Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478000 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2015
strongboi:
Thanks so much, are you an Msc student at NOUN?

No but I know about it well. I helped my boss to register his.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nogames: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
seansifo:
I visited a business center yesterday to get some paperwork done to my greatest surprise I saw a very young girl (highest 21years of age) processing noun admission and I was like wtf?. I still can figure out what is stopping her from taking jamb. Most people (especially youths) believe noun is the surest well that's true but believe me one can never compare noun students to those in other university. Noun is a very good initiative but definitely not for people like "her" For now, all most 80% of noun students are half baked please lets be honest and that's why it called "open university"

Please let's advise our youth (especially those below 25years) to stay away from now at least for now. Jamb has been made easier now

Op i don't understand what you me by half baked, maybe you find it difficulty to understand the concept of open and distance learning, if your acclaimed 20% " full baked" are product of the same institution, then my conclusion is that the school is capable of churning out quantity graduates, don't forget chief Obafemi Awolowo and many others were products of distance learning. The issue of "half baked" graduate is not pertaining to NOUN alone but cut across all institution in Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by teecode: 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
aned:

400 Accounting.

Pls can i hav ur number or BBM pin?

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SENESCO(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
aned:

Yea you can provided you have the o/level requirement.
Tanx so much bt pls hw sure r u coz @teecode said dat he as nt seen anyone dat came in thru nce accountin? Pls ur urgent reply wil b appreciated.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
SENESCO:

If I applied in a conventional uni I wud av gone 4 economics coz I av NCE in accountin already so I wud lik 2 av knowledge of d 2 fields. Nt dat I dnt av passion 4 accountin, bt I was told dat wit my bsc in economics I can stil write professional exams in accountin n become a chartered accountant. Pls ur advice is urgently needed.

You have answered your own question. Economics will avail you the opportunity of interdisciplinarity. ACCA or ICAN qualifies you as a chartered accountant irrespective of you first degree, therefore, it's wise to unlimit yourself especially in your undergraduate degree.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SENESCO(m): 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
pricelessmr:

You have answered your own question. Economics will avail you the opportunity of interdisciplinarity. ACCA or ICAN qualifies you as a chartered accountant irrespective of you first degree, therefore, it's wise to unlimit yourself especially in your undergraduate degree.
Tanx so much sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by aned: 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
SENESCO:

Tanx so much bt pls hw sure r u coz @teecode said dat he as nt seen anyone dat came in thru nce accountin? Pls ur urgent reply wil b appreciated.

teecode hasn't seen don't mean 'it doesn't exist'.
At the point of filling the application form,
Select direct entry then the rest will be question and answer.
Note: ND, NCE,Bsc etc are been treated as higer certificates and often times are been admitted into 200 level in NOUN.
For now, there is no DE admission into BSc program in Economics because the first set of students have just moved into their 2nd semester, 100 level.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samurairulzz(m): 2:40am On Jan 09, 2015
pls i have a minor problem on my birth certificate. 27 of july was written instead of 25. Pls can i still use it for screnning?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 4:45am On Jan 09, 2015
samurairulzz:
pls i have a minor problem on my birth certificate. 27 of july was written instead of 25. Pls can i still use it for screnning?
Go and do affidavit.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SENESCO(m): 6:35am On Jan 09, 2015
aned:

teecode hasn't seen don't mean 'it doesn't exist'.
At the point of filling the application form,
Select direct entry then the rest will be question and answer.
Note: ND, NCE,Bsc etc are been treated as higer certificates and often times are been admitted into 200 level in NOUN.
For now, there is no DE admission into BSc program in Economics because the first set of students have just moved into their 2nd semester, 100 level.

Tanx so much.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DorcasShalom: 6:59am On Jan 09, 2015
plz i need ur advice, am an nd accounting holder but abt goin for hnd. and i will like to put in for bsc accounting in noun, wots are my chances of admitted and wot are d processes. thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by funkyjms: 7:37am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by abimijul1: 9:01am On Jan 09, 2015
Accounting students of NOUN, pls I nid a
confidential ans 2 dis question; What does NOUN
mean dat their accounting program is in
collaboration with ICAN, is it dat if u r through with
ur 4yrs course, u r already certified as an
Chartered Accountant or wot?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by funkyjms: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2015
abimijul1:

Never!
It's about accreditation. If you have your B.Sc. Accounting from NOUN, you can claim applicable exceptions in ICAN just like students from other accredited universities.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DorcasShalom: 10:48am On Jan 09, 2015
DorcasShalom:
plz i need ur advice, am an nd accounting holder but abt goin for hnd. and i will like to put in for bsc accounting in noun, wots are my chances of admitted and wot are d processes. thanks
please sumone shld reply
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 10:51am On Jan 09, 2015
DorcasShalom:
You can secure admission in BSC accountancy just visit the SC for procedure.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 10:58am On Jan 09, 2015
funkyjms:
Please, when is the deadline for buying of form for the new applicants?
I saw January 12 under block dates, again February 13

Processing for someone, quick response is appreciated
is open till matric which on 21st February.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samurairulzz(m): 11:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Kazrem:

Go and do affidavit.
Please where can I do that?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by funkyjms: 11:24am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by blessedqueen(f): 11:38am On Jan 09, 2015
aned:

400 Accounting.

Ok
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2015
Wrong.... Its in oyibo.
emmyvet:

NOUN Study Centre in PH is at St. John Campus (Aba Road, near Garrison), Rumuolumeni PMB 5047, Port Harcourt. riverscentre@nou.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2015
Permanent site is on nta road.... Nothing is happening there.... We moved from st johns last year.... Study centre is at oyibo. Just after the check point, you ll see trailer park on the right... Follow the right, you wont miss it.
prettyblaqy:

To whc one is in eriebe just after timber just close to timber, pls, i learnt they ve moved to their permanet

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by shezy(f): 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
pls i need list of courses for peace and conflict 200L,i think they'v replaced some
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DorcasShalom: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
emmyvet:

You can secure admission in BSC accountancy just visit the SC for procedure.
thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DorcasShalom: 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
plz hw much will it cost me to study accounting, i mean d tution and the cost of the courses to be done
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Arthur9571: 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hello all,

Please, anyone who has got past questions for the courses below:
GST 807 :The Good Study Guide
MBA 801 :Production and Operations Management
MBA 815 :Management Information System
MBA 825 :Research Design & Methodology for Business Decision
MBA 831 Organizational Behavior and Theory
BHM 805 Corporate Finance
MBA 817 Environment of Business
kindly send to planning.ng@gmail.com.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
samurairulzz:

Please where can I do that?
High or magistrate court.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by spartanian(m): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
Icompleted my pgd. Information Technology exams and i have not yet been assigned a supervisor for about six months now, please anyone who can assist should contact me through my bbm on my signature, thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by aned: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
abimijul1:

No, it doesn't mean you are an already ican certified accountant.
What it mean is that some of the NOUN accounting study materials are been prepared using ican study pack ( with permission).
That is the collaboration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Wrong.... Its in oyibo
Thumbs up! am not in PH SC I just got the address from NOUN official website, maybe they relocated that's why I told her to collect their phone number and call them to be sure.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Zerop: 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nothing is happening in port Harcourt
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samurairulzz(m): 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
Kazrem:

High or magistrate court.
Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.