Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (9163 Views)

Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (pfn) Where In Your Bible Are You Told You Can Judge? / Show Me The Autheticity Of Your Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
cold:
Why do you keep coming across as borderline r3tard?So you need religion or belief in an imaginary friend to discern right from wrong.Oh so you didn't know murder was wrong until you read it in your storybook?Without religion there'll be good and bad people but it takes religion for good people to do evil.In fact,men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions.Go back & read your bible again.This time do not cherry pick as all Christians are won't to do.Read it in its entirety,you might just get the message..hopefully

There is no objective morality what maybe right for you to others might be wrong, I believe religion helps in providing some form our conformity in morality at least for the adherents of that particular religion.

'It takes religion for good people to do evil' how did you arrive at this conclusion, can you provide any proof? Please don't be making assertions and passing them off as fact without any shred of evidence.
Re: . by cold(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

There is no objective morality what maybe right for you to others might be wrong, I believe religion helps in providing some form our conformity in morality at least for the adherents of that particular religion.

'It takes religion for good people to do evil' how did you arrive at this conclusion, can you provide any proof? Please don't be making assertions and passing them off as fact without any shred of evidence.
Murder is a universal wrong. Nothing subjective about that.Tell me one major war that didn't have some religious undertone
Re: . by haibe(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2013
cold:
Murder is a universal wrong. Nothing subjective about that.Tell me one major war that didn't have some religious undertone

It is true that murder is universally wrong, so what is the punishment for a murderer?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2013
tony_runo: @ nwuyag! Awesome writeup bro! thought provoking stuff too.....However they still turn a blind eye but then, insist u read their own stuff with an open mind....To an extent, it sure proves that you just cant reason someone out of a position they didnt reason themselves into in the first place.
yeah, I guess they can't change, despite all logicboy and oomans effort, they don't know some of us were christians. they think atheism is a religion, its d real world. its a pity

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2013
Mintayo: ^^^
do u really need to write this long post to show to us that you dnt believe in te Christain God?
What you believe does not matter,God exists,you are the one with the problem of not believing jawe...
I just it won't be too late before you realize that God exists!
just imagine a moslem preaching to you and telling u some shit?
that is the same way I see religion, use that perspective and read my post again
Re: . by cold(m): 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
haibe:

It is true that murder is universally wrong, so what is the punishment for a murderer?
My idea of punishment should be different from yours since you lay claim to a loving god. Your problem is you keep picking & choosing what you find convenient at a particular time. But this is no surprise because the book on which your whole life rotates is a compendium of confusion & contradictions

Re: . by haibe(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2013
cold:
My idea of punishment should be different from yours since you lay claim to a loving god. Your problem is you keep picking & choosing what you find convenient at a particular time. But this is no surprise because the book on which your whole life rotates is a compendium of confusion & contradictions

Will you answer my question or shut up!!
Re: . by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2013
I'll answer your question....if the murderer is found guilty, they should be jailed for life. Go ahead and make your point
Re: . by haibe(m): 11:07am On Sep 22, 2013
tony_runo: I'll answer your question....if the murderer is found guilty, they should be jailed for life. Go ahead and make your point

so is the nigerian constitution not fair for making the judgement of a muderer death?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 22, 2013
haibe:

so is the nigerian constitution not fair for making the judgement of a muderer death?

I reckon its fair to a certain extent but if I had my way, wouldnt be so.
Re: . by quivah(f): 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
dear haibe! I just realized how stupid god made you,he must be regretting that now!

Sup with the "thread closed" picture?!
If your bossy bottom dey hurt,jump into the river.
i just saw that picture,and I couldnt help but laugh
Please,become a mod first then get to know how to do it right not just post a pix!..
Re: . by haibe(m): 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
tony_runo:

I reckon its fair to a certain extent but if I had my way, wouldnt be so.

yes you wont have it so but now that its so, can you do anything about it?
Re: . by haibe(m): 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
quivah: dear haibe! I just realized how stupid god made you,he must be regretting that now!

Sup with the "thread closed" picture?!
If your bossy bottom dey hurt,jump into the river.
i just saw that picture,and I couldnt help but laugh
Please,become a mod first then get to know how to do it right not just post a pix!..

I need reasonable people to talk to, you posted something without being able to defend it, that shows how unreasonable you are, do not derail your own thread, its more like commiting suicide
Re: . by quivah(f): 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
haibe:

I need reasonable people to talk to, you posted something without being able to defend it, that shows how unreasonable you are, do not derail your own thread, its more like commiting suicide
and have you been able to counter them with the reasonable people you wanna talk to?!..no! except if you mean defending my fake version of the bible.
Btw, I can't defend my post without anyone being able to prove it wrong..you are trying to be that person but you kept failing.
Learn from reygenius,he's miles ahead of ya.
Besides,i'm following a person's advice here by toning down..will check back in if you'v been able to prove my post wrong!!!!
I'm not here to argue not until you are worth arguing with or till when my post is proven wrong.
Till then, Ciao.

Oh duuuh!bless easter bunny!
Re: . by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
haibe:

yes you wont have it so but now that its so, can you do anything about it?

Something can actually be done about it but presently, No I cant do anything....
Re: . by haibe(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
tony_runo:

Something can actually be done about it but presently, No I cant do anything....

okay but why do you think its unfair to kill a man that has commited murder?
Re: . by haibe(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
quivah:
and have you been able to counter them with the reasonable people you wanna talk to?!..no! except if you mean defending my fake version of the bible.
Btw, I can't defend my post without anyone being able to prove it wrong..you are trying to be that person but you kept failing.
Besides,i'm following a person's advice here by toning down..will check back in if you'v been able to prove my post wrong!!!!
I'm not here to argue not until you are w arguing with or till when my post is proven wrong.
Till then, Ciao.

I have countered your claims but perhaps you are so dull that you did not notice it, I have been trying to have a peaceful argument but it seems you do not like it that way, it shows how immature you are, learn from your mates the way the argue without placing emotions.
Re: . by haibe(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2013
quivah:
I'm not here to argue not until you are worth arguing with or till when my post is proven wrong.
Till then, Ciao.

Re: . by cold(m): 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
haibe:

Will you answer my question or shut up!!
Yeah i have to agree with o'reilly. Your god does make mistakes. This is very evident in your case. You're pathetic. Can't even put up a strong defense for your savage,brutish & bloodthirsty god. He must be ashamed of you

Re: . by Nobody: 3:52am On Sep 23, 2013
haibe:

okay but why do you think its unfair to kill a man that has commited murder?

I didnt say it's 'unfair', I said I reckon it is 'fair' to a certain extent...IMO, in as much as the act of killing the murderer may seem satisfying, allowing them to live the rest of their life in misery/imprisonment feels more befitting....i have a question for u though...do you ever consider God unfair in his dealings sometimes? I assume you have read the bible extensively...
Re: . by quivah(f): 7:17am On Sep 23, 2013
haibe:

I have countered your claims but perhaps you are so dull that you did not notice it, I have been trying to have a peaceful argument but it seems you do not like it that way, it shows how immature you are, learn from your mates the way the argue without placing emotions.

hey hey!!!
Please, just act like christ ok?!.
Else god would throw you into that hell...
Loool!.. I saw those dumb counter you claim,but I ain't that dumb to see it/them as one!!
Its written down,what defense do you have? That he made a mistake or he wiped out a whole nation for good?! What good?!
Don't you read your bible well?..
Doesnt it say,you shouldnt defend your god(another reason you might end up in hell just like me if its actually real) if hes not dumb as you,he will defend himself..don't bother to quote me..
Tired of your useless talks,act wise and leave..
I'm out!
Re: . by haibe(m): 7:24am On Sep 23, 2013
tony_runo:

I didnt say it's 'unfair', I said I reckon it is 'fair' to a certain extent...IMO, in as much as the act of killing the murderer may seem satisfying, allowing them to live the rest of their life in misery/imprisonment feels more befitting....i have a question for u though...do you ever consider God unfair in his dealings sometimes? I assume you have read the bible extensively...

yes I think its unfair sometimes until I realise the reason behind it.
Re: . by haibe(m): 7:27am On Sep 23, 2013
tony_runo:

isn't it better to kill them once than allowing them to live in misery for life? I think the soldier in a war ground understands this better.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 23, 2013
haibe:

isn't it better to kill them once than allowing them to live in misery for life? I think the soldier in a war ground understands this better.

In the end, it all boils down to opinion...for me, i'd rather they suffer the consequences of their actions that way.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 23, 2013
haibe:

yes I think its unfair sometimes until I realise the reason behind it.

By realising the reason, i guess you suggest whatever action taken becomes justified. Fair enough. However, I'd would like to get ur say on a certain story. Its the story of Uzzah( 1 Chronicles 13). The actions carried out by God? Can it really be justified? Naturally any kind and loving being wont endorse such no matter what, but there becomes a serious twist to the whole story when you actually remember that God is meant to be omni-scient and must have known before hand what would happen and yet still get so pissed and strike him down...whats your take on all that?
Re: . by haibe(m): 10:57am On Sep 23, 2013
tony_runo:

By realising the reason, i guess you suggest whatever action taken becomes justified. Fair enough. However, I'd would like to get ur say on a certain story. Its the story of Uzzah( 1 Chronicles 13). The actions carried out by God? Can it really be justified? Naturally any kind and loving being wont endorse such no matter what, but there becomes a serious twist to the whole story when you actually remember that God is meant to be omni-scient and must have known before hand what would happen and yet still get so pissed and strike him down...whats your take on all that?

thanks for the question, firstly I hope you know God is just, according to God’s instructions regarding the ark, Uzzah was not supposed to touch it. Besides, the ark was not supposed to be transferred on a cart but on shoulders of priests called Kohathites (Numbers 4:1-20). So, to put it simply: God acted justly and not unfairly as you may think.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 23, 2013
haibe:

thanks for the question, firstly I hope you know God is just, according to God’s instructions regarding the ark, Uzzah was not supposed to touch it. Besides, the ark was not supposed to be transferred on a cart but on shoulders of priests called Kohathites (Numbers 4:1-20). So, to put it simply: God acted justly and not unfairly as you may think.

So you are saying God striking Uzzah down without warning in that scenario is morally right and fair, even though Uzzah apparently had no ill intentions? you seriously dont find anything wrong with any of that? Even David was displeased, but I guess out of fear he couldnt really get angry at God....well, I rest my case. But deep down, something tells me, that anyone including you haibe wont find such an action unfair. Its funny however, if you were to read a similar story any where else but the bible, you would probably be infuriated and call for justice. I rest my case.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 23, 2013
Besides you seem to have ignored the 'supposed' omni-scient feature of God. He saw it before it even happened but yet let it happen
Re: . by haibe(m): 11:51am On Sep 23, 2013
tony_runo:

So you are saying God striking Uzzah down without warning in that scenario is morally right and fair

A commandment/instruction is also a warning bro
Re: . by haibe(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2013
tony_runo: Besides you seem to have ignored the 'supposed' omni-scient feature of God. He saw it before it even happened but yet let it happen

if God stopped every action because he knows, then he created humans like robots and infact this world won't make sense, think of it.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
haibe:

A commandment/instruction is also a warning bro

smh....There's no point really. You wouldnt find fault with anything as far as the Bible says "God did it or God allows it". so much for 'Mercy' and 'kindness'. Why? He could have just struck down Adam and Eve as well since it pisses him off that much when people disobey.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 23, 2013
tony_runo: Besides you seem to have ignored the 'supposed' omni-scient feature of God. He saw it before it even happened but yet let it happen
I like where you are going. good point...
They always run away from that word "omniscient" cos it gets them confused

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Must We Look Unto Jesus Alone? / Must Every Pastor Gel Their Hair In Chris Embassy? / Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.