Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Short Story Competition - Literature (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story Competition (41534 Views)

Short Story Competition - <<Nuges11 wins!!!!>> / Commonwealth Short Story Competition / 2008-9 Commonwealth Short Story Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Short Story Competition by OMA4U(m): 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Get ready for the next edition of the Short Story competition. Aunty Efe is offering sponsorship of the competition and if everything goes as planned, the winner will be going home with some hard-currency; we're talking in dollars; and not bukina-faso dollars, US dollars.

The one who pays the piper dictates the tune, so she's going to be setting the rules for the competition.

We'll keep you informed.

Can we also still participate?
Oga Mazi, answer me now....
Are we still eligible in next edition?
Re: Short Story Competition by Ishilove: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Congratulation to the winners. Expect your little incentive later today.

Special thanks to the judges for their professional work. I'm grateful.
Will the judges not have a lil som'n som'n for their efforts...? wink grin

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by Ishilove: 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
Miss_Fibre:

grin grin grin grin

You wanna share your proceeds, no P. I am down for it

Oya, send it sharply angry angry

zero7zero62354770

If you call, you sure will be surprised who is behind the line. wink
*gasp*

So Mogomir has a phone?? shocked tongue
Re: Short Story Competition by Ishilove: 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
OMA4U: Congrats! Nuges. Royver, T-flow, Miss_fibre, you guys are the best. I never believed I could make it to top 5 among you, hot guys. It's a privilege competing with you. I've learnt a lot. Thanks to Mazi, you've brought out the spirit in me. To the judges, I hail o! Na u sure pass.... Ishilove, Omolola, Efe, PRINCESA, Hbg, Repogirl, kayemjay. God bless you'll.
And bless ye too, brova mine smiley
Re: Short Story Competition by Ishilove: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Congratulobia to the winner, Nuges11. You are a fantastic writer who will get even better as you mature in your style. Keep the flag flying, brova mine, and NEVER stop writing. The sky is your stepping stone.

Royver, tflow, Miz Fibre active digestive biscuits and Oma4u, you are all winners. It was an absolute pleasure trip being introduced to your works and I sincerely hope we get to read more from you all in this section. smiley
Re: Short Story Competition by Nuges11(m): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ishilove: Congratulobia to the winner, Nuges11. You are a fantastic writer who will get even better with as you mature in your style. Keep the flag flying, brova mine, and NEVER stop writing. The sky is your stepping stone.

Fenks a bunch Ishi. Btw, I started reading iyawo nylon bag last night and, gosh, I'm in love.........with your work that is tongue. You af tish me rubbish oo grin
Re: Short Story Competition by Nuges11(m): 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
Guys, I just came across something I think y'all might be interested in. Some of you might have heard about it but for the benefit of those who haven't; its the commonwealth short story competition.

www.commonwealthwriters.org/prizes/commonwealth-short-story-prize/entry-rules/

Click the link to read more.
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 10:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Will the judges not have a lil som'n som'n for their efforts...? wink grin

Your reward is in heaven cheesy

#i owe you 'something'. You don pass airtime nau#
Re: Short Story Competition by Ishilove: 11:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Your reward is in heaven cheesy

#i owe you 'something'. You don pass airtime nau#
Yelso. You owe me shop rent angry
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 11:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Yelso. You owe me shop rent angry

I was thinking of a trip to Disney land; but since you prefer rentage for a kiosk, no qualms.
Re: Short Story Competition by An0nimus: 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
Guess I didn't miss much lol. Congratulations to the finalists and winners. You all were outstanding. Hope to read your stories soon.

Special greetings to all the judges and organisers. You guys are the best.

Next season will be greatersmiley
Re: Short Story Competition by Ishilove: 4:56am On Oct 15, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

I was thinking of a trip to Disney land; but since you prefer rentage for a kiosk, no qualms.
A trip to Disneyland at my age?

Smh. Mtchewwww. angry
Re: Short Story Competition by OMA4U(m): 7:49am On Oct 15, 2013
Nuges11: Guys, I just came across something I think y'all might be interested in. Some of you might have heard about it but for the benefit of those who haven't; its the commonwealth short story competition.

www.commonwealthwriters.org/prizes/commonwealth-short-story-prize/entry-rules/

Click the link to read more.

I've read through. Thanks....
Re: Short Story Competition by OMA4U(m): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2013
OMA4U:

Can we also still participate?

Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 9:44am On Oct 15, 2013
OMA4U:

Why not? We've not started the planning shaa. She will be the one to list out most of the rules. So, until then, watch this space.

T-flow; how far nau? Abi my mail don land for moon? Please acknowledge the receipt of the mail make I know how far.
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 10:42am On Oct 15, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Why not? We've not started the planning shaa. She will be the one to list out most of the rules. So, until then, watch this space.

T-flow; how far nau? Abi my mail don land for moon? Please acknowledge the receipt of the mail make I know how far.

angry angry angry

Na wa o... Why me never see anything na
Re: Short Story Competition by Neduzze5(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2013
Ehen. I'm now here. Give me pen and paper let me start writing my own story.

Where are the other writers na?

Have the competition finished?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by tflow2(m): 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Wohoo!! 3rd/4h no bad @all. Thank you to all d judges,writers n readers. God bless u. I will never forget my humble beginning. @sambroose, Post ur number make I shake body snall reach ur side. U do well. Thanks people. MAD LOVE
Wohoo!! 3rd/4h no bad @all. Thank you to all d judges n readers. God bless u. I will never forget my humble beginning. @sambroose, Post ur number make I shake body snall reach ur side. U do well. Thanks people. MAD LOVE
Wohoo!! 3rd/4h no bad @all. Thank you to all d judges,writers n readers. God bless u. I will never forget my humble beginning. @sambroose, Post ur number make I shake body snall reach ur side. U do well. Thanks people. MAD LOVE
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
t-flow:

08one69367606... I go swear for you if you no post am. I just dey observe all of una. After all the support nobody wan pay tithe abi.. No make me vex oo
Re: Short Story Competition by Rapmaestro(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Pfft... Just hold on we're going home
Re: Short Story Competition by Rapmaestro(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
S/O all ma nigg*s living tax-free.
Re: Short Story Competition by Bam17(f): 3:05am On Mar 01, 2022
Seeing this thread 9 years after it's been opened. Wow. I wonder where all these peeps are shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story / Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. / The Madam At The Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.