Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? (3338 Views)

Grooms-to-be 12 Months Preparatory List For A Successful Wedding Day / 3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? / My Girlfriend Is 4 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
When I'll be 30, she'll be 18. I'd like to marry her. Do you guys think that will be right? I need advice pls.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Enegod(m): 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
i bet u she's probably not prepared for
marriage and besides, at that age, most girls
dont know what they really want...

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by ichidodo: 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Cradle-robber allow the girl to ripe small nah?!.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
ichidodo: Cradle-robber allow the girl to ripe small nah?!.
Read my post before you start hurling insults. And I dont fancy 65 year old sugar mommies, like you do. I'm nt 30 yet and I aint touched her. Yet it doesnt prevent me 4rm desiring her.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Tholudee(f): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Brov, pls at least let her graduate. I know by then she will know wat she wants
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by richeyy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
Yerima things! angry angry grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
huh

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ive seen surer matured educated teenage girls that live, breath and dream about marriage...

247 is an understatement.
@op! Nothin dey shele nothin dey kpa, if the both of u r ready & settled. Why not?
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
Silkmoth33: Ive seen surer matured educated teenage girls that live, breath and dream about marriage...

247 is an understatement.
@op! Nothin dey shele nothin dey kpa, if the both of u r ready & settled. Why not?
Thanks man. All these ranting posters.. Na wa oh. By 18, is she still a child? And by 18, dis gal wud be in 200 level, sponsored by sum1 obvious. At least, let me grab her b4 she tastes d wrong tins in life and guys like u would have bleeped all the juice out of her. At 18, i'll be the one to teach her most of what i need her to know and i'l be doing it as a loving, faithful and doting husband. We've know each oda for 7 years and i knw sumtin good when i see it. Though I've nt made my intentions known to her. I still take her as a kid sister, no emotions btw us yet.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Brite02(m): 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
richeyy: Yerima things! angry angry grin

Lmao grin grin no kill him morale oooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Brite02(m): 7:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
@op.

If she has a thing for you...which is strong. Then you are surely covered, I know where I reside some girls who desires more matured men close to 40 yrs......so yours is not an exception. If she doesn't feel at all, and she doesn't care about the age bracket...gbam, God you are good to go man.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Adaeze003(f): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hmm... Op you know there's something wrong if not, you wouldn't be here asking a complete stranger's opinion. You used 'when she is 18' that means she's still a kid now and my guess is 15. Now mr man, what r u doing with a 15 year old?
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Haywhymido(m): 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Adaeze003: Hmm... Op you know there's something wrong if not, you wouldn't be here asking a complete stranger's opinion. You used 'when she is 18' that means she's still a kid now and my guess is 15. Now mr man, what r u doing with a 15 year old?
dis 30yrs old man need floggin fah, knwn her 4 7yrs. 18 - 7 what r u doin wit underage when dia r many mature ones out dia

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
1. How old is she now?
2. Forget that she doesn't know anything part, you'll be surprised at what some people her age know.
3. Truth remains that 'NO 18 YEAR OLD IS READY FOR MARRIAGE'. Those that do it are pressured into it by circumstances, it doesn't mean they're ready for it. Leave the lady alone, if at all you need her so badly, start with a relationship first, if after 2 years you're still going strong (she'll be 20 by then, you can pop the question). At least, she might have a lil bit of ray of assurance that she wants to be with you and know what she really wants then.

The age difference is not that much of a big deal, inasmuch as you don't see her as someone you'll be able to bully around and your maturity levels are at par. GOOD LUCK!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
alutacontinua: 1. How old is she now?
2. Forget that she doesn't know anything part, you'll be surprised at what some people her age know.
3. Truth remains that 'NO 18 YEAR OLD IS READY FOR MARRIAGE'. Those that do it are pressured into it by circumstances, it doesn't mean they're ready for it. Leave the lady alone, if at all you need her so badly, start with a relationship first, if after 2 years you're still going strong (she'll be 20 by then, you can pop the question). At least, she might have a lil bit of ray of assurance that she wants to be with you and know what she really wants then.

The age difference is not that much of a big deal, inasmuch as you don't see her as someone you'll be able to bully around and your maturity levels are at par. GOOD LUCK!

She's 16 now, She's a family friend and thats why i've know her for more dan 7 years. Infact, more than 10 years. I've known both her parents and all her siblings dat time. I started developing feelings for her recently and she's in SS2 now. I am not yet 30 now.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
@16, you don't even know her sef. Infact, she doesn't even know herself.
My own stand is that the age difference shouldn't be the issue, her age is the issue. Chill for her, let her grow up and decide what she wants! Don't take advantage of her.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
Adaeze003: Hmm... Op you know there's something wrong if not, you wouldn't be here asking a complete stranger's opinion. You used 'when she is 18' that means she's still a kid now and my guess is 15. Now mr man, what r u doing with a 15 year old?
It aint wrong, ok? I dont feel no wrong. I'm just asking about experiences from those who've been there. Finally, I visit her family regularly so I always meet her. She treats me like an elder bro and i respect myself.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
Haywhymido: dis 30yrs old man need floggin fah, knwn her 4 7yrs. 18 - 7 what r u doin wit underage when dia r many mature ones out dia
As I no come send the mature ones, nko? At least I have the decency to wait till she hits 20 or 22, without minding I'll be 32 or 34 by then. I'm talking of the 12 year old gap between us and not our ages wheneva we decide to get hooked. Pick the bone of underage marriage with Senator Yerima, not me. Or would you prefer I go for Rita Dominic? She's matured enough, abi? Or Tonto Dike?
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
alutacontinua: @16, you don't even know her sef. Infact, she doesn't even know herself.
My own stand is that the age difference shouldn't be the issue, her age is the issue. Chill for her, let her grow up and decide what she wants! Don't take advantage of her.
well, thats a gud idea. I'l wait and see.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Shugajay(m): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
@ 0P, itx a fin of choice... If she feels 4 u d same way u do, den dia z no harm in meetyn her pipo n @ least, makyn ya intentions knwn 2 dem but still, I'll advice u gv her lil tym (maybe, 20-21) so she bcomes a bit matured... There z a whole lot 2 marriage unlike d datyn n frendshp fin.. Itx a whole lotta institution on itx own.. My mum would always tell me: A broken courtship z more honourable dan a broken marriage.. Wish u guys d best..
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by sandammy(m): 8:55am On Sep 18, 2013
Oga Op u berra find a mature lady that will atleast correlate with ur age. From calculation, you're already 28yrs, she's 16 and SS2, how do u know she will even accept your proposal?

By 18 she will be sitting for JAMB and how do you know she will gain admsn on d first attempt? And if she did, she's likely to graduate by say 23yrs and by then you will be 35yr. Haba!
That is just if things went with my imagination, but if it doesn't, guy u go reach 40 waiting for her if she's determine to graduate b4 marriage, and by then u will be an oldest brother to her. Infact, she's probably going to find someone within the same age bracket with her.
Lest i forget, never mistake her endurance for hospitality. A Nairalander Signature!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by paradoxqueen: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2013
People never completely self actualize.we spend our entire lives figuring out who we are. The older we get we dont change mentally, emotionally, morals, or direction in life as fast as when were younger. I would say if you can wait almost 2 years for then be willing to wait at least 4-5 years aftet that for her.
I can think of a million reasons why or how this could go wrong and only one how it could go right. Your chances of it being all your thinking it will be is one to a million.
Give her time to grow as a person learn as a woman and experience as a human if its meant to be it will be.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2013
sandammy: Oga Op u berra find a mature lady that will atleast correlate with ur age. From calculation, you're already 28yrs, she's 16 and SS2, how do u know she will even accept your proposal?

By 18 she will be sitting for JAMB and how do you know she will gain admsn on d first attempt? And if she did, she's likely to graduate by say 23yrs and by then you will be 35yr. Haba!
That is just if things went with my imagination, but if it doesn't, guy u go reach 40 waiting for her if she's determine to graduate b4 marriage, and by then u will be an oldest brother to her. Infact, she's probably going to find someone within the same age bracket with her.
Lest i forget, never mistake her endurance for hospitality. A Nairalander Signature!
I got you, bud.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 8:25am On Sep 19, 2013
paradoxqueen: People never completely self actualize.we spend our entire lives figuring out who we are. The older we get we dont change mentally, emotionally, morals, or direction in life as fast as when were younger. I would say if you can wait almost 2 years for then be willing to wait at least 4-5 years aftet that for her.
I can think of a million reasons why or how this could go wrong and only one how it could go right. Your chances of it being all your thinking it will be is one to a million.
Give her time to grow as a person learn as a woman and experience as a human if its meant to be it will be.
Yeah.. True.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mighty Fortress:
She's 16 now, She's a family friend and thats why i've know her for more dan 7 years. Infact, more than 10 years. I've known both her parents and all her siblings dat time. I started developing feelings for her recently and she's in SS2 now. I am not yet 30 now.
your 28 now

My kid sis is 16, in SS2. If I happen to know that a grown man of 28 is having funny feelings towards her, while she is still a kid like this, I would pour boiling water on. angry

What happened to your mates? Most of you guys wanna the unspoiled girls, who knows how many you have shagged all this years

Vexed till 2085 angry

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Another YERIMA on the loose
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Omolola1(f): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wow, the age difference is much

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by Vladm(m): 4:01am On Oct 10, 2013
Are u sure it z a marriage, abi ADOPTION
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
[quote author=HumbledbYGrace]your 28 now

My kid sis is 16, in SS2. If I happen to know that a grown man of 28 is having funny feelings towards her, while she is still a kid like this, I would pour boiling water on. angry

What happened to your mates? Most of you guys wanna the unspoiled girls, who knows how many you have shagged all this years

If u like vex till 4062.. Den come and tell me how many times you've been shagged by guys who later dumped u.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by MightyFortress: 3:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: your 28 now

Vexed till 2085 angry
Make I just keep quiet. I no get your time.
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
[quote author=Mighty Fortress][/quote]Ok
Re: Is It Right To Be 12 Years Older Than Someone You Intend To Marry? by xynerise: 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
You want to adopt the ''catch them young'' strategy right?

So you want to tell me you dont have a girlfriend presently apart from her?

You don yansh your mates finish come dey find young virgin wey you go marry. Antelope, may mushrooms grow on your dik

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sincere Ladies Advice Me Ooo. / Most Naija Babes Have Flat Shapless Yansh / Why Do People Hate On Fine Boys And Beautiful Girls??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.