Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:46 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members (13383 Views)

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by feelamong(m): 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
GOOD JOB SO FAR!!

IF YOU ARE FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO GET TRUSTEES.. JUST SEND A MAIL TO ME..I WILL LIKE TO BE A MEMBER OF YOUR OF TRUSTEES..

I HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE AND KNOW WHAT IT FEELS TO BE OUT THERE WHILE OUR DIOTS CALLED LEADERS ARE GALLIVANTING ABOUT AND TALKING ABOUT TRANSFORMATION..WHILST ENRICHING THEMSELVES angry
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by arabanibaba: 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
pls how can we get notification for the next meeting pls
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by politicalpastor: 3:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nigeria. scared of revolution . this is laughable.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by nijanigga: 3:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
When solid and grounded, you guys can form a very powerful voting block and begin to vote for someone from among you.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by rman: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nigerian graduates are completely missing the point. The effort you all are putting into this can be channeled into starting a legit business.
Imagine the talent pool that is readily available.

University education has failed completely in Nigeria if all our graduates can think of is starting an association like this.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
Bet me someone here will call me a prophet in 5yrs time! This guys have another hidden agenda off their sleeves! Very soon, when they gain ground, they'll start showing their true colour. How will they get funding? Their are 2 ways
1) Govt funding; thereby making them campaign tools for election rigging and deceit of the graduates without vision
2) Internally generated funding. I don't mean that the excos and trustees will empty their pockets and accounts (afterall they are unemployed) rather, they will request that all 9ja graduates pay a stipend (perhaps 1k each) to run the association.

Now my next question is, if the excos get a job tomorrow, do they seize to be members of the exco or association in general?

Are they backed by any legislation or is there any federal legislator/senator that is backing the association?

Honestly, I feel a politician has set up this association now to help gather millions of unemployed 9ja youths under an umbrella in anticipation of 2015.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by vladimiros: 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
Dear Nigerian Grads

Nigeria is stilla technical economy trying so hard to be a Service Economy, thats why there is limited job for office but vacancy for skilled jobs

I have WARNED you, this group is uselesss, go learn a skill

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by OmerianConsult: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
Please use this platform to vote for the opposition in 2015. Despite spending 14 years in power, the government in power is ensuring that (y)our plight is getting worse everyday.
NB: I'm not a member of any political group, l just know that we desperately need some fresh air. Even those of us who are entrepreneurs are facing daunting challenges.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by mafioso47(m): 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
Boss13: What are the objectives of this group?
if the objective is to draw the attention of the govt to the rising profile of unemployed graduates in the country then it's a good one. But do members have the mindset of remaining unemployed for life? What is the future of the group when it's members gain gainful employment?
I suggest the Name of this association be changed to "National Association of Employable Graduates".

For Ideas and Concepts,
marvin.marcus@yahoo.com

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Sam0(m): 3:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
Good job.keep it up
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Dsage1: 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
Boss13: What are the objectives of this group?

My thought exactly!

NAUG, what for?

Instead of you people to join business section/forums to share business ideas and how to form a partnership business, you're here channel your energy toward unnecessary organisation.

Good luck to you anyway!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by mrinfo(m): 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
As regards the issue of Trustees you can reach me via chukswriter[a]yahoo.com I'll be willing to help this solid association.

Also I think the leadership of this association needs much more importantly clear action plans not just rhetorics. Action plans should be broadly in form of two directions;

a) Self help initiatives and collaborations (this is vitally important and more achievable)

b) pressure and lobby: initiatives and strategy towards getting governments (at federal and state levels) to initiate policies and remove stumbling blocks to job creation.

There are certainly a few ideas towards the above. Again you guys can actually make a difference. Any executive of the association can hit me up to get started on practical steps to achieve the above. Email: chukswriter[a]yahoo.com.

Peace!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Aromas: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
tammmy: joblessness has brot about careles groups

U dey craze or mad dey worry you?
Guy no vex me oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abi God wan punish youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
OMG, just show me ur face if den born you well. So if dis food done don finish now you go bring out dat ur shrinking dirty hand ehn?? Answer me! Idiot.
Oh boy guy's are not smiling @ll
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by itsmine: 3:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
moving forward!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
NAUG? For real, unemployed people association. i hope this a joke, what is your aim? what do you want to achieve? Is only in Nigeria this crap happens. I don't get it, do you want government to give you job? or you are trying to draw the attention of the government to the plight of unemployed youths?

This is so funny, what next? Nigeria association of killers? If you have enough time to come up with this ridiculous idea then i think you can use half of that time to get yourself a job or become self employed. I don't think Mark Zuckerberg sitting around looking for unemployed association to join.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by oladayo042: 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
tammmy: joblessness has brot about careles groups
Have you taken your pills?

A big name (as a trustee) will make the organization and its agenda more visible to the general public. It would be great if you can have somebody in the mold and calibre of Sam Adeyemi. #My opinion#
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by thisisjonny(m): 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
Talking of Trustees and notable Human Right Activists, I will like to suggest Adams Oshomole of Edo State. I have been following him lately and I thinks he is a man of his words. He has proven over the years, his allegiance to the common people. This is exemplified in the recent rally by NLC against removal of Minimum wage from exclusive list. One thinks that since he is part of the executive, he should not participate in such rallies but he still took side with the masses. His action is commendable.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Gombs(m): 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2013
What now happens when the excos have a Job or members? Do the continue being a member or what?

I'd love to read through your constitution though. Wish you folks all the best in d world
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by phil5(m): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
What's the need 4 this association?are they gona give jobs?or vacancies can easily be assessed through their site?are they gona be another noise making organisation with countless agenda and no action and voice,? Will their voice be heard when they speak?do non hope to be employed?

I need answers.thanks
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by iGeneral: 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
Another marginalisation attempt. There is no igbo or hausa representation in the contact trustees. Only yoruba, Edo and Calabar. SMH.

I suggest GEJ and PEJ as trustees since they are father and mother of all of us.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by JingoOAU(m): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2013
I'm suggesting Dr. Dipo Fashina, the former President of ASUU, he's also the chairman of Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship Board. He's a retired lecturer of Obafemi Awolowo University, but he's still an active actor in ASUU politicis.

I guess Oshiomole might be an added value too as member of the board of trustee

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by kdabj(m): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
great work
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by phil5(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]this is Arab nonsense ,instead of looking 4 ways to better your lives you guys are 4ming naug.una go dey unemployed 4ever abi,mttwww , -instead

Form an assocaiton to indutrialize and promote inovations,so that one day we can be technologically independent.thanks once again as there was no answer to my previous post
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ketoprofen(m): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
wise_many2k: Bet me someone here will call me a prophet in 5yrs time! This guys have another hidden agenda off their sleeves! Very soon, when they gain ground, they'll start showing their true colour. How will they get funding? Their are 2 ways
1) Govt funding; thereby making them campaign tools for election rigging and deceit of the graduates without vision
2) Internally generated funding. I don't mean that the excos and trustees will empty their pockets and accounts (afterall they are unemployed) rather, they will request that all 9ja graduates pay a stipend (perhaps 1k each) to run the association.

Now my next question is, if the excos get a job tomorrow, do they seize to be members of the exco or association in general?

Are they backed by any legislation or is there any federal legislator/senator that is backing the association?

Honestly, I feel a politician has set up this association now to help gather millions of unemployed 9ja youths under an umbrella in anticipation of 2015.

dont mind them
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by tomzman: 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
This is quite funny! What won't we see in this country! I thought this was a joke the first time I saw it on NL a few weeks back, so it's no joke afterall. What happens to the executives and members of this association if they eventually get jobs? Will they now cease to be members or what?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by agobentim: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2013
I suggest we go for credible Nigerians who have a voice at the National level but cannot be dragged into the pull of these corrupt leaders. I will suggest activist like Dipo Fasina, Femi Falana and other notable men of character in each of the regions or states in Nigeria
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by mostfavoured(m): 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
I sense a revolution coming out of ds association. A serious government should take ds movement serious and addrress dia worries quickly. D Arab spring started like ds but if Nigerian government is not careful ds may be Subsaharan Africa Tsunami.

Nigerian politicians/ Government...don't say I didn't warn u oooooooo....
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ketoprofen(m): 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2013
i-General:
Another marginalisation attempt. There is no igbo or hausa representation in the contact trustees. Only yoruba, Edo and Calabar. SMH.

I suggest GEJ and PEJ as trustees since they are father and mother of all of us.

what are igbo graduates supposed to be doing in that rag-tag organisation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo: Cripples Serve As Street Sweepers In Kaduna State / Should I Accept The New Job Offer? / Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.