Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,995 members, 7,845,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference (9502 Views)

Senate Backs Re-structuring Of Nnpc / Senate Backs Tambuwal, Vows To Protect Legislature / Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by emmabowin(m): 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
of course, this is long overdue

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by Samxiulee: 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2013
I don't think the idea of either sovereign or not national conference is the answer,what if they don't agree what will happen?fiscal federalism is the answer to our problem
Let everyone use what they have to develop their state.most state gov are to lazy.
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by Abok1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
moodswing: All I see in the comments are very unfortunate opinions and halfbaked show of intelligence.

This our beloved country can't split without half of you commenters dead.

Although I agree that a sovereign national conference should be convened, but on a term that guarantees true nationalism. Not just to paper over the cracks.

Mind you the moment Nigeria cease to exist, that's the exact moment we cease to be powerful (Igwebuike)

All we need is tolerance, respect and love. Which isn't too much to ask.

God will help us.

The statements made by the senate is best described as deception in its purest form, considering the antecedents of the present crop of politicians as a group of ventripotent individuals with preference for tergiversation at the slightest opportunity, based on their lust for pandering to their gluttonous appetite which is best satisfied by looting our national wealth. We all know this is an act of sphallolalia which stinks to the high heavens. By paying lip service to the national interest is just a ploy to deceive the unsuspecting populace into thinking that they have our issues at heart, whereas deep down in their heart they know its because of the 2015 elections, whereas if the situation was different, they would have been more comfortable with playing the role of a gongoozler, rather than making meaningful contribution to the national well being of Nigerians. I wouldn't want to be seen as a pessimist, but would rather be a realist because we have been humbugged for so long by these thieves and we refuse to be swindled.

Enough is enough, come 2015 I pray and hope that the dynamics changes and the cheats are chased out of power.
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by lacasa: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
Had it been Nairaland was a forum that allowed users to use their real identities like Facebook does, half of the garbage abt secession, war mongering and tribal bashing WILL never occur.

It's the easiest and most cowardly thing to type nonsense behind a user name.

e - Cowards grin
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by oltimate: 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
oltimate: Nigeria is long overdue for split?
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by Abok1(m): 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2013

Here is a link to an article last year in which GEJ promised the national conference in 2013.

https://www.nairaland.com/1062231/jonathan-okays-sovereign-national-conference
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by AsuquoEKenn(m): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
Halelujah National conference or Soverign conference you are welcome. Well meaning Nigerians have been clamouring for your arrival since the Babangida era. Even during the OBJ time we waited patiently but you did not come. You were like an expected messiah that will not come. We are really happy that you have finally arrived. I know you are a very contoversial babie. Some will welcome you while some will not. But I welcome you wth all my heart, strenght and might. Some may try to strangulate you but I pray you will survive.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by roxell120(m): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2013
this will be gud for yorubas especially lagos state in order to perfect the status its assuming, so that non citizens of the republic of lagos can be justifiably deported to their various country. I dont want to hear any yoruba say no to this idea.your actions towards ur fellow Nigerians shud be the main reason for this call for sovereign national conference. go and voice ur mind.last time I checked, hausa begging biz is thriving all over lagos and their number is astronomical even when I find it difficult to figure out an igbo face among the pack.why targeting igbos wen I've nt heard that northern governors received their own teeming destitutes? curiously askn though
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by seyigiggle: 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
wooing challenge for the southwest.

presi jonathan it will not work except you do it first
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by seyigiggle: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sam xiu lee: I don't think the idea of either sovereign or not national conference is the answer,what if they don't agree what will happen?fiscal federalism is the answer to our problem
Let everyone use what they have to develop their state.most state gov are to lazy.
ori e pe (meaning you brain correct)
i visited kano state and wonder where the state government is getting money to finance the total overhauling of all the sector aside the federal allocation received. does it mean there are no recurrent expenditures?

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by amakenny: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
ckkris: National Conference is over due, to discuss THE MEANING OF NIGERIA, & who wants to be a Nigerian.
Any conference has to be sovereign witth no exlusion of topics to be discussed. No the type of OBJ's national political reforms conference.
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by curtain: 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
WE ARE TIRED OF BEING CALLED PARASITES ITS SHAMEFUL...... Let the conference be constituted, all other things would take care of themselves, although it would not guarantee nigerias living beyond 2015. Thank God our presidential villa had been built in sokoto, GOD BLESS THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF AREWA
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by moodswing(m): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
deeptesting:

And how powerful is Nigeria.

Very powerful my friend.

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by SUBMARINE: 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
David Mark should have said that any ethnic group that wants to secede should tell Nigerians what can be done to win their hearts back to Nigeria and they should give Nigeria time to win their hearts.

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by SUBMARINE: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
David Mark should have said that any ethnic group that wants to secede should tell Nigerians what can be done to win their hearts back to Nigeria and they should give Nigeria time to win their hearts...

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by SUBMARINE: 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
David Mark should have said that any ethnic group that wants to secede should tell Nigerians what can be done to win their hearts back to Nigeria and they should give Nigeria time to win their hearts.....

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by steveec122(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
deeptesting:

And who told Musiwa that the South South of Nigeria is part of Eastern Nigeria?
my dear, there is no such thing as South-South,it is a political creation. Edo and Cross Rivers are in no way more southern than Abia. Study your Geography, if at all you are referring to a Region. What of North -North for fulanis etc.

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by wordcat(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
geeez:

You just listen to yourself eeediot

Must you comment?

Whether or not you like it, in the mainstream or opposition, the SW holds the aces

GEJ became president because a certain man from Otta wanted him to be

We have always determined and shaped leadership of the country under any democratic dispensation

;

Then, why are u an opposition in a govt that u determined and shaped?

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by PehaKaso: 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
[quote
author=lacasa]Had it been Nairaland was a forum that allowed users to
use their real identities like Facebook does, half of the garbage abt
secession, war mongering and tribal bashing WILL never occur.

It's the easiest and most cowardly thing to type nonsense behind a user
name.

e - Cowards grin[/quote]

Whether u lik it or not, u must form ur Arewa Islamic nation. We've tolerated u PARASITES 4 long.

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by COOLDUN: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
deeptesting:

And how powerful is Nigeria.

Don't mind the confused fellow, Igwebuike where he/she is not seen as a full citizen of the country. What do you need powerfulness for? While many small/ weak countries are progressing and developing, we are stagnant claiming the Giant/Dwarf of Africa. Many SE people are really confused of their futures in this world.
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by sol2galay: 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
deeptesting:

And who told Musiwa that the South South of Nigeria is part of Eastern Nigeria?

Are u an infant? dont u know that nigeria stands on three cardinal points,on this equation which axes do u think south south belong to?

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by franxalive(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Professor Peter: Three things are needed 1. When? 2 any part of Nigeria who want to leave this unholy union called Nigeria should be allowed to leave peacefully 3 referendum should be conducted
ma dear prof. u've said it all...dey shud kip on decieving demselvs, were4 dey all knw d truth dat d dismembament remains d lasting solution...i dnt blem mark eida, as he does'nt knw wat an average nigerian is passin tru...he is dere yarning bullshit...pdp hv killd nigeria wit an incurrable virus of curruption,...checkout south sudan issues, since dia independence, hv we eva heard any war chant from the two of dem?....both d north n south sudan nw, govern demselvz as dem like, no more killings nor maimin of lives n destruction of properties....our so calld rulerz are jst druming 4 one nijaria 4selfish reasons, 'cos dem knw dat shoud any part b free from dis entity, all off dem currupt leaders dat hv wasted our vast resources n hv loothed us dry, WILL ALL CEASE TO BE RELEVANT IN THE VARIOUSE NEW GOVERNMENT OF D NEWLY SOVEREIGN NATIONS FROM D DISINTEGRATED NIGERIA. i rest ma case!
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by badmeat(m): 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
curtain: WE ARE TIRED OF BEING CALLED PARASITES ITS SHAMEFUL...... Let the conference be constituted, all other things would take care of themselves, although it would not guarantee nigerias living beyond 2015. Thank God our presidential villa had been built in sokoto, GOD BLESS THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF AREWA
grin,oh GOD,please answer prayers,the earlier the better!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by locdog(m): 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
all those stupid igbos crying For biafra on nairaland should prepare For the second civilwar in east but don't involve we south south ooo
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by franxalive(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2013
locdog: all those stupid igbos crying For biafra on nairaland should prepare For the second civilwar in east but don't involve we south south ooo
i dnt blem u eida, 4 such an unguarded n foolish comment...de nigerian govt are usuping n loothing resources from biafran land "southern nigeria" to beta d lots of many, dt dnt even worth it...n u are dere fooling around, all in d name of south trash....that is y most of u hv taken to militancy, of wil nt repair d damage done....i weep 4 una folly...dat ws y ikemba ojukwu, during one of his visit to so calld south south states dose days @abt 3-4pm...he greeted ur people ogoni morning oo...'cos he 4saw wat would be hapening us nw, n begd ur leaders to help him fight, bt dem betrayd him...nw dey ar crying faul to d deaf ears of nigerian govt... uptil nw, una no wan wake from una slumber...till wen
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by addictiv(m): 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2013
[size=14pt]the day this conference would hold would be the day the fate of this country would be decided....its either we divde and everyone goes home or we address issues affecting us and unite as one body..[/size]
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by plasgidy: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nigerians when are you going to understand nigerian poloticians? This type of nationa conference was hold during obj time in asorock, nothing meaningful came frm it.

Now good GEJ is going to hold another one just to douce the tension and waste money that was suposed to be used for other better things.

Nigeria is not one every dick and harry knows this, if any body say we are one may his immediate family be as one as nija. A country where no other tribe is allowed to be the president aprt frm one tribe. A country where a paticuler tribe is masacard like flys in their country. A country where most ppl that are pressing for one nigeria can never invest in some part of the contry.

Just to mension a few we are not one country the erlier we recognise this and quickly do some thing about it the better we all will progress better, else we will continue to turn round and round while 2 among all will continue to use the oportuinity to develope their region.

Truth is always hard to accept but it must be told no matter how any body fill, they should go in there and discuss how many country will come out of this lord lugard country. I will sugest 2 or 3 country as the case may be, or what do think. These my opinion

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by Kingspin(m): 11:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
Senator Mark have said it all some Northerns belive the country belong to them to ride at will and it unfortunate they come get fellowers.
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by Kingspin(m): 12:02am On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks 100% Senate President, David
Mark for sharing one of the best way to bring Nigeria ideology and openly telling anti GEJ and good Nigerians that this country should not be held to ransom by few selfish elites who feel that they own and their brother must head 2015. I hope this tips will serve as an eyes opener to some people who dnt understand the nature, history and the origin of PDP crises and why?. Even Mr Obama cant handle Nigeria currently hence the need to seat on a roundtable to agree on the way forward. The complex nature of our political system goes beyond one man but require a collective force to win.. Behold the people's voice by Sir Mark tell them.
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by franxalive(m): 12:45am On Sep 19, 2013
plasgidy: Nigerians when are you going to understand nigerian poloticians? This type of nationa conference was hold during obj time in asorock, nothing meaningful came frm it.

Now good GEJ is going to hold another one just to douce the tension and waste money that was suposed to be used for other better things.

Nigeria is not one every dick and harry knows this, if any body say we are one may his immediate family be as one as nija. A country where no other tribe is allowed to be the president aprt frm one tribe. A country where a paticuler tribe is masacard like flys in their country. A country where most ppl that are pressing for one nigeria can never invest in some part of the contry.

Just to mension a few we are not one country the erlier we recognise this and quickly do some thing about it the better we all will progress better, else we will continue to turn round and round while 2 among all will continue to use the oportuinity to develope their region.

Truth is always hard to accept but it must be told no matter how any body fill, they should go in there and discuss how many country will come out of this lord lugard country. I will sugest 2 or 3 country as the case may be, or what do think. These my opinion
...3 will mek do, to startwit, as to douce dis gross discontentment from different quarterz. guy, u voiced d raw truth!
Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by Anthony20: 1:43am On Sep 19, 2013
[/color][b][/b][/font][color=#990000]
SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE? My ANSWER is CAPITAL YES! !100% Yes it is LONG OVER DUE.
IT MUST BE SOVEREIGN! Many are tired of this UNHOLY UNION. A UNION that is based and founded on OIL, FALSEHOOD & COHESION.
It has caused US so much.
1954-57- "Araba" Slogan-Arabs means lets share it by Sir Ahamadu Bello
1966-coup and counter coup
1967-Biafrian Civil War
There are over 50 Religion and Ethnic Crisis in Nigeria after Independence. This number is even far above the Crisis in Nigerian during Colonialism
The casualties are more than we had in the precolonial Nigeria.
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[i][/i]
WHY THEN DO SOME PEOPLE STILL WANT US TO REMAIN ONE or "UNITED" "INDIVISIBLE" or "INSOLVABLE"?
2 REASONS:
[i][/
1. OUR BIG FOR NOTHING SIZE. [b][/b]THEY ARE USING IT FOR THEIR SELFISH AGGRANDIZEMENT-Locally and Internationally while we the masses are suffering.
2. OIL OUR RESOURCE WHICH HAS BECOME A CURSE TO THE MASSES
What will SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE ADDRESS?
EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!!! EVERYTHING!!!
It will EXAMINE the UNION and allow Ethnic Nationalities to DECIDE whether they want to remain in it or JETTISON it.
This SHOULD be the CENTRAL SUBJECT Matter. All the RESOLUTIONS should Then be FORWARDED TO THE United Nation to administer a REFERENDUM JUST as was done in SUDAN.
The result of this process will ULTIMATELY LEAD to the CREATION of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or more SUPER NATIONS from Nigeria.
WILL DAVID MARK Give us this ?
Will GEJ give us this ?
Will Atiku and his group give us this ?
Please answer these QUESTIONS my friends and brothers in NIGERIA?
See Detail Solution:
To avoid wastage- PRONACO had done a Conference of Ethnic Nationalities, under the Chairmanship of Anthony Enahoro. There was also another conference organized by Obasanjo under Justice Niki Tobi and Bishop Mattew Kuka. GEJ should pick their Resolutions and Make it open to Nigerians for inputs. Their outcomes should be published it in dailies, radio and TV stations, Blogs, social media platforms etc for inputs to be made through the same medium. After that one individual each should be taken from all the media organizations, social media platforms to form the input collation team. A drafting committee will then be set up: The Committee should have Bishop Kuka and Justice Niki Tobi as Chairman and Secretary having seen how they RESISTED OBASANJO's PLAN to use them to introduce Third Term into the Constitutional Conference he organized.
The 1st QUESTION that MUST be ask across ethnic groups i.e Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba DO YOU WANT TO REMAIN IN NIGERIAN OR NOTE. in ballot papers
Nigerian should vote YES or NO on the First round.
On the second round other Ethnic groups should be asked. Do you want to join any of the three major ethnic or remain alone?
All the votes will be collated and the result declared.
The United Nation should be INVITED to SUPERVISE the REFERENDUM and the ENTIRE PROCESS.
I am proposing a group that will begin to campaign through the media and social media for Sovereign National Conference please contact me if you will like to JOIN the Group called Reformed Nationalist Movement101 call me on -08090993424 or 08029535021. or oshoatiosi2003@yahoo.com
PLEASE READ THE TRUE STORY ABOUT NIGERIA.
PROFESSOR ADE AJAYIJ- FOREMOST NIGERIAN HISTORIAN SAID NIGERIAN WAS A COUNTRY BUILT ON TOP OF A WATER WITH NO FOUNDATION.
PLEASE NOTE : THE AMALGAMATION WAS DONE MAINLY FOR ADMINISTRATIVE CONVENIENCE OF THE BRITISH COLONIALIST. SEE LUGARD L: DUAL MANDATE. THE BRITISH WERE HERE FOR THE PURPOSE OF GETTING RAW MATERIALS FOR THEIR FACTORIES IN LIVERPOOL, LANCASHIRE, Manchester. SEE WALTER RODNEY: HOW EUROPE UNDERDEVELOPED AFRICA.
During the Pre-Colonial Nigerian particularly in the 1880-1890 through to 1900, it was easier to go from Kano to Mali. It was easier to go from Borno to Mali or Morocco than to go from Kano to Lagos. Africa South of the Sahara now Northern Nigerian had MUCH more Closer Economic and Religious ties with Niger, Mali, Sudan, Chad, Morroco and Algeria-They were called -Africa South of the Saharan. Tehy were part of SUDAN. see Map. The Gueane Savanna part of Dahomey-now Western Nigerian had Economic ties with Benin Republic, Togo, Ghana and Burkina Faso. While the Swamp and Mangrove Forest Region the Eastern and South Southern Nigerian had Economic ties with Cameroon,Gulf of Guinea, Ivory Coast, etc.
So we NEVER had anything COMMON with the PEOPLE OF SUDAN AREA known as Northern Nigeria was called. PLEASE STUDY THE FOLLOWING MAPS

Re: Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference by remarkD(m): 1:53am On Sep 19, 2013
You missed it, bro.... Presido. & Vice is not a Master/Slave relationship... both of 'em have the power... so when North is sharing the top with SE.... guess where the slaves, the real slaves are.... grin gringringringringrin
Sam xiu lee: funny enough,their wishes seems to have being the command of the southeast,from independence,Zik Ahmadu bello,2nd republic Shagari EKwueme,3rd republic Nzeribe court order used by babangida against Abiola,4th republic SE voting Obasanjo against the wish of the southwest,which was the wish of the generals nd the north,plus PDP a northern party always hold sway in the SE.
So tell me who is really the master and the slave here?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The North Is Seriously Atikulating... Pictures / Tension As Amaechi Wears New Look Since Wike Was Declared Winner- Pic / Tony Attah: LNG Train 7 To Attract $10 Billion Into Nigeria's Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.