Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3487569 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by darelar(m): 10:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
JIBOSKI437:
I intend doing M.Ed Educational Administration nd Planning.Is D COURSE work 2semesters & d last One 4 PROJECT?
yes and in case of any fail course, one will rewrite it in the last one. Wish you best of luck
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by scarr: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
phlexy2k13:
Mornin all,pls i need enlightment abt d program at NOUN,Coz i hnd upper in bus admin can i go directly 4 my MBA without PGD,hw are dey runnin dere lecture nd is d postgraduate form still available?
if ur first degree is in mgt sc den go head with the MBA

honourableseyi:

No university will allow that in this country even abroad unless few. Put in for PGD and move forward from there. There is no lecture per say, though it is called facilitation in NOUN and it is like tutorial. The beauty of it is, you can choose to attend and not to, no one is marking attendance.
you seem so sure bro
i just registered for Msc Bus Admin with my Bsc Eco
a friend also registered for MBA with Bsc Accounting..
dont pass info ure not sure about
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 3:57am On Jul 04, 2015
scarr:

you seem so sure bro

i'm assuming the "upper" being referred to is from a polytechnic? but if it is not, then you need to visit the SC.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 04, 2015
jman77:
Lol! I was asked same thing o but yet to pay the money and I believe you're from Ibadan center, I think the money should be acceptance fee. Pls anybody is free to tell us what this fee is for
Which AREA IN Ibadan IS NOUN STUDY CENTRE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by TUNEX89(m): 6:49am On Jul 04, 2015
it's like course materials are not online again or what ? Who has download his or her course materials lately ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

Please help me explain to him in a language he will understand.

Can I run an M.Ed without a PGDE? Please urgent response needed from anyone 'cos deadline is around the corner.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 8:51am On Jul 04, 2015
darelar:
yes and in case of any fail course, one will rewrite it in the last one. Wish you best of luck

Chairman you seem to know much...I studied a social science course and I am yet to collect my certificate for a PGDE course in social studies that I just concluded. Will I be allowed to run an M.Ed without the proof of a PGDE?

Bottom line: Can I run an M.Ed without a PGDE? Please urgent response needed from anyone 'cos deadline is around the corner .
dayjahvoo:

i'm assuming the "upper" being referred to is from a polytechnic? but if it is not, then you need to visit the SC.

scarr:

you seem so sure bro

honourableseyi:

You were denied because of the different field. However, to know the best thing to do, visit any study centre that is close to you and make inquiry from the counsellor. As for me, I will say you can't without first of all do the PGD, it is not about the grade but the correlation between your degree and your intending course
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2015
lionphil:

Chairman you seem to know much...I studied a social science course and I am yet to collect my certificate for a PGDE course in social studies that I just concluded. Will I be allowed to run an M.Ed without the proof of a PGDE?

Bottom line: Can I run an M.Ed without a PGDE? Please urgent response needed from anyone 'cos deadline is around the corner.
Wen is d APPLICATION Deadline
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nuelzy: 9:14am On Jul 04, 2015
pls in d name of God...help me!!!.
......the journey has never been this confusing...ok straight to d point....i paid for the form,applied and got the provisional admission...i went for clearance and dat was were the confusion set in... i was screened and given my matric number..
i was also given three same complex forms to fill....dunno if d counsellor didnt xplain well or its just me dat didnt understand

she said i should fill the three forms...put dem in the three different files dat i bought there...attach passport and other credentials...pls what r d credentials??...my photocopied statement of result??...

Ehe!...they told me to pay #70k into dia named banks...bt a relation of mine studying at a Sc in anoda state said dat u pay only the compulsory fees in d bank and den register ur courses at ur SC...and plus he said sometin about opening one account like dat...

pls can someone explain further for me...what is d amount for compulsory payment and hw do i open d said account..and hw many courses should i register...?? am terribly confused nw...pls someone should help me brk down d steps and possible advice...my SC is in Anambra
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 9:23am On Jul 04, 2015
JIBOSKI437:
Wen is d APPLICATION Deadline

I thought it was this July but it might be August... The terms on their website confuses me. embarassed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 9:50am On Jul 04, 2015
scarr:

you seem so sure bro

Can you please read the Information again? When has Bsc becomes HND for God's sake? So, you are saying you and your friend have HND? That is why I have stopped commenting here but follow the thread silently because of people like you. Please kindly tell the whole house the University in Nigeria that will accept your HND for MBA without PGD. When you know nothing or can't digest Information properly, stop quoting or commenting on it. Don't be too anxious to condemn or answer a question when you know you don't have any clue about it in the subject matter so that you will not mislead people here. Shalom
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 9:56am On Jul 04, 2015
scarr:

you seem so sure bro

Bros HND and B.Sc no be the same for Naija...no dey compare them, that guy needs to run a PGD.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2015
lionphil:

Bros HND and B.Sc no be the same for Naija...no dey compare them, that guy needs to run a PGD.

Please help me explain to him in a language he will understand.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 10:15am On Jul 04, 2015
scarr:

you seem so sure bro

Meanwhile, if you are talking about this,
Yesorno
please urgent response.
I have a second class upper degree in industrial chemistry, and intended to do an MBA. However I was denied online admission that I was not qualified for an MBA. can't I do MBA with out PGD since I have upper degree even though its in the sciences?

He or she had B.sc in Industrial Chemistry. Do you know the meaning of Industrial Chemistry? How can you be comparing Bsc Economics/Accounting with Bsc Industrial Chemistry? What is the correlation between Industrial Chemistry and MBA without PGD? It seems you just join this platform last week. This is a platform where we can rob mind and share ideas to form a common goal which is a successful academic outing and not where you can just condemn or shut down someone for having different opinion from yours and for not justifiable cause thinking that you know it all. Shalom
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 10:27am On Jul 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

Meanwhile, if you are talking about this,
Yesorno
please urgent response.
I have a second class upper degree in industrial chemistry, and intended to do an MBA. However I was denied online admission that I was not qualified for an MBA. can't I do MBA with out PGD since I have upper degree even though its in the sciences?

He or she had B.sc in Industrial Chemistry. Do you know the meaning of Industrial Chemistry? How can you be comparing Bsc Economics/Accounting with Bsc Industrial Chemistry? What is the correlation of Industrial Chemistry with MBA without PGD? It seems you just join this platform last week. This is a platform where we can rob mind and share ideas to form a common goal which is a successful academic outing and not where you can just condemn or shut down someone for having different opinion from yours and for not justifiable cause thinking that you know it all. Shalom

Bro, do I need to pay money before I will be able to know if I can be granted admission? Or is there a way of checking for free?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 10:35am On Jul 04, 2015
lionphil:

Bro, do I need to pay money before I will be able to know if I can be granted admission? Or is there a way of checking for free?

You don't need to pay any money except the 5K for application pin. Meanwhile, if you have completed O'level result, your admission is 110% sure. Just get the pin from the designated bank, fill your form online and awaits your admission letter in your portal.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kendrick0000: 10:42am On Jul 04, 2015
I'm a 400L student. Pls i need help on the following questions.
(1) I want to knw wether noun conducts any screening excercise for Final Year students.
(2) When would Project activities start (i.e being attached to a Project Supervisor, Project topic)...is it in the 1st or the 2nd Semester of 400L?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

You don't need to pay any money except the 5K for application pin. Meanwhile, if you have completed O'level result, your admission is 110% sure. Just get the pin from the designated bank, fill your form online and awaits your admission letter in your portal.

Can I get admission for an M.Ed Admin and planning, with my PGDE in social studies in view?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2015
lionphil:

Can I get admission for an M.Ed Admin and planning, with my PGDE in social studies in view?

If it is in view, IMO I don't think so. But there are peculiar cases which the study center counselor can do justice to. Which means, visit any nearest study center to see the counselor, he or she will have more knowledge and answers to this. Shalom
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:12am On Jul 04, 2015
Pls can somebody list Abuja study centers for me. NOUN is not listing its study centers on its website.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 11:18am On Jul 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

If it is in view, IMO I don't think so. But there are peculiar cases which the study center counselor can do justice to. Which means, visit any nearest study center to see the counselor, he or she will have more knowledge and answers to this. Shalom

Thanks a lot!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 11:51am On Jul 04, 2015
lionphil:

Thanks a lot!

You are welcome bro. The reason why I said "I don't think so if it is in view" is that, during screening, you will have to present your original documents and certificates or atleast, statement of results.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by epidi(m): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
Does National Open University offers English Language at masters level
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

How soon will the screening come up? I studied my PGDE in NTI...there certificate will reflect NOUN. I will need to visit their study centre, I guess it will help a lot. I've seen my second first semester result, the second semester result will be out by August or September. I kinda feel I stand a chance but I don't want to risk losing money.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
epidi:

I doubt it sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
nuelzy:
pls in d name of God...help me!!!.
......the journey has never been this confusing...ok straight to d point....i paid for the form,applied and got the provisional admission...i went for clearance and dat was were the confusion set in... i was screened and given my matric number..
i was also given three same complex forms to fill....dunno if d counsellor didnt xplain well or its just me dat didnt understand

she said i should fill the three forms...put dem in the three different files dat i bought there...attach passport and other credentials...pls what r d credentials??...my photocopied statement of result??...

Ehe!...they told me to pay #70k into dia named banks...bt a relation of mine studying at a Sc in anoda state said dat u pay only the compulsory fees in d bank and den register ur courses at ur SC...and plus he said sometin about opening one account like dat...

pls can someone explain further for me...what is d amount for compulsory payment and hw do i open d said account..and hw many courses should i register...?? am terribly confused nw...pls someone should help me brk down d steps and possible advice...my SC is in Anambra
There is nothing confusing here. It's your that your said relation that is confusing you. You total few is actually around that 70k (because it depends on department) which has included the compulsory fee, course and exam registration. So you so not pay only compulsory fee. You must pay course and exam registration as well else you forfeit that compulsory fee, hence that semester.
And for the said account, it is not a bank account (Lil) but student portal. That is where you will register your courses and exam and other student related matters. Since you have been given matrix number, log in with it (nou.edu.ng) and you will see your portal.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by adeshown: 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
Shegman22:
yes, u are right. Ibadan center
DAT money is for Tshirt and Catalogue
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lionphil(m): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
epidi:

Yes sir they do oh! Sorry for the earlier wrong info

They have it under their arts and social science faculty.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nuelzy: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
Kazrem:

There is nothing confusing here. It's your that your said relation that is confusing you. You total few is actually around that 70k (because it depends on department) which has included the compulsory fee, course and exam registration. So you so not pay only compulsory fee. You must pay course and exam registration as well else you forfeit that compulsory fee, hence that semester.
And for the said account, it is not a bank account (Lil) but student portal. That is where you will register your courses and exam and other student related matters. Since you have been given matrix number, log in with it (nou.edu.ng) and you will see your portal.
my confusion is...will i pay d whole money in d bank or do i pay only d compulsory fees...and den pay for course registration at my sc
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
nuelzy:
my confusion is...will i pay d whole money in d bank or do i pay only d compulsory fees...and den pay for course registration at my sc

You will pay everything into the bank while the bank will credit your portal with the amount paid.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nuelzy: 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

You will pay everything into the bank while the bank will credit your portal with the amount paid.
ok...so bt den do i have to register my courses through my portal before paying d money in d bank??

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.