Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria (22106 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts? / Why Is Gtbank Naira Mastercard Not Working On Facebook & Google Advertisement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by vtv005: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
-ad in the wrong section. user banned-
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by vtv005: 7:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
-ad in the wrong section. user banned-
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by ROCKJ1(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
Banks differ from location to location... in abuja, Gtbank has annoying crowd, u will stand in a long queue for hours. a trial will change your mind. GTBank is not the best in Nigeria. First bank is number 1.

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by positive4sure(m): 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]I prefer "ZENITH BANK" to all other banks.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by adusco(m): 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
Flyboy Zee: GTB is not in anyway among the best banks in Nigeria.

I have had dealings with Intercontinental Bank, they used to be good up north, but down south, they were just another hag until they metamorphosed into Access. That Bank is crappy.

I moved on to GTB because of the hype in 2008. It was cool then. Good courteous staff with great CRS and prompt services. But after Fola passed on, the Bank passed on with him. May his soul rest in peace. Amen. I walked into a GTB to do some funds transfer while I was in transit, and the teller/cashier was like I should go home and set up my internet service to do internet banking, for chrissakes, WTF? I should leave the bank and go hme first before I can transfer funds. Haba! Ja ma ha!!!

I then moved on to FBN in 2010, and noticed that the bank has changed so much since 1998 when I opened my first account with the bank. Services were great and off the hook. No matter the crowds at the ATMs or inside the bank, you still got served and served well. They were the first to make mobile banking a pocket thing. They simplified internet banking without a token and made money transfer as cheap and easy as buying groundnuts at the street corners. No matter the size of their customer base, the staff are always courteous and helpful. FBN made me loved using bank services all over again...

At fidelity, the bankers were okay. Services weren't that bad either. But, technology wise, they were still in the 1960s. Do you believe that even as at now, the bank is yet to have a good mobile money service? Its just undiscernible in these times and age.

At Stanbic IBTC, they lean towards better corporate services than personal/individual banking. They have good well trained, courteous staff all over the country. But are still lacking in mobile banking services.

#My battery is running low. I'll continue after recharging the batteries#
ooohhh, so FOLA use to visit all d Gtbanks wen he was alive.
V bn using gtb and i can categorically tell dt nothing has changed.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Aarenaija: 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
They were my best bank till last year when the began to deduct my money anyhow.
God hepl you you do a transaction up to million in a month, be sure a 10,000 naira
can go from your acct. for that month.

Largely they are only basking in their old glory.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by xtripple: 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
Gtb bank simply the best...my best bank in all ramification
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by onegig(m): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
Eyop: You should complain about the delays via internet banking and NOT the token because the token is a security device.
I know its a security device. Two security i understand. But the way they kept harping on the purchase as if it was a one time payment to cover the cost of subsequent transfer transactions. Anyway am more concerned about the speed.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by datola: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
Fola did not pass on to anywhere o. He's still alive. It's Uncle Tayo that has transited- a fine gentle man. He really tried. The current MD I heard is a bully.

Flyboy Zee: GTB is not in anyway among the best banks in Nigeria.

I have had dealings with Intercontinental Bank, they used to be good up north, but down south, they were just another hag until they metamorphosed into Access. That Bank is crappy.

I moved on to GTB because of the hype in 2008. It was cool then. Good courteous staff with great CRS and prompt services. But after Fola passed on, the Bank passed on with him. May his soul rest in peace. Amen. I walked into a GTB to do some funds transfer while I was in transit, and the teller/cashier was like I should go home and set up my internet service to do internet banking, for chrissakes, WTF? I should leave the bank and go hme first before I can transfer funds. Haba! Ja ma ha!!!

I then moved on to FBN in 2010, and noticed that the bank has changed so much since 1998 when I opened my first account with the bank. Services were great and off the hook. No matter the crowds at the ATMs or inside the bank, you still got served and served well. They were the first to make mobile banking a pocket thing. They simplified internet banking without a token and made money transfer as cheap and easy as buying groundnuts at the street corners. No matter the size of their customer base, the staff are always courteous and helpful. FBN made me loved using bank services all over again...

At fidelity, the bankers were okay. Services weren't that bad either. But, technology wise, they were still in the 1960s. Do you believe that even as at now, the bank is yet to have a good mobile money service? Its just undiscernible in these times and age.

At Stanbic IBTC, they lean towards better corporate services than personal/individual banking. They have good well trained, courteous staff all over the country. But are still lacking in mobile banking services.

#My battery is running low. I'll continue after recharging the batteries#
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by xtripple: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
Aarenaija: They were my best bank till last year when the began to deduct my money anyhow.
God hepl you you do a transaction up to million in a month, be sure a 10,000 naira

that should be current account, u can transfer ur money to saving acct to avoid charges
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by mencade5(m): 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
jude d writer: ordinary hundred naira credit when ur mates dey dash their babes 2k credit wink
hahahah....jude the 10,000 credit enter, abi?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Eyop: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
what type of transaction will you do that they will charge you #10,000. For #1million transaction be rest assured that the COT will be between #3000 to #3,200. Atimes the way you guys do paint situations black without any form of consideration makes me wonder.
Aarenaija: They were my best bank till last year when the began to deduct my money anyhow.

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by danot1030: 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
jarkbauer:

i should commend them by taking more of my time abi? what are you saying!! i should not spend a whole day cause i want cash out money!
no need 4 quarel if u are bore wit their servic find another less crowded bank.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by soku2(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Localamos: If you want a less crowded banking hall, then try FCMB.
If you want a bank with Good branch network, then you might go to first bank.
If your choice is customer service, you can go to fidelity.

My experience with Unity bank is that they don't have a great ambiance, But their service delivery is pretty Good.
Access bank and UBA have the highest number of ATMs. You could choose either of them if you are particular about reliability of ATM services.
it true talk

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Edywalex: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
jarkbauer: I have been using Gtbank since 2006 Yes I love their building and their choice of colour.I guess I am sentimentally attached to them without any good reason. You are bound to meet long queue at the ATM, inside the banking hall is always crowded blessed be you if the A/C is not working and if I miss a Gtbank to see another one you will have to drive for almost 30mins. Because of the crowdnow they have bad costumer service Honestly I'm really getting tired of them. I think I need another bank.
come join d most respected bank in Africa that is Acess bank.There services is d most outstanding.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Promhize: In a city where everyone is blind, a one-eyed man is king.

Well tho that seems too harsh, but I must commend them cos they did a good job in getting all those customers, they made other banks to sit-up, lazy banks like skye, but if there is one bank I'd never use it would be UBA and skye.

Skye bank used to have the worst ATM service, you account would be debited but ATM won't dispense. Then if GTB's ATM doesn't work and there's only Skye around, I wait till the next day.

UBA staff carry students money no be small.
Did you graduate from FUT Akure Bro? UBA stole/embezzled our money no be small. I use two accounts now, GTB and Ecobank. I think GTB is doing well.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
excell12go: I do not believe GTBank is the best bank in the country. The reason is simple; they have a very poor customer service.
I strongly recommend First Bank.

Me tooo...First bank all the way,I do not believe in Gtb bank because they have very poor customers service and their staffs are always rude
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
purpinkx: I don't think they are the best . the cashiers rarely start conversations with you, they always look serious. Might be they're under pressure or they don't like the job . I can't rate them as the best
so if cashiers no start conversation na im be say they don f-up, lol..... team GTB JOOR, BEST BANK IN TOWN
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Adeone: 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
GT bank used to be one of the best banks in Nigeria until recently when they became crap.I have been banking with them until 3 years ago when I started loosing my money under fraudulent and suspicious circumstances.All my complaints fell on deaf and they couldn't care less.I moved to First bank and that was it.GT is craaaaaap.Very soon i will publish various ways I lost money in GT.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by nancybby(f): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
yes gtbank its one d best bank 4 nw....their services is moderate an fast...
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Elsafema: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
What about wema bank i think they are good.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Mubby4luv(m): 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
yuzedo: op bro my bank is nut registre in nigeiran. but i can hold ur mony for u. i dobble d mony. drop N1millions naira and take N2millions naira in seven (9) days. plis pm me now, is call banana iceland bank. good sweet and big boobsie lady are customer care wink (stricktly no former ashawo plis) undecided

i promiss to make u milonnaire smiley (if u were bilonaire before) angry a try will convuse u. tenk.

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by GentleMimi: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2013
Yeah,i think so.I'm also banking wif Diamond bank,and i can boldly say i'm tempted to close my acct wif Diamond.Those guys no gree give me my retracred money oooo! But GTB has always been satisfactory,that's if u ignore the long qeue at the ATM.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by yetseyi(f): 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
GTB Gtconnect is very nice. Those call center agents@ GTconnect are good @ what they do. And I visited alaba international branch 2weeks ago and It wz a WOW experience. But some of those customer care personell in some of their branches can frustrate u. But apart from queues @ ATMs nd some rude staff Its a good bank
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by yetseyi(f): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
one more thing . I love GTBank architectural designs, very very nice. Each branch has a unique design.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
zenith is it for me. the only account i have with gt is a domiciliary type. So i only use the foreign till and spend less than 5minutes inside. It takes about 15 minutes to get into the bank though, i always pity the customers on long queues in the bank. That gtb na ojuwoye market.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Eyop: 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
How is it possible to own only a domiciliary account with GTbank without opening up a personal account or corporate account?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by lazyboy94(m): 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
jarkbauer:

i should commend them by taking more of my time abi? what are you saying!! i should not spend a whole day cause i want cash out money!
I think say u one talk better thing sef so na queue or time spent be pointer to which one be good bank...joor o
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
Eyop: How is it possible to own only a domiciliary account with GTbank without opening up a personal account or corporate account?
It's possible. All i did was visit their magodo branch. i was given a form with two reference sheet. The customer service lady asked if i wanted a personal account to go with it and a US dollar debit card for the domiciliary account. i politely declined. My 2 referees received calls from gtb within a week and i was sent an email somedays after that i can now use my account. i use same to pay for services in canada via bank draft.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by gtswt(f): 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
Gtbank Gtbank Gtbank....whats so good about them?
I have a firstbank account which i opened long before Gtbank but abandoned it cos i felt the were old generation in their service delivery but ask me what i think now?

Gtbank staffs in the 2 branches in Warri are so so rude.

I went to register for internet banking just last week and u will not believe how i was treated. I stood in front of the guy, greeted him, was still standing trying to get his attention...he non even do as if say na person stand him front until i had to shout a little.

Guess what? Up till dis moment i still cannot log in to the internet banking platform. I was made to call Gt-Connect, where they were just transferring me from one operator onto another.

Firstbank rocks now!!!
I am so satisfied with them.....(the case of the rejected being the chief corner stone)
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by guiddoti: 11:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
GTBank will always be on my mind anytime, everything about them is efficient.
Every bank has their lapses. There is no bank where you can get 100% performance. If we should go by rudeness, first bank is on my mind. The worst of them is UBA
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
yuzedo: op bro my bank is nut registre in nigeiran. but i can hold ur mony for u. i dobble d mony. drop N1millions naira and take N2millions naira in seven (9) days. plis pm me now, is call banana iceland bank. good sweet and big boobsie lady are customer care wink (stricktly no former ashawo plis) undecided

i promiss to make u milonnaire smiley (if u were bilonaire before) angry a try will convuse u. tenk.

I tink I'm beginning to notice you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Recover A Debt From My Pastor? / Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.