Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,525 members, 7,826,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Is Kogi A Failed State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Kogi A Failed State? (3442 Views)

Kogi: A Different Country / Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / Debate: Is Nigeria A Failed State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kogi A Failed State? by Oklander: 10:39am On Aug 26, 2014
>Obajana cement factory is the largest cement
plant in sub-saharan Africa.

>Kogi is host to two large Iron ore companies, Itakpe and Ajaokuta.

>Ajaokuta steel company is the largest industrial
complex in Africa.

>Odagbo has the largest coal deposit in Nigeria.

>Lokoja is host to the two largest rivers in
Nigeria.

>Lokoja was once the capital of Nigeria.

>The economy of Kabba province in colonial days
was second only to that of Kano in Northern
Nigeria.

>Kogi borders 9 states in Nigeria; more than any
other state. It is the old Kabba province.

- http://weekly.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/opinion/15863-odagbo-coal-open-letter-to-ministers-nebu-sadaq.
- http://m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/why-ajaokuta-steel-may-never-work
- http://dangcem.com/index.php?page=84

Lokoja, Kabba, Ajaokuta, Itakpe, Obajana, and Odagbo are all in Kogi state. Yet, Kogi is one of the poorest states in Nigeria. Is this state cursed or its just bad leadership? I personally think it's nothing shot of both. Its really unfortunate!

3 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by lilprinze: 11:10am On Aug 26, 2014
with all these points above I would blame it on bad,corrupt, greedy and selfish leadership even states who don't have half of what kogi has are richer and more developed than kogi state

4 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by slimfit1(m): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2014
Useless governors and ignorant people living in the state not tapping the resources in the state.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by saintikechi(m): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2014
That is why kogi is fighting for anambra's oil.

6 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Oklander: 11:34am On Aug 26, 2014
saintikechi: That is why kogi is fighting for anambra's oil.
Very senseless move by greedy incompetent government if you ask me. why fight for more resources that isn't even yours while you have enough already and simply failed and failing to utilize or can't utilize because of your incompetency or don't simply want to utilize!!!

5 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by thwarrior72: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
Oklander: >Obajana cement factory is the largest cement
plant in sub-saharan Africa.

>Kogi is host to two large Iron ore companies, Itakpe and Ajaokuta.

>Ajaokuta steel company is the largest industrial
complex in Africa.

>Odagbo has the largest coal deposit in Nigeria.

>Lokoja is host to the two largest rivers in
Nigeria.

>Lokoja was once the capital of Nigeria.

>The economy of Kabba province in colonial days
was second only to that of Kano in Northern
Nigeria.

>Kogi borders 9 states in Nigeria; more than any
other state. It is the old Kabba province.

- http://weekly.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/opinion/15863-odagbo-coal-open-letter-to-ministers-nebu-sadaq.
- http://m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/why-ajaokuta-steel-may-never-work
- http://dangcem.com/index.php?page=84

Lokoja, Kabba, Ajaokuta, Itakpe, Obajana, and Odagbo are all in Kogi state. Yet, Kogi is one of the poorest states in Nigeria. Is this state cursed or its just bad leadership? I personally think it's nothing shot of both. Its really unfortunate!
It is simple, Kogi people fail to detach themselves from the grip of core north, who sees them as a subject/minority that must not be allowed to live to they full potentials.

It's very unfortunate, unptil now kogians & benuans have not realise that they are distinct people from the core north, & should pursue they dream & self determination.

5 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by vedaxcool(m): 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
thwarrior72: It is simple, Kogi people fail to detach themselves from the grip of core north, who sees them as a subject/minority that must not be allowed to live to they full potentials.
It's very unfortunate, unptil now kogians & benuans have not realise that they are distinct people from the core north, & should pursue they dream & self determination.

Typical! The above is nothing short of ethnic chauvinism and tribalism!

Nigerians always enjoy blaming others for their own failures! Kogi state has an extremely inept leadership, which seems satisfied in maintaining the status quo than making positive change. The sad thing is the poor leadership is at every level of governance and every senatorial district!

5 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Oklander:

PDP + IGALA = FAILURE of KOGI STATE!!

Simple

2 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by meforyou1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
kogi doesnt have a governor. i mean that wada idris can not in a sane sense be termed a governor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by haywire07(m): 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Is a Kogi even still a state?... grin before calling it a "failed state"
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Oklander: 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
thwarrior72: It is simple, Kogi people fail to detach themselves from the grip of core north, who sees them as a subject/minority that must not be allowed to live to they full potentials.

In as much as you a have a point, and the bolded could be justified on the case of Obajana in Kogi state owned by a core Northerner with nothing much gained by the indigenes(Kogi indigenes/students were once deceived by a dangote scholarship for kogites, it didn't happen), it is not entirely the case. The leadership of Kogi itself is not just trying for its people, its not putting the right effort and pressure to draw the attention of fg to areas like Ajaokuta and Itakpe, talk less of other areas.

3 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by IGBOSON1: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
haywire07: Is a Kogi even still a state?... grin before calling it a "failed state"

^^^Haba bros! That was a bit too harsh don't you think!?
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
The answer lies with the igbira,kabba and igala communities of kogi state.

When they are ready to work together without favouritism and tribalism then kogi's untapped mineral resources can be harnessed.
Backward igalla's

4 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Oklander: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
meforyou1: kogi doesnt have a governor. i mean that wada idris can not in a sane sense be termed a governor.
I can't agree less!
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
I served in kogi state in 2010/2011, left and then passed through the same town earl this year but menh I was highly dissappointed with the things I saw. Still the same old town with nothing new to Show for it except that my boyfriend then now owns a pure water factory and lives in GRA with the rich grin
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by thwarrior72: 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
vedaxcool:

Typical! The above is nothing short of ethnic chauvinism and tribalism!

Nigerians always enjoy blaming others for their own failures! Kogi state has an extremely inept leadership, which seems satisfied in maintaining the status quo than making positive change. The sad thing is the poor leadership is at every level of governance and every senatorial district!
Don't read too much meaning to what I said... bro

I agree with u, Kogi state have not have it good in electing good leaders, which is part of they woes but.....
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by thwarrior72: 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
3cycle: I served in kogi state in 2010/2011, left and then passed through the same town earl this year but menh I was highly dissappointed with the things I saw. Still the same old town with nothing new to Show for it except that my boyfriend then now owns a pure water factory and lives in GRA with the rich grin

Talk truth, na ur boy friend u go see. tongue Anyway, u are beautiful, if that's u!! wink
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
thwarrior72: Talk truth, na ur boy friend u go see. tongue Anyway, u are beautiful, if that's u!! wink
No not me, just like the style and thought to share with any female that clicks on ma profile.

But I am way prettier wink
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by saintikechi(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Oklander: Very senseless move by greedy incompetent government if you ask me. why fight for more resources that isn't even yours while you have enough already and simply failed and failing to utilize or can't utilize because of your incompetency or don't simply want to utilize!!!

even if you give them anambra's oil, they still cant do anything with it.

1 Like

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Kogi state i tire for them
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Reptyle(m): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2014

Please the situation in Kogi has nothing to do with any of the above. We (I am from Kogi) have just been cursed with one inept government after another since the State was created and a largely ignorant pool of voters.

What has our affiliation with the north got to do with the fact that a person charged with the exclusive control of the State's resources cannot harness same for the benefit of the citizens?

Kogi State is blessed in all ramifications but we just need one man (or woman) to steer the ship of state in the right direction. All we have had is just one illiterate or semi-illiterate running the affairs of the State so far.

Is it not a shame that in a State that can boast of a huge number of intellectuals, the best governor we have ever had in the area of performance is Abubakar Audu?

5 Likes

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Reptyle(m): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
saintikechi:

Sadly I am going to have to agree with you because it is the bitter truth. All you will have as a result of oil exploration in Kogi State are wealthier pot bellied crooks in power.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Valentinooo: 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
the problem is with their governor.

Idris wada is one of the top3 worst governors in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by thwarrior72: 1:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
3cycle:
No not me, just like the style and thought to share with any female that clicks on ma profile.

But I am way prettier wink
Evidence to back ur statement? cool
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by haywire07(m): 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
Maybe kogi will b better if okene is removed *no insult intended* bt those pple can burn cars and kill pple fr killing a dog..there's natural hatred existing among them ,so how do u xpect development where theres no unity?
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Valentinooo: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Reptyle:

Please the situation in Kogi has nothing to do with any of the above. We (I am from Kogi) have just been cursed with one inept government after another since the State was created and a largely ignorant pool of voters.

What has our affiliation with the north got to do with the fact that a person charged with the exclusive control of the State's resources cannot harness same for the benefit of the citizens?

Kogi State is blessed in all ramifications but we just need one man (or woman) to steer the ship of state in the right direction. All we have had is just one illiterate or semi-illiterate running the affairs of the State so far.

Is it not a shame that in a State that can boast of a huge number of intellectuals, the best governor we have ever had in the area of performance is Abubakar Audu?
I thought you already have a captain doing that already, or do you still need another captain for the job? grin

That's joke anyway.
The problem with kogi state is that they've not been lucky enough to have a good governor who have the interests of the people in mind.

Idris wada should be the worst governor after T.A Orji and Gabriel suswam (i stand to be corrected though)
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Oklander: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
saintikechi:

You may be right but who knows, since the area of the oil the state is claiming will be in the Kogi east from which all the incompetent backward governors that has brought down this state has been from.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
A close look at Lokoja, the State Capital, will give you a clue.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Valentinooo: 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
3cycle: No not me, just like the style and thought to share with any female that clicks on ma
profile. But I am way prettier
thwarrior72: Evidence to back ur statement? cool
that is to say pictures or ...
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by abu12: 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
saintikechi: That is why kogi is fighting for anambra's oil.

Kogi people shld fight for that oil, because that is the only resource that easy to tap and make easy money from. If kogi people get that oil, they will receive federal govt attention than those mineral resource the ops mention above. There no part of with the without sold mineral resources but even FG is not ready not to talk of states, south east has cool and other resource what are they doing about it.
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by Oklander: 1:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
enigmaotr: A close look at Lokoja, the State Capital, will give you a clue.
Lol...Its quite unfortunate!
Re: Is Kogi A Failed State? by thwarrior72: 1:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
Valentinooo:
that is to say pictures or ...
Yea wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. / A Bag Of Dangote Cement Is Sold At 1000 Naira Call 08066024512 To Place An Order / Breaking News: Pic Of Rescued Chibok Girls From Sambisa Forest Released Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.