?

HEHE, another evidence that atheism correlates with intelligence? cheesy

Evidence that atheism correlates with "intelligence"

3 Likes

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What's your evidence that I lied? Do you believe in your worldview that lying is wrong?

Can you tell me one culture that believes lying is a virtue?

Please tell us the origin of life and of the universe. What is man's purpose in life and what happens after man dies?

Treason is a sin. God is rightly angry at you for your treason against Him.

To be precise. All who go about their own self righteousness are like filthy menstrual pads before God. Atheistic evolution is in fact a religion that you use in dumbing down your conscience from feeling guilty. The alarm of your conscience is still ringing but you have stifled it with your "religion" which deceives you into a false sense of security.

I didn't say lying is good, obviously in respect to my whole post I clearly find lying as distasteful as I find you.

Your lies of omniscience. That you know the actual causes and nature of the Universe, and afterlife whereas you are negligent towards the real facts.

You are a lost cause.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kay 17:

I didn't say lying is good, obviously in respect to my whole post I clearly find lying as distasteful as I find you.

Ouch! At least you confirm that there is absolute morality since you cannot give one instance of a culture or society that sees lying as a virtue, which is inconsistent with your atheistic view of life.

Kay 17:

Your lies of omniscience. That you know the actual causes and nature of the Universe, and afterlife whereas you are negligent towards the real facts.

I do not claim to be Omniscient. Only the infinite God is Omniscient, unchanging God has all knowledge (Colossians 2:3). Whatever knowledge I've got is from the Omniscient, infinite God that you deny. On the other hand, atheists who are so certain that there is no God are the ones claiming to have all knowledge in the universe. With all the knowledge you've got you couldn't fathom the ultimate cause of the universe or where life emanates from.

Kay 17:

You are a lost cause.

Get an afterlife. tongue
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
joel lala:

Just keep praising yourself for something you rarely have..athiest come out here everyday talking about christainity so why are you crying foul when ola does the same..SMH..bunch of cry babies

See the depiction above that shows what they (atheists) claim to be intelligence. Romans 1:22 comes to mind.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Kay17: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Ouch! At least you confirm that there is absolute morality since you cannot give one instance of a culture or society that sees lying as a virtue, which is inconsistent with your atheistic view of life.

I do not claim to be Omniscient. Only the infinite God is Omniscient, unchanging God has all knowledge (Colossians 2:3). Whatever knowledge I've got is from the Omniscient, infinite God that you deny. On the other hand, atheists who are so certain that there is no God are the ones claiming to have all knowledge in the universe. With all the knowledge you've got you couldn't fathom the ultimate cause of the universe or where life emanates from.

Get an afterlife. tongue

How did you with your limited knowledge know God is omniscient?! Either you merely believed what the Bible said without caring whether its true or false.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kay 17:

How did you with your limited knowledge know God is omniscient?! Either you merely believed what the Bible said without caring whether its true or false.

Through God's record of cause. He didn't leave us without a witness. As I said before, the infinite Omniscient God is outside of time, to Him a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. He sees time past, present and future in a stretch. He knows everything thing before it happens because He created time. He is not bound by time and He sees all life and history from start to finish simultaneously. The Holy Scriptures attests to this through the holy prophets who God used to let folks know what was to happen. He knows all things before it happens. He knows how the universe began and how it will end and He has recorded this in the Bible for His children to know. And I know that it is true because prophecy and true science confirms His Words.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by xpacsmith: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
for all those who thinks he can talk the way he chooses,be warned cause " he who wants to be a hero should be ready to die like one" if u know what I mean? wink

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
Believers in atheistic evolution shoot themselves in the foot more than once when they talk of "building blocks of life." The first bullet is that it is scientifically impossible for life to come from non-life, and secondly, talk of "building blocks" always necessitates a Builder. No building of any sort has been built without a builder. To try rid God from science is like trying to remove air from the earth's atmosphere. It doesn't work.

One of the evolutionary scientists in "Evolution vs. God" said something that actually rang true. She maintained that people who believe in Intelligent Design "lack an imagination." Evolutionists would make good Disney Imagineers. They wish upon a star, toss in the magic of billions of years, and there you have it. But it is nothing but fantasy. In the beginning there was ammonia, carbon dioxide and methanol and ice. There was a big collision and time gave us giraffes, horses, cats, bats, elephants, dogs, frogs, fleas, bees, all with male and female, reproducing after their own kind. Darwinian evolution is an intellectual embarrassment. These people are lost. They don't know where they came from, what they are doing here or where they are going.

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Ifeness02: 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
A guy who has never met or seen jesus talking so much about him. Empty drums makes the loudest noise. Let me watch from the side line

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
"I have had few difficulties, many friends, great success; I have gone from wife to wife, and from house to house, visited great countries of the world, but I am fed up with inventing devices to fill up 24 hours of the day." -- Suicide note of cartoonist Ralph Barton

Existence without God is futile . . . it is "chasing the wind." It is the tragic fruit of godlessness.

Re: How To Become An Atheist by Ifeness02: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
"I have had few difficulties, many friends, great success; I have gone from wife to wife, and from house to house, visited great countries of the world, but I am fed up with inventing devices to fill up 24 hours of the day." -- Suicide note of cartoonist Ralph Barton

Existence without God is futile . . . it is "chasing the wind." It is the tragic fruit of godlessness.

Worship of god makes life meaningless. Shine your eyes,you were born free.

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ifeness02:

Worship of god makes life meaningless. Shine your eyes,you were born free.

Watch the short documentary in the suggested link above and you will smell the coffee.
Re: How To Become An Atheist by Femmymata2(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Something can not come from nothing(RIGHT). The Universe(something) came from God(something)RIGHT. God(something) came from (Nothing)RIGHT. So why can't the Universe not come from Nothing. Without Man there's no God!!!. If God exists he/she/it doesn't need the op to tell us

1 Like

Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2013
An atheist once challenged believers in his community. He said:

"If I firmly believed, as millions say they do, that the knowledge and practice of religion in this life influences destiny in another, then religion would mean to me everything. I would cast away earthly enjoyments as dross, earthly cares as follies, and earthly thoughts and feelings as vanity. Religion would be my first waking thought and my last image before sleep sank me into unconsciousness. I should labour in its cause alone. I would take thought for the morrow of Eternity alone. I would esteem one soul gained for heaven worth a life of suffering. Earthly consequences would never stay my hand, or seal my lips. Earth, its joys and its griefs, would occupy no moment of my thoughts. I would strive to look upon Eternity alone, and on the immortal souls around me, soon to be everlastingly happy or everlastingly miserable. I would go forth to the world and preach to it in season and out of season, and my text would be, WHAT SHALL IT PROFIT A MAN, IF HE SHALL GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, AND LOSE HIS SOUL?"

Let the fire and passion for souls that burned in the heart of every member in the early Church burn in your soul. Preach to save the lost. -- Dr W.F. Kumuyi
Re: How To Become An Atheist by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2013
Femmymata2:

Something can not come from nothing(RIGHT).

Femmymata2:

The Universe(something) came from God(something)RIGHT.

Wrong. Godisnothing. Crack that.

Femmymata2:

God(something) came from (Nothing)RIGHT.

Double wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Femmymata2:

So why can't the Universe not come from Nothing.

Read the first page to see why the universe cannot come from nothing.

Femmymata2:

Without Man there's no God!!!. If God exists he/she/it doesn't need the op to tell us

I'll rather say if there were no God there will be no "atheists." cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / Mbaka: Buhari Working With Those Who Will Pull Him Down / 6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.