Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,423 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans (19018 Views)

Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by eluquenson(m): 11:18am On Sep 19, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan gave a glimpse into the budget yesterday in Abuja as steps to re-introduce car and house loans were evident. This package is part of the 2014 fiscal plan being worked out by the Federal Ministry of Finance. Jonathan unveiled the plan while speaking as guest at the 54th Yearly Conference of the Nigerian Economic Society, with theme“Institutions, institutional reforms and economic development: An analytical and policy perspectives.”

Under the plan, a bank named Mortgage Refinance Company which is being promoted by the Federal Ministry of Finance with majority private sector ownership will help to address the acute housing challenge in the country. The institution, billed for launch before the end of this month, is to ensure that Nigerians have access to cheap mortgage funds from housing finance lenders.

For public and private sector workers in the country, the days may soon be back when they can walk to their banks, auto shops and drive away in brand new cars or become house owners by just filling in a mortgage form.

According to the president, the re-introduction of car and housing financing, is aimed at curtailing corruption both in the public and private sectors. He blamed the society for the continuous growth of corruption in public life because it encourages it as most corrupt people are being celebrated instead of being vilified.

He said that the new initiative would go a long way in checking the temptation to commit graft by most workers as they would now have a minimum level of comfort, the pursuit of which normally makes them to be corrupt in their workplaces.
http://ngrguardiannews.com/national-news/133106-jonathan-reintroduces-car-housing-loans-for-workers-

Share your thoughts?

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Freeanijoo(m): 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
@op where is your source? This idea is golden in our present nigeria if it is true.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by iterator25: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
If this is true, I'm coming back home

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by seunmsg(m): 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
2015 election gimmick. We aint buying this poo!

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by awodman: 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
seunmsg: 2015 election gimmick. We aint buying this poo!
To warped minds like you anything a president who is 2years plus into his tenure does is now because of 2015...

39 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
This is the type of news we av bin expecting.we av all that it takes 2b great.God bless the federal Republic of Nigeria.God bless the president of Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by masu: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
Gej won me back when i found out that his intensions and actions are progressive only that many mouth around him are too wide open.

how is gonna fight them? if he touch one fulani corrupt official then all fulanis declear war against him,
if he does same at yoruba corrupt man all yorubas will fight him etc. example subsidy saga.

so the man is hanging on a tiny balance because of the place he is coming from.
all the same Gej is going towards becoming the best Presido nigeria ever had.

53 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by masu: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
Carry on Gej Middle Beltans are behind you.

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by slimming: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
become house owners by just filling in a mortgage form.
forget it, it will be difficult to fill such form.
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by homesteady(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
Fresh air!

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by iterator25: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
^ Fresh fish!
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by tomakint: 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is indeed a blessing to Nigerians and Nigeria, when the time is ripe, I will mount the rostrum and campaign for this Great Son of Africa to be returned to power come 2015 to finish his good works!

Long Live the good people of Nigeria!
Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Long Life and Prosperity to you Jonathan!

30 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2013
masu: Carry on Gej Middle Beltans are behind you.

Even in the US, car and housing loans are functional.

If GEJ brings this to pass, then the Nigeria of the groundnut pyramid era is back here... His enemies will bury their faces in bar beach sand...

Chai, see Nigeria of our dreams. Sai GEJ!!!

18 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Pedagogue: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
Was enjoying the report until I saw this part "is aimed at curtailing corruption".

In GEJ's mind, he is fighting corruption...!!!

Left to me, this is a conduit pipe for corruption.

Who and who are in charge of this scheme? A bank that is under the control of the second most corrupt ministry in nigeria(you can quote me anywhere) the ministry of finance!!!

A large percentage of the approved funds for the scheme will go into the pockets of directors and people in govt. So, what drink was Mr. President drinking when he said the scheme is aimed @ curtailing corruption?

I would have lauded this scheme but for the lack of the right institution to make it work. But as things stand, the real ppl that need it will not have access to the funds.
Until we have a govt that is ready to strengthen our institutions, any scheme (no matter how good) Will not achieve its stated objectives.

14 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by 4reigningqueen: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
hmmmmmmmm
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by tolextony(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
FPT=ETT

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Countryman93: 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
Home News CABINET RE-SHUFFLE : Abati May Emerge Information Minister, Okupe (SA Media), Maku...CABINET RE-SHUFFLE : Abati May Emerge Information Minister, Okupe (SA Media), Maku (Defence)
■Newsby Chinedu Ekeke - Sep 12, 20130 1504
Ekekeee, Lagos

Akinjide may emerge Housing Minister

Anxiety in State House as more ministers set to leave

As the dust generated by yesterday’s sudden sack of ministers by President Goodluck Jonathan is yet to settle, the President’s key advisers may have perfected plans to redeploy some ministers and sack a few more.

While a close Presidential source told Ekekeee that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) crisis was not unconnected to the President’s sudden decision, the President in a matter of weeks may shock the nation with a further tinkering of his cabinet.

The source told Ekekeee that the President took the decision for two reasons : One, to dismiss some under-performing members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

Ministers who fell into this category include the former Minister of State for Agriculture, Bukar Tijanni and ex Minister of Environment, Hajiya Hadiza Mailafia who wept at the Chambers on hearing of her dismissal.

“Secondly and most importantly, the President was apparently angered by the refusal of the ‘rebel’ governors to shift grounds on their unreasonable demands and had to weed his cabinet of some of their ministerial candidates,” the source confided in Ekekeee.

The source continued: “But trust the President and his strategists, carrot and stick approach is the weapon in full display here.

“As the President is discussing with the Baraje group on how to strike a peace deal and move the party forward, he is also on the other hand, taking some stringent decisions to prove to the dissenting governors and their sympathisers that he is capable of holding his own.

“The President is trying to prove to them that he is capable of taming them as far as he remains the Commander- in Chief”, the source continued.

Pressed further to reveal the cause of the President’s anger, our source reluctantly noted that the Governors are insisting that the President shelves his 2015 agenda.

The former ministers who fell in the category of those who had to be dispensed for political reasons include, Professor Ruqquayatu Rufai (Education), a candidate and loyalist of Jigawa governor; former minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, Ms Amal Pepple, a loyalist of Rotimi Amaechi; former minister of state for power, hajiya Zainab Kuchi, a loyalist of Governor Muazu Babangida Aliyu of Niger; former minister of Defense, Erelu Olusola Obada, a loyalist of former National Secretary of the party, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola; former minister of foreign affairs, Olugbenga Ashiru, a loyalist of ex President Olusegun Obasanjo who President Jonathan’s camp consider as neither here nor there regarding the faction of the party he is truly supporting.

According to our source, the former minister of national planning, Dr Shamsudeen Usman was removed to pave away for a stronger political force in Kano state who will be able to neutralize the hold of Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso on the State’s political structure of the party.

Meanwhile, there is this palpable tension in the Presidential Villa as ministers who walked in look moody and forlorn; having not recovered from yesterday’s shock and considering the fact that some of them only heaved a sigh of relief after the President was done reeling out the names of Ministers who had to go.

Another source however confided in Ekekeee that while work is still ongoing regarding the full list of replacements for the sacked ministers, the surviving ministers who will be redeployed to the vacant portfolios were yesterday night hinted as regards their next assignments.

“Well, don’t quote me but I am aware that the present Minister of State for FCT, Oloye Olajumoke Akinjide has been pencilled down for the Housing ministry. In fact she is aware of this development and she has accepted to serve in that capacity if it is confirmed,” the source said.

The source added that after announcing the shocking news to the ministers in council yesterday, President Jonathan went straight into a crucial meeting with his key advisers on the way forward.

“As I speak to you, only one of the vacant portfolios is close to being sealed and that is for the Housing I told you about.”

Asked to confirm the rumour surrounding Presidential spokesmen, Dr Reuben Abati, Dr Doyin Okupe and Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, the source said : ” I have heard it too that Abati will replace Maku who will be given the Defense portfolio while Abati himself will be replaced by Okupe.”

Maku is presently supervising the defense ministry in addition to being the Minister of Information.

The source added that one of the President’s trusted advisers suggested this and the President seemed to be considering it.

He further said that the President doesn’t think Abati is doing enough in his present capacity but is not favourably disposed to sacking him outrightly.

Abati’s critics have accused him of lacking the requisite skills to properly manage the journalists in the villa especially with the sort of damaging stories that emanate from Aso Rock inspite of his presence.

The President, our source said, has been frustrated by Abati’s obvious shortcomings a couple of times but since the spokesman is an ingenious writer and an eloquent speaker, the President is desperate to keep him in his team.

Ekekeee further gathered that Okupe who is presently the President’s Special Adviser on Public Affairs and who operates from outside the villa, is reputed to have the requisite experience, nous and competence to manage information within the corridors of power

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
Sai Gej

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by lacasa: 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
if i remember all the promises this same president made during his campaigns in 2011 angry

How many have seen the light of day?

Now, APC is gaining serious ground, the rebel PDP is kicking hard, 2015 around the corner, ​ so​ the same cheap vows and promises havve gone into gear i see.

Only the cheap and foolish will believe another campaign tactic b4 elections

#. . . Thank God my brain is working. Can't say the same for most comments here though undecided undecided

13 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by rhazur(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
If i collect loan no see job to pay back,wetin go happen? Abi na only people weh get work dem go give??

Just asking!!!!
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Willgates(m): 2:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
k
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by nairaman66(m): 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nigerians.. Gullible as always! For those buying this Pooo, reality with a huge sledge hammer will give you a hard knock on the head!!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by crackhaus: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
When this becomes a reality, only then can I admit the Fresh Air has indeed come to stay.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by israel007: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
Freeanijoo: @op where is your source? This idea is golden in our present nigeria if it is true.

So if there is no source, it can't be true? What if he heard it directly from the president's mouth, how can u confirm it.
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by henrysam(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
seunmsg: 2015 election gimmick. We aint buying this poo!

Must u read politics to everything? Some people sat down and think of good things That will benefit workers and common people of this country and you have started reading meanings to it. I won't be surprised if people like you do not benefit from this scheme because you are biased already. And u will start shouting niaja is not blessed with good leader.

12 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by nijanigga: 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
iterator25: If this is true, I'm coming back home
cheap propaganda.
Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by nairaman66(m): 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
awodman:
To warped minds like you anything a president who is 2years plus into his tenure is now because of 2015...

Mundane comments from someone who has been bought to the other side.. Realistically, do you think GEJ is equal to this promising venture.. The big question is? Will this project be financed from the total removal of subsidy next year? Could be possible, don't you think? But this project of GEJ's is not possible..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by nijanigga: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
rhazur: If i collect loan no see job to pay back,wetin go happen? Abi na only people weh get work dem go give??

Just asking!!!!
How about systematics risk? No any functioning insurance policy.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
I see opposition parties shitting in their bursars.

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
Who is buying this peace of sh1t? Promises after promises and nothing to show for it. Deluded people, cursed nation.........

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Re-introduce Car & House Loans by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
masu: Gej won me back when i found out that his intensions and actions are progressive only that many mouth around him are too wide open.

how is gonna fight them? if he touch one fulani corrupt official then all fulanis declear war against him,
if he does same at yoruba corrupt man all yorubas will fight him etc. example subsidy saga.

so the man is hanging on a tiny balance because of the place he is coming from.
all the same Gej is going towards becoming the best Presido nigeria ever had.

Exactly the problem of Nigeria.. That's why GEJ is avoiding them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Neutralize 10 Terrorists In Maza, Recover Logistics And Rustled Animals / Opposition Dead In Oyo - Bola Tinubu / Reps Bury Peace Corps Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.