Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? (45030 Views)

OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate / French Classes In Abuja: The Best School To Study And Learn In Abuja / How To Study In Europe With Free Tuition Fees For Masters Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by dimeo: 12:16am On Jun 23, 2009
@debosky, thanks for your suggestion.well i really have no more choice right now as i tried to transfer to subsea all to no avail, i thought a broad course was for a fresh graduate with no experience and vice versa?,
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
@Bassmo, he studeied something that has to do with chemical engineering
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by danieljimoh(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2009
Hi sagamites please i need your help
I have a a degree in biotechnology here in nigeria and am considering taking a pharmacy course in uk or probably a msc degree in biotechnology
And i need your advice on which school is best among the endless list of uk institutions
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by Sagamite(m): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2009
daniel.jimoh:

Hi sagamites please i need your help
I have a a degree in biotechnology here in nigeria and am considering taking a pharmacy course in uk or probably a msc degree in biotechnology
And i need your advice on which school is best among the endless list of uk institutions

Hi Daniel,

I believe you might find this thread useful:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=141689.msg2364051#msg2364051
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by skimmyboss: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2009
Hi sagamites.
Ive gone thru most of your ''uni'' posts and they were all helpful.
Im want to do an Msc in Petroleum Eng, and im thinkin bout Heriot-Watt or RGU. Which of the options would you consider as "better" and why?
Employment prospects (in the UK) after the programme? HW/RGU
International recognition as a "red-brick uni (even tho i know they both arent)? HW/RGU
Quality of study (as regards, field trips and group excursions to oil firms during the programme)? HW?RGU.
I know for a fact that Uni of Aberdeen carry out a lot of study trips to TOTAL,SHELL,TEXACO.

Please base your answers on "what you know about the uni's"and ur experience in the UK(pple you must have met that went to these uni's).
Thanx.
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by wagzo(m): 9:10am On Feb 23, 2010
sorry for the little digression pple. i'm on the verge of taking a major decision as regards my career. i am a civil engineering graduate and i have a good flair for the oil and gas industry but need your advice in finally choosing a direction to head. though i have some little bias against UK universities, which decision would you consider "well taken" if i study subsea engineering/risk management (offshore technology) in the following universities

1. University of Stavanger (Norway)
2. Delft University of technology (Holland)
3. Cranfield University
4. University of Aberdeen
5. University of Newcastle.

cost, exposure, facilities, quality of teaching and prospect of employment all considered. thanks pple.
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by Sagamite(m): 11:02am On Feb 23, 2010
skimmyboss:

Hi sagamites.
Ive gone thru most of your ''uni'' posts and they were all helpful.
Im want to do an Msc in Petroleum Eng, and im thinkin bout Heriot-Watt or RGU. Which of the options would you consider as "better" and why?
Employment prospects (in the UK) after the programme? HW/RGU
International recognition as a "red-brick uni (even tho i know they both arent)? HW/RGU
Quality of study (as regards, field trips and group excursions to oil firms during the programme)? HW?RGU.
I know for a fact that Uni of Aberdeen carry out a lot of study trips to TOTAL,SHELL,TEXACO.

Please base your answers on "what you know about the uni's"and  your experience in the UK(pple you must have met that went to these uni's).
Thanx.

Hi,

I am just seeing this, sorry.

In regards to your chosen course, RGU has a better rep and Oil & Gas is their signature field. In regards to general uni calibre, HW is way better, it is the more red-brickish. RGU is not red-brickish at all.

In regards to quality of study, I will not have a clue as I am not in that field. I will leave that to the likes of debosky and Sauron if they know as that is their industry.
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by jaybee3(m): 11:07am On Feb 23, 2010
HW is 100 times better than RGU. it's harder to get into HW compared to RGU that takes in every dick and harry that can afford to pay the fees.
Have you tried imperial college?
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by jaybee3(m): 11:12am On Feb 23, 2010
wagzo:

sorry for the little digression pple. i'm on the verge of taking a major decision as regards my career. i am a civil engineering graduate and i have a good flair for the oil and gas industry but need your advice in finally choosing a direction to head. though i have some little bias against UK universities, which decision would you consider "well taken" if i study subsea engineering/risk management (offshore technology) in the following universities

1. University of Stavanger (Norway)
2. Delft University of technology (Holland)
3. Cranfield University
4. University of Aberdeen
5. University of Newcastle.

cost, exposure, facilities, quality of teaching and prospect of employment all considered. thanks pple.
cranfield's subsea engineering is very good. I actually got a scholarship to study the same course back in the days but decided against it as my career took a different turn at the time.
It's modern and i believe it has great links to the industry.
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 12:58pm On May 20, 2010
hELLO jAYBEE,
wHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT Drilling n Well Engineering at the RGU . Is it a worthwhile course. i got a scholarship to study that.
Thank you
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by jaybee3(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2010
hey showstopa,
dats def a good course. what's your first degree in?
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 1:12pm On May 20, 2010
I am a bit confused now,
Are you perchance talking to me Jaybee. If so, my first degree is in Mechanical Engr and i have 2 years oil n gas working experience.
Thanks
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by jaybee3(m): 1:17pm On May 20, 2010
Yeah bruv, the sky is your limit with that combo.
Good luck
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 1:50pm On May 20, 2010
Oh thanks, I have been having som epeople against and some for resigning and going for that Masters cos i got a scholarship.
I appreciate.
By the way I am a Sis. grin
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by jaybee3(m): 2:02pm On May 20, 2010
hahahahah my ignorant self assumed 'em kinda engineering field are reserved for men hence ma cock-up. no vex oh.

u planning to go back afterwards or stay behind and work?
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 2:32pm On May 20, 2010
depends on how things look up.
I am not really a jand person. But since i am single grin I dont have any problems.
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by jaybee3(m): 2:42pm On May 20, 2010
Flexibility rules. Dats certainly one of the key employable factors here especially when you is a woman in a male dominated field.
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 3:07pm On May 20, 2010
Hey Jay,
You wanna expantiate on that,. Flexibility in what sense . embarassed
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by jaybee3(m): 3:19pm On May 20, 2010
OK lemme break it down
As an employer, part of my recruitment process is to determine how flexible my potential recruits are in relation to job location and extra hours cover.
If you are married then it'd be a monumental task to get you 2 leave the comfort of your family and travel to a remote site for work purposes if the need arise.
Married women usually have the occasional time offs for maternity care, children care et al  tongue

Basically the less ties you have the better for multinational companies especially in the oil and gas industry
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 4:01pm On May 20, 2010
Ya i can imagine. While i worked in the oilfield.Being single was a lot to my advantage.
So if you are an employer in the UK, i can just as well start applying now before i come over. grin
WADDAYA FINK?
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by jaybee3(m): 4:10pm On May 20, 2010
Oh well, i am far away from my engineering background dis dayz except you wanna venture into programming.
I now work as an Analyst Programmer lipsrsealed
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 4:15pm On May 20, 2010
Trust me, i am not such a wonderful cook lipsrsealed, but in this economic hullabaloo, i could apply for that post.
Just kidding.
Thank you for ur advice. Would wanna hit up on you when i have further issues if you dont mind. Can i always find you on this Page? lol
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 4:23pm On May 20, 2010
And i see you love Man U too, great guy(hope u is a guy)
I'll check you up tomoro.
Have a good evening
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by Sagamite(m): 10:08pm On May 20, 2010
showstopa:

By the way I am a Sis. grin

showstopa:

But since i am single grin I dont have any problems.

showstopa:

Being single [/b]was a lot to my advantage.

showstopa:

[b]Would wanna hit up on you
when i have further issues if you dont mind. Can i always find you on this Page? lol

[Chokes on his grapes]

cheesy Hello, {says in Joey from Friend's style} how you dowin?  wink I am Sagamite, nice to meet you.  grin You can hit up on me anytime.  cheesy

Hehehehehe, I need to get a life. I am just kidding.
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 8:03am On May 21, 2010
Hello Sagamite,
How single are you?
Real single, very Single, naturally Single, or?
I am hitting on you wink
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by Sagamite(m): 11:25am On May 21, 2010
grin grin grin

I swear I be punching bag? Hit on me hard, harder and hardest?  wink

No let my babymamas catch you sha o. You will just hear:

"Whaaagoan!

Ya talk to mi mon. Ya wan take mi mon.

Rasclat, ya think you ana Biscuit (attractive woman) mu'ore than me?

I gif im mi pumpum, e wan fi show me e sa rascal, come fi jook you up.

If mi you buck (meet), me ah box ya, ya nuh?

Rudebwoy, Sagamite, wey mi child souppot?"
  grin
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by likeithot(f): 12:15pm On May 21, 2010
Hi Sagamite, saw ur earlier posts on Glasgow and now am gettin jittery cos I'll be going there for my MSc in Sept(Uni of Glasgow).

Tho ur posts were as far bck as 08,I want to know ow friendly d place is cos I don't want to live in a hostile environment.

Then what is the academic rigour like in d skool?

Thanks,
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by Sagamite(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2010
likeithot:

Hi Sagamite, saw your earlier posts on Glasgow and now am gettin jittery cos I'll be going there for my MSc in Sept(Uni of Glasgow).

Tho your posts were as far bck as 08,I want to know ow friendly d place is cos I don't want to live in a hostile environment.

Then what is the academic rigour like in d skool?

Thanks,

Nah, not hostile at all, just a bit ghettorish in some parts with drunkards.

Scottish people are generally great with blacks, I don't think you have to worry too much at all.

You only have to worry if you are English (as in, white from England that speaks with Queen's accent). grin
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by showstopa: 12:31pm On May 21, 2010
Ouch Sagamite,
i thot u were posh.my bad. grin
Are u in scotland?
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by Sagamite(m): 1:05pm On May 21, 2010
No, I am not in Scotland but when you are there, I will be. grin
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by jaybee3(m): 1:15pm On May 21, 2010
Chei sagamite, c as u take style take over. lol
i go tell mama shocked shocked
Re: Best School For Masters Degree In The UK? by Sagamite(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2010
Shebi, you dey give lecture ni. Dey blow grammar there.

Me I just smash storie for floor jor. Chic na all mine now.  grin grin grin

Sagamite aka "Balogun leyin obinrin" aka "Hot boy" aka "I'ma flirt" aka "Hold on to your chic" aka "Dutty talker" aka "Prof of womantology" aka "I'ma hit that" aka "Juice lover" aka "She wants it" aka "Mo baaad gan" aka "Professional ashewo" aka "No waste time" aka "Naughty teddybear" aka "funminigoodstuffjor" aka "How do you wanit?" aka "Mo ni issues"

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dagrin no get [i]aka[/i]s reach me.  grin

Chei, see cyber-mouth, for real life, I no get liver o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Only Those Who Went To Secondary School In Nigeria Will Understand This / Anambra State Government’s Position On JAMB/Mmesoma Ejikeme Matter / Drone Images Of Osun State University, Osogbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.