Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (37586 Views)

Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) / Is Archangel Michael Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
Put "having or carrying something" in place of With in
that passage,and lets see what the context suggest....

Having an archangel's voice. This agrees with the context.

@bolded,Thats why you find it to hard to believe..you are
still using human Logic to view the things of God..

I hope i am not speaking with a kid here? So you ve not read Jesus asking logical question before? Nawah o! Do you want me to show you where Jesus used logic to reason with people? 'Overrighture'.

Your human logic is still at work here...

Oga dont run from my question. What you wrote below has no relation to it.

I repeat:

"It says the lord comes "with an archangel's voice".
Viewing this to mean that a voice was accompanying
Jesus, Is that not to say that Jesus' own voice cant
raise the dead , that it lacks command? In the future,
did Jesus say he will resurrect the dead with another
person's voice?"

Ask yourself, "why is
God allowing the devil to operate freely when He(GOD)
can End him with one Word?"
It didnt say the voice of the angel will raise the dead... God
will raise the dead...God laid out roles for angels for a
purpose...It doesnt mean that God cant operate without
them!!

God allowing satan has no relation to my question at all. God had a prophesy on when to destroy satan. Ur so called almighty Godman also said he will raise the dead in the future, not angels. John 5:28, 29.

So your almighy Godman needs an angel to accompany him so as to raise the dead he promised to resurrect?

Using your human logic,what is the work of an Mc in an
occassion?
So,if the couple who are about to wed are coming,they will
still announce it themselves whereas an Mc is in the House?

Will the MC anounce with the voice of the couples?

Again. I see that as an attempt to boycott the question.

I repeat:

" Does it make sense to state that one who has authority
like Jesus would need an angel's voice to resurrect the
dead? Who is more powerful, Jesus or the angel?"

Try reading the bible with an open mind bro....

When I saw all your replies i planned to make that statement after my response. What you said above just describe what you do not me. Am happy others are reading all these. The sincere mind will tell himself the truth.

You are right, even my translation calls him Jesus in verse
10, however, the statement there is made by an angel
not John. John didnt call him Jesus, rather he was
describing him. To me I think John writes according to
what appears in his eyes, not that he doesnt know whom
the person is. At chapter 12, Jesus appeared as an
archangel , so he has to call him by that name.

I dont know,so Jesus is now confusing his angels with his
personality too? He changes to Michael and then changes to
Jesus Christ?
Remember, it was an angel who identified Michael in
Daniel10:13 "The Prince of the Kingdom of Persia
withstood me for twenty-one days;but Michael,one of
the Chief Prince's came to help me,so i left him there
with the Prince of the Kingdom of Persia" ......
You are the one clearly confusing and misunderstanding
yourself... Angels knew who Jesus is,same way they Know
who Michael is... I clearly dont know where the
misconception is coming from!!

Let me pretend and assume that you forgot the comment that resulted to that reply.

Read your comment:

"
Now,what am i saying here? John
stayed with Jesus throughout His
earthly Ministry,infact,he is the
"Beloved" ,that Jesus even had to
handover His Mother to him.....
Now tell me,how could[b] John see
Jesus[/b] and not recognise Jesus? How
could he see his master and call
him Michael? Is like you staying
with ur mum for years,and then
you travel,and when you come
back,you mistake your Mum for
your little sister...."

That was what you said, and i gave you Rev. 19 and asked why John didnt also call him Jesus in that chapter, rather he was only describing him. Does it also mean he didnt recognize him. I said all that just to prove to you that John is writing the revelation as it appears in his eyes. Not that he doesnt recognize him. At Rev 12 he appeared as an archangel, that was why he didnt bother calling him Jesus. Sometimes John is shown things he knew with symbols.

Now, you said that you saw Jesus in verse 10, and I agreed with you, but i now said that it was an angel that called that Jesus not John. Even the angel there did not see Jesus, he was just explaining to John why he shouldnt bow to him. After that, you jumped into saying:

" I dont know,so Jesus is now confusing his angels with his
personality too?"

How doest that question relate to my reply?

As for your question whether he changes to michael and then changes to Jesus cbrist. In revelation he even has some other descriptions apart from these two.

Pls pls pls, respond according to the issue being discussed so that i dont waste my time reminding you all agan.

Really? My Mathew told me He condemned the Job
Pharisees there....Or is your own bible saying otherwise?
Why i referred you to that chapter is because Michael
"dared not" accuse,which Jesus did.........

Are you sure that is what your translation says? Consult it again and correct yourself.

Now. The scenario are totally different, as such i dont think it is a good analogy.

Jesus wasnt discussing with the devil. So i dnt think it's wise to compare it with a situation where Michael met the devil face to face. Even if we see such areas, that doesnt mean that a behavior in a certain circumstance cant change to a different one. Compare luke 4: 8-13.

Did you see me doubt this in any of my comments?
Put "having or carrying something" in place of With,lets
see how the passage will look like....

Notice the word "something", not somebody. That second definition applies when we talk about something, while the second definition comes in when somebody/something accompanying something else.

So how can Word accompanied by God be the same
persons.
That is why there are Three Persons in One God{God the
Father,God the Son and God The Holy Spirit}.....
Mathew28:19 "Go
therefore and make disciples of all nations,baptizing
them in the name Of the Father,and of the Son,and of
The Holy Spirit"
You simply cant comprehend it cuz its a Mystery yet to be
revealed to Man in its full context and comprehension....

So archangel's voice is in Jesus?

Ok, the identity of your God is a mystry. Until you get to know the almighty, the bible says you will miss alot. I know my God.

I ask: can you be the same person you are with?
You have ended up answering the first question you asked
me......^^^Check the first quote up....

How?

The Word "ARCHANGEL" was not used in the Book of
Revelation......I dont know the Chapter12 You are talking
about....
But The Revelation12 i know,mentioned the name of
Michael in verse7,and Mentioned the name of Jesus Christ
in verse17 differently and specifically.......You are the one
in Misconception here,not the Bible.......

1. Of course archangel didnt appear there. That doenst change the truth that michael is that archangel, cos the word appears in the singular. And he is the only one called archangel. Jude 9.

2. You right by saying that the chapter mentioned the name of Jesus and Michael separately. Of course, there is no contradiction. After satan is cast out, the kingdom has been established etc etc. however, note that the statement was made by an angel after the casting. It is a statement of joy as the devil is no longer in heaven etc, christ's authority and rulership has began.

How does this come into the point am making here?

I dont see how it conflicts with my point.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
JMAN05 you can sabi write long posts shocked
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
edogho: yeah,everyone needs it.
I'm still wondering why you thought I didn't start from page 0,buh I don't expect you to answer since you made it clear that you want to avoid me and me question buh I just hope those reading would notice that I'm not new on this thread because I've discussed only briefly with Mr.Emusan.
Even if I had a gun and you continued pulling the trigger of your own gun(mouth I mean) I would'nt care because I don't think it will do me any good to condescend. I will be on this thread till no one posts (so don't get me twisred,)I'll be here when scoffers get screwed(as Obadiah would....em.....call zem) . I'll just do what I do best on NL,(watch scoffers get screwed)
STILL AS OBADIAH WOULD CALL TZEM(speaking your most revered ENGLISH LANGUAGE Japanese style in case you forgot.its not.even an African language)
TSANK YOU BROTZER(still Japanese style)
that philfearon is a stiff necked professional scoffer. best to just not take him too serious lol

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
JMAN05:

Having an archangel's voice. This agrees with the context
Which context?"Having the Trumpet of God nko"?you apply one you leave one?..So how does it sound?Jesus will be sounding the trumpet too?
JMANO5: I hope i am not speaking with a kid here? So you ve not read Jesus asking logical question before?

And so,you are Now Jesus abi? Who is the kid here?

raise the dead , that it lacks command?
You are Wrong,thats nt what i mean..In The days old,God has told a Prophet to speak to dry bones and they had life,Same With Elijah...You are in misconception here..God can raise the Dead wit ur voice,it doesnt mean that it is your voice that Raised the dead;God did...

So your almighty Godman needs an angel to accompany him so as to raise the dead he promised to resurrect?
He doesnt bro..He can do it Himself,but just like you said,God has planned it so..

No...So,what else are u arguing about?

Bro, you can answer that urself "To fulfill all righteousness"...Dont know where u are going...Why does God need human allies When he has billions of angels in heaven who obey him?

. The sincere mind will tell himself the truth.
Exactly... You didnt read That "1Thessalonian4:16" with other Translations,and it is showing in your constant repetition of the same line==>with the voice of the archangel..Like i said Earlier,read that passage with upto 4different translation..Diversify Yourself!!
To me I think [/b]John writes according to
the person is. [b]At chapter 12, Jesus appeared as an
archangel

@first bolded,stop Thinking,start knowing..

@second bolded,the Bible doesnt say so..And like i said,the Word "archangel" was not used in Revelation..Since you said John was describing according to What he saw,Why didnt he describe Michael in that scene as having any of Jesus' qualities throughout the Book of Revelation?
He appeared as an archangel, that was why he didnt bother calling him Jesus
Really?Seems like you didnt read the remaining Verse's in that chapter!!
Now, you said that you saw Jesus in verse 10, and I agreed with you, but i now said that it was an angel that called that Jesus not John. Even the angel there did not see Jesus, he was just explaining to John why he shouldnt bow to him.
Seriously bro,what were saying there?@bolded..It seems to me you are conflicting your statements..

As for your question whether he changes to michael and then changes to Jesus cbrist. In revelation he even has some other descriptions apart from these two.
So did Revelation say he changed to Michael?
Pls pls pls, respond according to the issue being discussed so that i dont waste my time reminding you all agan.
I have been giving you detailed replies..Cant say same of You..

Notice the word "something", not somebody. That second definition applies when we talk about something, while the second definition comes in when somebody/something accompanying something else.
Bro,put it in Place of "With".....The nearest in Meaning to "With" in English language is "Accompanied by",and in that 1Thessalonia4:16,when you apply it to the two "WITH{s}" There,The sentence still retain its original Meaning...

Using your "Having"meaning,Here is what the passage luks like:
"For The Lord Himself will Descend from Heaven {Having} a shout,{Having} the Voice of an archangel,and {Having} the trumpet of God,And the Dead in Christ will rise First"

Mine:accompanied by;
"For The Lord Himself will descend from heaven{accompanied by} a Shout,{accompanied by} the Voice of The Archangel,{accompanied by} the trumpet of God,and the Dead in Christ will rise first"
so how does it now sound to You?
Which of them has retained the original meaning of the verse?Bro,this verse is simple to understand...Use your head! English is reali very easy to understand!!

JMANO5: 1. Of course archangel didnt appear there. That doenst change the truth that michael is that archangel
Same with Jophiel too..That his name wasnt mentioned there doesnt mean it is not him who was described..Unless you are now saying there are nameless angels..
Peace!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
JMAN05:

Having an archangel's voice. This agrees with the context.

I hope i am not speaking with a kid here? So you ve not read Jesus asking logical question before? Nawah o! Do you want me to show you where Jesus used logic to reason with people? 'Overrighture'.

Oga dont run from my question. What you wrote below has no relation to it.

I repeat:

raise the dead , that it lacks command? In the future,
did Jesus say he will resurrect the dead with another
person's voice?"

God allowing satan has no relation to my question at all. God had a prophesy on when to destroy satan. Ur so called almighty Godman also said he will raise the dead in the future, not angels. John 5:28, 29.

So your almighy Godman needs an angel to accompany him so as to raise the dead he promised to resurrect?

Again. I see that as an attempt to boycott the question.

I repeat:

When I saw all your replies i planned to make that statement after my response. What you said above just describe what you do not me. Am happy others are reading all these. The sincere mind will tell himself the truth.

You are right, even my translation calls him Jesus in verse
10, however, the statement there is made by an angel
not John. John didnt call him Jesus, rather he was
describing him. To me I think John writes according to
the person is. At chapter 12, Jesus appeared as an
archangel , so he has to call him by that name.

Let me pretend and assume that you forgot the comment that resulted to that reply.

Read your comment:

"
Now,what am i saying here? John
stayed with Jesus throughout His
earthly Ministry,infact,he is the
"Beloved" ,that Jesus even had to
handover His Mother to him.....
Now tell me,how could[b] John see
Jesus[/b] and not recognise Jesus? How
could he see his master and call
him Michael? Is like you staying
with ur mum for years,and then
you travel,and when you come
back,you mistake your Mum for
your little sister...."

That was what you said, and i gave you Rev. 19 and asked why John didnt also call him Jesus in that chapter, rather he was only describing him. Does it also mean he didnt recognize him. I said all that just to prove to you that John is writing the revelation as it appears in his eyes. Not that he doesnt recognize him. At Rev 12 he appeared as an archangel, that was why he didnt bother calling him Jesus. Sometimes John is shown things he knew with symbols.

Now, you said that you saw Jesus in verse 10, and I agreed with you, but i now said that it was an angel that called that Jesus not John. Even the angel there did not see Jesus, he was just explaining to John why he shouldnt bow to him. After that, you jumped into saying:

" I dont know,so Jesus is now confusing his angels with his
personality too?"

How doest that question relate to my reply?

Are you sure that is what your translation says? Consult it again and correct yourself.

Now. The scenario are totally different, as such i dont think it is a good analogy.

Jesus wasnt discussing with the devil. So i dnt think it's wise to compare it with a situation where Michael met the devil face to face. Even if we see such areas, that doesnt mean that a behavior in a certain circumstance cant change to a different one. Compare luke 4: 8-13.

So archangel's voice is in Jesus?

Ok, the identity of your God is a mystry. Until you get to know the almighty, the bible says you will miss alot. I know my God.

How?

1. Of course archangel didnt appear there. That doenst change the truth that michael is that archangel, cos the word appears in the singular. And he is the only one called archangel. Jude 9.

2. You right by saying that the chapter mentioned the name of Jesus and Michael separately. Of course, there is no contradiction. After satan is cast out, the kingdom has been established etc etc. however, note that the statement was made by an angel after the casting. It is a statement of joy as the devil is no longer in heaven etc, christ's authority and rulership has began.

How does this come into the point am making here?

I dont see how it conflicts with my point.

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
obadiah777: -- shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/1460660/u.s-government-officially-shutdown#18486096

check this out.
why are ppl acting so surprised?
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MightySparrow: 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
This kind of thread is and can only be given by JW's. All I have noticed about them is that they memorize a small brown book titled ' Reasoning from the Scriptures' and a more recent one ,which they distribute while the other is for doctrinal defence. This they do religiously. I have a few of them in my family.
My
observation is this, if you are one and honest with yourself as I asked those close to me: Have you taken time to read the Bible alone without any other books may be three to four times. While doing that, ask the Holy Spirit (Oh, you do n' t believe in His being a person)
no problem, ask Jehovah to explain the scriptures to you.
I challenge any one of you who would do this most sincerely that you will come to testify of your findings on NL
Just be honest with yourself. A no of you guys I have met, mostly those that have over thirty years in it. I ask them this simple question, ' have read the Bible cover to cover alone without any human interpretations? Of course, the answer in always 'NO'.
Until you do that you do not know the beauty of Christianity. You are just follow - follow.

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mighty Sparrow: This kind of thread is and can only be given by JW's. All I have noticed about them is that they memorize a small brown book titled ' Reasoning from the Scriptures' and a more recent one ,which they distribute while the other is for doctrinal defence. This they do religiously. I have a few of them in my family.
My
observation is this, if you are one and honest with yourself as I asked those close to me: Have you taken time to read the Bible alone without any other books may be three to four times. While doing that, ask the Holy Spirit (Oh, you do n' t believe in His being a person)
I challenge any one of you who would do this most sincerely that you will come to testify of your findings on NL
Just be honest with yourself. A no of you guys I have met, mostly those that have over thirty years in it. I ask them this simple question, ' have read the Bible cover to cover alone without any human interpretations? Of course, the answer in always 'NO'.
Until you do that you do not know the beauty of Christianity. You are just follow - follow.
Tell them o...Thats why they all say the same exact Words,because it was crammed from one Certain Leavelet or tiny Pamphlet,or their Silly Awake!!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
philfearon: .
Which context?"Having the Trumpet of God nko"?you apply one you leave one?..So how does it sound?Jesus will be sounding the trumpet too?

God's trumpet doesnt fit the first definition of with, but the third ( using oxford advance learner's dict. 6th edition). Why God's trumpet is a material that another person can carry. Secondly, if he carries it, it is not debasement. But it is down grading that Jesus prophesied to use his voice at john 5:28, 29, but came and used the voice, NOT a material but another person's voice to command. How do you see this? I can use your trumpet, but can i use your voice to do something. Or was Jesus mimicking his subordinate?

Note that this archangel's voice is viewed a commanding call. And you are consciously saying that Jesus is mimicking it or what?

I am a christian.

You are Wrong,thats nt what i mean..In The days old,God has told a Prophet to speak to dry bones and they had life,Same With Elijah...You are in misconception here..God can raise the Dead wit ur voice,it doesnt mean that it is your voice that Raised the dead;God did...

Thats true, however, did God do it with Elijah's voice? Ie, did God call up the dead and His voice is described as Elijah's voice? Is this guy not getting my point or what?

He doesnt bro..He can do it Himself,but just like you said,God has planned it so..

You mean planned to use his inferior's voice to fulfill his word? John5:28, 29.

But you are implying that that is what Jesus did?

Bro, you can answer that urself "To fulfill all righteousness"...Dont know where u are going...Why does God need human allies When he has billions of angels in heaven who obey him?

Having allies is different fron using their voice. Dont you get it?

Exactly... You didnt read That "1Thessalonian4:16" with other Translations,and it is showing in your constant repetition of the same line==>with the voice of the archangel..Like i said Earlier,read that passage with upto 4different translation..Diversify Yourself!!

This comment didnt agree with my earlier reply. I wonder how you know i dont use other translations. Ok, show me the one with another meaning consistent with the original.

@second bolded,the Bible doesnt say so..And like i said,the Word "archangel" was not used in Revelation..Since you said John was describing according to What he saw,Why didnt he describe Michael in that scene as having any of Jesus' qualities throughout the Book of Revelation? .

1. "Think" is a preferred style that respects the view of another. It is preferable in a sincere and unbiased discussion as opposed to dogmatism. I shouldnt be explaining this to you, if you ve been in an open mature discussion, you should know.

2. You make me laugh. Please what is Jesus' qualities?

Jesus is not a leader of an army of spirit creatures? Hmmm?

3. The archangel was not used in revelation, was immanuel used in revelation? So Jesus is not immanuel?

Oga their are things i dont expect you to be saying.

Show me. Can John report what he didnt see?

Seriously bro,what were saying there?@bolded..It seems to me you are conflicting your statements..

No conflict. The angel there was the one that mentioned Jesus not John. What i mean by him not seeing Jesus is that Jesus wasnt there as they were talking.

Revelation 19:10 KJV
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Did it say he changed to faithful and true?

Why respond out of context then?

Bro,put it in Place of "With".....The nearest in Meaning to "With" in English language is "Accompanied by",and in that 1Thessalonia4:16,when you apply it to the two "WITH{s}" There,The sentence still retain its original Meaning...

"For The Lord Himself will Descend from Heaven {Having} a shout,{Having} the Voice of an archangel,and {Having} the trumpet of God,And the Dead in Christ will rise First"

"For The Lord Himself will descend from heaven{accompanied by} a Shout,{accompanied by} the Voice of The Archangel,{accompanied by} the trumpet of God,and the Dead in Christ will rise first"
Which of them has retained the original meaning of the verse?Bro,this verse is simple to understand...Use your head! English is reali very easy to understand!!

"James called me out with a shout, with governor's voice"

Tell me how you understand that statement.

I dont know your level of understanding at all. "With" have many meanings. As for the shout, it corresponds to meaning 9 of that dictionary.

Same with Jophiel too..That his name wasnt mentioned there doesnt mean it is not him who was described..Unless you are now saying there are nameless angels..
Peace!

Show me the angel for bible. Thats what am saying.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
philfearon: .

God's trumpet doesnt fit the first definition of with, but the third ( using oxford advance learner's dict. 6th edition). Why God's trumpet is a material that another person can carry. Secondly, if he carries it, it is not debasement. But it is down grading that Jesus prophesied to use his voice at john 5:28, 29, but came and used the voice, NOT a material but another person's voice to command. How do you see this? I can use your trumpet, but can i use your voice to do something. Or was Jesus mimicking his subordinate?

Note that this archangel's voice is viewed a commanding call. And you are consciously saying that Jesus is mimicking it or what?

I am a christian.

Thats true, however, did God do it with Elijah's voice? Ie, did God call up the dead and His voice is described as Elijah's voice? Is this guy not getting my point or what?

You mean planned to use his inferior's voice to fulfill his word? John5:28, 29.

But you are implying that that is what Jesus did?

Having allies is different fron using their voice. Dont you get it?

This comment didnt agree with my earlier reply. I wonder how you know i dont use other translations. Ok, show me the one with another meaning consistent with the original.

@second bolded,the Bible doesnt say so..And like i said,the Word "archangel" was not used in Revelation..Since you said John was describing according to What he saw,Why didnt he describe Michael in that scene as having any of Jesus' qualities throughout the Book of Revelation? .

1. "Think" is a preferred style that respects the view of another. It is preferable in a sincere and unbiased discussion as opposed to dogmatism. I shouldnt be explaining this to you, if you ve been in an open mature discussion, you should know.

2. You make me laugh. Please what is Jesus' qualities?

Jesus is not a leader of an army of spirit creatures? Hmmm?

3. The archangel was not used in revelation, was immanuel used in revelation? So Jesus is not immanuel?

Oga their are things i dont expect you to be saying.

Show me. Can John report what he didnt see?

No conflict. The angel there was the one that mentioned Jesus not John. What i mean by him not seeing Jesus is that Jesus wasnt there as they were talking.

Revelation 19:10 KJV
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Did it say he changed to faithful and true?

Why respond out of context then?

"James called me out with a shout, with governor's voice"

Tell me how you understand that statement.

I dont know your level of understanding at all. "With" have many meanings. As for the shout, it corresponds to meaning 9 of that dictionary.

Peace!

Show me the angel for bible. Thats what am saying.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mighty Sparrow: This kind of thread is and can only be given by JW's. All I have noticed about them is that they memorize a small brown book titled ' Reasoning from the Scriptures' and a more recent one ,which they distribute while the other is for doctrinal defence. This they do religiously. I have a few of them in my family.
My

Now what about another person who left his former religion to join them, even when his family is in another religion. what about someone who has researched about religion and finally found them to be the truth?

Good. you have read the bible cover to cover without any book. just on your own. please come up and tell me their wrong interpretation with you biblical proof, let me see how far you can go.

Since you ve discussed with someone with 30 years experience. Now you know all, and you have it all. now form a thread and lets discuss the trinity. i dont believe it and it is false. You think the witnesses are wrong? form
a thread then. with your experience, you may tell me their mistake.

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MightySparrow: 12:05am On Oct 02, 2013
JMAN05:

Now what about another person who left his former religion to join them, even when his family is in another religion. what about someone who has researched about religion and finally found them to be the truth?

Good. you have read the bible cover to cover without any book. just on your own. please come up and tell me their wrong interpretation with you biblical proof, let me see how far you can go.

Since you ve discussed with someone with 30 years experience. Now you know all, and you have it all. now form a thread and lets discuss the trinity. i dont believe it and it is false. You think the witnesses are wrong? form
a thread then. with your experience, you may tell me their mistake.

The fellows research is a good effort. His conclusion is drawn from how much he knows now. He and such likes should research more. Truth is as much you can take. When it comes to God, no one person or a group has the monopoly of kowledge of God as you guys want to male people believe.
1. Two questions: I have been trying to lay my hand on my copy of reasoning from the scriptures I can't find it now. However, in around pages 35 or 75 it is written (paraphrased) if you are asked about a mistake made by Jw; Give this answer: no
one is above mistake. I know you will have this book be honest what is this mistake?
2. The original versions of the Scriptures are they in the custody of catholics or JW's?
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 02, 2013
obadiah777: [b][/b] shocked

obadizzle fo shizzle,
you know what it izzle.
my nizzle. i need some scripturizzles.

please obligizzle. cheesy grin

-Kailizzle

(yes; im trolling)

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by philfearon(m): 8:04am On Oct 02, 2013
@JMANO,i see you are full of conflicts,No need quoting you again...and i realised you are still a kid,and as such,you have turned the questions to kiddies Show!!
You brag in confusion..Did you even take out time to read the response you gave?Childish mentality at its Best!!
I have been trying to curtail and bear your childish responses since,but this just the height of it;cant condone it again!!
However,i will just give you the final chance to come to your Godgiven senses with this different translations of 1Thessalonica4:16........
GOODNEWS BIBLE{UBS}:
"There will be the shout of command,the archangels voice,the sound of Gods trumpet,and the Lord himself will come down from heaven.Those who have died believing in Christ will rise to life first.."

KJV:
"For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a shout,with the voice of the archangel,with the trumpet of God.And the dead in Christ will rise first"

REVISED STANDARD EDITION{HOLY BIBLE published by The Bible Societies}..
"For the Lord Himself will descend from With a cry of Command,with the Archangel's call,and with the sound of the trumpet of God.And the dead in Christ will rise first"

Stop reading the bible with that your reasoning from the scriptures crap or that Crappy Awake!
...When the bible was written,that crap wasnt in existence,and christians dont need that crap to understand the bible...You have already made it known that you use Logic to read the bible,so am sorry for you....The Bible doesnt need human written aid to understand,only The Spirit of God will help you understand what he inspired men to write...Peace!!
And dont bother quoting me,i think i have given you enough time already,and you flawed yourself!!
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Itsfacts: 8:58am On Oct 02, 2013
So Jesus doesn't exist anymore? Jesus was Michael before earth and become Michael again after earth?
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 02, 2013
philfearon: @JMANO,i see you are full of conflicts,No need quoting you again...and i realised you are still a kid,and as such,you have turned the questions to kiddies Show!!
You brag in confusion..Did you even take out time to read the response you gave?Childish mentality at its Best!!
I have been trying to curtail and bear your childish responses since,but this just the height of it;cant condone it again!!
However,i will just give you the final chance to come to your Godgiven senses with this different translations of 1Thessalonica4:16........
GOODNEWS BIBLE{UBS}:
"There will be the shout of command,the archangels voice,the sound of Gods trumpet,and the Lord himself will come down from heaven.Those who have died believing in Christ will rise to life first.."

KJV:
"For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a shout,with the voice of the archangel,with the trumpet of God.And the dead in Christ will rise first"

"For the Lord Himself will descend from With a cry of Command,with the Archangel's call,and with the sound of the trumpet of God.And the dead in Christ will rise first"

Stop reading the bible with that your reasoning from the scriptures crap or that Crappy Awake!
...When the bible was written,that crap wasnt in existence,and christians dont need that crap to understand the bible...You have already made it known that you use Logic to read the bible,so am sorry for you....The Bible doesnt need human written aid to understand,only The Spirit of God will help you understand what he inspired men to write...Peace!!
And dont bother quoting me,i think i have given you enough time already,and you flawed yourself!!

You really seem to struggle with this. Just believe the Bible's simple message - it leads to peace, and brings no confusion.
John 5:28,29 - “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned". ( NIV)

Whose voice will the dead hear? That of Jesus. Jesus raises the dead with his voice and this same voice is that of "the Archangel" - another support of Jesus being the Archangel.

Here are a lot more translations of 1 Thess 4:16:

[b]
New International Version
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

New Living Translation
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.

English Standard Version
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

New American Standard Bible
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

King James Bible
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the archangel's voice, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

International Standard Version
With a shout of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of God's trumpet, the Lord himself will come down from heaven, and the dead who belong to the Messiah will rise first.

NET Bible
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Because our Lord shall descend from Heaven with a command and with the voice of the Archangel and with the trumpet blast of God, and the dead who are in The Messiah shall rise first;

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The Lord will come from heaven with a command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet [call] of God. First, the dead who believed in Christ will come back to life.

Jubilee Bible 2000
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

King James 2000 Bible
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

American King James Version

American Standard Version
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

Douay-Rheims Bible
For the Lord himself shall come down from heaven with commandment, and with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God: and the dead who are in Christ, shall rise first.

Darby Bible Translation
for the Lord himself, with an assembling shout, with archangel's voice and with trump of God, shall descend from heaven; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

English Revised Version
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Webster's Bible Translation
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Weymouth New Testament
For the Lord Himself will come down from Heaven with a loud word of command, and with an archangel's voice and the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

World English Bible
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with God's trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first,

Young's Literal Translation
because the Lord himself, in a shout, in the voice of a chief-messenger, and in the trump of God, shall come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ shall rise first,
[/b]

And the translations buttress the point (same in the original greek) that only one Archangel, "the Archangel", exists and it's the Archangel's voice that will raise the dead (accompanied with trumpet sound, announcing the great event). Simple!

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2013
*Kails*:

obadizzle fo shizzle,
you know what it izzle.
my nizzle. i need some scripturizzles.

please obligizzle. cheesy grin

-Kailizzle

(yes; im trolling)
dayum trolls smh sad

lol whappun kails ? when you fi make mi some ackee and saltfish and all dem jamaican tings like dumplings ? wink
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
Mighty Sparrow:

The fellows research is a good effort. His conclusion is drawn from how much he knows now. He and such likes should research more. Truth is as much you can take. When it comes to God, no one person or a group has the monopoly of kowledge of God as you guys want to male people believe.
1. Two questions: I have been trying to lay my hand on my copy of reasoning from the scriptures I can't find it now. However, in around pages 35 or 75 it is written (paraphrased) if you are asked about a mistake made by Jw; Give this answer: no
one is above mistake. I know you will have this book be honest what is this mistake?
2. The original versions of the Scriptures are they in the custody of catholics or JW's?

1. i dont understand your first question. of course are we above mistake? show me the mistake on trinity.

2. what has original copy got to do with your identifying the mistake? point ouf the mistake as it relates to their current teaching.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
philfearon: @JMANO,i see you are full of conflicts,No need quoting you again...and i realised you are still a kid,and as such,you have turned the questions to kiddies Show!!

I know the trick. thats a good way to escape. the door is open.

GOODNEWS BIBLE{UBS}:

KJV:

Emeka said he will be calling me on october. exactly that october, Emeka called me with a shout, with a governor's voice.

Jesus said he will resurrect the dead. john 5:28, 29.

at thesalonians he fulfils the promise with an archangel's voice. who is this archangel? Another angel lower in authority than Jesus?

If you dont see the truth, others will.

oga, logic is just related to reasoning. Jesus used it too.

Jesus on trying to prove his superiority. he asked his audience, who do you is the messiah, they answered, son of David, he then said: how then did david call him lord if he is his son? they werent able to answer that.

Jesus many at times used logic to let them reason. thats what am doing.

Paul did so too: read acts 17: 2-3.

Pls dont let me think you are a kid. how can you consciously condemn logic? do you really know what you are saying?

and you said you dont need another person's help or book to understand it? are you serious?

what are you doing with the translation you are using then? the bible is written in hebrew, aramaic and greek not english. port to the origanal langiage na.

what are you doing with lexicon and strong's definition? i believe you dont belong to any religion at all?

i dont need help from anyone. what are we doing here then? why are you discussing with me? oh! i only need your help not another's?

why should Paul and other preach to others? why should theire be elders in the congregation?

why did Paul write letters? grow up pls.

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MightySparrow: 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mighty Sparrow:

JMAN05
I am back after three days you have not answered my question: Did you travel or something?
Question again:
1. The original scrolls of the N
Bible is whose custody, JW or Catholics?
2. In around pages 45 - 37 or 75 you wrote in Reasoning from the Scriptures about certain mistake your organization made, what is this mistake?
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Mighty Sparrow:

JMAN05
I am back after three days you have not answered my question: Did you travel or something?
Question again:
2. In around pages 45 - 37 or 75 you wrote in Reasoning from the Scriptures about certain mistake your organization made, what is this mistake?

Original, ke? There are no known original copies of the Bible - what we have are copies, called manuscripts made thousand of years ago by skilled copyists. These manuscripts are in several locations, mostly museums, libraries and some Monasteries. The oldest bible manuscript, The Dead Sea Scrolls are now in Israeli museum I believe, after being found in caves in the 40s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_manuscript

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/05/25/parts-dead-sea-scrolls-world-oldest-biblical-manuscripts-are-for-sale-in-tiny/

No doubt, the Catholic Church have some bible manuscripts. As interested as JW are in bible history, being deeply into studying the Bible, I doubt they own or are interested in actually owning manuscripts. They seem interested in preaching the gospel more. Usually, digital copies of manuscripts are readily available for scholars and others interested in studying them.

Owning the early copies of the bible means nothing. The Jews and Pharisees of Jesus time, no doubt had even earlier copies of the bible. It didn't stop them from being at the forefront of opposing Christ, eventually having him and his Apostles killed

Of what relevance are these questions to the topic?
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mighty Sparrow:
JMAN05
Question again:

neither of them has it. we possess written manuscript of them.

scholars including JW's has the photo facsimile of the vatican1209, and siniticus I suppose cos it is available to scholars.

secondly, the vatican1209 which catholic has is not complete, they have to refer to siniticus to get some of the portions not complete in the vaticanus. and this siniticus is not in the custody of catholic.

of course we make mistakes. but my statement was that you identify those mistakes for me taking trinity as a case study. their current teachings not past.[/quote]
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by CANTICLES: 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Can u comand with the president's voice if u ar not the president? Definitely no, u must be d president before u av such priviledge!!! Now lets dig truth from the scripture ! Arch - angel means " the head of all angels" or the most superior angel ! Ar u following ?? Micheal was said to be an " Arch- Angel" wich is *singular* (one person), But the post of Arch-angel is mostly given to our Lord Jesus .... Dont be suprised " ... The Lord himself will descend from heaven, with a Commanding call, with an ARCHANGEL'S VOICE " 1the 4:16 .. This shows Jesus voice is dat of an Archangel! Scripture support he is the Arch-angel Micheal ! Aftrall Peter is also known as Simon ( Matt 10:2) , Jacob is also known as Isreal ( Gen 49:1,2) so its not unusual for someone to have two names

1 Like

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by MistadeRegal(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2014
JESUS CHRIST is not an angel, HE is GOD
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by TheIkoro(m): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2015
MrPresident1:
ARCHANGEL MICHAEL IS JESUS CHRIST

HOW? LETS SEE.

LOOK UP THE STORY OF THE STONING OF STEPHEN IN ACTS 6 AND 7.

Acts 7:55-57
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Dan 12:1
12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

FROM THE TWO BIBLE REFERENCES ABOVE, WE KNOW THAT ANGEL MICHAEL THE GREAT PRINCE STANDS FOR HIS PEOPLE.

ALSO, AS STEPHEN WAS BEING STONED, WE SEE THAT JESUS CHRIST HAD STOOD UP FOR HIM. WHY? JESUS DOESN’T STAND AT THE RIGHT HAND, HE SEATS AT THE RIGHT HAND.

Luke 20:42
42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand

ARCHANGEL MICHAEL THE GREAT PRINCE IS JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD.

Isa 63:9-10
9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

1 John 2:1-3
2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The angel of His Presence...we have an advocate with The Father.

I rejoice that there are truly quite a number of such as thee that know of the words,

"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at My right hand."

And that which is written is that which I still say,

"Now that you say, 'We see;'
your guilt remains."

Unto The Pride of Machismo Renaissance (wherein is the faith of Masculinism) I repeat that
which is written, and that which I say:

"Worship GOD."

The LORD our God, The LORD is GOD.

- Ikoro Iyineleda.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Horus(m): 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
ARK ANGEL MICHAEL

Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by rekinomtla(m): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
Horus:
ARK ANGEL MICHAEL

But that guy is a convicted child molester.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Janosky: 12:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
CANTICLES:
Can u comand with the president's voice if u ar not the president? Definitely no, u must be d president before u av such priviledge!!! Now lets dig truth from the scripture ! Arch - angel means " the head of all angels" or the most superior angel ! Ar u following ?? Micheal was said to be an " Arch- Angel" wich is *singular* (one person), But the post of Arch-angel is mostly given to our Lord Jesus .... Dont be suprised " ... The Lord himself will descend from heaven, with a Commanding call, with an ARCHANGEL'S VOICE " 1the 4:16 .. This shows Jesus voice is dat of an Archangel! Scripture support he is the Arch-angel Micheal ! Aftrall Peter is also known as Simon ( Matt 10:2) , Jacob is also known as Isreal ( Gen 49:1,2) so its not unusual for someone to have two names

Gbam!
Jesus Christ ,the son of God (,Heb1:1-3) "became better than the angels ", was elevated above all angels (Heb1:4-7),
"God is your throne" (Heb1:8. 1Chro29:23. Luke1:32,33, Jesus inherits the throne of David his human ancestor).
Heb1:9,13 "your God (the God of Jesus) exalted his son above his companions (angels), from Hebrew 1:1-13, Jesus Christ was exalted above angels.
Truth.
Re: Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jesus and Michael are to separate entities. Michael is angelic while Jesus is an ascended Master an adept and a mediator with the supreme creator

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.