Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,033 members, 7,838,583 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? (8863 Views)

Poll: is age 25 ok for marriage?

yes: 89% (79 votes)
no: 10% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

He Is 25, In Love With Two 14-year-old Girls, must he be regarded a paedophile? / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? / What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by aloib(f): 4:22am On Jun 04, 2006
ur twin, werent u just scoping toy now
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by Badman888(m): 4:25am On Jun 04, 2006
thats another angle coded runs everywhere cool

back to topic wink
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by aloib(f): 4:26am On Jun 04, 2006
coded runs, pimps would always be pimps, so wat are are u gonna get married if u aint married now
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by chinani(f): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2006
I think 25 is a great age if the person is ready for the committment & responsiblity. But of course not if they still want to act like a kid. That's obvious though, huh?

But I hear marriages after the woman has reached the age of 28 are more successful b/c the woman knows her own mind & won't change too much as years go by. But then some (woman & men) always know their own mind (and future plans).

It is best to finish your education though so you future Docs might have to wait a bit. wink

@Efani
No marriage? shocked Lol. I ain't trippin. But remember: no marriage, no babies. And how do we make babies? K, we won't have class here just yet. But they ain't going to come up right w/ Mummy to the left & daddy to the right. And you don't know the meaning of your own name? shocked shocked I renounce that in the name of the Father & Son. lol! But fo real my dude for real.

@Afeni
I think you have some good points but your conclusions aren't totally logically. You mention financal stability & education etc etc but many people (women & men) reach that point before the coveted age of 30. And that's not say they won't make more money or go back to school (PhD etc) but such things happen as we age.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by BigShishi(m): 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2006
i hope to get married real soon tho!
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by chinani(f): 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2006
Big Shishi:

i hope to get married real soon tho!
Oh really? Why? How old are you? Do you have the gal yet? Don't mind me. . .just being noisy. cheesy
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by Badman888(m): 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2006
Shishi i agree u really need to settle down cheesy
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by dominobaby(f): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2006
N u badman? Aint u settlin down? Lol.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by Badman888(m): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2006
do u want to settle down with me then no problem cool
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by dominobaby(f): 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2006
Eeyah, too l8!
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by Badman888(m): 11:01pm On Jun 04, 2006
dominobaby:

Eeyah, too l8!

damn am cool with it tongue
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by weev(f): 12:09am On Jun 05, 2006
Rhodalyn i am so hurt cry you think a Womans beauty is fading at 30, what about Hallie Berry, Jennifer Lopez, Mary J , Vivica fox & me wink.

when you find the person you want to marry that is the right age , i got married at 24 and widowed at 29 life is for living if you find someone special do not waste time on insignificant matters like age
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by MrBean(m): 12:52am On Jun 05, 2006
Yes, If you are ready emotionally and financially.

@afeni

You are a very "Amusing" fellow.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by omogenaija(f): 12:56am On Jun 05, 2006
mrlawng:

Yes, If you are ready emotionally and financially.

@afeni

You are a very "Amusing" fellow.

u dont need to be financially ready, unless u want kids. just emotionally or mentally.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by Badman888(m): 12:57am On Jun 05, 2006
thats rite if u wait b4 u re a millioniare to get married, then u go wait tire, unless lucky
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by jgirl3: 12:58am On Jun 05, 2006
i think marriage is a thing of maturity. It depends on how mature you are. My 19-year old friend is getting married this sumer. what do you think of that
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by Badman888(m): 12:59am On Jun 05, 2006
lol cheesy cheesy thats all i can say, but it mite end up bein a successful marriage
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by omogenaija(f): 1:02am On Jun 05, 2006
j-girl:

i think marriage is a thing of maturity. It depends on how mature you are. My 19-year old friend is getting married this sumer. what do you think of that

i wish her the best of luck with the furture husband. tell her to seek advice from God and don't tell her body her busy. and just pray.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by jgirl3: 1:05am On Jun 05, 2006
The guy gan sef is twenty and they are still both in school. The girl is almost in third year while the guy is going to his final year and they are still in school but they are getting married this summer
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by edygirl(f): 1:06am On Jun 05, 2006
@jgirl,
Isn't that so sweet? I love it love it love it. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by Badman888(m): 1:06am On Jun 05, 2006
why the rush
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by jgirl3: 1:08am On Jun 05, 2006
that was what i said
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by Badman888(m): 1:09am On Jun 05, 2006
to wait 2yrs wouldnt hurt but every body have their reasons, hope it wont be a celebrity marriage
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by edygirl(f): 1:10am On Jun 05, 2006
at least they will be  free from fornication
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by jgirl3: 1:10am On Jun 05, 2006
hmmm. i think they just wanna do it.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by Ib(f): 1:49am On Jun 05, 2006
At 25 i was still trying to discover myself, and at this age, i'm trying to stabilize myself in my career and learn to appreciate myself so that i can offer more to myself, my future husband (still searching) and my kids.

I really wonder what i would have been like as a married woman at 25!!!!. Life is just beginning to be fun for me.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by omogenaija(f): 2:07am On Jun 05, 2006
aunty Ib, u make it sound like ur in ur 40's. ur only 26 so u still got time. high risk pregnancy is 9 years away from u. i wish u the best of luck on finding urself.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by MrBean(m): 2:09am On Jun 05, 2006
omogenaija:

u don't need to be financially ready, unless u want kids. just emotionally or mentally.

You may like to do a reasearch on the percentage divorce based on finances,. It will put things in perspective.

I am not saying you need to be a millionaire. like the saying goes: ROMANCE without FINANCE makes a man a NUISANCE.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by omogenaija(f): 2:17am On Jun 05, 2006
mrlawng:

You may like to do a reasearch on the percentage divorce based on finances,. It will put things in perspective.

I am not saying you need to be a millionaire. like the saying goes: ROMANCE without FINANCE makes a man a NUISANCE.

well as for me, finance aint a thing when its just a guy and his wife. they r suppose to be together 4 richer or poor. they just have to use protection until they r fincancially ready to have kids. I aint saying u got to be a millionare. But its ok to get married if ur poor. thats just my opinion
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by MrBean(m): 2:18am On Jun 05, 2006
Whatever floats your boat girl.
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by omogenaija(f): 2:51am On Jun 05, 2006
mrlawng:

Whatever floats your boat girl.

thanks for understanding me. wink wink
Re: Is 25 An Ok Age For Marriage? by zionchic(f): 3:27am On Jun 05, 2006
omogenaija:

well as for me, finance aint a thing when its just a guy and his wife. they r suppose to be together 4 richer or poor. they just have to use protection until they r fincancially ready to have kids. I aint saying u got to be a millionare. But its ok to get married if your poor. thats just my opinion

I really respect your opinion hun, but i'm so tempted to say it's not the best (not that you av to change that opinion, it's good if it suits you) seriously you're not supposed to have it all but the bills got to be paid, i don't see how it's going to work when the basic neccesities of life can't be afforded.

@ Topic

25 i think is a perfect age to get married (if you've got it all together at that age), i wish i had it together at 25 i would have hit the aisle so fast but i got to wait till later (acada and stuff).

@ Afeni

You're not a joker, are you?(seen some of your posts and Gosh, you make mii wonder)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Troll Thread / After Sleeping With Me Several Times, My Boss Wants Me Out' / Judgement Is About To Be Passed On Me Tomorrow,please Advise Me On What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.