Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,949 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers (20146 Views)

2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN / Glo BUMPA Most Rewarding Prepaid Plan From Glo But Most Expensive Tariff Plan / 12k/sec Flat Rate On New Glo Bounce Prepaid Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by nairaarea: 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
NOW FASTER
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
djmummy: Heheh
End time tins.
Small time now, sleeping with your wife or sending your children to school will become end time things for your side. Wouldn't it have been better to be muted if there is nothing to say?

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by lilslick(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
And iyam still planning to port??

Mtcheeeew!
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
baynix: [size=16]Indigenous Thieves!! undecided

Airtel All The Way!![/size]
You caused me to laugh.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by papi365: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
tonasibe:
Yup......even their 30MB na scam.......I'll soon port self
GLO NA BAGA. ETISALAT ALL D WAY
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by papi365: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
Rukemi291: The network too is very terrible for browsing.

I will type a comment fast fast so as to be on the front page of a nairaland post.....just to see after several hours that my comment couldnt post due to bad network...... Who likes to comment on the third page
UNEMPOLYMENT E NO GO BETA 4 U.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by papi365: 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2013

I will type a comment fast fast so as to be on the front page of a nairaland post.....just to see after several hours that my comment couldnt post due to bad network...... Who likes to comment on the third page
UNEMPLOYMENT E NO GO BETA 4 U
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ezeibe: I only use my glo line for free browsing dats all....i have'nt recaharged it since i bought it
My dear, free browsing by tweaks and tricks is a wicked practice. Please, stop it now. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by agabaI23(m): 3:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
Kizyte:
You no sabi anything. I'm telling you that Glo now speeds up the rate in which their data is consumed and you're here saying rubbish.
My hard-earned 5K for 4GB/1month just got wasted in less than 19 days without any heavy downloads and with my Windows Update turned off.
Not doubting that but I am a pretty heavy user. I don't finish mine before a month unless I am watching movies on youtube and downloading heavy files. As a result sometimes I make use of 1.5G which finishes like a week before time depending on usage. For your information, I tether my phone.

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by agabaI23(m): 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Morgan1092: For internet services dia re only MTN , ETISALAT n Others
MTN?
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2013

Madam, I am not talking about the fastness or slowness of the GLO Internet service but, their CHEATING practice against Prepaid Internet subscribers, as they are favouring their Postpaid Internet subscribers with cheaper amount on the same data bundle.
Having said that, GLO Internet service is not doing bad in my location even though they don't have 3G services here. Thank you.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by warrenweste(m): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
R2bees1: una dey hear dey complain.. I dey browse and download free since june with my glo.. The speed na bam!.. Hahaha Glo 3g rules.. UNLIMITED.. HAHAHA
Re u serious? Pls am interested tell me more
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by warrenweste(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
agabaI23:
Not doubting that but I am a pretty heavy user. I don't finish mine before a month unless I am watching movies on youtube and downloading heavy files. As a result sometimes I make use of 1.5G which finishes like a week before time depending on usage. For your information, I tether my phone.
I tire o,even me self they share my 4gig with my brother n it still last fr 3weeks and at times 28days maybe ur anti virus is on it consumes mb like water
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by warrenweste(m): 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Decryptor: Who cares about Glo when i'm still flexing with my Multilinks and VPN software that gives me unlimited data usage with super-fast connectivity for free...
Tell me more on olawest5@gmail.com am interested

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by hammedkola(m): 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
That's is Baba Ijebu for you..
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
Una still dey ask kwestion cheesy

Telecom company have always been short-changing Nigerians from day 1.

1 Like

Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
spiritfada: Glo are big time scammers! Can you imagine I recharge #1000 and it was deducted illegally without making use of it and no services subscribed for. I called them several time to inform them about this problem but to no avail.

#GLO..kindly refund my hard earn airtym of #1000 or I will refer u guys as Telecommunication Criminal to any social network I lay my hands on..
Please, don't sleep over it until they will refund your money. Make use of the available space to register your grievances against them.
Make use of the Live chat service on their website, Twitter, Email to customercare@gloworld.com, Facebook, Google+, 121 and 171 as well as contacting on their website by sending a complain there till your money is returned.
This is really painful and regrettable.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by warrenweste(m): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
Youngtekkey: that somethings don't work out for u does nt mean that such network is not good i use glo bis of 1000 on my android and is working i have even use 2.1gb out of it suprisely i just got a message that they have given me 50mb free of charge and i hardly load recharge on the sim even the airtel that i love very much and i taught was the fastest is nothing compare to glo speed in my environment and the mb is not deducting heavily it lasts
Pls tell me more hw did u do it tht ur able to browse on your andriod with there bis?? Olawest5@ gmail.com
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
luluosas:
Well, the 30MB is a free MB on the Bounce plan but it's really annoying that, it is far less than 10MB in practice. Glo really need to up their games on every service(s) they are rendering.
However, my grudge with them on this thread is the cheating of their prepaid Internet subscribers as against their postpaid Internet subscribers. I am very sure that, the same practice is obtainable on all other data plans available on the Glo network including their BIS Internet plans too.
This cheating just have to stop.
They say itz 30mb but itz actually 6mb free on Glo bounce. I had zero ngn, put my sim in d modem n watched as the mb counted.. Got cutoff when my sent n received totalled 6mb. Checked #124# to find tht my 30mb wz nw 0mb..

Those guys r real crooks..
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by agabaI23(m): 3:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
Wizard_of_Oz:
They say itz 30mb but itz actually 6mb free on Glo bounce. I had zero ngn, put my sim in d modem n watched as the mb counted.. Got cutoff when my sent n received totalled 6mb. Checked #124# to find tht my 30mb wz nw 0mb..

Those guys r real crooks..
There are apps that run in the background. You have to turn all of them off if you want to get all your Mbs. These apps consume bandwith and mbs as they check for update online. And some of them have to do that-your antivirus, your windows update etc.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by elamx(m): 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Am tired for all this network they are all crap. Just tire for the network we have on Nigeria not like this in abroad.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
kindly send a mail to NCC NOW
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by amakenny: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
skyface00: Not only Glo,dis ppl cheating nigerians ,etisalat give free calls during weeks in other countries in the world but nothing of such here in nigeria,our leaders don't see anytin wrong in that since its as nothing 2 do with oil and gas...wats a confused leaders with shadow brain
in those other countries land telephone lines are most likely to be functioning. Competition among phone providers are stiff. We stole our land telephony blind. No body who has land telephone may opt for mobile telephones in normal business transaction. Task Nigeria govt to return land telephony to Nigerians. Govt officials in Nigeria have no choice.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
agabaI23:
There are apps that run in the background. You have to turn all of them off if you want to get all your Mbs. These apps consume bandwith and mbs as they check for update online. And some of them have to do that-your antivirus, your windows update etc.

Thr whr no apps running in the background pls.. My network bandwidth monitor shows all apps (both system n user) tht r on using Glo to get on the net.. Only thing on was my browser..
GLO BOUNCE 30MB = 6MB.. No question..
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
onegig: All those networks are not better than the other. Imagine mtn charging me for caller tune when i never subscribed. They now placed their default advert as the caller tune which snacks of intelligence and sent me a message that i have insufficient balance to complete the transaction after deducting 50 naira. So tell me what's the 50 naira for? And why would i pay for a service i never ordered ?
Most of these networks tricked people to enter their useless VAS programme by texting you that, so, so and so service is free for 7 days. Look, if you by mistake ente, you don join one chance be that as they will start collecting your money after the free days are over.
Imagine GLO were deducting N100 every week from my account for Nigerian information service. In fact, all these networks short code services are for fraud.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by amakenny: 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
elamx: Am tired for all this network they are all crap. Just tire for the network we have on Nigeria not like this in abroad.
Abroad, land lines provide internet services nearly 97 %. Those who use handsets and services of mobie phone servers for internet do so for mere formality, in serious internet business, they go back home or office for landline connected internet services.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
onegig: All those networks are not better than the other. Imagine mtn charging me for caller tune when i never subscribed. They now placed their default advert as the caller tune which snacks of intelligence and sent me a message that i have insufficient balance to complete the transaction after deducting 50 naira. So tell me what's the 50 naira for? And why would i pay for a service i never ordered ?
Most of these networks tricked people to enter their useless VAS programme by texting you that, so, so and so service is free for 7 days. Look, if you by mistake ente, you don join one chance be that as they will start collecting your money after the free days are over.
Imagine GLO were deducting N100 every week from my account for Nigerian information service. In fact, all these networks short code services are for fraud.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by abjpropagent: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
there's no perfect telecom network operator in nigeria, I have a consistent glo line for calls, and mtn and airtel for internet subscription mainly. my etisalat must have been blocked by now. I switch to any favouarable network for a particular purpose.
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by dexterinc2003: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
ok,i just got a 'stupid' glo line cos i heard they make cheap international calls(to uk mobile),im so trashing the sim,pls who has a better idea of which networks calls uk mobiles(not landline) cheapest?
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 6:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
jhydebaba: That's the reason NCC made it possible for us to 'port'.

One network fvcks up, u port. Shikena!
Well, the point here is the different prices GLO is selling the same Internet plan for their prepaid and postpaid Internet subscribers, not a network issue that would have warrant porting to another network service provider. Thank you. .
Re: Glo Is Short-Changing Their Prepaid Internet Subscribers by luluosas(m): 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
fitzmayowa: This an opportunity for you to port to MTN...MTN everywhere you go
Well, I made up my mind long time ago not to think of porting at all www.nairaland.com/1268871/which-network-porting-why/4#15419828
That is why I have all the 4 major mobile service providers Sim cards which I can alternate at will. Moreover, the issue I raised here is not about service, but about the cheating practice GLO is dishing their prepaid Internet subscribers for the same data plan they are charging their postpaid Internet subscribers for less.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Your Smartphone Can Make Emergency Calls Without A SIM Card / 10 Disadvantages Of Smart Phone Addiction / Introducing The Mtn Beta Talk Tarrif Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.