Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478179 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 1:28am On Jan 10, 2015
seansifo:
I visited a business center yesterday to get some paperwork done to my greatest surprise I saw a very young girl (highest 21years of age) processing noun admission and I was like wtf?. I still can figure out what is stopping her from taking jamb. Most people (especially youths) believe noun is the surest well that's true but believe me one can never compare noun students to those in other university. Noun is a very good initiative but definitely not for people like "her" For now, all most 80% of noun students are half baked please lets be honest and that's why it called "open university"

Please let's advise our youth (especially those below 25years) to stay away from now at least for now. Jamb has been made easier now

What are you saying? Stop discouraging people that are ready to acquire knowledge with your wrong advise. %80 are half baked? Says who? Are you one of the half baked? What is the statistics you used in arriving at your conclusion? Open distance learning has been in existence for years in advanced countries like China, UK, USA and so on yet they never called their students half baked. So also here in Nigeria, We have UIdlc, OAUdlc, UNILAGdlc and so on. Do you know that close to 2 million prospective students sit for JAMB every year and all the institutions we have can't accommodate a million even if they all passed. May be you have forgotten that we have in this school those that have experienced conventional and at the same time distance learning. Why do we find it so difficult to embrace change in this country? no wonder we are stagnant in almost every aspect. And to those that really want to study in NOUN, prepare yourself very well. no tipping of lecturers, no cheating during examination most especially computer based test. (100&200L), no begging of lecturer to help you with 0.1 mark not to talk of 1 mark. But if you can dream it, you can do it; when ever there is a will, there must be a way. Shalom

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:05am On Jan 10, 2015
samurairulzz:

Thanks bro
You are welcome. What course are you applying for?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samurairulzz(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2015
Kazrem:

You are welcome. What course are you applying for?
Economics ni ooooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:55am On Jan 10, 2015
samurairulzz:

Economics ni ooooo
Good course. Best of luck.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2015
Hello NOUNITES,
Would it still be possible to start processing admission? I did a diploma course in Mass Communication in UNILAG back in 2010. Can I use my transcript to transfer into NOUN and begin from 200 level?
An answer to this question will be very much appreciated.
Also, can you serve with a degree from NOUN?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oneluvs: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
I have been offered admission 200l in noun to study computer science, in awa ijebu ode study center. Please is anybody here studing computer science from my center.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
HotAsIce:
Hello NOUNITES,
Would it still be possible to start processing admission? I did a diploma course in Mass Communication in UNILAG back in 2010. Can I use my transcript to transfer into NOUN and begin from 200 level?
Yes to the first, the 2nd is pending.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
HotAsIce:
Hello NOUNITES,
Yes very possible.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
donbrowser:

Yes to the first, the 2nd is pending.

Thanks so much sir. So where do I begin with the processing of my admission?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
Kazrem:

Yes very possible.

Thanks so much.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by marafa001(m): 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hello naira landers! I have HND quantity surveying and I want go for Bsc programme in NOUN, pls may I be consider as DE student? And advicely which course I have to take that will suit my profession

Thanka always
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jom28gy(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
Please how much is noun school fees,?want to know.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
seansifo:
I visited a business center yesterday to get some paperwork done to my greatest surprise I saw a very young girl (highest 21years of age) processing noun admission and I was like wtf?. I still can figure out what is stopping her from taking jamb. Most people (especially youths) believe noun is the surest well that's true but believe me one can never compare noun students to those in other university. Noun is a very good initiative but definitely not for people like "her" For now, all most 80% of noun students are half baked please lets be honest and that's why it called "open university"

Please let's advise our youth (especially those below 25years) to stay away from now at least for now. Jamb has been made easier now
Where were you when i was writing Jamb 5 times?
I'll forever be grateful to Noun for giving me a hope of Bsc.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
HotAsIce:

Thanks so much sir. So where do I begin with the processing of my admission?
Walk into a zenith bank and get your form for 5k.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sherville(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Hw much is it nd hw do i get in touch
4reigningqueen:

you need to buy my book A TO Z OF NOUN published by me and sold by me.all your questions are answered there. cheers
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sherville(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
A man who fails to plan,plans 2 fail,thats d reason 4 my questions so dnt be mad @ my questions Ok,Above all thanks 4 every response.KAZREM U BE MY GUY NW
Kazrem:

Chai, dis your questions is, in Mr patrick grammer, too robust for the metalo tinkology of my human mentality. But then, let me help you a little. You take the number of courses you can afford financially and have time to read for. Maximum unit is 24 per semester, if am not mistaken. Semester duration is 4 months. Exam takes averagely 3 weeks (breaks in between the days) but depends on the school management. Installment payment, No. pay for courses you can afford. Why do you want to know the meaning of tma when you have not even bought the form - the minimum requirement to be a student of the school. Anyway, make e no be like sey I no good, tma means Tutor Marked Assessment. Exam is computer based for 100 and 200level, written for 300 and above. NB. Don't ask any question here until you purchase the form, or else........ Lolz
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samurairulzz(m): 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Kazrem:

Good course. Best of luck.
Thanks man
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by unibadan(m): 1:11am On Jan 11, 2015
Hello people

I realized my course for MBA has changed inspite of some courses that I registered for last semester.

Do I need to register for the new course or I continue with already registered course in last semester which I didn't do the exams.

Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 11:54am On Jan 11, 2015
HOW TO USE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE TO PURSUE HIGHER DEGREE IN ANY CONVENTIONAL UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA AND ABROAD. ACESS OR CERTIFICATE TO PHD.
If you have written Jamb for several times without success or did WAEC for several times, I think this write up will be useful for you, you can obtain National Open University of Nigeria admission without the rigour of Jamb although you will have to pay for Jamb regularization fees before the end of your course. Processes involve in purchasing and filling of form up to screening in your center of your choice can be seen in my former write up. Certificate obtain at the end of your course can be used to pursue higher degree in Open University or any conventional university. I will start with somebody with incomplete result or somebody who has deficient in one or two subjects like somebody without English or mathematics- you can start with certificate program or Diploma or access program in NOUN. To use the certificate obtain at the end of the course to pursue higher degree require you to more focus, determine and concentrate in your study if possible get extra lecture or assistance from more experience students or qualified and experience teachers within your environment, then you will be able to have a good grade which you can use to pursue such a higher degree. As for certificate program you must pass all course stipulated particularly the GST courses before you can proceed to Diploma. Also, for Diploma you must have at least overall Credit which is approximately 50% before you can be allowed to pursue Degree. To use such diploma to pursue higher degree in conventional university , you will require to have upper credit which is approximately 60%. To obtain the above stated result is very simple, do your assignment and make sure you don’t have less than 27 out of 30 marks and try your best in exam. To be continued- Next is Degree certificate to Master.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
unibadan:
Hello people

I realized my course for MBA has changed inspite of some courses that I registered for last semester.

Do I need to register for the new course or I continue with already registered course in last semester which I didn't do the exams.

Thank you.
go to your study centre and drop those one that are not relevant to the current situation and register the current available course particularly the compulsory courses, it is not the fault of the school and not your fault raither because we don't know the reason behind your failure to write the exam, changes are made as a result of frequent monitoring by National University Commission that see to smooth runing of all university in Nigeria, thesame also apply to all conventional university.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
marafa001:
Hello naira landers! I have HND quantity surveying and I want go for Bsc programme in NOUN, pls may I be consider as DE student? And advicely which course I have to take that will suit my profession

Thanka always
Sorry, for now there is no course relating to surveying but u can start fresh degree like data management, computer and information communication which i think will be an added advantage to your previous experience. but if u still insist to start from 200L i will advice u to go for education program, they may consider u for 200L. e.g. physics, mathematics, chemistry, PRY. EDU.etc but u must have your o level like physics, chemistry and biology, u can call me on 07066369302 for further information.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
how to make the school bow for you and not u bow for school.
Register your courses as early as possible, do not register less than 24 credit units, if u don't have enough course to reach 24 units add from your next semester to complete it.
collect the available materials and start downloading and printing the unavailable ones. I think i can do dat for u at a cheaper rate.
Look for past TMA and past questions, go through the materials and attempt the available exercise and past questions.
register for exam as your failure to register for exam mean u will not be allowed to write exam.
read for an average of 2 to 3 hours per day.
Download and print your TMA (Tutor Mark Assignment).
Answer the TMA, first on paper before taking it to online or cafe for submission.
If u have a more experience students or teachers around u , give it to them and let them do correction for u but it is necessary the person must use NOUN material or go over the material before he or she can answer the question successfully as the best professor can easily score less than pass mark if he or she failed to use the NOUN material.
Prepare for exam by using various study skill u have learnt in GST. Print your ID card and exam registration slip for exam.
Arrive at the venue of the exam atleast 1 hour to the exam.
attempt all questions but don't be too greedy.
pray and try your best, don't involve in any form of exam. maltpractice.
for further information involves in getting good grade in NOUN exam. you can contact me on 07066369302, apeelewuetu is now in kaduna study center, labaraku area, airforce workshop, opposite National Open University of Nigeria,Kaduna. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nigeriahero: 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
NOUN 4th Convocation has been scheduled to hold this January, 2015 - Read more at noun 4th convocation ceremony
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by praemaise(m): 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
apeelewuetu:
how to make the school bow for you and not u bow for school.
Register your courses as early as possible, do not register less than 24 credit units, if u don't have enough course to reach 24 units add from your next semester to complete it.
collect the available materials and start downloading and printing the unavailable ones. I think i can do dat for u at a cheaper rate.
Look for past TMA and past questions, go through the materials and attempt the available exercise and past questions.
register for exam as your failure to register for exam mean u will not be allowed to write exam.
read for an average of 2 to 3 hours per day.
Download and print your TMA (Tutor Mark Assignment).
Answer the TMA, first on paper before taking it to online or cafe for submission.
If u have a more experience students or teachers around u , give it to them and let them do correction for u but it is necessary the person must use NOUN material or go over the material before he or she can answer the question successfully as the best professor can easily score less than pass mark if he or she failed to use the NOUN material.
Prepare for exam by using various study skill u have learnt in GST. Print your ID card and exam registration slip for exam.
Arrive at the venue of the exam atleast 1 hour to the exam.
attempt all questions but don't be too greedy.
pray and try your best, don't involve in any form of exam. maltpractice.
for further information involves in getting good grade in NOUN exam. you can contact me on 07066369302, apeelewuetu is now in kaduna study center, labaraku area, airforce workshop, opposite National Open University of Nigeria,Kaduna. Goodluck.

Thanks for this.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Goldpeas(m): 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
apeelewuetu:
Sorry, for now there is no course relating to surveying but u can start fresh degree like data management, computer and information communication which i think will be an added advantage to your previous experience. but if u still insist to start from 200L i will advice u to go for education program, they may consider u for 200L. e.g. physics, mathematics, chemistry, PRY. EDU.etc but u must have your o level like physics, chemistry and biology, u can call me on 07066369302 for further information.

I have HND in ESTATE MANAGEMENT and I've seen a related course.... please educate me on the necessary steps to follow. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by felixboye1(m): 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2015
Dear Nounite, are you a busy type and you are finding it difficult to combine your work with studies? Are you are not finding studying @ NOUN easy due to the voluminous course materials given to you? Do you want to graduate with an outstanding grade at NOUN. You now have solutions to these problems. We organize private, one-on-one tutorship both at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels at Ibadan in the following courses:
--Criminology and Security Studies
--Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution.
Due to flexibility nature of NOUN, we allow you to choose the venue and time to suite you.
The tutorial involves:
Lecturing you module-by-module in all your semesters courses
Guiding you on how to perform excellently in your TMAs and examinations
Guiding you on how you can complete your studies within a very short time
Guiding you in your project and thesis works etc.
In general, we crave to making studying easy for you.
Please note: the tutorship is only available to Ibadan resident for now.
I am a PGD graduate of Criminology and Security Studies, NOUN and MSC graduate of Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution, NOUN.
Contact me if you need tutorship in the above named courses at a reasonable price.
Phone: 07038762656
Whatsapp: +2347038762656
BBM: 7D3D355E
Facebook: www.facebook.com/felixboye.9
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
Goldpeas:

I have HND in ESTATE MANAGEMENT and I've seen a related course.... please educate me on the necessary steps to follow. Thanks
which course?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Goldpeas:

ok, u can try this - B.Sc. Environmental Science & Resource Management, but u must have physics, chemistry and biology at o level, if u have the above then u can call me on 07066369302.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oneluvs: 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
Please @ apeelewuetu. Does it mean that d tma questions will likely to come out in the examination questions. Or how does the examination look like?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bravesoul2: 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
ayxmania:

All the centres in Nigeria offer the same courses, so all the centres do

Thank u very much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lexdino: 8:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
Any Noun benin study center political science fresher here? Join our group chat on whatsapp. Message me on 08182334558

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.