Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3475862 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 3:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
does anyone have past questions for CIT756 (operations research)?
Please help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SQLmastar(m): 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

It's transparent that the matriculation will hold on the 20th of February,as seen on the school website.

Course registration may close on the 12th of feb and will later be reopened.But it will attract a fine for late course registration.
is it compulsory to register all courses at once, both semesters?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Any DE computer sci students here
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobleden: 4:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
can i defer my Msc. infotech admission to july because of a tight schedule
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nobleden:
can i defer my Msc. infotech admission to july because of a tight schedule

You can defer it to anytime you like
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ebiye55(m): 5:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
maekhel:
Any DE computer sci students here

DE Communication technology here!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ebiye55(m): 5:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Is there any way I can meet my fellow course mates, or is it till exam period?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
SQLmastar:
is it compulsory to register all courses at once, both semesters?

If you don't want to spend 6 years on a 4 year programme,it is necessary you register all the courses tagged "C"(compulsory) in your portal every semester. The courses tagged "E" (elective) are optional.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SQLmastar(m): 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

If you don't want to spend 6 years on a 4 year programme,it is necessary you register all the courses tagged "C"(compulsory) in your portal every semester. The courses tagged "E" (elective) are optional.
thankz. But Wat I mean : must One register both 1st & 2nd semester courses all at once ? Ie can one register courses during 2nd semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hollayemy89: 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=Dikolas post=42732145]
CAN SOMEONE ELSE VERIFY THIS FOR US?
Thanks
[/quote
The closing date is not genuine, a week or more will still be added but the matriculation fate remains as slated...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by naaimah: 6:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

One can do only the compulsory courses without ever doing the electives?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
naaimah:

Sure.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
SQLmastar:
thankz. But Wat I mean : must One register both 1st & 2nd semester courses all at once ? Ie can one register courses during 2nd semester

Yes
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 7:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
ebiye55:
Is there any way I can meet my fellow course mates, or is it till exam period?

On NOUN iLEARN, you can locate fellow course-mates, other students within your Study Centre and all your facilitators. NOUN is an Open & Distance Learning University; implying that physical interaction between fellow students and facilitators is limited. If a student must get the required network, avenues that go beyond physical interaction must be available. And this is one of the benefits of NOUN iLEARN.

To boot, you can as well join a study group with your cohorts at your SC or better still, relate with your course-mates on this infamous internet forum (Nairaland).

Regards!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Goodevening to this honourable house, i greet tola9ja, MimiHANS and many others. please i will like to find out if after registering 12courses =24units can someone add 3 more courses during exam registration? total registered courses will be 12 but total registered courses for exam will be 15. is it possible ? i anticipate your prompt reply.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maekhel(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
ebiye55:

DE Communication technology here!
Good
Am a new student and am somehow confused about the 100l GST courses.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
ev4real:
Goodevening to this honourable house, i greet tola9ja, MimiHANS and many others. please i will like to find out if after registering 12courses =24units can someone add 3 more courses during exam registration? total registered courses will be 12 but total registered courses for exam will be 15. is it possible ? i anticipate your prompt reply.
Sir,NOUN placed the same limit on exam registration as d same as course registration. I mean u cannot register pass the 24unit cap for both exam and course registration.
It is not about the number of courses, it is about the number of unit

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
SQLmastar:
Sir,I will advice that u first focus on registering 1st semester C(compulsory) courses and if after that u haven't hit the 24unit max cap,then u can go for courses in 2nd semester.
Pls note that some department like mine makes it mandatory for us to register at least one E(elective) course per semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hollayemy89: 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
hiswords7:

Sir,NOUN placed the same limit on exam registration as d same as course registration. I mean u cannot register pass the 24unit cap for both exam and course registration.
Hisword7 has said it all...

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bastien: 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
Kazrem:

OK thanks
please how can i pay my fee......the cashier said i should go n get my reference num

thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
Good day guys.
I am communication Technology student, have registered for 19units course and Examination, am I free for the first semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
bastien:
please how can i pay my fee......the cashier said i should go n get my reference num

thanks
Just login in to students portal u we see pay with Remita click it and follow the instructions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by biuti(f): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
naaimah:
Don't try it if you want to graduate. There are numbers of electives you must do before you graduate depending on your department.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by biuti(f): 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Teddyg2:
Good day guys.
I am communication Technology student, have registered for 19units course and Examination, am I free for the first semester?
You are free financially, it remains your TMAs and Exams.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by biuti(f): 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
SQLmastar:
The normal protocol is to register 1st semester courses during 1st semester and 2nd semester courses during 2nd semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by biuti(f): 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
ev4real:
You cannot register for exam of courses you didn't register but if you have registered for these 3 courses you are talking about in the previous semester, be sure that they have automatically added them to this semester courses, so you won't be able to register up to 24units again. This change started this semester.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by blessedqueen(f): 12:36am On Feb 09, 2016
Good morning all, pls is Tma out?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 1:40am On Feb 09, 2016
hiswords7:

thanks. i will just register 10 courses while during exam registration i will add 2 courses to make it up to 24units.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 1:44am On Feb 09, 2016
hiswords7:

thanks sir.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ev4real(m): 1:47am On Feb 09, 2016
biuti:
You cannot register for exam of courses you didn't register but if you have registered for these 3 courses you are talking about in the previous semester, be sure that they have automatically added them to this semester courses, so you won't be able to register up to 24units again. This change started this semester.
thanks alot. i will just register 10 courses while during exam registration i will add 2 courses to make it up to 24units.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 6:07am On Feb 09, 2016
blessedqueen:
Was told its out
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afuye(m): 6:26am On Feb 09, 2016
not out for now
Obinoscopy:
Was told its out
blessedqueen:

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.