Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:18 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members (13385 Views)

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Osama10(m): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
Na wa.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
wise_many2k: Bet me someone here will call me a prophet in 5yrs time! This guys have another hidden agenda off their sleeves! Very soon, when they gain ground, they'll start showing their true colour. How will they get funding? Their are 2 ways
1) Govt funding; thereby making them campaign tools for election rigging and deceit of the graduates without vision
2) Internally generated funding. I don't mean that the excos and trustees will empty their pockets and accounts (afterall they are unemployed) rather, they will request that all 9ja graduates pay a stipend (perhaps 1k each) to run the association.

Now my next question is, if the excos get a job tomorrow, do they seize to be members of the exco or association in general?

Are they backed by any legislation or is there any federal legislator/senator that is backing the association?

Honestly, I feel a politician has set up this association now to help gather millions of unemployed 9ja youths under an umbrella in anticipation of 2015.
You shouldn't be afraid to say it as it is, 5 years is too far. It is already happening. The magas are already paying.

While a set of Nigerian youths scattered all over Nigeria are forming www.kobomart.com-Nigeria's first true online mega mart, another set are gladly becoming magas to the smart bunch.

I hope this Ehis is not a bini boy because eye go turn all of una and I'm not talking out of prejudice. I'm a deltan living in the nearest town to benin city, it also happens to be the city where I did my NYSC service. Be very weary.

In the end I hope I am wrong, jobs are created out of thin air for association members, legislation is passed for all graduates to be employed by force...hahahaha...and I have to eat my words. I pray the day comes.

For you suckers out there, in Nigeria we live in today it is easier to give a troublesome exco and his trustees sweet scenting PR aka bribe than create jobs for a country with over 40% unemployment rate meanwhile the universities, colleges, polythecnics, monotechnics and every other sort of higher institutions are churning out graduates like no man's business.

I WISH YOU LUCK!!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
Double post
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by oubi: 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ok.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Caseless: 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
ehixking: From our facebook page Okeke Donatus
I wish that we need truthful and trustworthy men, nt men that wl use us as avenue to generate resources from politicians(preferably, clergymen. E.g bishops, cardinal, pastors, imam). Who hv greatest zeal to d future of today's youth, an icon of valour with dignified eloquency. He who is being touched by the merciless cry and continual agony of d future youth of our mother nation. I suggest we consult catholic cardinal, trusted imam, and other nobblemen. No procastination. Let action start !

But come to think of it haven't our churches and mosques been politicised?
Most imams and pastors have politicians they are loyal to
We have to be very careful so religion won't lead to politics
Though I know the catholic clergymen have a couple of NGOs that are wise for us to patner with
We Don't need any religious leaders as trustees
take religion and clergymen outta this, and the association wl strive and grow. The reason nigeria is failing is becos of religion. Pick trustees based on credibility and patriotism. Beware of seperatists/seccessionist; as the love of nigeria shld be placed above all .
I'm jst this 'strike' away from graduation and when i graduate, i might join by God's grace. May God be ur strength!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Ninapha(f): 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
I vote Barr. falana and Prof. Pat Utomi. I hv this feeling they woul represent well. For women, Oby ezekwesili. Its important we work with pple who hv like mind.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
OK
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by olivertwist: 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
Well done guys. After appointing your leaders, my advice for you guys is to declare a national day asap for your association whereby all unemployed graduates in all 36 states and FCT will gather at the state house of assemblies and those in Abuja will go to the National Assembly, by doing this, you'll embarass and put all our corrupt leaders to shame.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nextworldnx(m): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
ehixking: There is a saying that goes thus "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown". Over a couple of weeks now since NAUG made public its executive members, work has been going on by these officials to make sure the associations sticks to its guns on the struggle against unemployment in Nigeria. The executives has been serving as a strategist team,and yet they still have a lot to do which can't be done alone,including getting trustees from the 6 geopolitical zones, we have decide to have two each from a zone and also to balance it gender ratio between the male and the female folks. NAUG hereby use this means as a source of invitation to noble men and women of timbre and calibre who would wholeheartedly from the bottom of their hearts would to be our trustees to please contact us.

I must congratulate the general public and those that have stood by us and our members who have been with us all through the struggle.
We have been getting encouraging results from the Cooperate Affairs Commission(C.A.C) as regards to registration and getting our trustee is part of the registration process. We all must understand that its not an easy process,our constitution has been drafted and our lawyers have given the go ahead. As part of the criteria for registration we now wish to invites trustees,men and women of noble character,( preferably not politicians)for the smooth running of the association from across the Federation. And to interested members, the website would ready in exactly 7 days from now, members would register free online and no monthly dues would be demanded.this trend is also opened to suggestions about trustees(if you feel there is anyone we can approach)

Join us on facebook: Facebook.com/naugnigeria

Twitter: @naijagraduates

Thank you all
Interested trustees can contact
Ehis ----- 0703 071 7445
michael-- 0806 314 1854
Offiong-- 0806 223 4327
YINKA--- 0808 353 6004
Dammy-- 0810 802 3630

Thanks
Ehis Abuya
National coordinator.

How do one become a member now?

Besides meetings can't only be held in Lagos and u expect everyone to travel from all parts of Nigeria to the said venue.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Jarus(m): 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
ehixking: There is a saying that goes thus "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown". Over a couple of weeks now since NAUG made public its executive members, work has been going on by these officials to make sure the associations sticks to its guns on the struggle against unemployment in Nigeria. The executives has been serving as a strategist team,and yet they still have a lot to do which can't be done alone,including getting trustees from the 6 geopolitical zones, we have decide to have two each from a zone and also to balance it gender ratio between the male and the female folks. NAUG hereby use this means as a source of invitation to noble men and women of timbre and calibre who would wholeheartedly from the bottom of their hearts would to be our trustees to please contact us.

I must congratulate the general public and those that have stood by us and our members who have been with us all through the struggle.
We have been getting encouraging results from the Cooperate Affairs Commission(C.A.C) as regards to [/b]registration and getting our trustee is part of the registration process. We all must understand that [b]its not an easy process,our constitution has been drafted and our lawyers have given the go ahead. As part of the criteria for registration we now wish to invites trustees,men and women of noble character,( preferably not politicians)for the smooth running of the association from across the Federation. And to interested members, the website [b]would ready [/b]in exactly 7 days from now, members would register free online and no monthly dues would be demanded.this trend is also opened to suggestions about trustees(if you feel there is anyone we can approach)

Join us on facebook: Facebook.com/naugnigeria

Twitter: @naijagraduates

Thank you all
Interested trustees can contact
Ehis ----- 0703 071 7445
michael-- 0806 314 1854
Offiong-- 0806 223 4327
YINKA--- 0808 353 6004
Dammy-- 0810 802 3630

Thanks
Ehis Abuya
National coordinator.

All the best bros. But you can do better in the bolded parts.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by clubone05: 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
Im really sad that your parents sent any of u that endorse this rubbish to school.

After I graduated I started my own business with just 70k..and before I got a solid job I was making 100% profit monthly. ..

I regret leaving it now...cus my home boi I left it to makes 400k plus monthly now. And my home gal thats into sewing just opened a showroom on opebi....

If u have money to buy a bb ...u can start ur biz...na time e go chop..but u'll get bigger. ..

Nothing is as sweet as being called MD CEO.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ceejayluv(m): 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2013
I suggest a name change... Something that doesn't give the impression that the association is for jobless loafers.
Since the group will definitely not comprise the unemployed only.
I suggest something like "movement for the Amelioration of Graduate Unemployment"

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by IYANGBALI: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
This is the beginning of mass protest and revolution in Nigeria
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by divinelove(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
d name makes it dead on arrival, consider name change immediately. sounds lik handicapped ppl

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by tope777(m): 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
My suggestion thus; Festus Keyamo, Pat Utomi and Femi Falana.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by immaculatDrLe: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
This will be the greatest movement ever. Good work.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by creativemusic: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin THIS IS GOOD
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
::gsmcoder:::
I blame gej for this.
what planet are u from?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
tope777: My suggestion thus; Festus Keyamo, Pat Utomi and Femi Falana.
wnt u b a fool 2 associate urself with d's group if u were in their shoes?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
ceejayluv: I suggest a name change... Something that doesn't give the impression that the association is for jobless loafers.
Since the group will definitely not comprise the unemployed only.
I suggest something like "movement for the Amelioration of Graduate Unemployment"
with d's grammar...y u still no get job?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by rman: 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2013
University education is wasted on all that are happy to be called members of this association
The fact that you want to be associated with such a ridiculous thing makes you completely unemployable.
In fact, you all deserve your certificates to be withdrawn.

Please look closely around you, there is something to be done, or services to be improved upon. In most cases you need very little start up capital.
Just a few days ago the governor of Lagos state said close to 3billion naira is spent on parties in just three LGA in the state? He gave examples of the amount of wine that was consumed monthly in Lagos alone. In most cases these wine were imported, has anyone thought about growing the seeds used and approaching NBL, Guniness or Coca-Cola for partnership?
Osun state launched opon imo, have all the programmers and computer science and IT graduates thought of selling the same idea to their respective states? I know someone that repackaged the car wash business in one of the " O " states and started smiling to the bank. Everyday, when I go out, I see numerous things that can be done. I was once in Osogbo and had phone issues, practically everyone directed me to just one guy and when I got there, I had to stay on a que. He collected 1k and fixed my phone in less than 30mins. He made close to 10k while I was there. I left thinking some unemployed graduates are in Osun thinking there is no job when a guy is practically monopolizing smart phone repair in the same town in a small shop.
My wife learnt how to do makeup and costumes in less than two months after leaving law school, now she charges 70k per job and she gets at least three jobs monthly.

The jobs are there, but not in the office. What our society needs is people with skills that addresses issue or service delivery.

Look, think, be ready to start small and to get your hands dirty. There are no more office jobs.

You all need to wake up from this useless dream.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by ceejayluv(m): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
hilaomo: with d's grammar...y u still no get job?
slowpoke, not everyone that sympathises with the group is unemployed. It's more like a pressure group. Pardon me if my lexical missiles are too formidable for your degenerate mind to stomach.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by 100Whykay(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2013
blink182: You shouldn't be afraid to say it as it is, 5 years is too far. It is already happening. The magas are already paying.

While a set of Nigerian youths scattered all over Nigeria are forming www.kobomart.com-Nigeria's first true online mega mart, another set are gladly becoming magas to the smart bunch.

I hope this Ehis is not a bini boy because eye go turn all of una and I'm not talking out of prejudice. I'm a deltan living in the nearest town to benin city, it also happens to be the city where I did my NYSC service. Be very weary.

In the end I hope I am wrong, jobs are created out of thin air for association members, legislation is passed for all graduates to be employed by force...hahahaha...and I have to eat my words. I pray the day comes.

For you suckers out there, in Nigeria we live in today it is easier to give a troublesome exco and his trustees sweet scenting PR aka bribe than create jobs for a country with over 40% unemployment rate meanwhile the universities, colleges, polythecnics, monotechnics and every other sort of higher institutions are churning out graduates like no man's business.

I WISH YOU LUCK!!!

Thanks for wishing us luck.
We promise not to disappoint you. Again, we say THANK YOU
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by 100Whykay(m): 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Together We can!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by 100Whykay(m): 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Entrepreneurs are made given an enabling environment. We want an enabling environment
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by 100Whykay(m): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
One thing I knw for sure is that: 'Nigerian youths are not lazy.'
Everybody can not be an entrepreneur, skill acquisition also isn't for everybody. Government must start talking about Job creation. Jobs! Jobs!! Jobs and more Jobs.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by 100Whykay(m): 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
clubone05: Im really sad that your parents sent any of u that endorse this rubbish to school.

After I graduated I started my own business with just 70k..and before I got a solid job I was making 100% profit monthly. ..

I regret leaving it now...cus my home boi I left it to makes 400k plus monthly now. And my home gal thats into sewing just opened a showroom on opebi....

If u have money to buy a bb ...u can start ur biz...na time e go chop..but u'll get bigger. ..

Nothing is as sweet as being called MD CEO.

Everyone cannot be called MD/CEO
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by 100Whykay(m): 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
divinelove: d name makes it dead on arrival, consider name change immediately. sounds lik handicapped ppl

We are only using NAUG for now cos we started off with that name.

It's ANGAU not NAUG

Association of Nigerian Graduates Against Unemployment- ANGAU

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by CONSTAINE: 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
People go and look for work,association wetin.Government should provide you jobs,una go wait tire.make una do carry guns.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by dozern(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
i love this idea.pls lets start state by state mobilization.I believe this wl bring all the marginalizd individuals irrespectv of tribe and religion.i see this associatn as a tool to address many issues in nigeria.thank u guys 4 dis idea
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by adeowo84(m): 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nice job guys, where are we meeting next?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
Members of this group seriously need orientation. The Monies you guys spent in travelling for meetings, registration with CAC etc could be channelled to something profitable. Jobs are made by men, lots of oppirtunities are on the streets and even online. People make money legally with their PCs, BBs and oither gadgets. With ANY amount you can start-up SOMETHING in Nigeria. Pls don't embarrass yourselves, No employer who wants value will employ such group as this. God bless you all and I wish you all prosperity and happiness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Biggest Career Challenge Today? / Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers / Should I Accept The New Job Offer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.