Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria (22100 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts? / Why Is Gtbank Naira Mastercard Not Working On Facebook & Google Advertisement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Eyop: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
Brother you are making me loose interest in GTbank. My main purpose wanting to go there is because of the comments made about their domiciliary account being the best. So does it mean it isn't so?
hopefullman: Gtb have a lot of of customers because of their zero balance then.but now people are much more wiser.their customer service is so poor that u will curse the day you opened an account with them.imagine their staff telling customers to go to hell.the zero balance is still keeping a lot of people in gtb but for me,its time to move on.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Rita30: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gtbank is the best! First bank is the worst bank ever if u love being angry then bank with first bank
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
datola: Fola did not pass on to anywhere o. He's still alive. It's Uncle Tayo that has transited- a fine gentle man. He really tried. The current MD I heard is a bully.

Okay. I effd up. 'Tayo and not 'Fola. Whatever! The guy that died in GTBank is whom I am reffering to...
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by hopefullman: 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Eyop: Brother you are making me loose interest in GTbank. My main purpose wanting to go there is because of the comments made about their domiciliary account being the best. So does it mean it isn't so?
i also intend to open a dom acc b4 i call it quit with them.i made enquiry with them last month and they told me that since i have an acc with them,i only need two referee and an id card.if they cant satisfy most customers who has ordinary saving acc which is quite basic,how will they satify dom acc holders whose acc is quite complex to operate?for me,i'm done with gtb.i think first bank dom acc is much cheaper than that of gtb though i didnt have any.i only check it on their site.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Eyop: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
hopefullman:
i also intend to open a dom acc b4 i call it quit with them.i made enquiry with them last month and they told me that since i have an acc with them,i only need two referee and an id card.if they cant satisfy most customers who has ordinary saving acc which is quite basic,how will they satify dom acc holders whose acc is quite complex to operate?for me,i'm done with gtb.i think first bank dom acc is much cheaper than that of gtb though i didnt have any.i only check it on their site.

Well me i have even filled the corporate account form together with the dom account form for opening with GTb but i haven't proceeded there yet. I can still remember years back about the numerous complains in regards First Bank but today it happens to one of the best banks in Nigeria. For me i believe in opening account with several banks as a business man and not a salary earner just incase one bank messes up,you can easily switch to another. Also with a corporate account,you can withdraw cash up to #3million a day so there are atimes you might need cash up to #10,000,000 and if you have only 1 corporate account,you will be charged on the excess.

I know of so many business owners that have corporate account with up to 7 Banks and i ask them why opening so many accounts and their reasons are Central Bank cashless policy and also should incase a particular bank messes up,they won't go through the process of opening up another account but all they need to do is to switch to another bank.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Oshosam(m): 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
I have tried to read through and I have seen complaints on the ATM but my issue is that of the ATM card that GTB issues. The card quality is sub-standard. I have an ACCESS BANK ATM card and the quality is standard.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by adusco(m): 11:57am On Nov 21, 2013
Oshosam: I have tried to read through and I have seen complaints on the ATM but my issue is that of the ATM card that GTB issues. The card quality is sub-standard. I have an ACCESS BANK ATM card and the quality is standard.
baba you can lie o
does dt affect the moni in ur acccount.
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by wolebanks(m): 6:59am On Nov 22, 2013
Banking is not about fine fine buildings, big big suits, posting big big profits, driving sleaky pool cars, smiling cashiers, talking grammer, technology. These things are good but not the main thing. Sadly this is what Nigerian Banks are mostly about and is part of why there is so much poverty in the Land. Main purpose of Banking is to make readily available funds at minimal cost. If there is a viable venture to be undertaken, money should not be the problem with good banking. Either most of us don't know or we are not talking about it rather we are talking about service,queues,friendliness,ac way you no get for house. Na A/c I wan chop?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by hopefullman: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
Eyop:

Well me i have even filled the corporate account form together with the dom account form for opening with GTb but i haven't proceeded there yet. I can still remember years back about the numerous complains in regards First Bank but today it happens to one of the best banks in Nigeria. For me i believe in opening account with several banks as a business man and not a salary earner just incase one bank messes up,you can easily switch to another. Also with a corporate account,you can withdraw cash up to #3million a day so there are atimes you might need cash up to #10,000,000 and if you have only 1 corporate account,you will be charged on the excess.

I know of so many business owners that have corporate account with up to 7 Banks and i ask them why opening so many accounts and their reasons are Central Bank cashless policy and also should incase a particular bank messes up,they won't go through the process of opening up another account but all they need to do is to switch to another bank.
i think you should just go to the branch manager direct and discuss with him/her.with that you can easily resolve issues in the future by just going straight to the manager since you already know him or her.since you are a buss man it's better to seek infos at the top of the ladder
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by kolexy(m): 9:02am On Nov 25, 2013
Flyboy Zee: GTB is not in anyway among the best banks in Nigeria.

I have had dealings with Intercontinental Bank, they used to be good up north, but down south, they were just another hag until they metamorphosed into Access. That Bank is crappy.

I moved on to GTB because of the hype in 2008. It was cool then. Good courteous staff with great CRS and prompt services. But after Fola passed on, the Bank passed on with him. May his soul rest in peace. Amen. I walked into a GTB to do some funds transfer while I was in transit, and the teller/cashier was like I should go home and set up my internet service to do internet banking, for chrissakes, WTF? I should leave the bank and go hme first before I can transfer funds. Haba! Ja ma ha!!!

I then moved on to FBN in 2010, and noticed that the bank has changed so much since 1998 when I opened my first account with the bank. Services were great and off the hook. No matter the crowds at the ATMs or inside the bank, you still got served and served well. They were the first to make mobile banking a pocket thing. They simplified internet banking without a token and made money transfer as cheap and easy as buying groundnuts at the street corners. No matter the size of their customer base, the staff are always courteous and helpful. FBN made me loved using bank services all over again...

At fidelity, the bankers were okay. Services weren't that bad either. But, technology wise, they were still in the 1960s. Do you believe that even as at now, the bank is yet to have a good mobile money service? Its just undiscernible in these times and age.

At Stanbic IBTC, they lean towards better corporate services than personal/individual banking. They have good well trained, courteous staff all over the country. But are still lacking in mobile banking services.

#My battery is running low. I'll continue after recharging the batteries#

When did you kill Fola Adeola?
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by Nmeri17: 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
yuzedo: drop N1millions naira and take N2millions naira in seven (9) days. plis pm me now, is call banana iceland bank. good sweet and big boobsie lady are customer care wink (stricktly no former ashawo plis) undecided

i promiss to make u milonnaire smiley (if u were bilonaire before) angry a try will convuse u. tenk.

hahahahahahahahahahaha...laughter wan gimmie high bee pee
Re: Is Gtbank Really The Best Bank In Nigeria by nueleoi(m): 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2020
Please sir I need help with my Dom account reference I have gotten one already I have ju
st one left. Cheers!

It's possible. All i did was visit their magodo branch. i was given a form with two reference sheet. The customer service lady asked if i wanted a personal account to go with it and a US dollar debit card for the domiciliary account. i politely declined. My 2 referees received calls from gtb within a week and i was sent an email somedays after that i can now use my account. i use same to pay for services in canada via bank draft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Recover A Debt From My Pastor? / Naira Eyes N1,300/$ At Parallel Market As Speculators Offload FX / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.