Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (9164 Views)

Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? / Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (pfn) Where In Your Bible Are You Told You Can Judge? / Show Me The Autheticity Of Your Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
haibe:

if God stopped every action because he knows, then he created humans like robots and infact this world won't make sense, think of it.

Does it not bother you that some one who has actually seen the future or knows what will happen still acts surprised or pissed off? U agree then that God already saw it happen....so why the anger like he had no idea Uzzah could do such a thing? Or was he expecting Uzzah to act differently? Perhaps he should have just gone on to create humans like robots then, if he really cant bear the thought of anyone disobeying him. At least no one would have to burn in hell....I'm actually thinking bro. I employ you to do same.
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
tony_runo:

So you are saying God striking Uzzah down without warning in that scenario is morally right and fair, even though Uzzah apparently had no ill intentions? you seriously dont find anything wrong with any of that? Even David was displeased, but I guess out of fear he couldnt really get angry at God....well, I rest my case. But deep down, something tells me, that anyone including you haibe wont find such an action unfair. Its funny however, if you were to read a similar story any where else but the bible, you would probably be infuriated and call for justice. I rest my case.
you know He actually gave u a sincere answer but you just decide to ignore it.
You actually want him to tell you what you wanted to hear,this is what weary me abt u athiest.
God is God and He is just,u want God to reason like human,but no,that is why He is God,it is pride that makes people to become athiest,PRIDE,it is not abt asking questions but PRIDE,not wanting to humble one-self.
I pray God will help you.
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
tony_runo:

Does it not bother you that some one who has actually seen the future or knows what will happen still acts surprised or pissed off? U agree then that God already saw it happen....so why the anger like he had no idea Uzzah could do such a thing? Or was he expecting Uzzah to act differently? Perhaps he should have just gone on to create humans like robots then, if he really cant bear the thought of anyone disobeying him. At least no one would have to burn in hell....I'm actually thinking bro. I employ you to do same.
another sincere answer he gave u up there!
Good that u r actually thinking.
If God had interfare,u ppl wld v screamed again,why did he do that.
The people of OT lived by Law,you know what you must do and what u must not do and more importantly you know the consequence of whatever u do.
God has given us the ability to choose,make the right choice and u r good,make d wrong choice and u pay for it,ppl shld nt blame God for the wrong choices they make.
It is just like a man who went ahead to rob a bank(and he knows that that is wrong),yet he chose to do it,then he better not be caught cus he is going to pay for it,now shld God help him with d robbery? Or help him get caught?,since He knws d future?
Whatever decision u make today,there is a result and consequence,that is why we must all choose Jesus.
Shalom.
Re: . by haibe(m): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
tony_runo:

smh....There's no point really. You wouldnt find fault with anything as far as the Bible says "God did it or God allows it". so much for 'Mercy' and 'kindness'. Why? He could have just struck down Adam and Eve as well since it pisses him off that much when people disobey.

like you said in a previous post, it all boils down to opinion on how judgement should be, so why bother about how God choses his own judgement/consequence for a particular sin or action?

tony_runo:

In the end, it all boils down to opinion...for me, i'd rather they suffer the consequences of their actions that way.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2013
haibe:

like you said in a previous post, it all boils down to opinion on how judgement should be, so why bother about how God choses his own judgement/consequence for a particular sin or action?

Come on bro! In that scenario we were talking abt some one who had commited 'murder' which is much more serious, compared to touching a box....lets create a different scenario! Lets say Uzzah was actually a stubborn person, he remembered the law of not touching the ark but refused to obey....infact he got sick and tired of people telling him not to touch the ark and decided not only to touch it but push it to the ground just for the fun of it to see how God wld react. Isnt it more logical then for God at that point to get really pissed and strike quickly? Or maybe u dont see my point. Anyway, you cant deny the fact that as time went by God seemed to have taken some sort of anger management classes/ gone into anger rehab. The new testament is clear evidence that he decided to tone down. No more flash killings n stuff....in the old testament, someone touched his box(stopped it from stumbling off) and he went berserk. In the new testament, his only begotten son is tortured and killed, instead he watches on....amazing transformation i must say
Re: . by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mintayo:
you know He actually gave u a sincere answer but you just decide to ignore it.
You actually want him to tell you what you wanted to hear,this is what weary me abt u athiest.
God is God and He is just,u want God to reason like human,but no,that is why He is God,it is pride that makes people to become athiest,PRIDE,it is not abt asking questions but PRIDE,not wanting to humble one-self.
I pray God will help you.

Pride? Lol...far from it....i mean people kiss ass to a certain extent and for different reasons but you guys take it to another level really. U simply refuse to call a spade a spade!
Re: . by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
Mintayo:
another sincere answer he gave u up there!
Good that u r actually thinking.
If God had interfare,u ppl wld v screamed again,why did he do that.
The people of OT lived by Law,you know what you must do and what u must not do and more importantly you know the consequence of whatever u do.
God has given us the ability to choose,make the right choice and u r good,make d wrong choice and u pay for it,ppl shld nt blame God for the wrong choices they make.
It is just like a man who went ahead to rob a bank(and he knows that that is wrong),yet he chose to do it,then he better not be caught cus he is going to pay for it,now shld God help him with d robbery? Or help him get caught?,since He knws d future?
Whatever decision u make today,there is a result and consequence,that is why we must all choose Jesus.
Shalom.

Pffft. Here we go again! Free will becomes an illusion as far as an all-knowing God exists....in the absence of omni-science, then yeah there is free will...there is no simpler way I can break this down for you really but I will try. For instance, lets say you have the ability to see the future like God does....u sit somewhere watching two people, a guy and a girl playing a game of choice....the girl holds out her hands with a ball on each palm....red ball on left palm, blue ball on right palm...and then she asks him to pick one....because u can see the future you already know which ball he will pick...fact is, as far as u can see the future, whatever u see is what will be the outcome. He couldnt pick anything contrary to what u've seen....u look into the future and u see he picks the blue ball, its impossible for him to pick the red one....if for some reason he picks the blue one, that means one thing and one thing alone! U dont have the ability to see the future in other words u r not all knowing....in the case of the robber, God already knew how this person's life would play out even before he/she was born...so tell me, how could they ever do a different thing as opposed to what has been foreseen?
Re: . by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Just so you know, I attain an agnostic/sceptic stance in these sorta things...
Re: . by quivah(f): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
mintayo and atheistic pride...you funny brah! The proud person here is god.cheesy

Tony runo, i'd advice you chill and hold onto your belief cause i'on see where this is going...
Re: . by Mintayo(m): 1:45am On Sep 24, 2013
quivah: mintayo and atheistic pride...you funny brah! The proud person here is god.cheesy

Tony runo, i'd advice you chill and hold onto your belief cause i'on see where this is going...

I think you u r right,its no points answering a question when you already have d answer in mind,no?
Btw,how are you doing?
Re: . by Nobody: 2:36am On Sep 24, 2013
quivah: mintayo and atheistic pride...you funny brah! The proud person here is god.cheesy

Oh I'm definitely chilled cool...Stopped arguing about these sorta things long ago. dunno why i got started on it again...i think twas because of the comment haibe made about real atheists having no morals. Coming from someone who endorses every nasty act permitted or carried out by god in the bible, i found such a statement laughable!
Re: . by johnnyblakes(m): 3:46am On Sep 24, 2013
quivah:
my posts should give you the answer already...i'm an Agnostic, now that have answered the question,..will be waiting for your defensive post on the issue up there..I promise I wont argue.. smiley. ..

Woow! Really?
god exists?! Bring him out from where you'v been hiding him and show me.
If truly that god in the bible exists,prove!..
Don't drop some bible verses here,I want a eye-see prove..
only a fool will say there is no GOD,thats why the wisdom of men is folishness before GOD,ITS a shame that u are still so so very blind to see the truth.humanism will be the cause of ur destruction.GOD help ur dieing soul.
Re: . by johnnyblakes(m): 4:08am On Sep 24, 2013
tony_runo:

Come on bro! In that scenario we were talking abt some one who had commited 'murder' which is much more serious, compared to touching a box....lets create a different scenario! Lets say Uzzah was actually a stubborn person, he remembered the law of not touching the ark but refused to obey....infact he got sick and tired of people telling him not to touch the ark and decided not only to touch it but push it to the ground just for the fun of it to see how God wld react. Isnt it more logical then for God at that point to get really pissed and strike quickly? Or maybe u dont see my point. Anyway, you cant deny the fact that as time went by God seemed to have taken some sort of anger management classes/ gone into anger rehab. The new testament is clear evidence that he decided to tone down. No more flash killings n stuff....in the old testament, someone touched his box(stopped it from stumbling off) and he went berserk. In the new testament, his only begotten son is tortured and killed, instead he watches on....amazing transformation i must say
and JESUS said if I AM LIFTED UP I WILL DRAW ALL MEN TO ME,halleluya,have u nt tot of it? he cud have been killed and buried in the bush! or stab to death,or shot to death,but no,he had to be lifted up high where all men cud see him.thats a divine setup that u and satan dont know,u r talking trash today is because of grace.repent and be saved
Re: . by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 24, 2013
johnnyblakes: and JESUS said if I AM LIFTED UP I WILL DRAW ALL MEN TO ME,halleluya,have u nt tot of it? he cud have been killed and buried in the bush! or stab to death,or shot to death,but no,he had to be lifted up high where all men cud see him.thats a divine setup that u and satan dont know,u r talking trash today is because of grace.repent and be saved

Eish! What is this one saying? Seriously Bro, Do you even think? Do you even really undecided
Re: . by quivah(f): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
johnnyblakes: only a fool will say there is no GOD,thats why the wisdom of men is folishness before GOD,ITS a shame that u are still so so very blind to see the truth.humanism will be the cause of ur destruction.GOD help ur dieing soul.
you are displaying the true colours of christ,keep it up!
Heaven awaits you..buzo!

Mintayo:

I think you u r right,its no points answering a question when you already have d answer in mind,no?
Btw,how are you doing?
i'm doing great,how do you do?
tony_runo:

Oh I'm definitely chilled cool...Stopped arguing about these sorta things long ago. dunno why i got started on it again...i think twas because of the comment haibe made about real atheists having no morals. Coming from someone who endorses every nasty act permitted or carried out by god in the bible, i found such a statement laughable!
its funny..
I just don't wanna hear the "you will burn in hell" clause.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2013
Taylor184: @op,are u an atheist?

I would have love to answer you,but I don't like arguing with someone who is devoid of knowledge...Shalom
....u re very correct ...she is ignorant of wat d bible talks about n moreover notin dere is from d new testament it wil be a waste of tym tryin to convince u cos u re already blinded 4rm truth
Re: . by nnofaith: 9:54am On Sep 25, 2013
Elantracey: ....u re very correct ...she is ignorant of wat d bible talks about n moreover notin dere is from d new testament it wil be a waste of tym tryin to convince u cos u re already blinded 4rm truth
how ironic!
Re: . by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 25, 2013
nnofaith: how ironic!
...the truth is u cant understand it not matter how u try,the mystery of the gospel is only revealed to d believin one thru d holy spirit even many christians find it hard to understand dis

1 Like

Re: . by quivah(f): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2013
Elantracey: ....u re very correct ...she is ignorant of wat d bible talks about n moreover notin dere is from d new testament it wil be a waste of tym tryin to convince u cos u re already blinded 4rm truth
ohh madam!, so because there ain't no NT verse up there,we should over look the OT?!..
and what truth btw?.. if i'm blinded from the truth why not open my eyes to them rather than hiding behind the ignorant cloak huh?!
Oh please! You don't have anything to say..
!
Re: . by nnofaith: 10:39am On Sep 25, 2013
Elantracey: ...the truth is u cant understand it not matter how u try,the mystery of the gospel is only revealed to d believin one thru d holy spirit even many christians find it hard to understand dis
your holy spirit is incompetent cos he inspired a lot of BS in the bible.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2013
nnofaith: your holy spirit is incompetent cos he inspired a lot of BS in the bible.
....my dear mind wat u say because all sins can be forgiven except blasphemy against d holy spirit
Re: . by nnofaith: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
Elantracey: ....my dear mind wat u say because all sins can be forgiven except blasphemy against d holy spirit
my dear, the only spirit i subscribe to is beverage!

1 Like

Re: . by Rossikk(m): 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Taylor184: The word of the cross is Folly to them who are perishing,but to us who are being saved it is the power of God....1st Corinthians 1:18
The Bible is not just a Book,it is filled with power and authority,filled with life and blessings,filled with knowledge and wisdom...If you don't believe in the scriptures sir,you are Doomed already#no offence
But,Jesus loves you
,Come to him and you shall have understanding

You're a complete dolt. Peddling a ridiculous, stupi.d book.

Sure, ''if you don't believe in him you are doomed already''.

''OH but he LOVES you! He really LOVES you!!!''

He WILL TORTURE you eternally (ie for trillions of centuries) in a monstrous inferno, for a 70 year 'sinful' life.

BUT HE ''LOVES'' YOU!!!!!!!

He really, truly ''LOVES'' you!!!!!!!

[size=15pt]FCU.K OFF FROM HERE WITH THAT CONTRADICTORY COMBINATION OF HORSESHIIT AND BULLSHIIT.[/size]
Re: . by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 26, 2013
Rossikk:

You're a complete dolt. Peddling a ridiculous, stupi.d book.

Sure, ''if you don't believe in him you are doomed already''.

''OH but he LOVES you! He really LOVES you!!!''

He WILL TORTURE you eternally (ie for trillions of centuries) in a monstrous inferno, for a 70 year 'sinful' life.

BUT HE ''LOVES'' YOU!!!!!!!

He really, truly ''LOVES'' you!!!!!!!

[size=15pt]FCU.K OFF FROM HERE WITH THAT CONTRADICTORY COMBINATION OF HORSESHIIT AND BULLSHIIT.[/size]

Lol! eish! No need to go ballistic on em bro....easy easy...its called ass-kissing! The truth is they don't really believe or understand anything, however they are too scared to think otherwise and of course they really want to make "heaven" so they continue playing the 'zombie'. They say the love of God supersedes any other love! Lol! Apparently these human beings no longer understand what that word means! I think i'll rather take my chances with his adversary Satan than god anyday...however the book of Job clearly shows that those two are actually good mates(just sitting around looking for whose life to play betting games with)undecided
Re: . by cold(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
And the debate rages on. The God defence keeps getting senseless & more nonsensical by the minute
Re: . by oladeleluqman(m): 1:15am On Sep 30, 2013
Ray McBlue:

To reach a certain point of decision, there is always a reason. To become an atheist, there is a reason, a reason that questions the existence of a supernatural being that couldn't be seen or proved.

When a lightening strikes, you see it, you even know what caused it, so thus lightening can be proved. When a breeze blows, you feel the touch even though it's invisible to the naked eyes. Not believing in all this scientifically proven and physical manifestation of nature could only be construed as foolhardy or pride or just plain foolishness.

Your god on the other hand is not only invisible but doesn't manifest in anyway, so then how could you accuse me of being too proud of admitting that I believed in something that wasn't really there to begin with? Something that is only based on faith and sentiments, and not logic?

How does that make sense?

can u see or touch d brain u are using in writing al diz misguidance...N.B..am not a xtrian, but a MUSLIM, and i would like to convince u about islam...islam is science, it z a religion of prove, and i thnk u bliv in wat can b proved?. @quiva, i came here purposly coz of u. I would like to chat wit u. Pls giv me ur contact...preferably 2go, my i.d z 'luqman1914'
Re: . by UyiIredia(m): 6:46am On Sep 30, 2013
Elantracey: ....my dear mind wat u say because all sins can be forgiven except blasphemy against d holy spirit

Th en it will be wrong to say God is all-forgiving and whether you don't like it the fact is that a God who sends people to eternal torture for not receiving His Son when he left many gaps for doubts, an allowed the Devil (as you excuse) run riot with deceptive religion isn't a Fod worth serving. Madam will you respect a human father who tortures his child for disobedience ?
Re: . by quivah(f): 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
oladele-luqman:

can u see or touch d brain u are using in writing al diz misguidance...N.B..am not a xtrian, but a MUSLIM, and i would like to convince u about islam...islam is science, it z a religion of prove, and i thnk u bliv in wat can b proved?. @quiva, i came here purposly coz of u. I would like to chat wit u. Pls giv me ur contact...preferably 2go, my i.d z 'luqman1914'
omodele2 on2go..
Re: . by quivah(f): 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
oladele-luqman:

omodele2 on2go..
That brain analogy is rubbish!!..

Uyi Iredia:

Th en it will be wrong to say God is all-forgiving and whether you don't like it the fact is that a God who sends people to eternal torture for not receiving His Son when he left many gaps for doubts, an allowed the Devil (as you excuse) run riot with deceptive religion isn't a Fod worth serving. Madam will you respect a human father who tortures his child for disobedience ?
this coming from uyi?.!
Re: . by folagbade23(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
all I have to say is that the moment you start doubting God's existence and going against God's personality then you are already doomed. A word is enough for the wise..... It is written in the Bible already that when the world is coming to an end, people who will speak against God and doubt God's existence will rise up, they will do these thinking they know what is right and that they are being truthful... It wont be their fault coz they are already blinded by the devil and it will take God's grace for them to come out of it.....

So I urge others to stop arguing with people who speak against God, the holy spirit and the Bible because they will end up making you to sin since that is their main purpose that the devil has bestowed upon them. Dont let them succeed. Beware of the antichrist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rest my case
Re: . by nnofaith: 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
folagbade23: all I have to say is that the moment you start doubting God's existence and going against God's personality then you are already doomed. A word is enough for the wise..... It is written in the Bible already that when the world is coming to an end, people who will speak against God and doubt God's existence will rise up, they will do these thinking they know what is right and that they are being truthful... It wont be their fault coz they are already blinded by the devil and it will take God's grace for them to come out of it.....

So I urge others to stop arguing with people who speak against God, the holy spirit and the Bible because they will end up making you to sin since that is their main purpose that the devil has bestowed upon them. Dont let them succeed. Beware of the antichrist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rest my case
so all the pple in china, japan etc. who dont believe in yahweh are doomed! hmm!
Re: . by quivah(f): 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
folagbade23: all I have to say is that the moment you start doubting God's existence and going against God's personality then you are already doomed. A word is enough for the wise..... It is written in the Bible already that when the world is coming to an end, people who will speak against God and doubt God's existence will rise up, they will do these thinking they know what is right and that they are being truthful... It wont be their fault coz they are already blinded by the devil and it will take God's grace for them to come out of it.....

I rest my case
wooow! I never knew bill gates among the rest is doomed!!
Or your ancestors who never knew God are doomed as well..
The only thing that's doomed is RELIGION.

*smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Must We Look Unto Jesus Alone? / Must Every Pastor Gel Their Hair In Chris Embassy? / Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.