Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Short Story Competition - Literature (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story Competition (41527 Views)

Short Story Competition - <<Nuges11 wins!!!!>> / Commonwealth Short Story Competition / 2008-9 Commonwealth Short Story Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Short Story Competition by Royver(m): 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuges11: First of, I'd like to say a big thank you to the brain behind this competition, Mazi, big ups bro, you're much appreciated.

To the judges, wow, you guys are more than awesome. Making time out of no time to read through piles of stories, critique and grade each story is no child's play at all, and you guys did an excellent job at it. Kudos.

I must mention that I've gained so much here, and I'm very sure other contestants have learnt one thing or the other too.

Ms_Fibre, Royver, Oma4u and T-Flow, you guys were simply spectacular, I wanna write like you guys when I grow up smiley . Royver, I read your other story, The Altercation, and I couldn't help but marvel at the way you paint vivid pictures with words, it was a privilege competing with you bro.

Thanks man, am glad you like it! Hope it wasn't too morbid?
Re: Short Story Competition by Nuges11(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
Royver:

Thanks man, am glad you like it! Hope it wasn't too morbid?

Morbid? I felt like I was stabbing the woman myself
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuges11:
First of, I'd like to say a big thank you to the brain behind this competition, Mazi, big ups bro, you're much appreciated.

To the judges, wow, you guys are more than awesome. Making time out of no time to read through piles of stories, critique and grade each story is no child's play at all, and you guys did an excellent job at it. Kudos.

I must mention that I've gained so much here, and I'm very sure other contestants have learnt one thing or the other too.

Ms_Fibre, Royver, Oma4u and T-Flow, you guys were simply spectacular, I wanna write like you guys when I grow up smiley . Royver, I read your other story, The Altercation, and I couldn't help but marvel at the way you paint vivid pictures with words, it was a privilege competing with you bro.

To the spectators, God bless you for following. SirElaw, thanks for the moral support, you're loved.

oga abegi leave tory for another day. Na where i go block you so that you go roger my phone with small transfer?

#girlsAreStillNotSmilingwink
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
Congratulation to the winners. Expect your little incentive later today.

Special thanks to the judges for their professional work. I'm grateful.
Re: Short Story Competition by Oahray: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: here
**hugzzzzz** cheesy

Thanks... I needed that.
Re: Short Story Competition by SirElaw(m): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuges11: First of, I'd like to say a big thank you to the brain behind this competition, Mazi, big ups bro, you're much appreciated.

To the spectators, God bless you for following. SirElaw, thanks for the moral support, you're loved.

Nicely said bro. Congratulations. I'm expecting you to buzz my fone with my share of the prize any moment from now grin
Re: Short Story Competition by Nuges11(m): 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mazi, it af enter ooo......twas nice doing bizness wit ya grin

Princessa oya holla @ your boy grin
Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuges11: Mazi, it af enter ooo......twas nice doing bizness wit ya grin

bros all this tory no go complete if by the next 1hr i no see ur tithe of 150naira transfer for dat number wey de my signature o
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuges11:
you na correct guy Jocheesy

oya give me the day, time and address. I must surely block you. No time oh! 100 naira Mtn go reach me subscribe 10mb to last me one day grin

accept my hearty congratulations, and we hope to see a thread of yours very soon on this section. So also the other contestants in this section: T-flow, Royver, Miss-fibre, Oma...we are waiting for you guys oh.smiley
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
^^With just 100 box and you're fixing a hook-up date with him already

C'mon princesa, you can do better than this nau
Re: Short Story Competition by Royver(m): 5:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
I would like to share a small percentage of my takings with the feminist, if she dosent mind. She should get something for being d last girl standing.
Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
Royver: I would like to share a small percentage of my takings with the feminist, if she dosent mind. She should get something for being d last girl standing.
no forget pay ur tithe to dat number wey de my signature o transfer don do me
Re: Short Story Competition by MissFibre(f): 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
Royver: I would like to share a small percentage of my takings with the feminist, if she dosent mind. She should get something for being d last girl standing.

grin grin grin grin

You wanna share your proceeds, no P. I am down for it

Oya, send it sharply angry angry

zero7zero62354770

If you call, you sure will be surprised who is behind the line. wink
Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
Miss_Fibre:

grin grin grin grin

You wanna share your proceeds, no P. I am down for it

Oya, send it sharply angry angry

zero7zero62354770

If you call, you sure will be surprised who is behind the line.
wink
the bolded means wetin now
Re: Short Story Competition by MissFibre(f): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
kingphilip:
the bolded means wetin now

None of your business angry
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Walai.. To be candid with you guys, the excitement of this story died after the first submission. It looked very well like we knew who was going to win without any other round coming up and the person didst win.

Abeg, make una clear way. Professional writers wey dey come here come form amateurs.

God dey watch una in HD. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
Miss_Fibre:

None of your business angry

grin grin grin

Shey him wan pour sand inside your garri ni grin
Re: Short Story Competition by kingphilip(m): 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

grin grin grin

Shey him wan pour sand inside your garri ni grin
abeg Foxy u try jare help me ask wella
hope dat wasn't for me ba Miss Fibre
Re: Short Story Competition by OMA4U(m): 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Congrats! Nuges. Royver, T-flow, Miss_fibre, you guys are the best. I never believed I could make it to top 5 among you, hot guys. It's a privilege competing with you. I've learnt a lot. Thanks to Mazi, you've brought out the spirit in me. To the judges, I hail o! Na u sure pass.... Ishilove, Omolola, Efe, PRINCESA, Hbg, Repogirl, kayemjay. God bless you'll.
Re: Short Story Competition by FoxyFlow(m): 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
OMA4U: Congrats! Nuges. Royver, T-flow, Miss_fibre, you guys are the best. I never believed I could make it to top 5 among you, hot guys. It's a privilege competing with you. I've learnt a lot. Thanks to Mazi, you've brought out the spirit in me. To the judges, I hail o! Na u sure pass.... Ishilove, Omolola, Efe, PRINCESA, Hbg, Repogirl, kayemjay. God bless you'll.

angry angry angry

Where my name? angry angry
Re: Short Story Competition by MissFibre(f): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2013

You are a darling. I like your selfless attitude. Giving me more than 50% of your gains.

Oya, I want to marry you wink
Re: Short Story Competition by MissFibre(f): 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nairaland!!!

You guys should stop calling me o. Abi una want sugar mummy grin
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:
^^With just 100 box and you're fixing a hook-up date with him already

C'mon princesa, you can do better than this nau

yes oh, its just 100 box and am like this, i fear what would happen if it was 1500 box! grin

as you no gree shake body for our side, i gats port oh, before pant begin to wear me, grin

girls are still not smiling, no time my brouda, no time! grin
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
OMA4U:
Congrats! Nuges. Royver, T-flow, Miss_fibre, you guys are the best. I never believed I could make it to top 5 among you, hot guys. It's a privilege competing with you. I've learnt a lot. Thanks to Mazi, you've brought out the spirit in me. To the judges, I hail o! Na u sure pass.... Ishilove, Omolola, Efe, PRINCESA, Hbg, Repogirl, kayemjay. God bless you'll.

*blushing*
God bless you too! cheesy
Re: Short Story Competition by Nuges11(m): 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
Foxy_Flow: Walai.. To be candid with you guys, the excitement of this story died after the first submission. It looked very well like we knew who was going to win without any other round coming up and the person didst win.

Abeg, make una clear way. Professional writers wey dey come here come form amateurs.

God dey watch una in HD. angry angry

Lol.....professional writers......I'm honored
Re: Short Story Competition by Nuges11(m): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Princessa, can you make it to abule muwonleru before midnight?
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuges11: Princessa, can you make it to abule muwonleru before midnight?

Oga new super-star, do use the pm button so you both can fix your date. Don't make out on my thread!

where d'fck is abule muwonleru
Re: Short Story Competition by princesa(f): 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuges11:
Princessa, can you make it to abule muwonleru before midnight?
the name of that neighbourhood is scary ohsad biko look for a porshe place Jocheesy

Mazi_Omenuko:

Oga new super-star, do use the pm button so you both can fix your date. Don't make out on my thread!

where d'fck is abule muwonleru

oga hold ur peace, no put sand for my garrri oh. Jealousy grin
Re: Short Story Competition by timpaker(m): 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuges11:

Lol.....professional writers......I'm honored

Congrats dude.... See you around. Congrats also to the other contestants.
Cheers! (Nuges11: Shey you know say MTN dey allow transfer of 50naira credit to people bah? In case u no know abeg use my number try am. Thanks)
Re: Short Story Competition by OMA4U(m): 9:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

angry angry angry

Where my name? angry angry

Sir Foxy, your name dey dere nah.... Check back of your screen, you go see am..

Seriously, you're the best among male folks.
Re: Short Story Competition by MaziOmenuko: 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
Get ready for the next edition of the Short Story competition. Aunty Efe is offering sponsorship of the competition and if everything goes as planned, the winner will be going home with some hard-currency; we're talking in dollars; and not bukina-faso dollars, US dollars.

The one who pays the piper dictates the tune, so she's going to be setting the rules for the competition.

We'll keep you informed.
Re: Short Story Competition by OMA4U(m): 9:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nuges11: Princessa, can you make it to abule muwonleru before midnight?

Nuges, why now? Abule muwonleru, you wan enslave princesa ni? Lol......

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story / Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. / The Madam At The Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.