Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

An Emotional Dilemma - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Emotional Dilemma (1145 Views)

My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / Drop An Emotional Message For Your Future Spouse / A Heart Touching Story(an Emotional And Moral Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Emotional Dilemma by Shakslayer: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2013
Good day House!

This is an emotional dilemma am faced with in my office, i need to sort it out and time is fast running out.

I have a very beautiful corper who have been serving under me in my place of work for the past 11 months. She is very pretty and has a shape on her that can make Bashir Al-Assad give up all his chemical weapons within a twinkle of an eye.

We have been operating on a professional level ever since she joined my unit as a corper, though i fancy dating her and she knows she has an amazing effect on me, i try to keep my feelings to myself for ethical and professional reasons.

Now here's the dilemma, i understood she is passing out next month and i have been given a form to fill out for her appraisal. Her being retained in the organisation is now subject to my appraisal report. I really admire her and would love to have her around. But much as i want her around, am also smart enough to know that having her around on a long term would be detrimental to my performance at work and might even get worse cause she really is that charming.

Now i have to submit her appraisal to the Human Resource by tomorrow. Do i keep her or let her go?

*Before you ask, never mind, she isn't on NLD*
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by kokosheen(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
First thing is if she would add value to your organisation. If she has shown the potential to be an asset, recommend her for a job. Don't forget to think with that brain in your head and not with the organ between your legs angry

Second thing, if you do recommend her, do not work with her at first!!! You can easily explain this to her and you HR that you want her to have a broader understanding of how your organisation works in other departments and do a development plan for her. This might span a year or two.

Third thing, if you get her employed in another department and still feel the "LUST", do try and make love to her and get it over with cool.
1. If she refuses your overtures, you don't have to work with her again at the end of her development cycle.
2. If she agrees and you get bored after a while, you don't have to work with her again at the end of her devlopment cycle
3. If she agrees and you both fall deeply in love and want to leave happily ever after, hmmm, that depends on your organisation's policy and beyond my scope (when it comes to that point, open another thread on NL grin).
Any of the 3 points above should only be done on a very private level so as not to create the impression you gave her the job because you've been shagging her.

Good luck hunting wink
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by Shakslayer: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
kokosheen: First thing is if she would add value to your organisation. If she has shown the potential to be an asset, recommend her for a job. Don't forget to think with that brain in your head and not with the organ between your legs angry

Second thing, if you do recommend her, do not work with her at first!!! You can easily explain this to her and you HR that you want her to have a broader understanding of how your organisation works in other departments and do a development plan for her. This might span a year or two.

Third thing, if you get her employed in another department and still feel the "LUST", do try and make love to her and get it over with cool.
1. If she refuses your overtures, you don't have to work with her again at the end of her development cycle.
2. If she agrees and you get bored after a while, you don't have to work with her again at the end of her devlopment cycle
3. If she agrees and you both fall deeply in love and want to leave happily ever after, hmmm, that depends on your organisation's policy and beyond my scope (when it comes to that point, open another thread on NL grin).
Any of the 3 points above should only be done on a very private level so as not to create the impression you gave her the job because you've been shagging her.

Good luck hunting wink

Smart response. Am seriously considering ur options. And yes, she will add value to the organisation, she is good.
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by kokosheen(m): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
Shakslayer:

Smart response. Am seriously considering ur options. And yes, she will add value to the organisation, she is good.

So recommend her.... other things shall fall into place
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by megareal: 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ethically, you can't evaluate her performance as poor if it isn't but two things are involved here. Your job and your peace of mind. If you are not in a serious relationship, you can get her retained but in another department so she wouldn't always be a tempatation to you, from there you can start a relationship. If you have a serious relationship, then the best is to let her go no matter what. It wouldn't be worth the trouble. Consider that what u are feeling is most likely lust which may evaporate after a few rounds of sex. Goodluck in whatever decision u make.
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by Shakslayer: 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
kokosheen:

So recommend her.... other things shall fall into place

Guy, you really don't wish to be in my shoes, really!

She read Accounts, so she could only work in my unit (Finance). And even if she is sent to a different unit, the mere thought that she is now under someone else, is enuff to drive me madt. And i think she knows as well that she has an amazing effect on me, guess she's just waiting for me to make a move.
Now, if i do, and she snubs, that wud be bad for professional relationship, besides, i cant' even think of dating my direct subordinate! Yet, it hurts to throw her back into the market, at the same time, i won't let her be under a different manager.
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by didicold(f): 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
Oga op, i appreciate ur dilemma but i serzly av to give u some tough luv
ur asking if u should sabotage anoda human being's career bcoz u r afraid u cant keep it in ur pants?dat iz highly unfair.
Dis is y dey say power corrupts, y can't u just try to make an unbiased appraisal and let d chips fall where dey may.
In dis tough job market, r u willing to deny her of a good opprtunity because of ur own failings?
And u avnt even explored any options yet, what if in a few u months dis infatuation of urs has subsided or u meet anoda "hot chic", u would av hurt someone else needlessly. And believe if me if she had to chose between d job and u , she'd probably pick d job first ,so y don't u let her make d choice and quit being eeeeevvvviiiilllll.
LOl
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by bknight: 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Unfortunately for her, the first&only things you notice is her body shape and how sexy she looks. undecided
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by kokosheen(m): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
Shakslayer:

Guy, you really don't wish to be in my shoes, really!

She read Accounts, so she could only work in my unit (Finance). And even if she is sent to a different unit, the mere thought that she is now under someone else, is enuff to drive me madt. And i think she knows as well that she has an amazing effect on me, guess she's just waiting for me to make a move.
Now, if i do, and she snubs, that wud be bad for professional relationship, besides, i cant' even think of dating my direct subordinate! Yet, it hurts to throw her back into the market, at the same time, i won't let her be under a different manager.

I'd wanted to write on the bold text, but wasn't sure of how strongly you feel. In the real sense, you've to MAN-UP!!!

I've had something close to that at my former company and we were just 6, so there was no place to hide. But whenever she was around me, I start thinking of all the flaws she had as a person to dim my "LUST" for her. It worked eventually but you could cut the tension in the room with a knife whenever we were alone together.

If you place youself in her shoes, what do you think would help her life most? you or a job? The choice is yours.

By chance, if you can recommend her another company and secure her a job there, that would be great.
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by Bvercially(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2013
@OP pls i want to know wei u work gaskiya!..cus if she's dat hot and sexc as u say she is and off cus u r at a crossroad wit ur decisions bout her..den d solution is simple!..gimme ur address and let me com save u frm d stress and dillema u in now kowai!..let me b ur superhero..i will do wat u ought to av done 11months ago....jus send me d address as e de hot!... grin grin gringrin
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by Shakslayer: 9:37am On Sep 20, 2013
Ok guys, guess what! I have just done the inevitable.I have submitted my honest, fair and unbiased assessment of her to the Human Resource Unit.

And yes, i recommended that she be retained, not for my sake, not coz of comments from ya'all, buh coz of posterity. I have never dated a co-worker, let alone a direct subordinate.

We shall continue to work and maintain professional decorum, and if shove comes to push, i'll recommend she be transferred to our Finance unit in PH.

Not an easy decision, gonna take lotta self control, buh, u never know, self control is something i possess in large measure.

1 Like

Re: An Emotional Dilemma by Exponental(m): 9:44am On Sep 20, 2013
If she's good for d job, keep her. U can then work on her later. If she's not good for d job, let her go, dont risk ur job @ d expense of a girl dat can say NO to ur advances.
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by Shakslayer: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2013
Exponental: If she's good for d job, keep her. U can then work on her later. If she's not good for d job, let her go, dont risk ur job @ d expense of a girl dat can say NO to ur advances.

She is good. The rare type that combines beauty, smartness and brains. Very rare combo among Nigerian ladies.

Main reason i recommended her.
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by kokosheen(m): 11:41am On Sep 20, 2013
Shakslayer:

She is good. The rare type that combines beauty, smartness and brains. Very rare combo among Nigerian ladies.

Main reason i recommended her.

Nice one. Your decision is the fairest and most reasonable. Good luck on your self control adventures though tongue
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by Shakslayer: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2013
kokosheen:

Nice one. Your decision is the fairest and most reasonable. Good luck on your self control adventures though tongue

If anything ever happens, you will be the first to KNOW! tongue
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by baralatie(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
The most important tin is u.
Can u challenge urself to be proffesional,ruthles & giv her sack witout any emotional sentiments.
Can u see beyond her body.
Can u get ur head 4rm betwen her legs.
Can u put her in place
Re: An Emotional Dilemma by Shakslayer: 6:35am On Sep 21, 2013
baralatie: The most important tin is u.
Can u challenge urself to be proffesional,ruthles & giv her sack witout any emotional sentiments.
Can u see beyond her body.
Can u get ur head 4rm betwen her legs.
Can u put her in place

To all the above questions, my answer is affirmative. Except for the first, I don't sack, HR unit does. I may admire you as a lady, I may have s*exual urges for you so badly, buh am not the type of guy that asks a lady for s*ex. Naaaaa, that's the one thing I get offered easily by ladies without me asking for it. Mind you, my fear is not in wanting desperately to sleep with her, rather, can I hold myself if and when she does come for me. And come for me she will, now she knows I have had her retained. That much I know for sure.

(1) (Reply)

10 Diff Btw Dating A Caro Minded Boy And Ada Minded Man / Stretchout Finance/exclusive Rendezvous Boss, Stanley Acho Impregnates Customer / Why Do Girls Love Dating Married Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.