Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,113 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3478297 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damieadeh(f): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Good Afternoon nailanders, Please i need some clarification about the registration of courses at NOUN for mass communication. I have to electives which are Introduction to Sociology and Introduction to News Writing & Reporting. Which one do you think i should choose?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lifestyle1(m): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
NOUN is asking for Upper credit for direct entry. Why ?

I thought ND lower credit with 5 years working experience should be ok.

Any hope of getting into 200 level with a lower credit?

Good afternoon.

cc;
Kazrem
SENESCO
famuyiwa07
Obinoscopy
apeelewuetu
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
lifestyle1:

Good afternoon.

What GP qualifies as upper credit?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lifestyle1(m): 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lifestyle1(m): 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
HotAsIce:

What GP qualifies as upper credit?

from 3.0/4

poly too hard angry
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afangide(m): 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
VIPICO:
Here's saying a hearty CONGRATULATION to all 4th set of Graduands of the National Open University of Nigeria which took place at the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos on the 17th January, 2015. Like the overall Best Graduating student said in her valedictory speech, be happy for your success but don't rest on your oars, do not relish it for too long. The world waits for no one. It's time to set new goals and move on to achieve more in life - whatever it is you have chosen for yourself. May God be with you all. - VIPICO (OP of this thread)
Wow! VIPICO its nice reading your lines. Many students have really benefited from this thread(me too). I read this thread from page 1 to the end after which I walked into my SC like I own it because I knew all I needed to know. Thanks for starting a thread like this; God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by teecode: 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hi guys....

I have completed my course registration for this semester.....to my surprise, i was able to register 30 credit units!!! Meaning that maximum credit units for a semester has been increased from 24 to 30!

Has anyone else noticed/experienced this?

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
VIPICO:
Here's saying a hearty CONGRATULATION to all 4th set of Graduands of the National Open University of Nigeria which took place at the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos on the 17th January, 2015. Like the overall Best Graduating student said in her valedictory speech, be happy for your success but don't rest on your oars, do not relish it for too long. The world waits for no one. It's time to set new goals and move on to achieve more in life - whatever it is you have chosen for yourself. May God be with you all. - VIPICO (OP of this thread)
Wow bro, you are the op of this thread. You did well and I commend you for that. Many people like me have gotten a lot of information through this platform. It has been very very beneficiary. Will like to hook up with you for some personal mind boggling issues. I just sent you a bbm invite. Please do accept. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 4:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
Damieadeh:
Good Afternoon nailanders, Please i need some clarification about the registration of courses at NOUN for mass communication. I have to electives which are Introduction to Sociology and Introduction to News Writing & Reporting. Which one do you think i should choose?
My advice to you is to choose the one you like and/or the one you have a residual knowledge of. If I am in your position, I will go for introduction to news writing. But that's me Sha..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damieadeh(f): 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
Kazrem:

My advice to you is to choose the one you like and/or the one you have a residual knowledge of. If I am in your position, I will go for introduction to news writing. But that's me Sha..
Thanks Kazeem.
How much is 2 unit course and 3 unit course? So that i can calculate it aldo i had been given 21,500 naira but i want to know how much is it per unit. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SENESCO(m): 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
[quote author=lifestyle1 post=29964265]NOUN is asking for Upper credit for direct entry. Why ?

Good afternoon.

According to the admision requirements dat I read u must av upper credit to do DE admision into noun bt I can't say otherwise. U might choose to go to any study centre to clarify or go to their official facebook page to ask d questn, am very sure u will get d right ans dia.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olulove(m): 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
Dear all,

pls how do i register elective course as i can't find any on my portal
B.sc Communication Technology
200lvl

Regards
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bravesoul2: 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hello great intellectuals,I paid to the bank to apply for MA IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE but when i was filling my form online English language was not part of the listed courses.Please,how do i overcome this huddle?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
Damieadeh:

Thanks Kazeem.
How much is 2 unit course and 3 unit course? So that i can calculate it aldo i had been given 21,500 naira but i want to know how much is it per unit. Thanks
2 units course 2k. 3 units course 2500 naira. Exam is 1k for both
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 10:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hello ladies and gentlemen in the house! I bought the noun Application PIN today and did the registration. I applied for Physics B. Ed direct entry and I was given admission into 200 level.
My question is, when do I go to my study centre for screening? Can I go for screening after one week because I want to collect my original O'level result and go to the court to apply for declaration of age certificate.
Pls quote me to answer me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
bravesoul2:
Hello great intellectuals,I paid to the bank to apply for MA IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE but when i was filling my form online English language was not part of the listed courses.Please,how do i overcome this huddle?
Which school did you click on? Is it School of Arts and Humanities?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 12:03am On Jan 21, 2015
Timijo:
Hello ladies and gentlemen in the house! I bought the noun Application PIN today and did the registration. I applied for Physics B. Ed direct entry and I was given admission into 200 level.
My question is, when do I go to my study centre for screening? Can I go for screening after one week because I want to collect my original O'level result and go to the court to apply for declaration of age certificate.
Pls quote me to answer me.
Yes you can.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tundeontop: 7:58am On Jan 21, 2015
Hello nairalanders . Is it advisable to study law in NOUN? I heard sometimes ago that CLE are having issues with NOUN,has it been resolved?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by aned: 8:20am On Jan 21, 2015
lifestyle1:

Good afternoon.

cc;
Kazrem
SENESCO
famuyiwa07
Obinoscopy
apeelewuetu

1. Which course did you apply for in Noun?
2.your ND is in which course?
3. How is your o/level subject combination?

To the best of knowledge, Noun admits with ND lower credit into 200 level of the various undergraduate programs with the correct o/level subject mix.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Keziehenry(m): 8:27am On Jan 21, 2015
Any enugu study center student in d house?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lifestyle1(m): 8:40am On Jan 21, 2015
aned:

1. Which course did you apply for in Noun?
2.your ND is in which course?
3. How is your o/level subject combination?

To the best of knowledge, Noun admits with ND lower credit into 200 level of the various undergraduate programs with the correct o/level subject mix.

I applied to study B.SC. ENTREPRENEURIAL AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT under SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES I have ND in Business studies from a federal polytechnic.

O/Level;

Accounting A1
Math C6
English C5
Economics C6
GovernmentC6
Agric C6
Biology C6

I am currently working as an IT Manager with over 5 years working experience and a founder of an e-commerce startup, why would NOUN deny me the opportunity to further my education ?

I got a reply from centralinfo@noun.edu.ng that "ND upper credit required for Direct Entry 200l otherwise admission
will be denied."

Please what can I do ?

Good morning!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:34am On Jan 21, 2015
lifestyle1:

I applied to study B.SC. ENTREPRENEURIAL AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT under SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES I have ND in Business studies from a federal polytechnic.

O/Level;

Accounting A1
Math C6
English C5
Economics C6
GovernmentC6
Agric C6
Biology C6

I am currently working as an IT Manager with over 5 years working experience and a founder of an e-commerce startup, why would NOUN deny me the opportunity to further my education ?

I got a reply from centralinfo@noun.edu.ng that "ND upper credit required for Direct Entry 200l otherwise admission
will be denied."

Please what can I do ?

Good morning!
You know what bro. Mail that address with your scanned results. You will most likely be given if you merit it. It happened to me too and was admitted though I later decided to start from 100 level because of some reasons.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 11:23am On Jan 21, 2015
Hello house!
Please who has GST301(Entrepreneurship Studies 1) course material?
Is not in the NOUN courseware,
Please if you have kindly mail it to me at emmyvetgroup@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 21, 2015
Join !NOUNITES BBM FORUM FOR NOUN INFOS,LATEST UPDATES, MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES AND OTHER STUFFS.

NOUNITES BBM FORUM! was created for all students in all LEVELS AND DEPARTMENT of the National Open University Of Nigeria, as an avenue to to meet Other NOUN students, also to ask questions and other related issues.

click here to join pin.bbm.com/C002552E6
OR
Goto channel tab and search for !NOUNITES BBM FORUM
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lifestyle1(m): 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kazrem:

You know what bro. Mail that address with your scanned results. You will most likely be given if you merit it. It happened to me too and was admitted though I later decided to start from 100 level because of some reasons.

Ok, I will do that.

Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Keziehenry(m): 2:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
Pls can somone kindly help me with d finacial estimate of doing a pgd in pub admin or business admin. Its urgent pls. Tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by oneluvs: 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
Pls, is anybody having Mth281 mathematical method 1 becos the one i downloaded is wobble together, i coudnt see clearly the formula and words are placed on each other. Send it to: lovesmesegun@yahoo.com.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MissW: 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
lifestyle1:

O/Level;

Accounting A1
Math C6
English C5
Economics C6
GovernmentC6
Agric C6
Biology C6

will be denied."

Please what can I do ?

Good morning!

Don't disturb urself, just ask to be addmitted into 100L and they will, they will never admit ND Lower credit into 200L no matter what d person has.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lifestyle1(m): 3:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
MissW:

Don't disturb urself, just ask to be addmitted into 100L and they will, they will never admit ND Lower credit into 200L no matter what d person has.

But this shouldn't be so. The last time I checked NOUN is an open university and admission requirement should be flexible.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Timijo(m): 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
Please house, when will screening for the this year admission commence?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by teecode: 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
emmyvet:
Hello house!
Please who has GST301(Entrepreneurship Studies 1) course material?
Is not in the NOUN courseware,
Please if you have kindly mail it to me at emmyvetgroup@gmail.com
Thanks

School of Management Science...
The course code for Entrepreneurship Studies I is "SMS 210".
Course code for Enterpreneurship Studies II is "SMS 303"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.