Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3477754 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Goldpeas(m): 10:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
apeelewuetu:

ok, u can try this - B.Sc. Environmental Science & Resource Management, but u must have physics, chemistry and biology at o level, if u have the above then u can call me on 07066369302.

wow! you read my mind! That's the course, I have in mind.. Thanks will Cal tomorrow

I have the above O'LEVELL
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 9:31am On Jan 12, 2015
apeelewuetu:
HOW TO USE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE TO PURSUE HIGHER DEGREE IN ANY CONVENTIONAL UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA AND ABROAD. ACESS OR CERTIFICATE TO PHD.
If you have written Jamb for several times without success or did WAEC for several times, I think this write up will be useful for you, you can obtain National Open University of Nigeria admission without the rigour of Jamb although you will have to pay for Jamb regularization fees before the end of your course. Processes involve in purchasing and filling of form up to screening in your center of your choice can be seen in my former write up. Certificate obtain at the end of your course can be used to pursue higher degree in Open University or any conventional university. I will start with somebody with incomplete result or somebody who has deficient in one or two subjects like somebody without English or mathematics- you can start with certificate program or Diploma or access program in NOUN. To use the certificate obtain at the end of the course to pursue higher degree require you to more focus, determine and concentrate in your study if possible get extra lecture or assistance from more experience students or qualified and experience teachers within your environment, then you will be able to have a good grade which you can use to pursue such a higher degree. As for certificate program you must pass all course stipulated particularly the GST courses before you can proceed to Diploma. Also, for Diploma you must have at least overall Credit which is approximately 50% before you can be allowed to pursue Degree. To use such diploma to pursue higher degree in conventional university , you will require to have upper credit which is approximately 60%. To obtain the above stated result is very simple, do your assignment and make sure you don’t have less than 27 out of 30 marks and try your best in exam. To be continued- Next is Degree certificate to Master.
HOW TO USE NOUN DEGREE TO PURSUE HIGHER DEGREE IN NOUN OR OTHER UNIVERSITY EITHER IN NIGERIA OR ABROAD
The moment u are given admission, u have to set your target, your first target should be no failure whatever in any course. second target should be either first class (70%) or above, second class upper (60%) or above or second class lower(50%) or above, anything less than this will prevent u to have a smooth progress to higher degree or u may have to go through PGD.Now what are the steps to take to achieve the above target? The above question depend on your determination which will require u to be fully focused, concentrate and little effort. I think i have covered more about how to achieve your target , u can browse nairaland for apeelewuetu post, if u need more details, u can contact me on 07066369302. To be continued - Next is Master to PHD.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Zerop: 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
Any law fresher in the building 200L Port Harcourt... Join our BBM group 7F786355
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
How i save a student from wasteful 3 semester that would have amount to over 75,000.00
At times u may be doing some wrong things thinking that u are on the right path, that was exactly the situation with the student in question. She filled the form by herself and she was given access admission, on her way to the school, she reluctantly show me the admission letter and i told her the course she suppose to fill and she agreed, i login using her login details and made some corrections in the form and she was given admission to 100L. Therefore it is always good to seek advice from more experience person raither than engaging on something u know little or nothing about. At the end of the whole show she gave me #500.00 which i quite appreciate. If the above situation applicable to u, u can call me on 07066369302.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
SCHOOL FEES LINK, Click on it - http://www.nou.edu.ng/announcements/NOUN%20PAYMENT%20SCHEDULES%20ADJUSTED.pdf
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by guruvick(m): 10:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
Good Day everyone!
Please can someone tell me about NOUN
And know if the Application form for 2015 is out?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jjwilliams(m): 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
How easy is it to switch to another study center when someone relocates to a different state?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by felixboye1(m): 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2015
Dear Nounite, are you a busy type and you are
finding it difficult to combine your work with
studies? Are you are not finding studying @
NOUN easy due to the voluminous course
materials given to you? Do you want to graduate
with an outstanding grade at NOUN. You now
have solutions to these problems. We organize
private, one-on-one tutorship both at
Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels at Ibadan
in the following courses:
--Criminology and Security Studies
--Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution.
Due to flexibility nature of NOUN, we allow you to
choose the venue and time to suite you.
The tutorial involves:
Lecturing you module-by-module in all your
semesters courses
Guiding you on how to perform excellently in your
TMAs and examinations
Guiding you on how you can complete your
studies within a very short time
Guiding you in your project and thesis works etc.
In general, we crave to making studying easy for
you.
Please note: the tutorship is only available to
Ibadan resident for now.
I am a PGD graduate of Criminology and Security
Studies, NOUN and MSC graduate of Peace
Studies and Conflict Resolution, NOUN.
Contact me if you need tutorship in the above
named courses at a reasonable price.
Phone: 07038762656
Whatsapp: +2347038762656
BBM: 7D3D355E
Facebook: www.facebook.com/felixboye.9
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tobaoye: 4:49am On Jan 13, 2015
Hello!

I need an estimate of financial cost of taking up MBA or M. Sc. Business Administration at the open university. (i.e School fee, course registration, course materials etc).

Thank you in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcstyle40(m): 6:57am On Jan 13, 2015
Pls i want to register in Noun for a course that doesnt have maths or very little maths. Am an art student and here are the courses i have in mind......
COPERATIVE MANAGMENT,
HOSPITALITY MANAGMENT,
ENGLISH LANGAUGE. (B.A).
Pls do they ve maths and if yes which good course can i do without maths or little of maths..?
AND PLS DOES NOUN HOLD LECTURES REGULARLY CUZ I CANT STUDY AND TEACH MYSELF ALONE. PLS URGENT REPLY NEEDED AS I NEED TO REGISTER AND START WITH NOUN THIS JANUARY AND I HEARD IT END ON 15TH. THANKS.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by teecode: 7:15am On Jan 13, 2015
Hello house....

I don't seem to understand how noun work again oo...
4th Convocation Ceremony is scheduled for this weekend and the school is yet to release last semester exam up till now!! Does this mean those who hav finished their program in the last semester would have to wait till the school release result (probably after the Convocation Ceremenoy) before they can graduate?

Anyone with an idea?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kevoh(m): 9:04am On Jan 13, 2015
Guys when is the deadline for screening (Msc)? I have been there thrice since the year started when I had the time and was told to come this week.

Now this week is pretty tight for me, no breathing space. I was even on my way to Wuse study centre, Abuja this morning only for them to call me back from the office because of an emergency. That's today gone already and possibly this week, judging from how emergencies are @ my workplace. I don't want to miss starting this semester. So please anyone with any idea of when the screening will end should please inform me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevohdee(m): 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2015
wat is d minimum course units for a PGD Bus. Admin. student need 2 graduate?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevohdee(m): 1:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
pls wat is d required minimum course units 4 a PGD Bus. Admin. student 2 graduate?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
kevoh:
Guys when is the deadline for screening (Msc)? I have been there thrice since the year started when I had the time and was told to come this week.

Now this week is pretty tight for me, no breathing space. I was even on my way to Wuse study centre, Abuja this morning only for them to call me back from the office because of an emergency. That's today gone already and possibly this week, judging from how emergencies are @ my workplace. I don't want to miss starting this semester. So please anyone with any idea of when the screening will end should please inform me.
No deadline. Go when you are chances as long as exam hasn't started.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
kcstyle40:
Pls i want to register in Noun for a course that doesnt have maths or very little maths. Am an art student and here are the courses i have in mind......
COPERATIVE MANAGMENT,
HOSPITALITY MANAGMENT,
ENGLISH LANGAUGE. (B.A).
Pls do they ve maths and if yes which good course can i do without maths or little of maths..?
AND PLS DOES NOUN HOLD LECTURES REGULARLY CUZ I CANT STUDY AND TEACH MYSELF ALONE. PLS URGENT REPLY NEEDED AS I NEED TO REGISTER AND START WITH NOUN THIS JANUARY AND I HEARD IT END ON 15TH. THANKS.
English doesn't have mathematics. But there is no way you will totally escape mathematics in institution. If you don't do maths in your department you will come across it in general course, though it may be elementary maths.
Secondly, no regular lecture here. Unless you will attend the classes organised for students which is paid for. This is an Open University.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
tobaoye:
Hello!

I need an estimate of financial cost of taking up MBA or M. Sc. Business Administration at the open university. (i.e School fee, course registration, course materials etc).

Thank you in advance.
Form - #7500.
Compulsory fee - #41k
Course registration - 2k per course or more
Exam registration - 1k
Your first semester is around 71k or more.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
guruvick:
Good Day everyone!
Please can someone tell me about NOUN
And know if the Application form for 2015 is out?
The form is current on sale.
Visit www.noun.edu.ng or www.nou.edu.ng to know about the school.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevohdee(m): 2:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
i registered 15units course in my 1st semester & i want 2 know d remaining course units i need 2 graduate
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tobaoye: 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
Kazrem:

Form - #7500.
Compulsory fee - #41k
Course registration - 2k per course or more
Exam registration - 1k
Your first semester is around 71k or more.

Thank you a million times for this prompt information
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kevoh(m): 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
Kazrem:

Thanks Kazrem. Can you add me on whatsapp or BBM? Want to discuss about Noun with you,here's my number: ...will take the number off later. Plse don't quote this comment, just mention kevoh when replying.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mousco(m): 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
Hello .. Am a fresher direct entry 200l computer sc I just got my mat number 2day from d Benin afta dat I went 2 a cafe 2 sign up as directed . now am in warri but I can't login wit my mat number n password ..... Its telling me sign up bla blah blah pls help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by guruvick(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2015
Kazrem:

The form is current on sale.
Visit www.noun.edu.ng or www.nou.edu.ng to know about the school.
Thanks for the reply!
Please is everything strictly online?
How often do I have to visit the study centre?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
guruvick:

Thanks for the reply!
Please is everything strictly online?
How often do I have to visit the study centre?
Online as in? Your test is done offline but submitted online. Exam is online for 100 and 200 level. Pen on paper for 300 level and above.
How often to go to SC? When you have something to do or ask noni. If you do not have anything to do or ask, there is no need going there.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dawoyo(m): 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
Kazrem:

There's a deadline! Screening stops immediately after matriculation. Anyways that's how it is in my study centre.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2015
dawoyo:

There's a deadline! Screening stops immediately after matriculation. Anyways that's how it is in my study centre.
That's your study center. Here in Ikeja, people are screened and admitted even after matric. Screening stops when registration for the semester is closed.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dawoyo(m): 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Kazrem:

That's your study center. Here in Ikeja, people are screened and admitted even after matric. Screening stops when registration for the semester is closed.
That's cool then!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by guruvick(m): 9:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
Kazrem:

Online as in? Your test is done offline but submitted online. Exam is online for 100 and 200 level. Pen on paper for 300 level and above.
How often to go to SC? When you have something to do or ask noni. If you do not have anything to do or ask, there is no need going there.

Alright! Thanks very much
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by abimijul1: 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
Indicate if u r a graduate of NOUN and u have finished ur NYSC or still in Nysc or preparing 2 go
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 14, 2015
join National open university of nigeria (NOUN) student on BBM channel.
pin.bbm.com/C002552E6

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Zerop: 2:12am On Jan 14, 2015
Any law fresher in the building 200L Port Harcourt... Join our BBM group 7F786355 grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jboixxx: 6:08am On Jan 14, 2015
Folks are still on NYSC issue? Ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Enskynelson(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.