Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3492925 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kazrem:

Is result out?

Yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
honourableseyi:

Yes
thanks but only 2 were released.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by scheat39: 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kazrem:

2 of wot?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by scheat39: 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
LET SHARE OUR RESULT.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by alakaloko(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hi guys.... I checked my result now and found only one course out of 5 ... Are they releasing results in piecemeal?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2015
scheat39:
2 of wot?
2 of the results.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SlimBrawnie(f): 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
Noun Noun
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
Law student 300l,ABJ SC. I had 2 As, and 4 Es and 1 C.. I knew what I wrote, why is NOUN ABJ SC frustrating our efforts in this manner? As a matter of fact, one course I had A, was supposed to be C cos it was an Eexam and I calculated it after the exam., This is so unfair, my GP in year 1&2 were well above 4point, Im so loosing it.

was it the past questions you focused on?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2015
Kazrem:

Yes I guess they are releasing it bit by bit. I have seen 3 out of 12
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
honourableseyi:

Yes I guess they are releasing it bit by bit. I have seen 3 out of 12

what lvl are u in bro?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
emmyvet:

Have you been admitted ? if yes then your admission is waiting for you till when you are ready.

please respond
Thanks
Not buying the form yet but middle of the year or later is that
possible?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DorcasShalom: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
blessedqueen:

Ok
plz how much did it cost u for accounting per semesta
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
Yes its possible to read law but Issues have not been resolved though.
tundeontop:
Hello nairalanders . Is it advisable to study law in NOUN? I heard sometimes ago that CLE are having issues with NOUN,has it been resolved?

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by prettyblaqy(f): 12:32am On Jan 25, 2015
good morning house, greetings in Jesus name, pls i would appreciate a favourable, honest & urgent answers to my questns,

1. I paid for M.Ed form got & started processing it along d line made a mistake with d name, where i put my other name instead of the name in my formal certificates, i found out after printing the admmission letter i was directed to one place inside d school & was told 5k will be used to correct it & will be reprinted, pls could this be a genuine one, cos i also learnt abt this 3k medical stuff @ ph study centre?

2. I was told that d total cash i will pay will be 80k @ a fresher consisting of my school fee, exams & course registration, my question is as m.ed edu admin & planning, forst semester i have abt 3 courses with 3 units & 4 courses with 2units i learnt exam is 1k each, what is actually d price for registering each of this courses in M.Ed &?

3. if i am done with screening, this week say monday,what is the next procedure & how do i go abt. Pls any body in my dept & class should be make haste to either text, call or chat me up on whatsapp with 07068961324, i really need urgent help i still visit from far as i havent got accomodation yet. Thanks anticipating favourable & urgent answers
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:17am On Jan 25, 2015
prettyblaqy:
good morning house, greetings in Jesus name, pls i would appreciate a favourable, honest & urgent answers to my questns,

1. I paid for M.Ed form got & started processing it along d line made a mistake with d name, where i put my other name instead of the name in my formal certificates, i found out after printing the admmission letter i was directed to one place inside d school & was told 5k will be used to correct it & will be reprinted, pls could this be a genuine one, cos i also learnt abt this 3k medical stuff @ ph study centre?

2. I was told that d total cash i will pay will be 80k @ a fresher consisting of my school fee, exams & course registration, my question is as m.ed edu admin & planning, forst semester i have abt 3 courses with 3 units & 4 courses with 2units i learnt exam is 1k each, what is actually d price for registering each of this courses in M.Ed &?

3. if i am done with screening, this week say monday,what is the next procedure & how do i go abt. Pls any body in my dept & class should be make haste to either text, call or chat me up on whatsapp with 07068961324, i really need urgent help i still visit from far as i havent got accomodation yet. Thanks anticipating favourable & urgent answers
Can you imagine? 5k just to change name. How much will such person collect if he wants to change your SC for you. These are people who give others wrong impression about NOUN.
Each 2 units course registration is 2k while 3 units course is 2500. Exam registration suppose to be 500 for each I think because Msc exam is POP and not e exam.
When you are done with screening, get your matric number with your screening code, get the courses you will, pay and do other necessary things.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dieperye: 7:53am On Jan 25, 2015
prettyblaqy:

I don't any idea abt change of name. But course registration for master level is 2500 for 2units and 3000 for 3units. Exams fee is 2500 per course. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tundeontop: 11:14am On Jan 25, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Yes its possible to read law but Issues have not been resolved though.
YES I know it's possible to read law in NOUN I just want to know if it's advisable.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:20am On Jan 25, 2015
Its a risk. 50/50
tundeontop:

YES I know it's possible to read law in NOUN I just want to know if it's advisable.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tundeontop: 11:33am On Jan 25, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Its a risk. 50/50
Yeh! Mogbe!, I don't like gamble.

Anyway Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

please respond
sorry for the late response.
If you are not ready now wait for next semester june/july fresh students will also be admitted
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
emmyvet:

sorry for the late response.
If you are not ready now wait for next semester june/july fresh students will also be admitted

ok tenks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by alakaloko(m): 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
prettyblaqy:

1.. Legitimate charge for change of name is 5k.. Its somewhere on NOUN website..

2.. Reality dawn on me too exactly this time last year when I applied for this same course.. 80k is within range. Ur compulsory fee is over 40k.. Registration for 7. Courses at 17k 3credit course is 3k while 2credit courses are at 2.5k. Exam registration is 2k per course save any increase, that is 14k

3.. Generate ur matric no, make payment and do course nd exam registration if u can afford both.. If not register the courses nd register exams later..

4.. Its good you start reading early because the courses are voluminous.. Talking from experience..

Best wishes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pharmtex08(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pls who among you wrote GST 807 the result was released and to my greatest surprise I was given F. The reason y I said I was given F is because that is not my score. From my e-exam I score 37 bcs I check my score after submitting the exam and my TMA I score 25.50 if added together it should be 62.50. With this I saw fail. Same happen to my friend to. Did anyone here have similar problem and wat is the wayout
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Boyeseth(m): 3:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
pharmtex08:
Pls who among you wrote GST 807 the result was released and to my greatest surprise I was given F. The reason y I said I was given F is because that is not my score. From my e-exam I score 37 bcs I check my score after submitting the exam and my TMA I score 25.50 if added together it should be 62.50. With this I saw fail. Same happen to my friend to. Did anyone here have similar problem and wat is the wayout

To calculate ur real exam score. Simply multiply ur e exam score by 70, den divide it by 120. Dat gives ur actual score 4 exam. Den add it up with ur best 3scores in tma out of ur 4tma. Dat gives ur final score. Kindly post al ur tma scores online,if u are stil confused. Rest mai case

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dieperye: 3:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
pharmtex08:
Your total score is 47 going by your information. You score 37 out of 120. Convert it to 70 by 37/120 Multiply 70 equal to 21.58. Add exam score of 21.58 to tma 25.50
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dieperye: 3:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
pharmtex08:
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pharmtex08(m): 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Having scored 47 in the whole course according to the calculation u gave. Was I suppose F with score mark of 47. Since the grading system says 40-44 = D

My tma1 = 8 tma2= 8 tma3=5.50 tma4=9.50 and e-exam=37
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kokopos(m): 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
pharmtex08:
Having scored 47 in the whole course according to the calculation u gave. Was I not suppose to have at least E instead of F.

My tma1 = 8 tma2= 8 tma3=5.50 tma4=9.50 and e-exam=37

Pass mark for masters and pg is 50%. If you score 49.5% its an F.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pharmtex08(m): 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
@kokopos thanks. Pls I hope this score x 70/120 is only applied to E-exam and is the 50% score apply to POP too for PG and MSC
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
pharmtex08:

Sadly, that's your result. This is the calculation: 37/120 * 70 = 21.5 + TMA best 3 (25.5) = 47% which is F for PG students. Minimum pass score is 50 which is C. Anything short of C is FAIL for Master courses. 40 is E for Undergraduate students.

The scoring algorithm for GOODSTUDY GUIDE was generally poor. I managed to score C.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
pricelessmr:

Sadly, that's your result. This is the calculation: 37/120 * 70 = 21.5 + TMA best 3 (25.5) = 47% which is F for PG students. Minimum pass score is 50 which is C. Anything short of C is FAIL for Master courses. 40 is E for Undergraduate students.

The scoring algorithm for GOODSTUDY GUIDE was generally poor. I managed to score C.

what lvl are u in now bro?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kokopos(m): 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
please how many credit units are require for 200L direct entry students to fulfil before graduation

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.