Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria (22098 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts? / Why Is Gtbank Naira Mastercard Not Working On Facebook & Google Advertisement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Konmight:
Did you graduate from FUT Akure Bro? UBA stole/embezzled our money no be small. I use two accounts now, GTB and Ecobank. I think GTB is doing well.

No OAU, they are the same there. GTB is truly doing well
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by haizeek(m): 11:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
wellmax: I seriously don't think so.
If you are just a regular account holder, maybe you will enjoy GTB, but if you are like me, I deal with more than 6 banks, managing more than 17 accounts in all. I can categorically tell you that GTB is the most frustrating. No matter your volume they won't give you concessions when necessary, they are too rigid with policies. I had to pass much of the transactions of the companies I monitor thru other banks.

you said all this without saying the one which you think is the best?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
lazyboy94: I think say u one talk better thing sef so na queue or TIME spent be pointer to which one be good bank...joor o
"Money is not the prime asset in life , time is ."....... Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010)
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by angelseddy(f): 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
That Akingbola guy messed up big time. Intercontinental bank was everythging ull need in a bank. I will give diamond bank kudos too. 1st bank is a good one but old age dey worry them most times but with them I feel my cash is safe. Keystone is lost and should just change strategy. Gtb I've heard is really good but their ATM spots are always crowded, the hall too but the workers manage to keep up a polite appearance.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Eyop: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2013
My brother i never knew that it is possible to open up a dormicilary account with GTb without opening up any other Naira account. I have a corporate account with Zenith bank and the reason why am going to GTB is because of their Dollar account for my international transactions and nothing more but i got their corporate account opening form together with the Dormicilary account opening form to enable me setup that.
saxywale:
"Money is not the prime asset in life , time is ."....... Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010)
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by balogunsam(m): 12:50am On Nov 19, 2013
First, i love GTB but I'm moving. I am a young entrepreneur and i strolled into a gtb branch we av been using for over six years to ask if we can get an overdraft or loan or a form of service to enable us have 1.5m to attend to an urgent need. The account officer told me NO. He said gtn only issues a minimum of 10 million naira to corporate account holders and anything short is a NO. He then went ahead to explain how they are working on a way to be more helpful to their small corporate account holders... By small i mean having a monthly transaction of over 4m ooo. I asked what services they have for SME and he said their own SME must be grossing around 50million!!i went to uba, first bank and especially diamond bank and i can say if we had kept our account at either of those three most especially diamond in the last five years, the bank would have helped our business grow beyond this point.
So GTB is a good bank but i believe they have accrued so much wealth and client base that they don't care anymore about you if ur not with a strong capital base... IMO....
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by yinka2011: 1:10am On Nov 19, 2013
try [size=16pt]UNITY BANK [/size]....you will wonder why did'nt you go here first

no long lines.
friendly people.
get the job done faster.
stay united.

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by yinka2011: 1:11am On Nov 19, 2013
balogunsam: First, i love GTB but I'm moving. I am a young entrepreneur and i strolled into a gtb branch we av been using for over six years to ask if we can get an overdraft or loan or a form of service to enable us have 1.5m to attend to an urgent need. The account officer told me NO. He said gtn only issues a minimum of 10 million naira to corporate account holders and anything short is a NO. He then went ahead to explain how they are working on a way to be more helpful to their small corporate account holders... By small i mean having a monthly transaction of over 4m ooo. I asked what services they have for SME and he said their own SME must be grossing around 50million!!i went to uba, first bank and especially diamond bank and i can say if we had kept our account at either of those three most especially diamond in the last five years, the bank would have helped our business grow beyond this point.
So GTB is a good bank but i believe they have accrued so much wealth and client base that they don't care anymore about you if ur not with a strong capital base... IMO....

if you are entrepreneur...try [size=16pt]DIAMOND BANK[/size].

But i say again try [size=20pt]UNITY BANK [/size]. Its the most smooth bank in terms of getting things done.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by yinka2011: 1:14am On Nov 19, 2013
[size=24pt]STAY UNITED..............with UNITY BANK[/size] shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 19, 2013
Something wonderful is happening at Mainstreet Bank. I bank with Mainstreet and the experience gets better everyday.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by alstacs(m): 6:22am On Nov 19, 2013
episode77: GTB use to be great but I'm not comfortable anymore, when you go to any GTB branch nation wide with complains of internet banking transaction or any issue concerning internet banking they would give you a number they call GT connect and ask you to call the number to lodge your complain I think this is not cool. I did a wire transfer from GT Mobile banking to an Access Bank account I was debited but the access bank receiver claimed he did not receive the fund. Its 2weeks now each time I go to Gt to complain they say call gtconnect I done that severally and I either am not able to speak to any one or the answering machine takes the call. This is not cool I think GT Bank is loosing it.

come join first bank. all I do is just to mail customer service and within the hour about two to three customer service agents will be pursuing you about with phone and within hours your problem will be solved without stepping into any banking hall. same for false ATM debits etc.....

1 Like

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 19, 2013
Promhize: In a city where everyone is blind, a one-eyed man is king.

Well tho that seems too harsh, but I must commend them cos they did a good job in getting all those customers, they made other banks to sit-up, lazy banks like skye, but if there is one bank I'd never use it would be UBA and skye.

Skye bank used to have the worst ATM service, you account would be debited but ATM won't dispense. Then if GTB's ATM doesn't work and there's only Skye around, I wait till the next day.

UBA staff carry students money no be small.
[s][/s] -excessive hatred-
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by blink(f): 7:33am On Nov 19, 2013
Gtb ko GCE ni
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by AboveSOSO: 7:56am On Nov 19, 2013
Try MAINSTREET BANK they give smooth services to there customers!
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Lukatarule(m): 8:12am On Nov 19, 2013
I oprate both U.B.A and GTbank but i prefer GTbank cus they dnt wast ones time. Bt U.B.A, if you'r going their by 8am,prepear to come back by 12noon. Their branches always have spoiled A.C,hence, you'r advice to go their with ur handfan or els heat wil end ur life theis
Localamos: If you want a less crowded banking hall, then try FCMB.
If you want a bank with Good branch network, then you might go to first bank.
If your choice is customer service, you can go to fidelity.

My experience with Unity bank is that they don't have a great ambiance, But their service delivery is pretty Good.
Access bank and UBA have the highest number of ATMs. You could choose either of them if you are particular about reliability of ATM services.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by ayzee04(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2013
Yeah, to me Gtb is not the best bank when it comes to good customer service delivery and branch networking but u can give it to them for
attractive building, talk of good customer service, talk FCMB, reliable ATM talk FCMB,less crowded bankin hall,talk FCMB reliable and fast internet banking, talk FCMB. ever since i av bn banking with them, the other ATM cards are just wallet-warmers.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by freakytee: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2013
Localamos: If you want a less crowded banking hall, then try FCMB.
If you want a bank with Good branch network, then you might go to first bank.
If your choice is customer service, you can go to fidelity.

My experience with Unity bank is that they don't have a great ambiance, But their service delivery is pretty Good.
Access bank and UBA have the highest number of ATMs. You could choose either of them if you are particular about reliability of ATM services.
I disagree with you on this. From my experience with first bank in kaduna, zaria and abuja, i can confidently say they are so poor in branch network. All their branches in zaria and kaduna usually have network ish. There is no one time i have entered any first bank branch in these three states i have mentioned, that i come out satisfied with their services. and speaking of queues, they have the worst ever. Especially in their Coomassie branch here in abuja. GTB to me is very okay in all standards, yes they have queues sometimes, but i have never spent more than 10 minutes on it, unlike spending an hour on queues in first bank. Gtb is customer and time friendly.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by honeeyplum(f): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2013
IMO, GT is not the best,I feel the bank is not easily assesible,for instance,there is no GT branch on Iwo rd,ibadan,u ll have to go to awolowo branch where the queue and staff's attitude make u regret dat decision.
The bank is over hyped jo
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2013
adesina abiodun: [s][/s] iliteracy I guess is uu utmost nd I wonder why some1 like U in d hist other of insanity be allowed 2 post in a reasonable treand like this and I also blv a fool like U doesn't no dime about financial institions ! If SKYE. BANK ATM in ur area is always out of service av u tried 2 confirmed what's actualy hapening in ur area or do u think ATM's are powered by eveil spirit ? Pls refer to d latest release by CBN in nov 2013. And see 4 urself d list of 8 banks . In Nig that are 2 big 2 fail and there massive contributions to d banking sector in d country! As if some1 with down syndrone like u were employed u could make things work more effective than that. Your condollence u wrote up there

Who is this ranting like a stoned teenage girl.

Calm down, write good english and communicate! I know your brain is too big to fail a second time.

Now tell me, what exactly is your problem?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by wizean(m): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2013
yinka2011: try [size=16pt]UNITY BANK [/size]....you will wonder why did'nt you go here first

no long lines.
friendly people.
get the job done faster.
stay united.

No b like Okene branch ooooooooooo
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 19, 2013
Are you an unemployed graduate and seeking to develop your self with unique skills that will prepare you for the 21st century market? Then this program is for you. A private firm in Abuja is holding a one-day workshop that will teach you how stand out and makes a difference in today’s market. The program is aimed providing you with value added employment campaign and making you a viable workforce that can match and supersede contemporaries from around the globe.
The program is free and will be held on the 30th of November 2013

Requirements for Entry:
Graduate with a minimum of HND in any discipline.
Male/Female
Residents of Abuja Only
NYSC is Optional.

The applicant must be:
Self-Motivated
Confident
Smart
Friendly
Articulate
Goal-Oriented

Send your CVs to ginika@gatefield.co
In the body of your email please describe yourself and your reason for wanting to be a part of the program.
Deadline for this application is 23rd November 2013
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by hubreality(m): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2013
Yes, the are! GTBank is Technologically sound and got impressive customer service.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2013
the heading and the post are 2 different things poles apart.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 11:55am On Nov 19, 2013
purpinkx: I don't think they are the best . the cashiers rarely start conversations with you, they always look serious. Might be they're under pressure or they don't like the job . I can't rate them as the best
exactly the type of cashiers i like. since banking hall is not a beer parlour. i actually hate cashiers or customer care that try to patronise me. i prefer serious looking, proficient ones. if i want to strike a conversation, i do.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by maik: 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
GTB used to be the best bank in customer service.
I think the problem with GTB has to do with the customer base, they are finding it difficult to manage their customers effectively.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by xtayle(m): 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
Uzilla:

Most times banks are filled up with customers that can afford not being in the banking hall in the first place. ATM cards, FastTrack and Internet Banking are better alternatives. Unless u r clearing a cheque, raising a draft or making an enquiry, I think it's better to always work with the alternatives. Having said that, I cant really tell which is the best bank, but I dont think I can feel as much comfortable with any other bank, as i am with GTB.

Its either u are a staff or u hv been brain-washed by GTB. Fast track means I hv to pay GTB for their inefficiency so that I can cash my money on time. GTB is d worst bank I hv ever used.

1) I opened a company account with d bank and they debited my account twice for search. I complained and wrote but they never refunded my money since 2008.

2) They can only help u transfer dollar, pounds and euro. If u need to credit a swiss account with swiss francs, they are lost. But Skye Bank does it for me seamlessly.

3) No matter how much u try, u can't secure a merited loan or overdraft and they don't care how u feel. Meanwhile First bank will be pursuing u wid credit facility.

Summary:

GTB is over-hyped. Its an unfriendly and uncaring bank
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by xtayle(m): 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
balogunsam: First, i love GTB but I'm moving. I am a young entrepreneur and i strolled into a gtb branch we av been using for over six years to ask if we can get an overdraft or loan or a form of service to enable us have 1.5m to attend to an urgent need. The account officer told me NO. He said gtn only issues a minimum of 10 million naira to corporate account holders and anything short is a NO. He then went ahead to explain how they are working on a way to be more helpful to their small corporate account holders... By small i mean having a monthly transaction of over 4m ooo. I asked what services they have for SME and he said their own SME must be grossing around 50million!!i went to uba, first bank and especially diamond bank and i can say if we had kept our account at either of those three most especially diamond in the last five years, the bank would have helped our business grow beyond this point.

U re very accurate.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Muttex(m): 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
First bank still better than GTBank
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
adusco:
ooohhh, so FOLA use to visit all d Gtbanks wen he was alive.
V bn using gtb and i can categorically tell dt nothing has changed.
Yeah! Thats the problem. Nothing has changed in GTBank, while other banks have moved on to deplore advanced technologies, explore more productive channels and improved on their services. GTBank has remained stagnant where Fola left it off. Is that not a shame?

As per Fola being everywhere? Why blame everything that goes on in Nigeria now on Jonathan? Can he also be everywhere? He (Fola), brought innovations to the bank and ensured that they were carried through in all branches, no matter how remotely these branches may be located.

I hope U got my drift?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by diablos: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
coesheya: The Best Bank dat provides d best protection of customers interest and customer service delivery is UNION BANK. They hav tremendously improved

υ мυѕт вє ℓινιηg ιη ɗ 80s...υηιση вαηк ωιт ɗια σνєʀαgє ѕтჃѕ, ησ αċ, ѕтαηɗιηg η тαвℓє ƒαηѕ, ωσσɗєη вєηċнєѕ ƒσʀ ѕєαтѕ η ησ ċυѕтσмєʀ ċαʀє,,, вαηк ɗαт ѕтιℓℓ υѕєѕ ωιтнɗʀαωαℓ вσσкℓєтѕ grin нω ċαη υ ѕαу ιтѕ ɗ вєѕт? єχċєρт υʀє α ρєηѕισηєʀ, gт вαηк ιѕ α мιℓℓιση тιмєѕ вєтα ɗαη υηιση bank undecided
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by hopefullman: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gtb have a lot of of customers because of their zero balance then.but now people are much more wiser.their customer service is so poor that u will curse the day you opened an account with them.imagine their staff telling customers to go to hell.the zero balance is still keeping a lot of people in gtb but for me,its time to move on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX / How Do I Recover A Debt From My Pastor? / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.