Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria (22099 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts? / Why Is Gtbank Naira Mastercard Not Working On Facebook & Google Advertisement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by episode77: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
GTB use to be great but I'm not comfortable anymore, when you go to any GTB branch nation wide with complains of internet banking transaction or any issue concerning internet banking they would give you a number they call GT connect and ask you to call the number to lodge your complain I think this is not cool. I did a wire transfer from GT Mobile banking to an Access Bank account I was debited but the access bank receiver claimed he did not receive the fund. Its 2weeks now each time I go to Gt to complain they say call gtconnect I done that severally and I either am not able to speak to any one or the answering machine takes the call. This is not cool I think GT Bank is loosing it.

4 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
GTbank is horrible in terms of customer service,I've been trying to open an account with them for the past 3years,its either they don't send me a text to confirm acct activation,or their customer service won't attend to me,or they answer rudely,or act as if a goat is standing in front of em (U̶̲̥̅̊ wan try how many times I don blast em?) Anyways,I'm using FCMB ,Later got to open First bank;I never had any reason to look back.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
i bank with first bank and i think they are great,good brach network,good customer service.but the negative for me is that first bank is always crowded at all times of the day i guess they probably have the largest customer base.i have done a lot of transactions at gtb they used to be cool but a lot of their staff now act rude.

2 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by redsquare(m): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
GTB is living in their past glory. Abeg that bank is over hyped. They used to be customer service oriented, timely and professional but not now. All banks have their good and bad side too. I have had a wow experience in branches of Wema and Union banks, and I have also met some very rude and arrogant GTB staff too.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Davico(m): 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
I like Zenith
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by packman: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sicozone: ,.

[size=20pt]MAKE I BUY YOUR SPACE NOW[/size]
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by mencade5(m): 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
all i can say is this...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*555*421543464547#
please recharge and enjoy
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by kingschild123(m): 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
A friend of mine told me this is a scam just decided to share this so that people will be cautious see the message below.

Dear Valued customer,

GUARANTY TRUST BANK CUSTOMER DATA UPDATE EXERCISE 
As part of our continuous efforts towards providing you with excellent customer service and ensuring efficiency in
 transaction processing, we request that you kindly update your records with the Bank by going to  https://ebank.gtbank.com/ibank3/update/login.aspx
This update will help us to prevent  any unauthorized or illegal use of our customers identity and to confirm that you are
  truly the owner of the account you are operating. Failure to update your account now will lead to termination of your account  and  internet banking services for security reasons. click here now  for the update.

If this message is in your spam folder kindly move the mail to your inbox to enable you click on the account update link.                        .

GTBank is committed to protect the identity of it's internet banking users.
 Help us to serve you better. It's all about your security. 
 Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank Plc. 

© 2013 Guaranty Trust Bank.

NOTE : THIS UPDATE MUST BE DONE IMMEDIATELY OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DISABLED
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Bolurx(m): 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
yuzedo: op bro my bank is nut registre in nigeiran. but i can hold ur mony for u. i dobble d mony. drop N1millions naira and take N2millions naira in seven (9) days. plis pm me now, is call banana iceland bank. good sweet and big

boobsie lady are customer care wink (stricktly no former ashawo plis) undecided

i promiss to make u milonnaire smiley (if u were bilonaire before) angry a try will convuse u. tenk.

What rubbish is this one saying now.....mtchewwwwww
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Evanify22: 5:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
are u sure u are not a firstbank staff?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
jarkbauer:

i should commend them by taking more of my time abi? what are you saying!! i should not spend a whole day cause i want cash out money!

You are complaining because of queue, then try Diamond bank and you will never complain again.

In my area, GTBank is the fastest in term of making deposit and cash withdrawal.
FastTrack now make everything faster.

If you're depositing into your account, use Fast track.

GTBank is the best in Nigeria. Take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by DeZoro(m): 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
To me, Gt Bank is not the best bank to bank with... I think i would recommend Diamond bank if you are a business man especially Small and Medium businesses. GTB are just there to 'wack' and 'yank' your money... be wise
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
If any customer service is rude to you just make a little noise in there, definitely the manager will come down then complain to him and the issue will be resolved.

Learn how to attract the branch manager's attention. The doesn't mean you should disturb others.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by onegig(m): 5:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
Interbank transfer from Gtb internet banking platform on regular accounts to other banks is not real time and immediate and on top that they deduct cot on each transaction after you have paid 3k for token while UBA does the transfer instantly with same charges as Gtb without the purchase of any token. So tell me does that make Gtb better?

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Eyop: 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
You should complain about the delays via internet banking and NOT the token because the token is a security device.
onegig: Interbank transfer from Gtb internet banking platform on regular accounts to other banks is not real time and immediate and on top that they deduct cot on each transaction after you have paid 3k for token while UBA does the transfer instantly with same charges as Gtb without the purchase of any token. So tell me does that make Gtb better?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by mcnumec: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
In a bank where every staff is working under pressure, how can thet be the best? Most of these staff are even contract staff, Auxillary staff and all manner of staffing system. The may be@good in customer realationship cos i was there b4.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by judedwriter(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
mencade5: all i can say is this...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
*555*421543464547#
please recharge and enjoy
ordinary hundred naira credit when ur mates dey dash their babes 2k credit wink
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Stevosty: 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
The "wise men bank" remains the best compare to gt, mobile banking, customer service, internet banking, atm machine and cards, branches every.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
GTB is not in anyway among the best banks in Nigeria.

I have had dealings with Intercontinental Bank, they used to be good up north, but down south, they were just another hag until they metamorphosed into Access. That Bank is crappy.

I moved on to GTB because of the hype in 2008. It was cool then. Good courteous staff with great CRS and prompt services. But after Fola passed on, the Bank passed on with him. May his soul rest in peace. Amen. I walked into a GTB to do some funds transfer while I was in transit, and the teller/cashier was like I should go home and set up my internet service to do internet banking, for chrissakes, WTF? I should leave the bank and go hme first before I can transfer funds. Haba! Ja ma ha!!!

I then moved on to FBN in 2010, and noticed that the bank has changed so much since 1998 when I opened my first account with the bank. Services were great and off the hook. No matter the crowds at the ATMs or inside the bank, you still got served and served well. They were the first to make mobile banking a pocket thing. They simplified internet banking without a token and made money transfer as cheap and easy as buying groundnuts at the street corners. No matter the size of their customer base, the staff are always courteous and helpful. FBN made me loved using bank services all over again...

At fidelity, the bankers were okay. Services weren't that bad either. But, technology wise, they were still in the 1960s. Do you believe that even as at now, the bank is yet to have a good mobile money service? Its just undiscernible in these times and age.

At Stanbic IBTC, they lean towards better corporate services than personal/individual banking. They have good well trained, courteous staff all over the country. But are still lacking in mobile banking services.

#My battery is running low. I'll continue after recharging the batteries#

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by t4dec(f): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
jarkbauer: i should commend them by taking more of my time abi? what are you saying!! i should not spend a whole day cause i want cash out money!

Yes dey consume our tym. But dont u tink if dey aren't gud enuf,many pipul wudav withdrawn?
Dey are tryin,dats y lots of pips trup in to bank wit dem.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by eluquenson(m): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
cant be the best but one of the best bank in Nigeria undecided
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by datola: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
GTBank used to be 'very best' before the current MD, Agbaje took over. Staff now work under pressure unlike before and this has largely affected customer service.

I can's still however see any bank taking over from them yet.

The brand is still the strongest and that explians unwavering customer loyalty as evidensed by crowd at all their branches.

They need to go back to good old days. Everything is not all about declaring huge quarterly/yearly profits at the expensive of staff/customer satidafction.

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by t4dec(f): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
DeZoro: To me, Gt Bank is not the best bank to bank with... I think i would recommend Diamond bank if you are a business man especially Small and Medium businesses. GTB are just there to 'wack' and 'yank' your money... be wise

Lie lie. All banks av dia bad sides as we individuals do. So dnt strt. I've used diamond nd cos i dnt lik dia customer rapport i switched
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by NFSBob(m): 6:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Localamos: If you want a less crowded banking hall, then try FCMB.
If you want a bank with Good branch network, then you might go to first bank.
If your choice is customer service, you can go to fidelity.

My experience with Unity bank is that they don't have a great ambiance, But their service delivery is pretty Good.
Amongst all the point u made above, I can vouch 100% for Fidelity, I havnt spent up to 20mins b4 in a Fidelity Bank branch. Also, their atm service too is impressive.
Access bank and UBA have the highest number of ATMs. You could choose either of them if you are particular about reliability of ATM services.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by stepone(m): 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
jarkbauer:

i should commend them by taking more of my time abi? what are you saying!! i should not spend a whole day cause i want cash out money!

pls come to my private bank. no delay, good service and not far from u. its in my house. i sure u will love it.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Wisdomkosi(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
I use uba bank and i enjoy their service. I went there to withdraw money today without my ATM card and they didn't waste my time. I only withdrew 1000 naira but if it is other banks, they won't let you withdraw such amount without your atm card. I rest my case
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by coesheya(m): 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
The Best Bank dat provides d best protection of customers interest and customer service delivery is UNION BANK. They hav tremendously improved

2 Likes

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
excell12go: I do not believe GTBank is the best bank in the country. The reason is simple; they have a very poor customer service.
I strongly recommend First Bank.
How many of their branch have you visit?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by odiyaka(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
Most people u see on Gtbank ATM queue are other bank customers. Alternative channels like internet banking and other e-channells goes a long way. Its only this part of the world some body will travel to the bank just for account balance when u can check it using electronic means(it seems u re one of them)
Thus making the bank crowdy. E channels pays. Gtbank has one the best electronic means of banking.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by niggi4life(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
yuzedo: op bro my bank is nut registre in nigeiran. but i can hold ur mony for u. i dobble d mony. drop N1millions naira and take N2millions naira in seven (9) days. plis pm me now, is call banana iceland bank. good sweet and big boobsie lady are customer care wink (stricktly no former ashawo plis) undecided

i promiss to make u milonnaire smiley (if u were bilonaire before) angry a try will convuse u. tenk.
hahahahahahahahahahaha, am crying grin grin
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by adusco(m): 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
Haba!are you driving to london?
30min keh!
Having bramches all around is determined by location,nos of customers and industries,companies and organization.
Dnt xpect dem to open anoda branch wen all d above dterminants are nt available in ur area.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by seangy4konji: 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
na first bank all the way ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Recover A Debt From My Pastor? / Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.