Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3493453 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emekayoung(m): 8:05am On Aug 04, 2013
Takoro13:
I dont know much about course material but all i know is if you pay for hand out in sku sometime we dont collect all at once. So may they might have told your friend to come back for others. And instead why cant you go to the net and downlord it, if you cant wait.
Gud evening man,pls my man hw much will i pay as a mass
comm student going to 200level
1st semester.
Any candid response will be
highly appreciated.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ralphjoe(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2013
Thanks so much @juwon, u've clarify my mind now, am gonna buy the form on monday... Thanks so much[i][/i][b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 04, 2013
If dem like, make dem do am August. I'm done with my courses but 2, hence, no wahala. New stds, no slp for you again o as our ogas don talk sey make you go de jack wella.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damselnoni(f): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
maximunimpact: I think some NOUN students are geting lazy, d zeal is going down! Why would some students want d skul calender shifted? If u know dat in 7wks time there wud be an xam, y wunt u get prepared? Let's wait and watch if registeration will be open dis wk, and if TMA also start dis month and xam reg commence dis month, there is no way xams will be shifted to january. I really want to get over wit dis xam b4 january.
me too
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damselnoni(f): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
Emekayoung:
1st semester.
highly appreciated.
Three 3unit[7500],Six 2units[12000]+9000 Exam fee=total[mass comm 200lv1st semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by totsnatcha(f): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
[center]You can access FREE online courses
at Top Universities including Harvard MIT and Stanford! -
http://citewire.com/free-online-courses-at-top-universities/ via @CiteWire[/center]
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 9:05am On Aug 05, 2013
ferdimako:

Forget that calender...how many semesters have you done? So u believe a semester that has not started,will start exams Sep.30? Haha.I call Lagos people myself.Whichever way,am out of that system.
my friend, i only av 2 semester 4 my master prog. U may b out 4rm d system but i knw, d system is improving
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2013
maximunimpact: I think some NOUN students are geting lazy, d zeal is going down! Why would some students want d skul calender shifted? If u know dat in 7wks time there wud be an xam, y wunt u get prepared? Let's wait and watch if registeration will be open dis wk, and if TMA also start dis month and xam reg commence dis month, there is no way xams will be shifted to january. I really want to get over wit dis xam b4 january.
i agree wit u. Let us kip moving
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2013
emperorbukky: Pls, someone answer my question and this is my first time of posting on this thread. I just want to ask how well the society receive and place NOUN certificate. I mean public sector and private sector when using the certificate to get a desired job. The reason why I'm saying this is that someone who has been a victim of HND discrimination several times and especially in his work place and who is trying to correct the foundation will only like to perfect things this time around.
My second question is how true the assertion that NOUN usually wastes their students time by extending their academic calendar unnecessarily. Honest answers, please.
Dere is no problem abt d public sector because some of d govt workers are students in noun ofering some profesional prog n master. Dat of private sector is what i cant say. Anyway, A friend of mine got a job @ airtel wit NOUN degree in info tech, although, he used some connections.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2013
Emekayoung:
Guy abeg answer me na,i just wanna knw hw much i will pay as a mass
1st semester.
highly appreciated.

I did not do Mass comm and if you've been thru with first year...u could predict the cost of your first semester second year. Download your courses from www.nou.edu.ng and calculate the money for course reg.add N15,500 and exam fees to that.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Emekayoung(m): 10:44am On Aug 05, 2013
Damselnoni:
Three 3unit[7500],Six 2units[12000]+9000 Exam fee=total[mass comm 200lv1st semester
God bless u so much.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 05, 2013
Yem0350:
my friend, i only av 2 semester 4 my master prog. U may b out 4rm d system but i knw, d system is improving

I didn't say NOUN isn't progressing.Although I've not seen the results of my 8 courses.But there is no way next exams will start Sep 30.Even if that's what the calender says or what anyone feels it should be. My year 1 lasted for almost 8 months and I survived it.Just little under two months to turn in my project and IT book report and am done.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tombeck: 10:58am On Aug 05, 2013
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 05, 2013
VIPICO:

@Maximumimpact is right. Shifts in exam time table and other deadlines used to be a regular attribute of NOUN prior to the release of the current timetable. It should be noted that it has been followed to the letter right from release.
It makes sense then for every student to be prepared and keep working hard instead of living under the probably illusive consolation that exam date would be shifted.

If u want to start preparing, start. Nobody says you shouldn't but I'm talking about something a staffer in Lagos told me and I see the possibility. When I was a student, I was more prepared than NOUN and that was why I finished ahead of my mates.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2013
No one is clamouring for a shift, but just bn sceptical about d date. Don't get it twisted, buddies.lol
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
Juwonb007: No one is clamouring for a shift, but just bn sceptical about d date. Don't get it twisted, buddies.lol

My thought exactly.May be I didn't pass across the idea very well.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Emekayoung:
1st semester.
highly appreciated.
you have to estimate it yourself bcs it depends on the units and amount you are ready with. see www.noun.edu.ng for fees against each courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
Yem0350:
heeloo friid! which course are into.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by humblesteve(m): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
Any one studying CRIMINOLOGY AND SECURITY STUDIES?" awka study centre precisely
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by osan2003: 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
where can one download Gst 211 Computer Fundamentals we have tried the website for our courseware but couldn't see it there please if there is anyway u could be of help it will be highly appreciated
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bilms(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
If you have issue about noun, join the Congress of Noun Students (CONS) on facebook to get clarification about everything. meet noun students.
https://www./346177985458918/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by softy(m): 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
Has anybody seen the Results for the January/February Exam done this Year(2013)?

It is very wrong to have not seen any result concerning this Exam for the past 7 months the exam had been done!

In case anyone has any fall out in the result, this system of long awaiting result same as ''pregnant woman'' can be disastrous to the person,BUT gives more rooms to WASTING of time,divided plan and enrichment( money wise) to NOUN!

It is unacademical and should be hereby STOppED!

#### angry mode!

Pls, signify if u have checked ur result, which day, which state and centre

Peace Out!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
softy: Has anybody seen the Results for the January/February Exam done this Year(2013)?

It is very wrong to have not seen any result concerning this Exam for the past 7 months the exam had been done!

In case anyone has any fall out in the result, this system of long awaiting result same as ''pregnant woman'' can be disastrous to the person,BUT gives more rooms to WASTING of time,divided plan and enrichment( money wise) to NOUN!

It is unacademical and should be hereby STOppED!

#### angry mode!

Pls, signify if u have checked ur result, which day, which state and centre

Peace Out!

Go to your SC and they will show you. I have seen 11 of mine but 7 are nowhere to be seen. I wrote to Lagos today on those. Cases of missing results are rife with POPs.Very disturbing and annoying.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2013
osan2003: where can one download Gst 211 Computer Fundamentals we have tried the website for our courseware but couldn't see it there please if there is anyway u could be of help it will be highly appreciated

There is no course like that. That course is GST201-Nigerian Peoples and Cultures. If you have not done the GST201, please use wrong course in your portal to change it to GST201 and register that.

Pls Check the attached file!

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Professurr(m): 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
When would admission for next year commence? Incase one does not meet up this year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPICO(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
Juwonb007: New semester starts on 5th of August irrespective of students' status (if the time table is to be followed to the latter).
@Ralph: Application is always on & registration will last for about 3wks. So go apply & start your registration when due.
To all saying the school has been following the time table to the latter; GST 107, 707 & 807 were written on 25/07 as against the last day of exam (22/07) indicated on the time table! You call that latter?! Smh

I'm sure you are new. Shifting a few courses forward maybe for technical or whatever reason is very much different from what used to obtain in the past when actual dates earlier fixed for commencement of resumption, registration, exams, etc would be shifted sometimes indefinitely.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Professurr: When would admission for next year commence? Incase one does not meet up this year.

Next March I suppose.Jos has started physical clearance...somebody called me today that they are doubting his statement of results from Igbenedion University.They didn't clear him. He has 3rd class going for PGD Info Tech..or did he forge? I don't know oh.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ejaay: 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2013
Portals are still not open for registration or is it just mine?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mcdee13: 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
im interested in MSc Business Admin, i have a first Degree in Marketing with 2.1. In a nigerian university. Whats my chance of been selected. And when possibly will i write exams? If it is Nov, can I defer it till next year? Thanks! Quick response will be appreciated!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emperorbukky: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
Yem0350:
Dere is no problem abt d public sector because some of d govt workers are students in noun ofering some profesional prog n master. Dat of private sector is what i cant say. Anyway, A friend of mine got a job @ airtel wit NOUN degree in info tech, although, he used some connections.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Roserbert(m): 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
ferdimako:

There is no course like that. That course is GST201-Nigerian Peoples and Cultures. If you have not done the GST201, please use wrong course in your portal to change it to GST201 and register that.

Pls Check the attached file!
VIPICO:

I'm sure you are new. Shifting a few courses forward maybe for technical or whatever reason is very much different from what used to obtain in the past when actual dates earlier fixed for commencement of resumption, registration, exams, etc would be shifted sometimes indefinitely.

Pls guys, am interested in applying for PGD [Mobile Communication Technology (Wireless)] is there a way to check the course outline and probably the school fees I'll be paying if am considered for the course. It might be important for me to know before buying the form as I'm the one sponsoring myself, and needs to consider my pocket too before diving in.

Pls, the question is open to all. So, feel free to share with me if you know how to go about it.

Thanks and best regards
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Roserbert(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
apeelewuetu: When u get admission to open University, u need to register for courses u intend to do in the first semester just like the convectional university but what unique about National open university is that in your portal , all courses u are to do within the duration of your programme is there already so it now left for u do decide if u want to use 7 years for undergraduate or 3 years. Most of the students are ignorant of this and the university is not helping the situation because they are not creating awareness.So it is very possible to combine 100 and 200 level provided u are confidence to read and pass. to be continued in few minutes

Pls guys, am interested in applying for PGD [Mobile Communication Technology (Wireless)] is there a way to check the course outline and probably the school fees I'll be paying if am considered for the course. It might be important for me to know before buying the form as I'm the one sponsoring myself, and needs to consider my pocket too before diving in.

Pls, the question is open to all. So, feel free to share with me if you know how to go about it.

Thanks and best regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (1581) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.