Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,044 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? (15662 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / How To Handle A Child's Tantrum In Public? / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
Don't particularly like kids. Too much drama. Made it a ritual never to stay near one in public.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Anyi3(m): 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
SIMPLE-always keep some sleeping pills handy

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Berrywall: 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
Dat guy wif d pi mumu die,is dat a stern look
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Anyi.:

Child abuse

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
Anyi.:
gringrin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ray McBlue: Don't particularly like kids. Too much drama. Made it a ritual never to stay near one in public.
That's why God created women smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
That child is so lucky I'm not his mum. I ll spank him silly. Spare the rod and spoil the child.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Airforce1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
Efemena_xy:

And yet another poster asking how to 'deal' with someone - this time, a child undecided

@OP, you do not 'deal' with toddlers! That child is still a baby and is simply going through a phase of asserting himself. It's called the 'terrible two's'. Google it up. He'll grow out of it. What the mother ought to have done was to provide the child with a distraction. Focusing on his naughtiness is simply playing into his hands of attention seeking, albeit negative attention.

It is well with our kids.

@Efemenaxy

The love of my life .. #Kisses*
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by shegzi(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
Lift the child in your arms and swing him around. Throw him up in the air playfully and catch him (don't let him fall. In the bank?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by ITbomb(m): 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
Did you say 2 yrs ?
Well we have something smaller for that age.
Reset am

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
How did your Mum handles yourz?rolleyes
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
shegzi: Lift the child in your arms and swing him around. Throw him up in the air playfully and catch him (don't let him fall. In the bank?
gringrin Centre of Attraction cool

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
She is still a baby o,pls dnt beat.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Symphony007: 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
I once took my niece to GT bank. I was holding her while my brother was doing his transaction. She became very pensive and wanted to go on the floor, she became so loud and to avoid embarrasement in the banking hall, i put her down and she started running around the hall, she ran over to some bankers at a table and started giving them high fives, the bankers were so trilled, they gave her a smart kid's savers account t-shirt and bangle, at the end of the day the whole banking hall were laughing at my niece as she gave everyone a high five, it was amazing how we put a smile on the faces of angry bank customers waiting in line.

So at times, don't be so stuck up, study the environment and let go, don't be scarred always about being embarrased rather you might get loads of compliment, like me who by the time my brother, niece and i left the bank, we were like mini celebs, everyone was waving at us.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
R.k.o does the job just fine
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by donigspain(m): 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
godjohnson: R.k.o does the job just fine
you mean like an undertaker 'smackdown'?
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
just reset back to factory settings with a good spank
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by tpia5: 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Baybe: Hian! Pls I'm not fighting with you. SMH

how many threads do you psychos need to open to abuse people's children?

first its they're disturbing you on a plane/bus, now its they're disturbing you elsewhere.

maybe you should consider moving to a no-kids zone if your brain is constantly disturbed by the sight of kids?

what is really i.diotic is the fact that should seun or mukina say its their kids who are doing whatever you say is getting your goat in public, you asss kissing sycophants will be falling over yourselves in a slobberfest and attacking anyone who says otherwise!

se na because neither of them has claimed any kid yet, so you feel its cool to be bashing children anyhow, bunch of intolerant freaks.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by tpia5: 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
cristen: How did your Mum handles yourz?rolleyes

of course no one will answer.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by OmoAlata1(f): 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
this sounds very unconventional, but it works like a charm. When one of my children starts throwing tantrum in public, I would start imitating their exact behavioral (if they roll on the floor, I would roll with them) and noise patterns. After few minutes, the child would start looking at you like you are crazy and they would stop immediately. Works all the time. We rarely have public tantrums anymore cos they don't want me to embarrass them.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
tpia@:

how many threads do you psychos need to open to abuse people's children?

first its they're disturbing you on a plane/bus, now its they're disturbing you elsewhere.

maybe you should consider moving to a no-kids zone if your brain is constantly disturbed by the sight of kids?

what is really i.diotic is the fact that should seun or mukina say its their kids who are doing whatever you say is getting your goat in public, you asss kissing sycophants will be falling over yourselves in a slobberfest and attacking anyone who says otherwise!

se na because neither of them has claimed any kid yet, so you feel its cool to be bashing children anyhow, bunch of intolerant freaks.
Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha!! OMG! I don laugh tire. Abeg what did you just write up there? undecided undecided Wetin concern Seun and Mukina for this talk now...lolz

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
Best is to ignore them,it's all about they seeking for attention,if u ignore it 2 or 3 times,I bet u they'll stop.My used to do it aswell,but once she noticed that I pay no interest to it,she stopped doing it.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by yuzedo: 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
only one move, yo: angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by chucky234(m): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
OP you never born and you don already dey do the mathematics how you go take dey spank the pikin, abeg take am easy, comot dat spanking grammar for your dictionary make the pikin get peace when him or she arrive .
The best way to deal with a child is to develop a healthy communication culture with the child from toddler,that way the child understands when you say intend to "stop" and mean it.
My daughter understands that,I dont spank her because there is always no need to.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Ishilove: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
yuzedo: only one move, yo: angry angry angry
Lmao!!! So you'd give your five year old kid the triple slam or whatever they call that move? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Ishilove: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
chucky234: OP you never born and you don already dey do the mathematics how you go take dey spank the pikin, abeg take am easy, comot dat spanking grammar for your dictionary make the pikin get peace when him or she arrive .
The best way to deal with a child is to develop a healthy communication culture with the child from toddler,that way the child understands when you say intend to "stop" and mean it.
My daughter understands that,I dont spank her because there is always no need to.
Your child is gentle. When my youngest bro was still growing, the only language he understood was beating. Just dash the boy 'twai twai' with belt or slippers and he go mellow sharp sharp. Even now that he is in his twenties, when he starts forming Rambo with his elder brother, a few well placed punches to the midriff humbles the boy in a jiffy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by naptu2: 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Lmao!!! So you'd give your five year old kid the triple slam or whatever they call that move? cheesy

Piledriver (aka tombstone or Texas piledriver).

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Chaleeee: 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
Just try to understand yourbaby and always have a toy with you. You never can tell when these angels want to throw a tantrum
Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by Ishilove: 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
naptu2:

Piledriver (aka tombstone or Texas piledriver).
Gaaaaaangster!!! cheesy cheesy

Yuzedo, you want to piledrive your kid ba? You go turn the pikin to imbe.cile tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by DOPSYKAY: 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
well i(as a typical african man) will spank him a little & then put him on my back. are there men on this forum who back their babies at home?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places? by freecocoa(f): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
Kai tpia sha never disappoints grin grin grin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? / For Women Who Don't Or Never Had Orgasm..... / Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.