Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (1037 Views)

Jonathan And Patience On The Page Of A Kenyan Newspaper / FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn / 2 Hours Shut Down Of Airport For Patience Jonathan Caused The Crash - Breaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 17, 2013
The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Works, Dr.
Abubakar Muhammad, on Monday urged Nigerians,
especially users of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, to be
patient with the contractors handling the reconstruction of
the road - as they had already been mobilised to site.
Reacting to the complaint of inactivity on the road, Muhammad
said the contractors were tiding up the necessary modalities while
carrying out site clearing to ensure quality and speedy work.
The Federal Government had contracted the reconstruction of the
Lagos-Sagamu section of the road to Julius Berger Nigeria Plc,
while it awarded the Sagamu-Ibadan section to Reynolds
Construction Company.
Muhammad spoke in an exclusive interview with newsmen in
Ilorin on the sidelines of the 20th National Council of Works with
the theme, 'Reforming the road sector for sustainable economic
development.'
He also said arrangements for the commencement of work on the
Second Niger Bridge had been concluded.
The permanent secretary said it was just left for the consortium
handling the project to mobilise to site and kick-start the project,
adding that work would soon commence on the bridge.
Muhammad said, "Work on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway has
started because it was inaugurated by President Goodluck
Jonathan. That road is in two sections. The contractors are
mobilised to site and work is under way.
"Work has to start on a skeletal basis as the contractors cannot
start full force or 100 per cent. They must start from clearing of
the road. The way it is now, there are certain areas they must
remove. So, the work has started in earnest because the ministry
has made sure that some mobilisation was done for the
contractors.
"Anxious Nigerians who want speedy completion of the road
should be patient, and very soon, they will see much progress on
that road."

http://m.naij.com/news/47304.html
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2013
Does that mean work has started on the road or it's yet to start? The contractors are yet to mobilize their workers to the site? Where did the pictures i saw yesterday on a particular thread come from? I don't understand o!
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by demelza: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2013
But.... but it was only yesterday I saw pictures of the express way being worked on.
Who is lying?
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
demelza: But.... but it was only yesterday I saw pictures of the express way being worked on.
Who is lying?
Lol! PDP goons are terrible! Bunch of liars spread false news.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by stebell(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
berem: Lol! PDP goons are terrible! Bunch of liars spread false news.

grin
Yu Berem, yu are de liar. This info yu posted, was an old news. Stop spreading falsehood in dis forum. Yu and ur likes are always looking for ways to criticize de Govt, while ur Fashola is a saint. I'll only tell yu one tin. Lagos was a former federal capital. Unam
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by taharqa: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
berem: Does that mean work has started on the road or it's yet to start? The contractors are yet to mobilize their workers to the site? Where did the pictures i saw yesterday on a particular thread come from? I don't understand o!
So this is what you understand from d Article you just posted, IJIOT? That they hv not mobilised yet? Are yr eyes Ok?
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
Very terrible post + poster. Naij.com of all sources.
Go to site and verify.
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
stebell: Yu Berem, yu are de liar. This info yu posted, was an old news. Stop spreading falsehood in dis forum. Yu and ur likes are always looking for ways to criticize de Govt, while ur Fashola is a saint. I'll only tell yu one tin. Lagos was a former federal capital. Unam
Mumu, how is it an old news. Why don't you check the source to confirm. Pathetic liars!
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
berem: Does that mean work has started on the road or it's yet to start? The contractors are yet to mobilize their workers to the site? Where did the pictures i saw yesterday on a particular thread come from? I don't understand o!
I can now confirm that you'r the greatest MUMU of all time. So you cant even read your own post? Read the report again, but this time SLOWLY. If that doesn't help, call for help.

8 Likes

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I can now confirm that you'r the greatest MUMU of all time. So you cant even read your own post? Read the report again, but this time SLOWLY. If that doesn't help, call for help.
Native doctor ifeanyichukwu, your brain needs a mental check up. Read the thread again and again if you have problem with your eyes. You are the greatest hypocrite and Liar nairaland has ever produced.

2 Likes

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by karlmax2: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
bros this is the reason i dont engage in argument with some of these compound illitrates who flock around on this forum. They are quick to call the president names,but engage them in any argument u would find that they are not only shallow up stirs but also ignorant and dumb simpletons. Engaging them would only bring u down to their low level of reasoning. All they know how to do is throw abuse around thats all. Just allow them to wallow and die in their ignorance. While serious people tap into the changes presently experenced like never before in our great country.

2 Likes

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by jmaine: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2013

Na wao, is this deliberate or what . . .Please read the below again very slowly . . . . embarassed. . .

That road is in two sections. The contractors are mobilised to site and work is under way.

Work has to start on a skeletal basis as the contractors cannot start full force or 100 per cent.

They must start from clearing of the road. The way it is now, there are certain areas they must remove.

So, the work has started in earnest because the ministry made sure that some mobilisation was done for the contractors.

Pay attention to any where you see "Work". angry

7 Likes

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
Where is the chief-retardeen of NL,alias @Demdem? He and other Tinubu rats swore yesterday that work has not commenced on that road. The doubting Thomases can now see clearly the ugly faces of professional LIARS and enemies of PROGRESS on NL
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by geeez: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Now they are appealing for PATIENCE and at the end if his term, he will be wishing us GOODLUCK

Deceitful non-performers
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by homesteady(m): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Berem, is your leg paining you? Or you don't have transport money?? Why don't you go and check the road and take pictures and upload on NL, so that you can put us to shame! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by jmaine: 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Where is the chief-retardeen of NL,alias @Demdem? He and other Tinubu rats swore yesterday that work has not commenced on that road. The doubting Thomases can now see clearly the ugly faces of professional LIARS and enemies of PROGRESS on NL

They are all Collective Children of Anger and Pain, suffering from sophisticated ignorance . .

Don't ever forget that . . . cool
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by boladez(m): 5:51am On Sep 18, 2013
Retardees and great big flies of the emperor retardeen, please celebrate when the road is commissioned.

The same min of works that claimed work was going on smoothly on the road a week before they kicked out Bicourtney.

If they are serious, the first place to start work should be the mowe Ibafo axis where the road has badly failed. A wise man holds the head of a fish and a foolish one holds the tAil.

The day that road reconstruction starts, those of us who use the road and arson ground will know. I passed yesterday and all I could see was preparation of the site office and materials in such a slow and sleepy manner.

In is quite laughable that retardees will jump to the social media to celebrate site preparation in progress two months or so after flag off. I don't expect anything better from retardeen and his green flies!

Green flies, keep the excreta flag of your retardeen boss flying, hope your loved ones will not perish on this road as your retard mentor's mother in law perished on the same road Amechi was shouting they should fix.

I believe Nigerians will not allow this retardocracy to continue in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by omanzo02: 6:05am On Sep 18, 2013

Berem the mischief maker, did u have eyes at all?, u posted an article with checking the details, your article has a picture of work in progress of this same road u are trying to criticize the government about.

So who is the foooool here?
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by stebell(m): 6:15am On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Native doctor ifeanyichukwu, your brain needs a mental check up. Read the thread again and again if you have problem with your eyes. You are the greatest hypocrite and Liar nairaland has ever produced.
Madam Berem, I've seen ur pix and I kno wat/hw yu look like. I can tell yu, yu are not beautiful. Yu are a product of well let me spare yu dat. Yu are above 30 and lying like a teen. I believe if yu are married, it's either ur hubby don't kno wat yu do all day @ home or he is one of de haters in dis forum. Yu don't even read ur Bible if yu hv one. Cos yu will see in it dat pray for ur leaders. I pity yu. As for me I'm in de transformation train already
Long Live Naija and GEJ team of Fresh Air.

1 Like

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by PaulJohn1: 6:24am On Sep 18, 2013
stebell: Yu Berem, yu are de liar. This info yu posted, was an old news. Stop spreading falsehood in dis forum. Yu and ur likes are always looking for ways to criticize de Govt, while ur Fashola is a saint. I'll only tell yu one tin. Lagos was a former federal capital. Unam

No, It's newer than the pictures of construction we saw on the front page yesterday, checkout the date it was published.
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by boladez(m): 7:55am On Sep 18, 2013
stebell: Madam Berem, I've seen ur pix and I kno wat/hw yu look like. I can tell yu, yu are not beautiful. Yu are a product of well let me spare yu dat. Yu are above 30 and lying like a teen. I believe if yu are married, it's either ur hubby don't kno wat yu do all day @ home or he is one of de haters in dis forum. Yu don't even read ur Bible if yu hv one. Cos yu will see in it dat pray for ur leaders. I pity yu. As for me I'm in de transformation train already

She is not beautiful to you because your inside is not beautiful. Your inside most likely worse than Lagos Ibadan expressway as at today. You are a product of Generation X!

Your post is just emotional and selling the usual Pray for your leaders stuff when the leaders are busy laughing and looting and trampling on the future of the unborn children. Have you wondered why there are so many religions centres in Nigeria but yet we get worse in character by the day?....the same reason you who reads the bible says another is NOT beautiful what version of the bible do you use? Nigerians throw punches and when it is convenient they dock under the religious canopy. Same reason a church beat up state officials last week.

note that everyone has a right to an opinion

Look inwards

1 Like

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by emiye(m): 8:10am On Sep 18, 2013
I have said it before, those PDP goons are deceiving themselves with pictures of ongoing work , those pictures were taken as far back as dec 2012 during temporary rehabilitation work by julius berger and RCC.

Do not be deceived. They said work have started, because contractors have been mobilised., but i know the real deal.
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ichidodo: 8:25am On Sep 18, 2013
Berem don expose herself.
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by adino(m): 6:24am On Sep 19, 2013
stebell: Madam Berem, I've seen ur pix and I kno wat/hw yu look like. I can tell yu, yu are not beautiful. Yu are a product of well let me spare yu dat. Yu are above 30 and lying like a teen. I believe if yu are married, it's either ur hubby don't kno wat yu do all day @ home or he is one of de haters in dis forum. Yu don't even read ur Bible if yu hv one. Cos yu will see in it dat pray for ur leaders. I pity yu. As for me I'm in de transformation train already

THIS IS THE SUREST DESCRIPTION OF THE SILLY BRAT BEREM
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 19, 2013
emiye: I have said it before, those PDP goons are deceiving themselves with pictures of ongoing work , those pictures were taken as far back as dec 2012 during temporary rehabilitation work by julius berger and RCC.

Do not be deceived. They said work have started, because contractors have been mobilised., but i know the real deal.
Thanks for the information! let the fools keep on making noise on this thread. Someone who passed the road 2 days ago said nothing much is happening on that road and yet we get fake pictures of contractors working. I still need more updates on the road.
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by boladez(m): 6:46am On Sep 19, 2013
You are here: Home / Business / Business & Economy / FG directs Julius Berger to rehabilitate Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
FG directs Julius Berger to rehabilitate Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
September 19, 2013 by Agency Reporter 4 Comments

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
| credits: File copy

The Federal Government on Wednesday directed Julius Berger Nigeria Plc to begin the rehabilitation of the bad portions on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway to reduce the hardship being faced by motorists.

The Director of Federal Highways (South West), Federal Ministry of Works, Mr. Kabiru Abdullahi, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos.

“I was at the site and told Julius Berger to start patching the potholes. I believe by now, it has started,” he said.

He said the company initially had a problem on where to build its work yard but that the problem had been resolved.

Abdullahi said the process for the release of the 15 per cent contract sum to the company for the project was almost completed.

NAN reports that craters have developed on the highway around Isheri area on the Ibadan bound section of the road.

Craters have also appeared between the Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries and the Redeemed Camp on the Lagos bound lane, causing slow movement of vehicles.

President Goodluck Jonathan had on July 5 flagged off the reconstruction of the highway.
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by boladez(m): 6:55am On Sep 19, 2013
adino:

THIS IS THE SUREST DESCRIPTION OF THE SILLY BRAT BEREM

If you are able to marry a woman as intelligent as she is, go give thanksgiving in your place of worship. Looking at her picture, if you are able to marry a woman that is well taken care of and beautiful like Berem count your unfortunate self lucky.

2 Likes

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by boladez(m): 6:58am On Sep 19, 2013
ichidodo: Berem don expose herself.

Obviously COMPREHENSION is not as easy as it sounds. I have said it severally that the ability to post in the politics section should not be open to all and sundry. Moderators should test people's IQ before they are allowed to stray into this section of Nairaland.

My guy go back to the romance, celebrity or music section honourably!

1 Like

Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 19, 2013
boladez:

If you are able to marry a woman as intelligent as she is, go give thanksgiving in your place of worship. Looking at her picture, if you are able to marry a woman that well taken care of and beautiful like Berem count yourslef lucky.

cool cool
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by adino(m): 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
boladez:

If you are able to marry a woman as intelligent as she is, go give thanksgiving in your place of worship. Looking at her picture, if you are able to marry a woman that is well taken care of and beautiful like Berem count your unfortunate self lucky.

oga, I give her to you for free. May your future (or present) wife be as caring, loving,and everything berem is on Nairaland to you forever and ever and may your union be permanent till death do you part! Amen.
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by boladez(m): 9:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Amen!...the best things in life come free.... amen again. Maybe one day you will find someone as Good as Berem, may the Almighty make this happen in your life and May your present wife, spouse or girlfriend be able to meet up with Berem's intelligence. Amen.

Have a nice weekend! ........... cool
Re: Works' Ministry Appeals For Patience On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
boladez: Amen!...the best things in life come free.... amen again. Maybe one day you will find someone as Good as Berem, may the Almighty make this happen in your life and May your present wife, spouse or girlfriend be able to meet up with Berem's intelligence. Amen.

Have a nice weekend! ........... cool
grin cool

(1) (Reply)

UNN Researcher Secures Patent For Development Of Solar Cells Fromweed / Jonathan Is Behind That silly Letter ––iyaboobasanjo Blasts / Political Killings: North Asks Jonathan To Prosecute Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.